• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

todd360

rc3iTWl.jpg

I will finally be able to play warlock again since the new armor is swagtastic. The swagtagonist would be proud.

Juraash

I would blame Activision on this one, Bungie knows how great music can set a tone for the game.

Oh I definitely would pin this on Activision. I just wish there wasn't such a disconnect between the marketing and the game. But that happens all the time I guess.

I liked it, and thought it helped with giving it the feel of not taking itself too seriously. I just wish they had used someone other than Zeppelin since they already used that for the live action trailer. I don't want them to keyhole themselves into one artist. Maybe Aerosmith to mix it up but keep the feels consistent among trailers.

I guess my problem with it is that the tone of the voiceover and visuals is pretty serious. The guy is basically saying, "hey we straight up killed this guy's kid. And he's coming to exact vengeance on literally everyone." We have guns firing, people screaming, a space demon god channeling dark space magic. Destiny always seemed like a game that took itself....pretty seriously.

But still, my gripe is fairly minor. It's 90 second ad for a game I'm already invested in and was already going to buy. I just facepalmed a bit when the Zep started.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I will finally be able to play warlock again since the new armor is swagtastic. The swagtagonist would be proud.
That helmet looks like it's just a modified Manifold helmet (the PS-exclusive rare from Strikes with Vanilla Destiny.)

That Omolon gun, on the other hand... *sploosh*

As a side note, who even thought that choice of music was a good fit for the new TTK trailer? I cringed so hard.

He's not saying he doesn't like Zeppelin, just that the music does not go with the trailer, and that I agree with.
Huh, seems that conversation is already in motion.

Juraash

He's not saying he doesn't like Zeppelin, just that the music does not go with the trailer, and that I agree with.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I didn't mean my original comments to imply that Zeppelin sucked. Just that it doesn't fit the trailer.

Also I should probably add that licensed music is fine if you do it right. I know my original post probably sounded like I hated it no natter what. One of the best examples in my mind was the Gears 1 trailer with Mad World playi f.

I finally finished my Moments of Triumphs yesterday and I'm not quite sure what to do except for increasing my vanguard/crucible rep until it's JUST about to level up.

Guess I'll play Gears Ultmate until the 15th.

See you all then!

R0ckman

Cool, rolled my Ash Factory with everything except Javiln, good enough for me, considering the amount of times others roll for weapons.

Namikaze1

Looks like Warlocks are finally joining the others with their own exotic boots. Will Xur finally sell exotic boots engrams, Bungie?!

Bungie: Hell no!

I am positive that is Last Word 2.0. With Red Death and Suros Regime year 2 having a different color scheme than their year 1 versions, I'm sure TLW Year 2 will be no different.

The Titan helmet: exotic or legendary? I'm leaning towards legendary. My GF is leaning towards exotic. We made a pizza bet on this.

New Hunter exotic helmet?
Edit2: Also, I didn't circle it but the shotgun. My GF thinks it's an exotic. My brother thinks it's the Omolon Shotgun. Definitely an AR. Just rewatched the video.

Edit: Actually don't think that's a shotgun. Looks like an Auto Rifle. Could be the Arc Auto Rifle mentioned in the GI issue. And I can't wait to tell my brother he's wrong since a picture down below has what looks like the real Omolon shotgun strapped to the Titan's back.

Could this be the exotic sniper GI was talking about in their September issue?

Strange looking chest piece you got there, Hunter.

Before anyone says it, yes I know I "forgot" the Warlock exotic helmet and the shotgun with special reload animation. I actually didn't. I didn't include those since they were revealed last week. And now some other screenshots I took:

I am positive that is Last Word 2.0. With Red Death and Suros Regime year 2 having a different color scheme than their year 1 versions, I'm sure TLW Year 2 will be no different.

I think you're right about the Last Word. Notice the little arrow detail on the revolver part of the gun (dunno what it's called...It's where the bullets are held)?

Well TLW also has that arrow detail.

last-word-2.png

The only problem is that it's missing the details along the barrel

R0ckman

I think you're right about the Last Word. Notice the little arrow detail on the revolver part of the gun (dunno what it's called...It's where the bullets are held)?

Well TLW also has that arrow detail

last-word-2.png

No need to analyze, I believe a year 2.0 LW was confirmed in the recent Game Informer interview where they asked a bunch of questions taken from fans.

No need to analyze, I believe a year 2.0 LW was confirmed in the recent Game Informer interview where they asked a bunch of questions taken from fans.

I know it's a year 2 weapon, but the question is...Is it the black/white gun from the screenshot?

Maybe.

just called the cylinder and the holes are the chambers.

Thanks! I don't really know much about guns despite playing tons of shooters

Juraash

I wonder if TLW 2.0 will have perks that would help it be usable in PvE somehow ..

What's its biggest issue in PVE do you think? Mag size? Range? I don't use it much but at a glance those seem like the two biggest culprits. Is it even possible to balance that stuff without rebreaking it in PVP?

Top Bottom