• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Hi All,

New to NeoGAF (Thanks for the add!) Amazing stuff here on forums, great stuff for when I'm traveling. Met several GAFers already ingame through a friend and so far everyone has been really chill to play with. A buddy and me are looking to go through trials tonight too and are hoping someone can help us go through. We aren't terrible but will need someone who is definitely better than that to help us :)

Thanks again!

PSN BurritoBear

Kalamari

Hi All,

New to NeoGAF (Thanks for the add!) Amazing stuff here on forums, great stuff for when I'm traveling. Met several GAFers already ingame through a friend and so far everyone has been really chill to play with. A buddy and me are looking to go through trials tonight too and are hoping someone can help us go through. We aren't terrible but will need someone who is definitely better than that to help us :)

Thanks again!

PSN BurritoBear

Welcome to DGAF!!

11894393_10204746805497157_2774562849091880075_o.jpg

Took a 3 week hiatus and jumped back in to see if I lost my touch before the expansion came out. Feels good breh!

rc213

Woooooo lots of Thorny people tonight and lots of people shooting though rocks,cracks, walls, etc... Just campers everywhere tonight.

Still winning, Got my 3rd to level 5 easy.

Kilau

First run at Skolas PoE 35, what a damn mess that turns into. Had the mines down, but people getting separated did us in.

One week left to get that last moment of triumph, time getting short!

Today I've had the most revive snipes in one day than I've ever had. It feels so good. If only I had snapshot. I'll be ready for that perk.

I got wrecked hard on the Xbox side. Good thing I forgot to stream it haha. Not only that, the first 3 matched were the most laggy. At least 1 was pure lag switchers.

Thanks to Cobalt for the tips. Can't wait to play and learn more next week! Nice to meet and play with you and the Xbox Puma, LunaticPuma! Both really cool people

EHMAHGERD, praxic fire plz! Also a big fuck yes for st 14

@thislukesmith: TTK/2.0: Many (not all!) pieces of Exotic Armor will accept color from Shaders. Helm of St. 14 w/Revenant looks sweet. St.14 returns for Y2

Homeboyd

@thislukesmith: TTK/2.0: Many (not all!) pieces of Exotic Armor will accept color from Shaders. Helm of St. 14 w/Revenant looks sweet. St.14 returns for Y2
And suddenly that titan angel of light helmet is forgotten by 20 million people instantly.

GlamFM

Banned
First run at Skolas PoE 35, what a damn mess that turns into. Had the mines down, but people getting separated did us in.

One week left to get that last moment of triumph, time getting short!

Run it with Drizz. He got me and a Level 32 (!) through it with no problems.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

So Titans get to keep their one Exotic that matters

Good for them

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Streak bonus for Vanguard Strikes is awesome and something I'd long had in mind. I actually have a half-finished post about how much unexplored potential there was for streaks and multipliers in Destiny back from before HoW somewhere, ha

I'm very not used to doing Normal with a team. Sorry it took so many tries :D
Would have had it on the first, but I shot the sword. I've never shot the sword before.

That's also doable.

If you need help let me know accidentally jumped in to some HM when trying to help another team out.
I don't need loot so priority to those that do.*
*I got three pieces of armor that run >_<
**Including a helmet with Infusion. I never got a helmet with Infusion when it mattered despite all my best efforts.

Such a smooth weapon. The first thing I look for every time I go to a range.

No worries at all. Crota is such a crap encounter. We ended up getting HM done. Got zero drops from it.

SpecX

Titan at rank 5 and Hunter at rank 3. Calling it quits for this IB and this makes up for me missing rank 5 last time by 1 match.

I have a pretty big presentation (demo) tomorrow that I'm not fully prepared for, and I can't sleep and I just want to play Trials, which I have all day since I got off of work. I have a problem.

Some things from college always stay with me, and procrastination and putting my finishing touches the day of the presentation/demo is one of them. I need to develop better habits.

It doesn't help that my work demotivates the heck out of me especially lately.

Even though I didn't do particularly well today, I had a good time overall. Trials, when not laggy, can be extremely fun.

SpecX

I plan on living and breathing Destiny for this last week before update. So i'll be around for sure.
Unfortunately I've been doing that which is why my wife hates me. Boy when she sees that TTK PS4 show up in 2 weeks she's going to flip.

Kilau

Unfortunately I've been doing that which is why my wife hates me. Boy when she sees that TTK PS4 show up in 2 weeks she's going to flip.

Oh yeah, right there with you on wife agro lol. Once I can get this last thing with Skolas done the pressure will be less. Kicking myself so hard for waiting until this late.

Hi All,

Thanks again!

PSN BurritoBear

Welcome, Guardian^^

Edit: suuuuuuuper late, but love the OT name; one last jab at vanilla Destiny before 2.0^^

ad_idem

Hello everyone, was wondering if anyone here might be interested in running a level 35 PoE by chance? For the record, haven't had a chance to play in a good while, and have only done up to the level 34 version (I believe we failed on the last round), if that will be an issue of concern. Probably not the best sell, but at least it's honest lol.

Tjamato88

Ugh been grinding IB all night and just finished what I think is probably my 25th game and I have 2398/2400 for level 5.

Dear god :eek:

Here comes #26

Guy on the opposite team from me just sent me a message that read "awesome sniping skills!" I've been exclusively using a sniper outside of trials to practice. Feels good man.

Rehsa

FUCKING MERCURY BABY!!! Thanks Drizzay and xo, final boss 4-4. You guys are awesome. Thanks a ton as it was my last shot before TTK. I owe you guys big time :D

Edit: Void Messenger get! :D

Can someone explain to me what it is about iron banner that the matches are always so laggy? This doesn't happen when iron banner is not around, at least not to the same extent. So what is it?

ocean

Banned
Frankly none of that is difficult, or something I wouldn't want to do. But it seems like the train departed. Most of those guys have been doing that since the Alpha, if not before. Am not sure if there's any new real estate.

Also, Red Bull tastes like shit. If it was Mountain Dew then maybe.
There's a few "types" of streams and I think the barrier of entry is different for each:

1. Competitive PvP. This only recently became popular as people have grown tired of the same old PvE content and start paying more attention to PvP. Problem here: most are on Xbox, and getting attention sort of requires playing regularly with the already popular guys like War and Poshy and Gabe. None of these guys crack 1,000 viewers for the most part, but they hover around a steady 500, give or take a few hundred. War would be the example to follow here. Sweatiest guy alive. As they say, dude brings his Xbox to the dinner table in case somebody wants to sweat.

2. General PvP: don't really have a name for this? I mean dudes like Wish. Super talented PvP but not in the sweaty scene, just pubstomping. All about the banter and interaction with your team. Gotta be cool.

3. Trials: this you know well. Like Nghtly, Cat, Unstable and many others - carrying viewers to Mercury, all weekend, every weekend. This would ideally mean having a solid wingman because double carrying isn't reliable and when you're doing it live, losing often is rough. Better one at a time at 90+ win% than 2 at a time with 80% - it's important that losses seem like a rare occurrence. I'm not really sure this is exactly saturated - people always want them carries - but skill alone isn't enough. General Matsumoto is a goddamn beast but rarely cracks a few dozen viewers - just too quiet. A flashy montage that goes Reddit popular could be a good way to wade yourself into this flexible niche, and with Trials going on hiatus with TTK you have time to save some clips.

4. "Hardcore" PvE: Speedruns, world first solo attempts, difficulty challenges, playing under leveled. Think HM05, Slayerage etc. I don't think there's room for a lot of guys doing this :p but I don't know much about it anyways, not my cup of tea.

5. General stream: a little bit of everything. These are the biggest streams - Gothalion, Broman, Streamerhouse. They're also the worst. But popularity you know. I think these are the "started with the Alpha" dudes (the big ones at any rate). These guys cast a super wide net, so their potential audience is just about anyone who likes the game. This in turn leads to them being, naturally, the closest to Bungie. Probably the hardest niche to crack. The established guys are so, so big and most of these guys aren't even thaaat good at the game so bringing a higher skill game won't away their viewers. Annoying as they might be to us, these are the guys Twitch viewers like to see.

Of course most streamers will go out of their box occasionally but I think these are the main categories no? Guys like Lumi and Nghtly are relatively new to Twitch popularity and they're growing at a pretty decent pace.

Pubstomping with witty commentary during the week, a few sweats in between, Trials during the weekend? I think Lumi's is a great template to follow in terms of stream variety. He just needs a little more consistency in streaming a bit more regularly.

Most important thing though is not to get your hopes too high. You're crazy skilled, but ultimately you're competing for attention against hundreds of others. I mean you yourself know tons of guys who play at the very highest level and are totally unknown outside tryhard circles. General Matsumoto is a great example - dude is a beast, streams every day, often plays with more popular guys like some Devils for visibility, and yet he still hovers at a dozen or two viewers. Then you have guys who are like legit hella avg and get tons of viewers because they found a group of fans who enjoy their particular brand of annoying.

Been saying for a while, I'd love a GAF stream to go big!

rc213

I love Iron Banner and Crucible so much. But I can see how a newb coming into games like tonight. Had a bunch of guys running around taking absolutely no damage from a shotgun blast to the face. Getting killed by a sniper you cant actually see cause they're camping a glitch rock/wall.

Will bungle do anything when TTK comes out and PVP takes a break? Don't bet on it is my guess.

That said once you learn your way around, Get past some of the early struggles it's tons of fun when you get on a roll.

Early against the guys that took no damage, Had a huge comeback chaining supers getting about 16 kills straight between 4 guys to win. Brought a tear to my eye.

ifzAUIGrRtqOn.gif

Top Bottom