• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Will the game remember I got a cache in normal? What if I farm in normal, switch to a higher difficulty and then open the cache? I'm going to assume Blizz has thought of that.

The caches "save" the state when they were picked up. Level and difficulty

joesmokey

Wow, just got this to drop
YZQc1em.png

Very happy right now :).

Xyber

Will the game remember I got a cache in normal? What if I farm in normal, switch to a higher difficulty and then open the cache? I'm going to assume Blizz has thought of that.

They have fixed so that torment does not increase the legendary drop rate on them. But the cache will have a chance to drop imperial gems if you do it on torment. That won't happen on lower difficulties.

Any areas known to drop more Deaths Breath? Have found 2 in roughly 10 hours of game time. About 8 hours in Act V campaign mode(once solo, now doing it with a friend) and about 2 hours in adventure mode.

Vade

Open the caches in Torment for the imperial gems, pretty sure that was not hotfixed.

What should I focus on getting next on my DH diablo gaf?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vade-1210/hero/32269937

Things to note since blizzard has not fucked with their system to show rerolls that are not sockets.

I have the following rerolled:

Gloves: 34% critical damage
Helm: 6% critical
Neck: 9.5% critical
Wrists: 5% critical
Ring: 6% asp

Moff

I mean, what's there to play for, when the main end game feature of the expansion is just randomized dungeons that you farm for loot. The problem with that, being you don't really need new gear yourself. But at the same time, all the gear you do find is restricted to your account, and designed for the character you found the item on, who's already at the point where almost all gear drops aren't useful anymore...

the goal is to always keep getting better gear, can we agree that that was always the point in diablo?
I dont see how trading is that much important, although I wouldnt mind it (I even defended the Auction house in the beginning). but trading was replaced thorugh crafting and enchanting, which is much better and much more motivating in my opinion.

and I dont see how you can criticise that most gear drops are not useful anymore, hasnt that been the case in all diablo games after a short time in max level? this is not a bad thing, and no matter how you balance your drops, you will alway reach the point more or less equally fast, where you have troubles finding better stuff.

I do want to say that I think the adventure mode is ingenious, whoever came up with that deserves a medal. instead of boringly farming the most efficient spot in the game over and over and over again, players now need to actually see all the content in the game.

the diversity the bounties and rifts bring to the endgame grind really blows my mind. the rewards for it are pretty much perfect, its a very enriching and rewarding. of course you reach the point very fast where most drops are crap, and you will have to spend tons of mats for enchanting the decent onse to make them usable.
but that concept, for me at least, ist the best one I have seen in a hack'n'slay game.

garath

Any areas known to drop more Deaths Breath? Have found 2 in roughly 10 hours of game time. About 8 hours in Act V campaign mode(once solo, now doing it with a friend) and about 2 hours in adventure mode.

I just do bounties with the occasional rift. Every elite pack has a chance to drop death breaths. I usually get about 5-10 a play session (then burn them away in rerolls lol).

ferr

Just got a Blind Faith for my DH.. rolled intelligence instead of dex and only 23% blind. :(
Found two of them on my DH at lv60 and 1 also had int.. what's up with that. Oh well, going to re-roll and use it anyway. Should go well with 48% knockback windforce.

I just do bounties with the occasional rift. Every elite pack has a chance to drop death breaths. I usually get about 5-10 a play session (then burn them away in rerolls lol).

I have no idea what to tell you. They almost drop like candy for me. The 31% chance Blizz posted for T1 seems to be what Im getting, if not better. I have 115 in my stash and nothing to use them on since lost souls are fkn hard as shit to come by.

Finally got a swanky bow last night. Hot damn!! That does not include the +59 % to cluster arrow and +27% more against elites. I swapped out one more passive for more dps and took out ghom in under 10 seconds on T1 without even trying.

edit: profile link, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hellmonkey-1619/hero/2687745

aXxdFfM.jpg

with your chest, make the best out of it by making your Jordan stone a fire one. Use cluster bomb for Cluster Arrow and see Ghom going down in 5 seconds

Mumei

I just bought this and started playing a Witch Doctor. I'm currently on Act 1. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's pretty fun. I haven't started doing any farming; I've mostly been just playing straight through until I hit a wall.

with your chest, make the best out of it by making your Jordan stone a fire one. Use cluster bomb for Cluster Arrow and see Ghom going down in 5 seconds

I already rolled my SoJ into CC. None of my rerolls show up in my profile :(.

My helm has 6 CC instead of armor.
Shoulders have 4% chance to stun
Quiver has +14 CA instead of MS
SoJ is 4.5 CC instead of poison dmg.
Gloves have - resource cost instead of IAS.

Does loot quality vary in the difficulties?

Or is it better to farm normal for loots then move up to build XP for paragon?

I think farming normal is a good idea if you are having trouble in T1. I did it yesterday and built up enough to feel much more comfortable in T1 just getting a very generic build together (CC, CD, AS on ammy, rings, gloves, Dex+Vit+resist on shoulders, boots, belt, chest). I have a couple of pieces to improve but I was just killing things so fast on normal I felt like it was faster for getting those pieces than Expert would have been.

Megasoum

Banned
I just bought this and started playing a Witch Doctor. I'm currently on Act 1. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's pretty fun. I haven't started doing any farming; I've mostly been just playing straight through until I hit a wall.

No real reason to farm until you hit 70. It's so fast to level nowadays anyway that it shouldn't take you too long. Also, I imagine you're playing on normal? You can probably easily bump it to at least hard if not expert without too much issues.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got my Crusader to 70 and spent most of yesterday playing him. Pretty blah legendary luck so far. I'm really hurting for a weapon and/or shield that is build-altering/boosting, like blade of prophecy or Akarat's Awakening. Spent many hundreds of blood shards at kadala on shield and no dice yet.

Unless you choose to stray into the higher difficulties, the game should constantly feed you upgrades as you go along with a guaranteed legendary at each act boss. Blast through and get in on the level 70 action!

Mumei

No real reason to farm until you hit 70. It's so fast to level nowadays anyway that it shouldn't take you too long. Also, I imagine you're playing on normal? You can probably easily bump it to at least hard if not expert without too much issues.

Nope, I started on Expert. I've sometimes encountered hordes that forced me to run away and try a different set-up of skills but nothing too bad.

DSmalls84

I got my Crusader to 70 and spent most of yesterday playing him. Pretty blah legendary luck so far. I'm really hurting for a weapon and/or shield that is build-altering/boosting, like blade of prophecy or Akarat's Awakening. Spent many hundreds of blood shards at kadala on shield and no dice yet.

I have probably filled about 4 windows with gambled shields and still no luck. The only one I have seen people finding is that Coven shield which I think is a cache drop.

ferr

Is cluster bomb just something that works specifically well against Ghom? I see most people talk about LFB..

LCGeek

formerly sane
What is the difference between T1 and T2 anyways, as in how much better chance of finding a legendary per tick do you actually have on Torment?
T1 has become quite easy for me so I've moved to T2 but the difference in drop rate doesn't really seem to be different. I know it all comes down to chance but I have a feeling the faster pace at T1 will net me more legs...

Your feeling is correct I prefer speeding especially for certain crafting or gold needs.

T2 only offers 100% more on some bonuses. T3-T4 are worth there bonuses t2 only in groups or if you're able to melt them down.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have probably filled about 4 windows with gambled shields and still no luck. The only one I have seen people finding is that Coven shield which I think is a cache drop.

I got a defender of westmarch out of the gambler!

it was a 10% damage loss, 22% toughness loss and 4% healing loss over my yellow shield.

I've opened about 20-30 caches and no legendary drops yet. Is this abnormal?

How many caches do you guys go through before getting A legendary drop?

Firemind

I'm so glad I sniped a max block Stormshield with crit chance before the AH shut down. I now have 49% block with Hold Your Ground. Can't imagine playing a Crusader with a crappy shield.

Is cluster bomb just something that works specifically well against Ghom? I see most people talk about LFB..

It does stupid damage and with a cinder coat and some fire damage mods things melt in seconds. Especially with the passive that gives increased damage to enemies with over 75% health. When you see something, buff up with wolf and let it rip

Bummer I got some nice Pauldrons of the Skeleton King but the only toughness stat available is life %.

Pretty sure I enchanted res on that exact piece. I think I coverages to it from a skill boost roll

StMeph

Just picked up the expansion.

For someone who hasn't touched D3 since around launch and quit before Paragon levels were a thing, can someone give me a quick rundown on what the New Diablo is like, in terms of progression? I have some idea about the Loot 2.0 stuff, but I mean in terms of other game mechanics or difficulty levels that have been modified since then.

I much prefer LFB. I don't like grenades too much. With my hatred pool, - resource cost, and prep-punishment, I can fire off like 15 LFBs before im out of hatred and disc. When I open against elites, its critting for 15-19M, so not much other than bosses or rift guardians stay alive for longer than 5 seconds.

I think im going to try t2 or t3, but my toughness sucks ass. Id really like to get some kind of leg shoulders. I have not seen 1 pair since RoS.

ferr

It does stupid damage and with a cinder coat and some fire damage mods things melt in seconds. Especially with the passive that gives increased damage to enemies with over 75% health. When you see something, buff up with wolf and let it rip

Pretty sure I enchanted res on that exact piece. I think I coverages to it from a skill boost roll

Have about +45% cluster dmg and +45% fire dmg, but still need cindercoat so bad! a magefist wouldn't hurt either. i'll try out cluster bombs instead of LFB anyway, never used it.

Bradach

If you get a helm with a socket and drop a ruby in there you'll get extra experience. This will help getting up the levels a bit, so you can get your hands on more interesting gear and skills

Yaari

Does the Ruby Gem bonus exp for Head Gear also work with Paragon, I'd guess it is a pretty stupid question but I remember reading a long time ago that it didnt. That said, what is everyones favorite gem for head gear?

As a Wizard, I am not sure what to go with.

Have about +45% cluster dmg and +45% fire dmg, but still need cindercoat so bad! a magefist wouldn't hurt either. i'll try out cluster bombs instead of LFB anyway, never used it.

In deciding between the two, cluster works better for larger enemies but it has a bit of travel to it. Potentially it can hit for more but in general I feel LFB is the more useful of the two

plake

Does the Ruby Gem bonus exp for Head Gear also work with Paragon, I'd guess it is a pretty stupid question but I remember reading a long time ago that it didnt. That said, what is everyones favorite gem for head gear?

As a Wizard, I am not sure what to go with.

It does, but the max 41% exp bonus is kind of negliable if you run at T1 (300% exp) or T2 (400% exp) etc. Even les important at higher T levels. That said, I still have a ruby in mine.

garath

So the item for reaper's wraps only drops off mathiel? How annoying. It still drops in normal difficulty right? I may just spam that to try and get the piece tonight.

DSmalls84

I have probably opened about the same amount and didn't get anything until yesterday. Found the Pauldrons of the Skelly King and an Oculus ring in the same cache! Thought my head was going to explode!

Just picked up the expansion.

For someone who hasn't touched D3 since around launch and quit before Paragon levels were a thing, can someone give me a quick rundown on what the New Diablo is like, in terms of progression? I have some idea about the Loot 2.0 stuff, but I mean in terms of other game mechanics or difficulty levels that have been modified since then.

Well, theres normal/nightmare/hell/inferno. Its now normal > hard > elite > master > torment (1-6). Normal, hard, and elite are all mechanically the same, just a bit harder as you bump it up. Master has a chance imperial gems at 70. Torment has 70 only legendary items and class specific sets only drop in torment.

As far as leveling goes, monsters now scale to your level, each time you level, so do the monsters. With enough + exp gear, you can hit 70 before you finish story mode.

Not sure if that's normal or not but I've done about 10 so far and I've gotten 1 legendary. I also got a legendary from using about 80 shards; having decent luck I guess?

DSmalls84

So the item for reaper's wraps only drops off mathiel? How annoying. It still drops in normal difficulty right? I may just spam that to try and get the piece tonight.

I got the Reapers plans and the mat in the same drop on normal. Someone told me it was bugged though and if you don't get the mat on the first drop it's impossible right now.

Mumei

If you get a helm with a socket and drop a ruby in there you'll get extra experience. This will help getting up the levels a bit, so you can get your hands on more interesting gear and skills

I see. Well, I unfortunately have no gems whatsoever so I'll have to hold off on this plan.

Its believed that drop is bugged and will only drop on first time kill or after quest reset. I haven't found anyone that has found it on subsequent kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom