• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I like how people are talking about 2.1 like it's gonna be out any time soon. They've only been pushing PS4/Xbone versions of D3 out, the PTR has been updated once in 2 months. Seriously, the POE team put Blizzard to shame. Let's not pretend to make seasons and an updated rift system to be any more fancy than it's not.
Blizzard has said twice that it's coming out in 2 weeks. I guess we will know more by the end of this week.

The PTR has been updated numerous times by the way... this month is only half way done and they have put out 2 big patches.

And no one was really making the comparison to POE. I think most people know this does not compare to what PoE has but you have to start from somewhere. As far as D3 is concerned this is still a hefty content patch.

cdyhybrid

I like how people are talking about 2.1 like it's gonna be out any time soon. They've only been pushing PS4/Xbone versions of D3 out, the PTR has been updated once in 2 months. Seriously, the POE team put Blizzard to shame. Let's not pretend to make seasons and an updated rift system to be any more fancy than it's not.

Grinding Gear pls

Stay in your own thread

Xanathus

I just learned that "Junger rules" split bounty runs are a thing where people believe that if they don't click chests, kill elites and basically try their best to avoid legendary drops, it will increase their chances of getting an RRoG from the bounty cache because of the legendary drop timer. This is ridiculous as the leg drop timer only starts ticking from > 2 hours and you're very likely to get a legendary drop during that time.

Ayumi

I just learned that "Junger rules" split bounty runs are a thing where people believe that if they don't click chests, kill elites and basically try their best to avoid legendary drops, it will increase their chances of getting an RRoG from the bounty cache because of the legendary drop timer. This is ridiculous as the leg drop timer only starts ticking from > 2 hours and you're very likely to get a legendary drop during that time.

Ahahahahah. I understand the avoiding chest part (to save time, as most is trash anyway). I've rarely gotten a leg from bounties, but I won't say it ever affected the cache or anything in-between (say, if I were doing rifts etc).

ElyrionX

Yeah I suspect Blizzard is banking on Seasons to revive the game like the ladder did for D2. But this is a very different game. Just the mere fact that someone who hasn't played since vanilla is able to log in and find his level 60 character still intact probably cuts off a significant chunk of the potential audience for Seasons.

My only incentive is the exclusive legs but then I found out there were just 10 of those. LOL. I like this game a lot and would easily rank it high among the best games I have ever played but goddamn it's sad to see it stumble like that.

Yeah I suspect Blizzard is banking on Seasons to revive the game like the ladder did for D2. But this is a very different game. Just the mere fact that someone who hasn't played since vanilla is able to log in and find his level 60 character still intact probably cuts off a significant chunk of the potential audience for Seasons.

My only incentive is the exclusive legs but then I found out there were just 10 of those. LOL. I like this game a lot and would easily rank it high among the best games I have ever played but goddamn it's sad to see it stumble like that.

Not only are there only 10 seasonal legendaries, the majority of them occupy highly contested equipment slots like Weapon and Offhand and their affixes aren't close to competitive to existing legendaries.

Mr Croft

Is their a specific time the game will go live on the digital marketplace? I was thinking around 3 am eastern time like most games are.

very excited to play this game again! I haven't played the PC version in quite sometime.

Ayumi

Finally. My 4th Mirrorball, and this one rolled 2 missiles, and I re-rolled to 15% Explosive Blast damage! I'm so happy with it. I rolled away 8% CDR though, but I didn't have that on my old one so it wasn't a loss, and I can get mode CDR somewhere else anyway. Currently at 50,93%. I'll be happy with 5% more CDR.

RoRG kinda ruined my build though.. was aiming for 3 Aughild's set items (chest/head/shoulder), but Vyr's dropped (both gloves and a chest). So now I get two set item bonuses!

Time to ask for what to change.. the plan is:

To get a new magefist (already have one but it's not good enough) for fire dmg%,
2 new rings for crit (suggestions?)
Strongarm Bracers
and
String of Ears (belt)

I have A LOT of toughness (about 14mil w/ buffs) right now, and I think that if I slowly convert some of it to dmg, I should be fine. I guess I need more crit too (from new rings).

How do I complete my build without destroying the dmg (INT)? Should I just slowly farm/gamble for the items, and once I have them all, change? If I change one, (for instance gloves) the set bonus disappears.. I'm a bit lost. I want more crit, ~5% more CDR, and more melee/ranged damage resistance (and allres).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayumi-2458/hero/2188011

Thanks for any reply I get! <3 And sorry for the lengthy post.

Celegus

Not only are there only 10 seasonal legendaries, the majority of them occupy highly contested equipment slots like Weapon and Offhand and their affixes aren't close to competitive to existing legendaries.

Just looked through the list and wow... those are pretty blah. Seasons sound fun and I'd join in for sure if I had more time, but I may just end up holding off. September is looking like a crazy month for me (starting my second college degree and closing on a house / moving), so I doubt I'll have a whole lot of time for games (aka Diablo).

Celegus

Have I missed anything exciting these last few months?

Mumei! Not much has happened in the game, clan was dead for a while (myself included) but has picked back up a decent bit lately. Marauder DH is the hot new thing, I can't remember the last time I've seen a Jade WD around. 2.1 is finally peeking over the horizon as something that might actually exist. I haven't kept up with all the PTR changes, but get comfy and grab a sandwich whenever the patch notes finally come out.

Dahbomb

Of the new Season Legendaries, the best one is definitely the bracer that gives you stun/knockback immunity. The Crusader shield that makes Condemn a 40 Wrath spell is also pretty good. The Belt that gives you 20% extra movement speed actually goes past your movement speed cap so that is also usable.

Every other Legendary is extremely meh. The Monk Sweeping Wind weapon had potential until they nerfed it hard. The Barbarian Legendary also had potential only the AI of the Ancient is kinda buggy and there's a cap on how many you can spawn.

Mumei

Mumei! Not much has happened in the game, clan was dead for a while (myself included) but has picked back up a decent bit lately. Marauder DH is the hot new thing, I can't remember the last time I've seen a Jade WD around. 2.1 is finally peeking over the horizon as something that might actually exist. I haven't kept up with all the PTR changes, but get comfy and grab a sandwich whenever the patch notes finally come out.

Funny after all the OP complaining, innit?

Of the new Season Legendaries, the best one is definitely the bracer that gives you stun/knockback immunity. The Crusader shield that makes Condemn a 40 Wrath spell is also pretty good. The Belt that gives you 20% extra movement speed actually goes past your movement speed cap so that is also usable.

Every other Legendary is extremely meh. The Monk Sweeping Wind weapon had potential until they nerfed it hard. The Barbarian Legendary also had potential only the AI of the Ancient is kinda buggy and there's a cap on how many you can spawn.

The story of a Monk leg's life.

Dahbomb

Nah they recently just buffed the Shenlong set.

2 to 4 Spirit per second.
300% to 1200% weapon damage proc (based off of Fire element)
3 second ICD changed to every 3 attacks

You can make a build with it to do T6 well but beyond that it gets severely out performed.

Celegus

Funny after all the OP complaining, innit?

It's still good, but isn't quite as efficient as dropping a stationary nuke platform and hiding back where it's safe. It is pretty fun though actually, I just got my Mara 6 piece set last night.

JayHayabusa

While focusing on a Demon Hunter since coming back to ROS, I rolled a wizard just to change pace a bit. Have no clue if my current build is even viable.

My very loose 'philosophy' for this build - without even reading one post on arcane wizard theory - took form once the Moonlight Ward dropped. I took this wizard down an arcane path and worked for a Vyr set.
I have a set of Chantodo's Will and Chantodo's Force that give me even more damage but by swapping Tal Rasha's Orb out my toughness is even more laughable.

Any general tips/evaluation of this build/gear? Is an arcane wizard good enough? Or only a Fire wizard with a mirrorball (which I have) is worth investing in?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/50138345

Shifty76

The Belt that gives you 20% extra movement speed actually goes past your movement speed cap so that is also usable.

Is that a variable roll and are you 100% sure on it going over the speed cap? Mine rolled 25% and I tried it for a bit, but it didn't seem to give any noticeable increase in move speed over the 25% I was already at. Note that I wasn't timing anything, just running a few laps around town with it equipped and then without.

Anyway, managing to beat GR32 regularly now with a couple of different Sunwuko specs. 33 still eludes me though. With my normal TR setup my permanent sheet dps is around 2.2m, with 11m toughness. Taeguk gem is awesome :)

Guess I should work on leveling up my smite gem too, since single target dps is where I'm lacking.

Dahbomb

I think they might have buffed it to 25% movement speed and yes I am fairly sure it goes over the cap. We tested it with two people, both were at cap, one guy had the boots and he was running around faster.

We could check it again though today... things might have changed since then.

The Belt that gives you 20% extra movement speed actually goes past your movement speed cap so that is also usable.

While the extra 20% movement speed is neat, it's competing with Harrington's Waistguard and Witching Hour, that's really not a contest that it can win.

Dahbomb

While the extra 20% movement speed is neat, it's competing with Harrington's Waistguard and Witching Hour, that's really not a contest that it can win.
Usable in Bounties of course. Not every piece is supposed to be giving you extra DPS.

And Waistguard is irrelevant in GRs now. In addition, most of the ranged class like DHs are now opting to go for String of Ears over Witching Hour for the extra survivability (30% melee damage reduction is really valuable).

Usable in Bounties of course. Not every piece is supposed to be giving you extra DPS.

And Waistguard is irrelevant in GRs now. In addition, most of the ranged class like DHs are now opting to go for String of Ears over Witching Hour for the extra survivability (30% melee damage reduction is really valuable).

Fair enough, the belt does seem to have its place.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am fine with items having different roles.

Another example of something like this is the Danetta's set. It will not be used in any higher GR DHs as it's competing against a high base damage Xbow plus Bombardier's Rucksack in a Marauder build. However the set turns DH into the best Bounty Hunting classing in the game because it allows them to essentially use Vaults near infinitely.

It's too bad that Shenlong doesn't have its own niche, same for Bul Kathos dual weapon set. They are both supposed to be damage options but their damage are weaker than the standard end game builds.

Yeah I am fine with items having different roles.

Another example of something like this is the Danetta's set. It will not be used in any higher GR DHs as it's competing against a high base damage Xbow plus Bombardier's Rucksack in a Marauder build. However the set turns DH into the best Bounty Hunting classing in the game because it allows them to essentially use Vaults near infinitely.
I might add: Danetta's set is ACE for T6'ing with a group. Keeping enemy elites and rift bosses perma-stunned by simply spam vaulting over them every 1.5 seconds means everyone's life is that much easier. vault --> 2x autos --> vault --> repeat.

It's like the ultimate support setup. In addition to fast bounty hunting, of course.

MrDaravon

I might have to look into this. I have much better lightning dex gear than fire. Do you still use cluster arrow though?

IIRC Lightning is decent right now on Live for Hardcore, the lightning rune on Sentries stuns enemies, so you can keep them pretty much permastunned. On softcore that's nice but you take a solid damage hit so no one really runs it there (also Magefists). Not sure if they further changed or buffed that for 2.1.

I like this game.

Fuck this game.

~350 bounty bags and I have fucking *yet* to get a RoRG of my own. Of any kind.

The only reason I keep playing is for a Dex RoRG, an Int RoRG, and a Kridershot.

That's literally all I'm playing the game for. Everything else is largely irrelevant. I'd trade every weapon and armor item I've ever found for a 70 Kridershot. That's how I feel about that item. That's how much I loved my level 60 Kridershot.

Shifty76

Fuck this game.

The only reason I keep playing is for a Dex RoRG, an Int RoRG, and a Kridershot.

That's literally all I'm playing the game for. Everything else is largely irrelevant. I'd trade every weapon and armor item I've ever found for a 70 Kridershot. That's how I feel about that item. That's how much I loved my level 60 Kridershot.

It took me 1100 to get my first then another 1000 to get a second (even after they supposedly buffed the drop rate)

Dahbomb

IIRC Lightning is decent right now on Live for Hardcore, the lightning rune on Sentries stuns enemies, so you can keep them pretty much permastunned. On softcore that's nice but you take a solid damage hit so no one really runs it there (also Magefists). Not sure if they further changed or buffed that for 2.1.
Lightning Marauder is really strong in 2.1.

Pretty sure at least there are some top Marauders in 2.1 on the GR Leaderboards.

Celegus

Lightning Marauder is really strong in 2.1.

Pretty sure at least there are some top Marauders in 2.1 on the GR Leaderboards.

That's really cool to hear, getting a little tired of my crusader/wizard/sometimes barb/DH all being fire. I'll have to check when I get home if there's a lightning rune on cluster arrow or if they're adding one in the patch, since I also have +25% CA.

Fuck this game.

I got like 3 RoRG and a SOJ within hours of reaching 70 with my DH.

Celegus

I got like 3 RoRG and a SOJ within hours of reaching 70 with my DH.

Let me assure you that that is completely and 100% an extreme outlier, and you should've used all that luck on the lottery, not on Diablo. I don't even want to think about how many bounties it took to get mine (and now I want a dex one for my DH).

Let me assure you that that is completely and 100% an extreme outlier, and you should've used all that luck on the lottery, not on Diablo. I don't even want to think about how many bounties it took to get mine (and now I want a dex one for my DH).

lol I didnt know. I was actually mad cause all I was getting was ring and amulet drops. I salvaged the third rorg.

Ayumi

Sometimes I feel really bad for my RoRGs. I got my first and second the same weekend. When I checked my stats, I was only at 522 bounties, and most of them were complete bounties (not just A1).

Luck in Diablo 3 seems to be very weird at times. For weeks you will feel like shit and get nothing, then suddenly you'll have an awesome time because something great dropped!

Kinda OT: I'm ashamed to admit I've salvaged very unique items before, that I really shouldn't, mainly because I didn't know of their value when it dropped. (I almost salvaged a Shard of Hate recently because I only play Wiz and didn't know what SoH looked like, and I wasn't paying attention.) So now I'm just sitting here, wondering if I ever salvaged a SoJ. I'm pretty sure I have, before it became an item so many people were talking about.

ZenaxPure

I had ~1000 rift fragments before I got my first rrog. So a couple hundred sets of bounties, it kind of sucked, but, I rifted for weeks without doing a single bounty. Was awesome.

So the console version is getting some exclusive features? Would be cool to have player gifts, mail, and nemesis mode.

To be honest all the new console features get a pretty big meh from me. The nemesis system is neat but ultimately just whatever, the mail system could have some potential (but im not entirely sure how it works), but the gift system just sounds like mass disappointment. I don't think a lot of people realize it yet as they haven't played the game, but I'm pretty sure the gift system is just going to be renamed the forgotten soul system. Yeah maybe once in a while someone will get what they need, but, I assume whatever ingame logic it uses to determines the drop is no different from the actual tier of drops in the main game, so basically I'm expecting a lot of blackthornes and heart of irons. I mean it's free loot you wouldn't have gotten otherwise which is not a bad thing, but in practical terms I don't expect it to actually be useful.

lol I didnt know. I was actually mad cause all I was getting was ring and amulet drops. I salvaged the third rorg.

MUST BE NICE.

I had ~1000 rift fragments before I got my first rrog. So a couple hundred sets of bounties, it kind of sucked, but, I rifted for weeks without doing a single bounty. Was awesome.

I had ~1,000 as well. I've been rifting regularly and *still* have about 700.

Still waiting for my RoRG. Maybe it'll come soon. I went from March to now without ever getting a Puzzle ring and I got 2 in 2 days. No Marauders gear until this past Friday and now I have 5 pieces of the set. Maybe I'll do something like 20 bags/day until I get one. That way I won't burn myself out in anger, which I did and subsequently let to me quitting the game for a few months.

Celegus

Is DH by far the best class in the game or is it a matter of opinion?

Not sure about "by far" but they are probably the best right now, and look to keep that going into 2.1. WD and Crusader would be next in line. This is really a game that rewards pure offensive power, so it stands to reason that DH is #1.

Dahbomb

Is DH by far the best class in the game or is it a matter of opinion?
In 2.1 they are the best class in the game. Opinion is one thing but DHs have consistently dominated the Leaderboards for GRs. Also consistently the only class to have reached 40+ GR rank in every 2.1 patch thus far.

This is really a game that rewards pure offensive power, so it stands to reason that DH is #1.
Many classes have insane offensive power, what puts DHs over the top is that their offensive is not limited to HP. Most other classes have to put themselves in harms way or at least put their pets in harms ways. DHs Sentries cannot be killed, cannot be targeted and cannot be interrupted as well as not being tied to any resource or have trouble aiming at/hitting targets.

Dahbomb

If all you changed about DHs was that Sentries had their own life bars and could be targetted then they would be in line with other classes.

Ayumi

Finally got an amulet and rerolled some of it, it gave me 100k more damage. Which I really needed.. I have 16mil buffed toughness and 833k damage now (14mil/730k earlier today before the amulet). Still got some stuff to add and get more damage from though. Just happy I finally got to replace my random useless amulet! It's a TAL's, btw. I made fun of the TAL items 15 minutes prior. I sometimes seriously wonder if Blizzard has access to my brain. stuff always happens if I mock it or complain enough. "No legs this rift" &#8594; Suddenly 2 legs drop from the same mob, 2 mins after saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom