• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew.

Banned
Not sure where else to ask since I dont see any OT up for the PS4/XB1 version coming out next Tuesday, but am I gonna need PS+ to play online co op for this?

Celegus

Not sure where else to ask since I dont see any OT up for the PS4/XB1 version coming out next Tuesday, but am I gonna need PS+ to play online co op for this?

There's one here. I would assume you'd need PS+ to play online, but I don't have a PS4 so can't really say for sure.

Dahbomb

Official patch notes are up. Some new stuff in there.

Shenlong Fist proc changed from 300% WD to 1200% WD. Fireball also made bigger.

And not a single fuck given because everyone will be running SWKs.

They also buffed a few other Legendaries like Stalgard Decimator and Scourge.

Shifty76

Sunwuko Rush is fun :)
Highest dps output I've ever had on my monk (other than pre-nerf EP)

http://youtu.be/0VzSVNI_OeM

In other news, apparently Scourge is bugged to currently do something like 6k% dmg on the proc. Wonder if I still have one sitting around on an enchantress somewhere to try out with this build

Ashodin

Scourge
Explosion weapon damage increased from 130-160% to 1800-2000%

Fry-WigOut.gif

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm kind of surprised people wound up using "Sunwuko" to refer to the set instead of "Monkey King". Guess it makes sense since it's a bit shorter and it's in all the item names.

Here's the reference for those who are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong
"each of his hairs possess magical properties, capable of being transformed into clones of the Monkey King himself"

I'm glad they kept rolling with the set and made it work.

Shifty76

What Level GRift can you do with that build ?

Cleared 31 with a minute to spare. I think 32 might be where I top out with it as-is. Need upgraded leg gem(s) to get further I think.

Also, still looking for SWK ammy which would make a big difference as I could switch helm to LoS or Leo's for more spirit gen.

Boogdud

Rift keys shouldn't have to be in your bag. When you talk to Orek you should see them as currency.

I agree about them being currency, but they don't have to be in your bag, they can be in your bank. I don't think I've ever had any in my bag (unless by bag you meant bank as well..).

Dahbomb

I'm kind of surprised people wound up using "Sunwuko" to refer to the set instead of "Monkey King". Guess it makes sense since it's a bit shorter and it's in all the item names.

Here's the reference for those who are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong
"each of his hairs possess magical properties, capable of being transformed into clones of the Monkey King himself"

I'm glad they kept rolling with the set and made it work.
It's not hard to make something good by upping numberz by 2000%.

Shifty76

Of course. I was just thinking of how they also had to fix the earlier bugs with it not tracking the spirit spent properly and failing to spawn clones as a result.

That was fixed a few ptr patches back. Biggest thing I like (other than the obvious dps buff) is that clones now try to spawn near enemies, rather than randomly appearing behind you where they can't hit a thing.

Dahbomb

Agreed!

They need to make the ICD on Shenlong's scale with IAS as well.
Is that something that actually applies to another proc in the game?

Because it would just be better to reduce the ICD to 1.5 second from 3 second. Either that or remove the ICD complete and lower the chance a bit because I know the chance is fairly high for the proc.

Checking the Leaderboards right now and Monks are bottom in both Hardcore and Softcore. I expected the drop in Hardcore because Transcendence was nerfed hard but they are now way below Wizards (who are actually doing pretty good on the boards). Barbs are 2nd worst now in the rankings.

Shifty76

This is encouraging to see. Makes me want to get back on live servers and start farming for SWK pieces. How's your dmg output without the furnace though? I only have diabos in my stash, and I'm not holding my breath for a furnace drop.
My ~2780 dps FoE gave 150-160m crits, but that was without FitL, so I'd guess maybe 200m with it? Note that with that FoE I run around 2.1m pdps, 40% holy.

Dahbomb

Also one more thing I will add.

Make the new Sweeping Wind weapon go back to giving 7 additional stacks. In addition... make all SW have their effects increase with each stack.

Bladestorm stays the same, it's really the one SW that benefits most from the weapon but others don't. At 3 stacks it gives you 435% weapon damage but with max stacks with the weapon it gives you 1450% damage.

Cyclone: The base damage of the SW is the same but the damage of the Cyclone strikes is increased by 30% per stack and allows you to proc the Cyclone even at lvl1 stack. So without weapon you will be doing 90% weapon damage per hit of the Cyclone strike (which is the same as it is now) but with the weapon you can do 300% weapon damage per strike!

Inner Storm: Inner Storm would give 3 Spirit per stack so 9 spirit at 3 stacks. At 10 stacks you can get 30 spirit.

Firestorm: They honestly need to rework this rune because it's just really bad. I would have the range increase per stack and each stack of Firestorm makes enemies affected by Firestorm take additional Fire damage from non SW sources. I would say 3% per stack is reasonable.

Master of Wind: Increase the duration of the freeze per stack. 0.5 per stack so at 10 seconds you freeze enemies for 5 seconds.

If someone who posts on the Blizzard PTR feedback official forums please pass this suggestion along that would be quite nice.

iirate

Is that something that actually applies to another proc in the game?

Because it would just be better to reduce the ICD to 1.5 second from 3 second. Either that or remove the ICD complete and lower the chance a bit because I know the chance is fairly high for the proc.

Checking the Leaderboards right now and Monks are bottom in both Hardcore and Softcore. I expected the drop in Hardcore because Transcendence was nerfed hard but they are now way below Wizards (who are actually doing pretty good on the boards). Barbs are 2nd worst now in the rankings.

Yes, ICD/Attack Speed is how most weapon procs function, actually. It's basically just a check to make sure that skills that proc faster than their own speed can't activate the proc multiple times.

Dahbomb

The Leaderboards are actually kinda out of wack right now.

Many of the top players are using 100+ rank gems which I have no idea how that is possible under the new Legendary gem changes. Probably Legacy gems or something.

Raticus79

Finally got around to confirming that suspicion that the game allows people to apply to multiple clans at once - thanks PTR.

It allows up to 5 at a time. That helps explains the large number of randoms we were getting.

Yes, ICD/Attack Speed is how most weapon procs function, actually. It's basically just a check to make sure that skills that proc faster than their own speed can't activate the proc multiple times.

Yup, for example Thunderfury's internal cooldown is 1/APS, so even if you're hitting a massive group of enemies with a high proc rate effect, you're not going to see TF procs happening faster than your attack speed. Plague of Toads is a good testing skill for catching any which were missed (e.g. the old Moonlight Ward, which went totally crazy with it in packs).

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Hey guys and gals, quick question, I'm a demon hunter and the gear drops are giving a negative dmg rating but positive toughness and healing, I've always salvaged the gear that doesn't give me a positive dmg rating.

Am I doing it wrong? I know dex is important for DH, so unless I see a +dmg, I don't even keep it.

MrDaravon

Alright Crusader GAF, gonna mess around with a Crusader for a bit. Got the class to 70 week one and haven't touched it, what should I be doing? I followed a beginner/starter guide on reddit based around fire blessed hammers, can see my character here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/45045396

Don't have a RRoG yet for this character (what I'm working on right now), I crafted all of the Aughild/Crimson/Reapers pieces. The Scourge and both rings were the only Strength items I had ever found on my DH, and I think I got kinda lucky with that Scourge since it rolled decently and came with CDR; won't last me forever, but seems like it's a solid starter for now? Aware that both of the rings aren't great, but I figure a day or two of playing will get me some sort of upgrades on those. Same for the gloves; I have no strength gloves, I had multiple high trifecta dex gloves in storage, I opted for these because of the fire skills on this current build. The ammy is solid for now, but I had no strength or good spare fire amulets so that's all I have for now, another big hole that I'd imagine I can get filled pretty quickly by actually playing a strength class.

So other than gearing up my currently superbad slots I know that the endgame is going to require the full Akkan set, but I'm not sure what's up outside of that. I know the Gryfalcon (?) infinite shield throw build was really hot for a while but I think that got nerfed a while back? The only two builds I'm aware of offhand that people run are Fate of the Fell so you can run the holy shotgun build, or Darklight for a fire fist of the heavens build. Is that still the case? And in either case, should I start gambling for whichever of those weapons I want ASAP, or Akkan's first? For what it's worth from what I've seen of those two builds I'd much rather go Fate of the Fell (FotH is incredibly annoying to play with IMO) but I'm open to whatever suggestions.

Dahbomb

I just assumed these items just didn't have an ICD.

Like that's basically what the Stalgard weapon is.

Speaking of which Stalgard is pretty legit now. Combine it with fast attack speed build and it can do considerable damage.

On PTR right now every single element of Marauder is extremely strong right now... even Lightning.

ZenaxPure

Personally I'd go for Akkhan first because we all know gambling for a weapon is ass in this game, especially when you want a rare one like darklight or fotf. On the other hand with how much they buffed set item drop rates and added them to Kadala it's pretty quick to get a full set now, and, Akkhan will still be good for your current build.

MrDaravon

Personally I'd go for Akkhan first because we all know gambling for a weapon is ass in this game, especially when you want a rare one like darklight or fotf. On the other hand with how much they buffed set item drop rates and added them to Kadala it's pretty quick to get a full set now, and, Akkhan will still be good for your current build.

Seems reasonable. With an RRoG is there a consensus on what slot you should skip for the full set bonus, or does it not really matter and just depends on your gear? I know some people will run Akkhan's with a RRoG + Crimsons as well.

ZenaxPure

Seems reasonable. With an RRoG is there a consensus on what slot you should skip for the full set bonus, or does it not really matter and just depends on your gear? I know some people will run Akkhan's with a RRoG + Crimsons as well.

To be honest I just run Akkhan + Crimson (with rrog of course) as well on my crusader. Gets me enough CDR where I have 100% uptime on Champion. You need fairly high CDR for 100% uptime and that makes it easier right now. No idea how things will pan out in 2.1 though as I haven't been following crusader much, should be easier to get CDR on your weapon and there is a new CDR belt as well, also the new crown, but yeah, haven't been keeping tabs on it.

Celegus

Generally it's boots or pants so that you can use Crimson + belt for that bonus as well. So I'd gamble for the rest of the pieces first and then see what you come up with. And goooood luck finding a FotF!

Shifty76

OK, just tested my FoE using FitL and my guess wasn't too far off. Crits anywhere from 170-200m. Also tested that bugged Scourge, and though the 90m procs every few secs were nice, the SWK clones did around 100m less dmg that my Furnace gave, so guess I'll stick with that for now.

Ayumi

Hey guys and gals, quick question, I'm a demon hunter and the gear drops are giving a negative dmg rating but positive toughness and healing, I've always salvaged the gear that doesn't give me a positive dmg rating.

Am I doing it wrong? I know dex is important for DH, so unless I see a +dmg, I don't even keep it.

When I asked (almost) the same question as you, I was sent to these very two very helpful posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124846385&postcount=7725

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120764032&postcount=7150

Ayumi

Is the GAF clan on PC still going strong? I'd love to join if there's still room!

It's currently full, and XP said they want to wait until the new patch is out before touching the member list. Once the new patch is out, they can tell who came back and who didn't, and be able to remove inactive users. So you should just wait for the patch, then ask again. :3

Raticus79

Is the GAF clan on PC still going strong? I'd love to join if there's still room!

US clan's full, waiting on 2.1 before we look at another inactive member purge. I've hidden it from search in the mean time.

Search for GAF on the community page and join that instead. All GAF members including lower level folks and those in other clans can get in on that for chat/group purposes. Just post your battletags (or PM me if you don't want it public) so I can find it in a search here to verify GAF membership when I see your join request. I'm checking at least once a day. Remember to click the button to enable chat on the clan/community window the first time after you get in and it'll keep the setting after that.

Existing clan members, please do this too so we can get people in there to help out the newer players in the community. (no need to verify if you're already in the clan of course)

Ayumi

Today, I learned the horror of those random public rift games. I went there once before and realized they were all idling in town, waiting for someone to open the rift.. people joined, waited and then left if no one opened. So, I just opened. Why should I do the same, and follow the sheep?

But, it also made me realize "
This is probably where those rude people get their high Paragon levels
". The kind that kicks you for no reason, joins games and idles in town while waiting for us to finish the RG so they can get XP or whatever (because what kind of people would choose to STICK to those in a party, and play with them for longer than they have to, lol). I know that being extra nice in public games won't make others change, but I would feel so bad doing the same as they do. I get that it's effective and people don't tend to get mad/care if you don't open (as opposed to RiF, which is totally different since it has obligations you KNOW of before you join the party).

But all in all, it actually does seem like the best place to get quick XP for now. Most of my friends (who actually still play this game) live on the other side of the world so it's REALLY slow for me to level if I'm gonna stick with RiF/HR/etc only. I don't mind opening those games as long as they don't vote kick me for no reason, and I don't care if someone leaves/joins unless they're obviously idling in town. I normally solo on T4 (baaaarely on T5) but I can do very well in groups on T6. So I really need other players for more fast XP. Sorry.. just wanted to get that out there. :3

IceMarker

US clan's full, waiting on 2.1 before we look at another inactive member purge. I've hidden it from search in the mean time.

Search for GAF on the community page and join that instead. All GAF members including lower level folks and those in other clans can get in on that for chat/group purposes. Just post your battletags (or PM me if you don't want it public) so I can find it in a search here to verify GAF membership when I see your join request. I'm checking at least once a day. Remember to click the button to enable chat on the clan/community window the first time after you get in and it'll keep the setting after that.

Existing clan members, please do this too so we can get people in there to help out the newer players in the community. (no need to verify if you're already in the clan of course)

I haven't booted up Diablo III in a while, but I'll be sure to login when 2.1 hits and help manage the purge/new members.

Ayumi

Ayumi I tried to join your game but you were AFK.

I will be on at night though as I usually am.
When was that? I've been power leveling people all week and sometimes get random party invites, but I was probably doing something else if I were AFK. It's 5 AM now.. I might be on in about 12 hours or so~

Dahbomb

When was that? I've been power leveling people all week and sometimes get random party invites, but I was probably doing something else if I were AFK. It's 5 AM now.. I might be on in about 12 hours or so~
A few hours ago. Didn't know that you are in a different time zone though.

Any thoughts on creating an overflow clan again? Seasons are going to be great and clan chat makes playing so much better, IMHO. I'd love to be in a GAF clan again.

ZenaxPure

Any thoughts on creating an overflow clan again? Seasons are going to be great and clan chat makes playing so much better, IMHO. I'd love to be in a GAF clan again.

For purely chatting purposes the communities work fine now, just as good as the clans. You just don't see people's loot, which whatever, doesn't matter at this point.

ZenaxPure

GAF community is pretty empty when I've check in several times this week .

Well the general theory is that a lot of people who haven't played in a long time (who are no longer in the clan) will come back and play 2.1 and since they won't be in the clan but still want to interact with everyone the easiest way to do that is through the community. It's pretty much supposed to be dead right now, and it will fill up in 2.1 again and be active. How long it remains active is up in the air, but, people that are actually still playing but not in the clan after a few weeks/months we should be able to work into the main clan, because really there is maybe 20 active people tops in the clan right now.

It's honestly just kind of a pointless exercise right now given on the entire experience up until now. I don't exactly want to come off as a dick, but it's kind of annoying to empty slots in the clan only to invite people who are going to play for like a week or something and then take up space. From the time Raticus gave me invite power until now only 1 single person I've personally invited has remained active (Ayumi). It's just a lot easier to wait until 2.1 has died down before we make major changes again.

Raticus79

Yeah, the community's just getting started, of course no one's on yet. It'll make more sense once 2.1 hits and the 600 occasional players are all in there.

If we spun up three overflow clans for those folks, a month after 2.1 we'd have three dead clans looking to consolidate again because no one ever sees anyone else online. One big community's a better solution in this scenario than having people divided and shuffling around multiple smaller clans.

Taz

Tried the PTR just to see how GRifts work, they so should have been in the EXP from the start, Finally a goal to aim for when farming gear, now do I start a fresh or keep with the characters I have.

From a balance view the leader boards are a bit misleading because some people have managed to keep old gems with super high levels.

Ps I hope they keep the guaranteed legendary(s) from GRift boss

Dahbomb

I feel like this happens every time.

*New content patch comes, tons of people are playing, clan gets filled up by all sorts of players (players who play for one day and quit plus players who play almost every day).

*Clan is full but it's more than half filled with inactive users. Regular players on GAF are unable to enter because clan is full so clan activity is low (because it's filled with mostly inactive users).

*Cycle starts again when new patch comes with purging of the old clan and it being filled by all sorts of users again.

It's honestly better to do a GAF clan purge now, fill it with regular members first and then start filling it with people who are coming back for 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom