• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Another day of depression and bad luck, still no Quetzalcoatl after nearly 50,000 Blood Shards. At this point I'm just going to assume I've angered someone at Blizzard and this is their revenge, no person can be this unlucky.

I got a Quetzalcoatl.. at level 68. Then leveled up a HC Wizard and got level 67 Stone of Jordan and Pauldrons of the Skeleton King. RAGE.

dgcgNyl.jpg

aw yis

Congrats, so jealous haha. I have a good Jekang, just need that Foote!

Boogdud

Finally got a hellskull last night with max cdr and rolled -.5% max crit. Felt good to finally see it.

But man, it's ridiculous trying to get a high enough cdr% to make the shotgun build work. Even totally gimping yourself for cdr by getting rid of a lot of potential damage rolls on everything that isn't chest/belt/pants/boots AND getting perfect rolls on the things you can get cdr on for this build (not likely), you're looking at a max of 52% cdr. I think the only way to get perma is to do captain's 2pc and a rrog with max cdr.

Man, what a pain. I think the 3-5 seconds downtime is probably a wash with the damage you would get from having crit or a damage stat in those slots.

2h really needs a fervor like passive.

Have I mentioned today how much I hate getting funneled into having to use AC for anything mid-high tiered?

Celegus

Is Blade of Prophecy really even worth using anymore after the changes to AC? Just had an okayish one drop, but it would seem silly to use anything but the instant activation rune and I'm fire based, so it will probably just sit in my box. I did finally find my 6th piece at least, some (pretty awful) shoulders. Couldn't believe it wasn't Invokers for once!

Grampasso

sorry for potato quality but i just dropped this. is 13% attack speed normal ? never had anything above it on a weapon

iE3BARf
I can't see anything but I know for sure that some items have a fixed usually rollable stat with a higher min value than the maximum you can normally obtain (like a ring that can roll +16-20% life, I don't remember the name). In those cases (not sure if in all of them) if you reroll a stat you can still have the very same stat already rolled, and as a result in the end you'll be shown a single stat summed up. I'm pretty sure I rerolled LOH and fot +14% life on a ring that had 20%.
So your weapon could be one of these occurrences

bidguy

Banned
I can't see anything but I know for sure that some items have a fixed usually rollable stat with a higher min value than the maximum you can normally obtain (like a ring that can roll +16-20% life, I don't remember the name). In those cases (not sure if in all of them) if you reroll a stat you can still have the very same stat already rolled, and as a result in the end you'll be shown a single stat summed up. I'm pretty sure I rerolled LOH and fot +14% life on a ring that had 20%.
So your weapon could be one of these occurrences

updated the pic

it also has str vit dex and int at the same time

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
sorry for potato quality but i just dropped this. is 13% attack speed normal ? never had anything above it on a weapon

http://i.imgur.com/iE3BARf.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's on a console, right? Not sure how things compare there, everything's different from PC.

"I E3 barf" is a funny coincidence. We'd better stay away from that E3 drinking game thread

bidguy

Banned
yeah its on console. gonna transfer the character once ros hits next gen consoles. is the weapon going to change or something

th3dude

Boy, that's really a wash it seems. The holy from visage will help you with heaven's fury if you're using a holy rune, but really, it's real close. I'd probably use the crown just for the crit chance.

Yea. I went with the crown for now but I also thought it was close. The blanket 19% to holy seems pretty good since I use all holy skills, but my crit chance is pretty low so I wanted to up that. The 13% blessed shield bonus puts me up to 39% bonus, which is nothing to sneeze at.

The CDR is something I want to start going for as I get more set pieces. Ideally, I'm thinking 5 piece set + RoRG + the helm with CDR would be great, but I'm only 2 pieces in at this point.

Congrats. So jealous. As I was saying above, my build is great with my Jekang + 39% Blessed Shield damage, but I can't seem to get a Foote to drop.

Mumei

I realized last night that since I have an extra set of Fire Aughild Bracers, Aughild Shoulders, a 2457 (Int) Thunderfury, an extra Andariel, a three socket Cindercoat, and a pretty great set of Magefists that I might as well make a Fire Wizard.

... What skills does a Fire Wizard use, anyway?

garath

I realized last night that since I have an extra set of Fire Aughild Bracers, Aughild Shoulders, a 2457 (Int) Thunderfury, an extra Andariel, a three socket Cindercoat, and a pretty great set of Magefists that I might as well make a Fire Wizard.

FIREBALL

I have no idea.. but what else would a fire wizard use??

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Mine use Black Hole(either Blazar or Spellsteal rune), Meteor with Meteor Shower rune and the fire rune for Spectral Blade for the fire buff damage(mine sometimes gets as high as a 30 stack for 30% extra damage against a big group). It's pretty strong in T2 and T3 at least.

bcl0328

get a mirrorball and go MM/Conflag. then get Vyr's 4 piece and go Fire Archon. then get Tal's 4 piece and have fun!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got a Quetzalcoatl.. at level 68. Then leveled up a HC Wizard and got level 67 Stone of Jordan and Pauldrons of the Skeleton King. RAGE.

Been running T6 all day, spent like 3000 shards and I'm still holding my dick waiting for it to drop. Hopefully it'll drop before I reach 100,000 shards on helms.

Celegus

Been running T6 all day, spent like 3000 shards and I'm still holding my dick waiting for it to drop. Hopefully it'll drop before I reach 100,000 shards on helms.

I've given a few of those away, and have yet to find a single Jade piece. RNG!

Grampasso

I've abandoned hope at finding marauders through kadala. 2 days ago first enemy I killed in a rift gave me the shoulders. 2 maras now! At this pace I'll be full mara in 3 months! Yay :D

Celegus

I've abandoned hope at finding marauders through kadala. 2 days ago first enemy I killed in a rift gave me the shoulders. 2 maras now! At this pace I'll be full mara in 3 months! Yay :D

I've gotten both of my pieces playing Crusader (though one was a donation). My DH can't really even do T1, which is a pretty hard shift when you can melt T4. Hopefully eventually I'll find enough non-smart loots to gear him up okay, and craft the rest.

Right now though, I really just want some Hexing Pants and switch my barb back to lightning WW.

Got a good RoG last night and the boots to finish off the jade set. It's not as good as I had hoped with all this nerf talk. My pet build is as strong I think. Granted I'm still figuring out how to play the build, but I was expecting more.

I've got my WD fairly well geared. Monk too. I think I'll get my DH a rucksack and a couple more things and then work on my wiz. He needs a lot of help.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

YES, FINALLY! 50,000 shards and more RiF than any man should ever have to do but I finally got it. Not the greatest rolls but FUCK IT DRY, it's mine.

QZVlsbB.jpg

Mumei

Got a good RoG last night and the boots to finish off the jade set. It's not as good as I had hoped with all this nerf talk. My pet build is as strong I think. Granted I'm still figuring out how to play the build, but I was expecting more.

I've got my WD fairly well geared. Monk too. I think I'll get my DH a rucksack and a couple more things and then work on my wiz. He needs a lot of help.

Got a link to your profile?

eek5

YES, FINALLY! 50,000 shards and more RiF than any man should ever have to do but I finally got it. Not the greatest rolls but FUCK IT DRY, it's mine.

QZVlsbB.jpg

It took you 50k shards on helmets to get a quetz? wth
So I'm starting a DH, what do you think is better, Kridershot or Calamity?
Kridershot is amazing bow

Calamity for groups imo. So effortless to boost group DPS

Stack CDR anad make sure you apply haunt to everything. That's the one that does the damage. I usually do locust swarm once then haunt until I see most things with haunt then SH to one shot. If you have harringtons that helps too since you can proc and one shot everything. One thing to remember is that you get 2.5 min dots w/ quetz and creeping and SH only consumes 30 seconds worth of DoT so you can SH ~4 times before you need to reapply DoT. If you have harrington you can proc it, apply locust swarm and haunt then you SH 4 times without messing up DoT and it will do huge dmg. This is also important for group buffs. If someone hits you with a wolf and you're in a BBV and you drop your stuff DO NOT haunt/locust swarm anymore. Just stick to spirit barrage and SH.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It took you 50k shards on helmets to get a quetz? wth

Yeah, it was getting to the point where I seriously didn't want to play any more. Before this the longest an item had taken to get was 12,000. In the time it took I got 7 MoJ, 4 Zuni, 1 JH and multiples of every other helm. RNG is RNG but God damn.

Got a link to your profile?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/28712685

Stack CDR anad make sure you apply haunt to everything. That's the one that does the damage. I usually do locust swarm once then haunt until I see most things with haunt then SH to one shot. If you have harringtons that helps too since you can proc and one shot everything. One thing to remember is that you get 2.5 min dots w/ quetz and creeping and SH only consumes 30 seconds worth of DoT so you can SH ~4 times before you need to reapply DoT. If you have harrington you can proc it, apply locust swarm and haunt then you SH 4 times without messing up DoT and it will do huge dmg. This is also important for group buffs. If someone hits you with a wolf and you're in a BBV and you drop your stuff DO NOT haunt/locust swarm anymore. Just stick to spirit barrage and SH.

What slot do you use spirit barrage in? I've been applying DoT after each SH as well :/

eek5

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/28712685

What slot do you use spirit barrage in? I've been applying DoT after each SH as well :/
I run sh, ls, haunt as my core. SB, dogs, spiritwalk as the other 3.

Timing your dots will help a lot. Like snapshotting Harrington/ep/BBv/wolf for a rift guardian is HUGE.

Take note of how much HP your sh takes off. For elites if you are doing more than half just wait for CD. If you did less than half do sb into another sh. If you did like a quarter you probably missed locust or haunt so reapply then sh.

jblank83

What should I reroll on mine?
E1cReP1.jpg

And should I even replace my weaps with that?:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/656326

Odyn/SoH.

I posted the formula on the page you posted on. I'll post it again. All you have to do is plug in the numbers. It's simple algebra.

((min_dmg + max_dmg) / 2) * atk_per_sec * %dmg_mod = weapon_dps
what you have now = ((1253 + 1716) / 2) * 1.4 * 1.0 = 2078.3
rerolling damage range to maximums (+100 min / +100 max) = (1353 + 1882 / 2) * 1.4 * 1.0 = 2264.5
replacing VIT with 10% dmg = ((1253 + 1716) / 2) * 1.4 * 1.1 = 2286.13

Even if you reroll the damage range to its maximum (approx 1180 to 1490), it would still be better to replace VIT with 10% damage. However in this case, it's arguable that the difference between rerolling the range versus %dmg is not big enough to justify the loss of 680 VIT. So it's up to you to decide how much you value a difference of 22 DPS.

This same question comes up all the time. I wish there was a way to get this information in the opening post.

As far as if it's worth replacing Odyn Son, yes, it is.

I run sh, ls, haunt as my core. SB, dogs, spiritwalk as the other 3.

Timing your dots will help a lot. Like snapshotting Harrington/ep/BBv/wolf for a rift guardian is HUGE.

Take note of how much HP your sh takes off. For elites if you are doing more than half just wait for CD. If you did less than half do sb into another sh. If you did like a quarter you probably missed locust or haunt so reapply then sh.

So no piranadoes. Which since I don't have cold strong arms makes sense to drop.

I can't see your profile at the moment, but Cold and Elite Damage also make a huge difference. You will want a Sunkeeper and SOJ if you aren't using them.

I've got plenty of cold. I'm toying with an azurath and a Sunkeeper to see which I like better. Got a good cold SOJ and badass cold ammy.

Mumei

I can't see your profile at the moment, but Cold and Elite Damage also make a huge difference. You will want a Sunkeeper and SOJ if you aren't using them.

He's using an Azurewrath, which is a great weapon for the build but not as good as Sun Keeper.

The WD Reddit community has this great spreadsheet for calculating Harvest damage; if I have all of my buffs going I can get my Soul Harvests to do ~613m (which includes getting Strongarm to proc and Piranhas; without Strongarm (e.g. any Rift Guardian) it is ~515m.) For whatever it's worth, if I had perfect rolls on Strongarm proc, Cold damage, and Elite damage it would peak at 705m with Strongarm proc and 559m without it, so I have a lot of room for improvement.

If I pretend I have fender's Azurewrath, those numbers change to 483m (with Strongarm) and 405m (without Strongarm). Azurewrath does do better on random trash, but random trash isn't really any issue in the first place. fender might be getting slightly different numbers because he doesn't have the same Cold damage, CC, or CD numbers that I'm plugging in for me but the basic principle should be the same.

TLDR: Get a Sun Keeper with a high roll on elite damage.

Edit: Even if you don't have Strongarm, Piranhas is still worth +15%.

jblank83

Don't worry. Thunderfury is not the only top-tier weapon. For instance, a wizard could go with Burning Axe in a fire build, Born's sword in a cooldown build, Gesture of Orpheus in a Vyr build, Sun Keeper in a boss killing build, or Wand of Woh.

He's using an Azurewrath, which is a great weapon for the build but not as good as Sun Keeper.

The WD Reddit community has this great spreadsheet for calculating Harvest damage; if I have all of my buffs going I can get my Soul Harvests to do ~613m (which includes getting Strongarm to proc and Piranhas; without Strongarm (e.g. any Rift Guardian) it is ~515m.) For whatever it's worth, if I had perfect rolls on Strongarm proc, Cold damage, and Elite damage it would peak at 705m with Strongarm proc and 559m without it, so I have a lot of room for improvement.

If I pretend I have fender's Azurewrath, those numbers change to 483m (with Strongarm) and 405m (without Strongarm). Azurewrath does do better on random trash, but random trash isn't really any issue in the first place. fender might be getting slightly different numbers because he doesn't have the same Cold damage, CC, or CD numbers that I'm plugging in for me but the basic principle should be the same.

TLDR: Get a Sun Keeper with a high roll on elite damage.

Edit: Even if you don't have Strongarm, Piranhas is still worth +15%.

Eek have me a Sunkeeper. It's about 300 less DPS on the weapon. I don't remember the base comparison. I'll toss that in tonight and see what I get.

I might test my STR one I have too. I lose the INT, but would gain about 300 DPS there as well.

Mumei

Eek have me a Sunkeeper. It's about 300 less DPS on the weapon. I don't remember the base comparison. I'll toss that in tonight and see what I get.

Remember, it's not about DPS; it's about pure weapon damage. For instance, my Sun Keeper has 2144 DPS; your Azurewrath has 2250. But my Sun Keeper's damage roll is 1508 - 2066, and your Azurewrath is 1293 - 1742. A slow one-handed weapon with high damage is what you want for Jade, since weapon speed doesn't matter for the build.

And sidenote: My numbers should be 617m with Strongarm / 518m without. For some reason I misremembered my Sun Keeper has having 1481 - 2066, and apparently adding 27 minimum weapon damage results in ~4 - 5 million more damage.

Ronabo

I want to do an all Barb party so we can share any decent drops. I'm sill looking for an Immortal King's belt. So if anyone wants to join in and do that tonight that would be great.

Right there with ya, getting close to Paragon 300 and I've never even been in a game where one dropped.

Don't worry. Thunderfury is not the only top-tier weapon. For instance, a wizard could go with Burning Axe in a fire build, Born's sword in a cooldown build, Gesture of Orpheus in a Vyr build, Sun Keeper in a boss killing build, or Wand of Woh.

Also in the no TF/SOH camp lol. I think I'm like paragon 370 now.

We all are brothers in bad luck, I've never seen those items, or SoJ or a Burning Axe for what is worth

cdyhybrid

I've gotten decently lucky with weapons (just not for the class I'm currently playing), I just want a TF for transmog.

Edit: I love this fire immunity amulet I found a few days ago. Molten/Electrified elite pack? No problem, I'll just plop myself down in the middle of the pack and AOE them down while getting healed by Molten :p

ZenaxPure

yeah its on console. gonna transfer the character once ros hits next gen consoles. is the weapon going to change or something

Assuming they treat the console version like the PC version, no, the weapon itself won't change (the one you have) but new ones will. This is how Azurewrath rolls now. It's entirely a different weapon now. Pretty much all the loot you have now will be outdated immediately, especially stuff like that Azurewrath.

Oh also, I'm at 13 TFs now. You guys don't want this curse! Still never seen a SoH.

Mumei

I've gotten decently lucky with weapons (just not for the class I'm currently playing), I just want a TF for transmog.

Edit: I love this fire immunity amulet I found a few days ago. Molten/Electrified elite pack? No problem, I'll just plop myself down in the middle of the pack and AOE them down while getting healed by Molten :p

First you complain about no Thunderfury, then you tell us you found the rarest amulet (0.16% drop rate!) in the game?

... Bastard

I'm so jealous. Are the rolls good?

Boogdud

My puzzle ring pooped one out (TF).. >.>

I usually have horrible horrible drop rates as far as legendaries go, but when I get one it's usually decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom