• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into the Treasure Goblin's vault!

Unfortunately, none of my gear has any gem sockets. In the end, I got some 10,000,000 gold, which I used to buy those super expensive plans from that girl in Caldeum. Now where the heck am I supposed to get the ingredients for the Hellfire stuff?

Congrats on the vault! I still haven't gotten to any vault yet. My friend got to it twice and now swears by the the greed leg gem.

For the Hellfire stuff, you'll need to get 4 keys from the 4 keywardens.

Act 1 - Odeg in Field of Misery (Key of Bones)
Act 2 - Sokahr in Dahlgur Oasis (Key of Gluttony)
Act 3 - Xah'Rith in Stonefort (Key of War)
Act 4 - Nekarat in Silver Spire 1 (Key of Evil)

Drop rate for keys: -

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

1 set of keys creates an infernal machine that opens up a portal to a uber fight. There are 4 different uber fights. Each uber fight has a different organ. Collect 4 organs to create a hellfire ring/amulet.

Questions about my WD. I've been doing t4 recently with success. Some mobs still give major problems (depending on combos) but it's typically when I get trapped with no room to escape or I get hit with a powerful shot and die. Should I switch up the passives a little? I've been worried I'll lose damage with the gargantuan dog I get from the ring but I may be using passives when they are not needed and wasting abilities. With my new mojo, I did away with the summoning dog spell since a dog automatically spawns but I lose any ruins I'd get with summoning the dog. I didn't really seem to lose damage from doing away with the spell when I tested this out last night. I have a few set items in my stash that will go with what I have but need to re-roll stats on them since I'll lose damage equipping them as they are. I also have a better amulet but it doesn't have a socket so I choose to use the one in the build at the link to give the extra pet damage.

I feel WD is starting to get complicated factoring everything in and not sure where I'm going with it. I'm making progress for sure but feel I need to focus on the next few changes to get to t6.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cell-1973/hero/12553370

How severe was the nerf to Magic Find? The tooltip says reduced effect for rares and above, but what does that mean exactly? I rarely see anyone stack it so I assume it's a huge reduction.

How severe was the nerf to Magic Find? The tooltip says reduced effect for rares and above, but what does that mean exactly? I rarely see anyone stack it so I assume it's a huge reduction.

From what I've seen/heard there is literally no stat less valuable than MF. It offers no real benefit, and you'd be better served by Single Element Resistance, Gold Find, Pick-Up Distance, or just about anything else no matter how niche.

Dahbomb

That's not true, Magic Find is very powerful in this game.

The problem is that MF doesn't appear on gear as an affix. It only comes on a Nagelring and on your Helm if you socket a Topaz. Nagelring has to compete against SoJ and RoRG while Topaz in helm has to compete against Diamond for CDR and Amethyst for Life %... all of which are superior options. I would put a Nagelring on my Follower though.

If MF appeared as a secondary stat then many people would try to get it.

oneils

The clan is full, but you can join the community (name: GAF). Most clan members (at least the active players) are there too, I think. :3

thanks. I'll check it out when I'm back on.

LunarKnight saw my post and invited me to a party. Was fun doing rifts with someone for a couple of hours. It was getting pretty stale playing by myself.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Magic find was nerfed to only apply 1/10 of its value to legendaries. If you maxed out your magic find at 300%, you'd find 13 instead of 10 in the same time frame..

TheYanger

I don't think this is really accurate for everyone (specifically here though). If you are doing rifts consistently in 8 minutes or under (as you say tops) you should probably bump up the difficulty. If you are doing T6 rifts in 8 minutes or under then it means your gear/build is really great which means that you probably don't actually care about loot that is dropping. Basically what I'm getting at is that anyone who still actually cares about how often they are getting loot probably is still in the phase where T6 rifts are around 10-15 minutes per clear.

I mean, not that I disagree with your general point though, the game rains legendaries as is right now, anymore would be ridiculous.

I just mean that in terms of return you're going to see higher from doing a difficulty that you can comfortably do quickly than doing one that is going to take you longer. 8 minutes was just a kind of random cutoff, but that's the range where you're easily doing a rift. You only have to do it like 25% slower than the prior difficulty in order for the drop rate to favor the lower difficulty (IE: 10 minutes instead of 8, means you're being less efficient), it's really slight.

Maledict

That's not true, Magic Find is very powerful in this game.

The problem is that MF doesn't appear on gear as an affix. It only comes on a Nagelring and on your Helm if you socket a Topaz. Nagelring has to compete against SoJ and RoRG while Topaz in helm has to compete against Diamond for CDR and Amethyst for Life %... all of which are superior options. I would put a Nagelring on my Follower though.

If MF appeared as a secondary stat then many people would try to get it.

Um, this isn't true as far as we know. With magic find only applying 10% of it's value towards legendaries, it's practically worthless. Sticking the ring on your follower only gives you a fraction of their magic find, which means you're only getting a fraction of a fraction towards legendaries and set items.

desverger

Yesterday I had a weird bunch of rifts. Three of the same crossbow (Buriza) dropped and one of them was actually decent. Now I'm wondering if I should switch to cold and try it out - bad news is that I need to use my only Ramaladni's to test it out.

I'm currently using M6 and a 1h xbow and sitting well over the 2.84 breakpoint for sentries.

The Buriza has a near perfect damage roll and +10% damage on it, reaching 2,6k dps due to low attack speed. My 1h xbow has the same, but 100 dps more due to the innate attack speed.

Even though it's a moderate sheet dps loss, would the Buriza still be an upgrade for me? I might struggle to reach the 2.84 bp with the Buriza, sadly it did not roll with +aspd.

Also, I assume most of the damage from using the Buriza comes with using the Devouring Arrow rune to HA.

Profile link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/beancurry-2524/hero/35729853

Rank 35 rift 4 player on seasonal....rift boss at 10% with like 5 minutes left...disconnects all around :( Feels bad man.

ouch that sounds painful. I have to deal with latency of around 1000-2000 at night when my wife starts streaming tv shows... by deal I mean give up and find something else to do because I'd hate to get into a vault or something just to disconnect.

desverger

ouch that sounds painful. I have to deal with latency of around 1000-2000 at night when my wife starts streaming tv shows... by deal I mean give up and find something else to do because I'd hate to get into a vault or something just to disconnect.

Can't you setup port priority to D3 in your router? I used to get yelled at by my significant other when I downloaded something from Steam, while she was playing LoL. I fiddled with the router a bit, enabled QoS, and created rules for the LoL ports to have priority over other ports, and that made her ping much more manageable.

I suppose it depends a lot about what kind of internet connection you have, but for us, it restored peace to the house :p

Dahbomb

Um, this isn't true as far as we know. With magic find only applying 10% of it's value towards legendaries, it's practically worthless. Sticking the ring on your follower only gives you a fraction of their magic find, which means you're only getting a fraction of a fraction towards legendaries and set items.
Here's a graph to put it into perspective:

OatsoiU.png

Even with the fraction of 10%, getting MF leads to a substantial increase in Legendary drop.

The problem is getting 300 MF which is impossible as it comes from only two sources. My point was that if it was easy to stack to 300 then people would do it especially if the stat came as a secondary stat on gear by default. Since it's virtually impossible to stack it's not worth getting at all.

BurningNad

That is standard drop rate. If you want higher drop rate, play 30+ Greater Rifts.

There was a time where you would be LUCKY to get a Legendary in 2-3 hours. Now we have gotten to a point where a Legendary every fifteen minutes isn't good enough.

I do 31 and 32 Grifts. When the patch came out, I was getting 4 drops per rift without fail. I guess I got spoiled, but at this rate it's just a waste of time, imo.

Bombless

Is there a +Fire damage weapon usable by the crusader? I got a 20% fire damage roll on Magefists, Cindercoat and Rakoff's Glass of Life. With a 15% Reaper's Wraps I'm sitting at 75% fire damage.

Celegus

Is there a +Fire damage weapon usable by the crusader? I got a 20% fire damage roll on Magefists, Cindercoat and Rakoff's Glass of Life. With a 15% Reaper's Wraps I'm sitting at 75% fire damage.

Maximus, easily the best weapon for a fire crusader. Those fire chains wreck things.

Since I finally got the Phalanx shield, I tried out the horse spec last night. It really does seem like the best crusader build right now, pretty crazy stuff.

Firemind

So I'm trying to bling my followers and is cc worth it? I heard cd is capped at 150%. Is it wise to assume the best affixes for followers are main stat, socket for more main stat, attack speed for more proccing and...? Also, do legendary gems work on followers? Might be worth it to give them the smite and conduit gem if that's the case.

Ketch

Does the second strike in way of the hundreds
Fist have a chance to proc "on hit" effects for each of the multiple hits?

Duress

Maximus, I believe give you 20-25% fire damage? and also summons a demon to fight for you. It's a two hander.

Quesstion: Does cool down reduction soft cap? I'm thinking of switching out some gear, and staying around 50%

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Maximus, I believe give you 20-25% fire damage? and also summons a demon to fight for you. It's a two hander.

Quesstion: Does cool down reduction soft cap? I'm thinking of switching out some gear, and staying around 50%

I love Maximus. The fire chains that links you to the demon does crazy damage and adds another element to gameplay as you try to position yourself on the other end of a mob pack from the demon so that the chain is ticking on everyone.

Bombless

Oh duh, Maximus, how could I forget about that one. Never seen it drop ever. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Will use my Blackguard in the meantime.

I got the Bombardment flail yesterday (with shit rolls). Seeing 10 crit balls is fun but the cooldown is way too long for it to matter (without extreme cooldown shenanigans).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I got into the Treasure Goblin's vault!

Unfortunately, none of my gear has any gem sockets. In the end, I got some 10,000,000 gold, which I used to buy those super expensive plans from that girl in Caldeum. Now where the heck am I supposed to get the ingredients for the Hellfire stuff?

Nice! Coincidentally I just got into my first vault last night as well, while running a bounty on Torment II with my season witch doctor. It was damn fun, although Gheed was kind of tough for me on T2, lol. Netted me about 16 million gold, tons of gems, three legendaries and a set chest.

I'm going to start hoarding GF pieces and then next time I find the vault I'm walking in there slathered with as much GF as I can wear...

eek5

So I'm trying to bling my followers and is cc worth it? I heard cd is capped at 150%. Is it wise to assume the best affixes for followers are main stat, socket for more main stat, attack speed for more proccing and...? Also, do legendary gems work on followers? Might be worth it to give them the smite and conduit gem if that's the case.

main stat (no vit), 100cd on token (can't die one), stack AS/CC on jewlery, max out stats on weapon w/ either ruby or as/+dmg rolls and/or both

Gems don't work but some item procs do (ess of jordan for pull, etc.)

Ketch

Anybody willing to look at my character sheet and tell me what I should be trying to do for upgrades?

Right now I'm working on replacing the emerald in my weapon for the max rank one. But I think there's probably some rerolls I could be doing, or maybe there's a couple pieces that just aren't good? I have a lot of legendaries I can craft, but I'm not sure what I should be replacing.

eek5

Anybody willing to look at my character sheet and tell me what I should be trying to do for upgrades?

Right now I'm working on replacing the emerald in my weapon for the max rank one. But I think there's probably some rerolls I could be doing, or maybe there's a couple pieces that just aren't good? I have a lot of legendaries I can craft, but I'm not sure what I should be replacing.

Why not link it?!!!!??????

Celegus

https://twitter.com/CM_Nevalistis/status/509732611095158785

Angzt‏@FeelTheAngzt·43m
100% Infernal Organ drops reported on EU. Is this intentional? Bug? RNG?

Nevalistis‏@CM_Nevalistis
I'm on my way in so I can't look at numbers right now, but it's 100% on T6.

Been waiting on this to start my HF amulet search. Figured it was just a matter of time. Now they just need to make enchanting jewelry take any gems instead of just topaz/amethyst which I'm almost out of.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So my ladder witch doctor is actually doing pretty good, I think he's now better geared than my wizard on my main account, LOL. I like my skill setup and it works well, the only issue is starting out in a new bounty or rift, until I get the fetish mob going and sustained it can be slow going and difficult, especially if I encounter an elite pack right at the start (where it's just me and my templar sidekick).

Here is my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mengy-1287/hero/51989999

Anyone have any advice? I can currently run T2 pretty well with only the occasional elite pack that gives me problems. I've been thinking of switching out soul harvest for zombie dogs to give me constant pets for those times where FS hasn't triggered in awhile but I'm not sure it works better.

mercviper

Does the second strike in way of the hundreds
Fist have a chance to proc "on hit" effects for each of the multiple hits?
I want to say yes, but at a 1/7 fraction of the first hit, so overall it's the same hit % as the first. Wothf is used for the fists of fury rune though, which applies a dot that also procs on hit effects, effectively doubling the on hit coefficient of wothf

Taz

Turns out that electrified on GRifts 30+ is nuts , first time I came across it I melted in about 1 second flat.

Maledict

Here's a graph to put it into perspective:

OatsoiU.png

Even with the fraction of 10%, getting MF leads to a substantial increase in Legendary drop.

The problem is getting 300 MF which is impossible as it comes from only two sources. My point was that if it was easy to stack to 300 then people would do it especially if the stat came as a secondary stat on gear by default. Since it's virtually impossible to stack it's not worth getting at all.

Those graphs were shown to be completely wrong and basically made up. Was quite a big fuss over it because they were being pushed as the truth and then after people did some digging they found it was complete nonsense.

Don't gear for magic find!

Been waiting on this to start my HF amulet search. Figured it was just a matter of time. Now they just need to make enchanting jewelry take any gems instead of just topaz/amethyst which I'm almost out of.

This, here I am with 2 stacks worth of fucking marquise rubies and only 29 marquise topaz. I mean come on Blizzard.

It's official.

The following hotfix is now live in all regions. There are no upcoming hotfixes to report at this time.

[LIVE HOTFIXES]
General:•The drop rate of Leoric's Regret, Vial of Putridness, Idol of Terror, and Heart of Evil has been increased on Torment I and above, to a maximum of 100% on Torment VI (9/9)

I got my first goblin Vault! Went from 2 million to 30 million. Drops weren't that good, but got a boon of the hoarder now and that's all right by me.

Celegus

It's official.

The following hotfix is now live in all regions. There are no upcoming hotfixes to report at this time.

[LIVE HOTFIXES]
General:•The drop rate of Leoric's Regret, Vial of Putridness, Idol of Terror, and Heart of Evil has been increased on Torment I and above, to a maximum of 100% on Torment VI (9/9)

Any word if the keys are also 100% or is it just organs?

Any word if the keys are also 100% or is it just organs?

Just organs as far as I can tell. I believe the reasoning behind this is to keep your ability to mass-craft down, but to reduce the double RNG failure scenario where you spend forever farming keys only to not get any organs. Restricting the low percents to just the key half keeps entry low, but makes it less infuriating to end up with nothing to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom