• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

lol. Very serious game.

Why do you think that?

Because our generators do crap dmg. Crap dmg multiplied by gem still = crap dmg

Mirinae = 100m+ procs, often multi target
Gogok = more ias = more procs, more spirit generated, more heals. CDR @25 is handy too.
Taeguk = bonus to all dmg + massive armour buff

Ketch

Because our generators do crap dmg. Crap dmg multiplied by gem still = crap dmg

Mirinae = 100m+ procs, often multi target
Gogok = more ias = more procs, more spirit generated, more heals. CDR @25 is handy too.
Taeguk = bonus to all dmg + massive armour buff

thank you for elaborating. I've got a good pair of depth diggers, wouldn't they suffer from the same problem?

Got some really good stuff tonight

The amulet that summons clones when you stun.

Freakin' Maximus.

Some Immortal King set (good for transmog atleast).

I really want to find a Ramaladni's Gift so I can slot Maximus now.

Still gambling for my SoJ.

Have a weird build right now, keeping frenzy with a lightning rune so I can stun and summon clones, but everything else is fire damage. Also discovered that Leoric's crown is actually really good, and slotted a diamond in it. Boon of Bul Kathos + that = little over a minute CD on CoA and Berserk skill.

edit: Also one more thing, got an Enchantress relic that makes her unkillable. Now I just need 2 unity's. I guess I'll probably be gambling a ring forever into the future.

Hmm, so I discovered that Raekors scales pretty well into higher torments and I can solo T6 with my templar and his all skills rune. Problem is in player groups with added strength to mobs I get eaten up unless the mob density is enough to keep spamming. Am I better off sticking on a lower torment for the group bonus or should I go with highest possible I can do (even if it means going solo)?

My build now is stuck at t4 :( i pretty much have to kite if i wanna do solo on t5-6

I just need mah unity and soj rings ;_; also a better amulet for my wiz

Duress

I got Carnevil and Dagger of Darts. Having 20 fetishes is fun, but if you don't position them right they just shoot at walls, when you shoot. I just got them today on my ladder witch doctor.

I talked to a bunch of different Wizards, and it seems like the general consensus is:
serpent's+source < sunkeeper + source < maximus < furnace.

This is generally correct. But since the Maximus is much more accessible, I'm going to put my Gift in it should I finally get a Gift. I've gotten at least 7 Maximus' and I have one that's basically a perfect roll. Near max damage, 1100 int, blah blah blah. That way I can retire the sunkeeper and stop stressing over the fact that I've only gotten 1 (very shitty) sparker and 0 ather walkers in 110 hours of seasonal play.

I'm still pretty frustrated that I haven't gotten a Gift yet. Almost to paragon 300. One gift and my build is perfect for my goals. Then I'll be an SoJ away from being scary.

Tarazet

So this happened in seasons. Wish it had rolled CDR instead of LOH but I can't argue with the numbers.

eABFJvc.png

Nokterian

Finally got my ring of royal grandeur :D And using the sunwuko set with aughilds set. Also Flying Dragon and now ripping through elite packs like it's nothing.

eek5

I got Carnevil and Dagger of Darts. Having 20 fetishes is fun, but if you don't position them right they just shoot at walls, when you shoot. I just got them today on my ladder witch doctor.

This is an advantage in certain situations though. Usually high APS builds will get shit on by reflect damage but you can position yourself so you're shooting a wall but aiming at enemies and your fetishes will be hitting the enemies. It's pretty amazing.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
This is generally correct. But since the Maximus is much more accessible, I'm going to put my Gift in it should I finally get a Gift. I've gotten at least 7 Maximus' and I have one that's basically a perfect roll. Near max damage, 1100 int, blah blah blah. That way I can retire the sunkeeper and stop stressing over the fact that I've only gotten 1 (very shitty) sparker and 0 ather walkers in 110 hours of seasonal play.

I'm still pretty frustrated that I haven't gotten a Gift yet. Almost to paragon 300. One gift and my build is perfect for my goals. Then I'll be an SoJ away from being scary.

I actually gambled two Fire SoJs last night, would you keep int or CHD to go along with a socket? I have one with 420ish int and one with 34% CHD, both good fire/elite rolls though.

StMeph

I actually gambled two Fire SoJs last night, would you keep int or CHD to go along with a socket? I have one with 420ish int and one with 34% CHD, both good fire/elite rolls though.

At higher Int (9000+), even the max roll of 500 Int is only worth about 5% of damage. 34% CHD will probably be worth more than 5% damage, unless your Crit Chance is really (really) low.

wow, Trying to finish my shotgun build and I need this wep. Do want

There's not much point in a "shotgun build" without FotF. The weapon is 90% of the build for shotgunning, because there is only one piece that enables the entire thing, unlike some other builds.

I really, really dislike rolling INT off for sockets on jewelry. You generally don't gain that much more damage, and in turn you lose the mitigation from all resist that INT gives you.

I'm not saying it's an absolute rule, but I would have to really have a good justification for myself to roll off INT to socket, as opposed to another damage stat.

edit:

for firebirds, a good sun keeper+source beats out a good maximus pretty handily. But a good maximus is easier to get, and beats out a mediocre sun keeper. One thing to keep in mind when evaluating weapons for greater rift use is the way you play in greater rifts, which is generally herding white mobs into elite packs and trying to always be fighting elite packs. That's why furnace is crazy, in addition to the biggest firebird DoT you also can generally play rifts in such a way that you get full benefit on a 2H from the 40-50% elite damage bonus.

Celegus

Tried some variations of a Bowmen build with Unrelenting Phalanx, Eternal Union and T&T, paired with Akkhan and Roland. Nothing even came close to Stampede. Now I just need to figure out what legendary gems I like with it the most, and decide if I should roll 20% phys off SoJ for a socket.

ksan

I really, really dislike rolling INT off for sockets on jewelry. You generally don't gain that much more damage, and in turn you lose the mitigation from all resist that INT gives you.

I'm not saying it's an absolute rule, but I would have to really have a good justification for myself to roll off INT to socket, as opposed to another damage stat.

I think it's reasonable when you're using a two hander, especially furnace and soj/unity, just to make up for the loss of fire dmg/crit% from the fb source.

Though, I'm kinda thinking about rerolling away the socket from my amulet to get 20% fire dmg, as both zei/bane of the trapped seem kinda underwhelming in solo grifts.

Shifty76

Found some nice Depth Diggers and Ice Climbers last night so tested vs T6 Ghom compared to my current Blackthornes on my Sunwuko monk.

DD/IC: 17s avg over 5 runs
BT: 13s avg.

Just wish I had a usable BT ammy so I could use those IC's as the anti-cc would be really handy.

Shifty76

Shifty, any suggestions on what else I can improve on my monk? Still currently trying to get a better RRoG...I can do T6 but I'm still a bit on the squishy side. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Negation-1895/hero/51808342

Standard advice I offer to anyone not running Peshkov: Tried Quickening? Way more spirit = way more mantra spam for more toughness and dps. More than makes up for less procs due to lower proc coefficient.

Depending what your individual resists are, Harmony may be a better choice than 6th Sense. Speaking of resists: Get more everywhere so you don't need those diamonds - that's a ton of dps you're missing. I'd try for AR on all of: Chest, belt, pants and boots then get non matching single resists everywhere else.

I'd roll off the generator dmg on those pants to armour. Too bad they have arc res as otherwise AR would be possible.

That Manald heal is pretty weak - ideally you'll want dex/cc/cd/socket on that slot.

Generally you have the right pieces for most slots, just need better rolls on them.

Anyway, here's my monk if you wanted to see what I'm running currently: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/6639133

In-game stats sit around 1.5m dps unbuffed, 460k hp, 1k AR, 25m toughness. Buffs up to 5m dps, 60m toughness when in combat and all buffs are active.

eek5

Got a new FD thanks to forrest hooking me up with a gift :D

opE4mBT.png

:D

Been messing around with quickening and it's not bad. I feel like I kill stuff faster the standard cookie cutter build (prob need to do ghom test) but I'm able to run cyclone w/ quickening which is a lot better when I'm not running solo.

Ketch

Two questions: does +holy damage buff smite gem? And what happens if you have a gem in socket then reroll the socket? Do you loose the gem?

I'm getting pretty close to taking a huge leap. I it's need a socket on my RoRG.

eek5

Two questions: does +holy damage buff smite gem? And what happens if you have a gem in socket then reroll the socket? Do you loose the gem?

I'm getting pretty close to taking a huge leap. I it's need a socket on my RoRG.

Yes.

You pay for unsocket costs.

Rizzi

Well I found five pieces of the Legacy of Raekor set.
Which means I now have no reason to even have my RoRG equipped. Furious Charge is super awesome now, so that's cool.

Celegus

Well I found five pieces of the Legacy of Raekor set.
Which means I now have no reason to even have my RoRG equipped. Furious Charge is super awesome now, so that's cool.

Do you have a Vile Ward instead of the shoulders though? Raekor is kind of bust without it.

DD-11

Got some really good stuff tonight

The amulet that summons clones when you stun.

Freakin' Maximus.

Some Immortal King set (good for transmog atleast).

I really want to find a Ramaladni's Gift so I can slot Maximus now.

Still gambling for my SoJ.

Have a weird build right now, keeping frenzy with a lightning rune so I can stun and summon clones, but everything else is fire damage. Also discovered that Leoric's crown is actually really good, and slotted a diamond in it. Boon of Bul Kathos + that = little over a minute CD on CoA and Berserk skill.

edit: Also one more thing, got an Enchantress relic that makes her unkillable. Now I just need 2 unity's. I guess I'll probably be gambling a ring forever into the future.

I found an amulet that not only makes me immune to arcane damage, it also heals me for 22% of the damage that I would have taken. Also gives 800+ strength and 10% whirlwind damage. Not sure I'll ever take it off.

cdyhybrid

Just got my Firebird Boots :D Kadala finally put out...Also got my 4th pair of Fire Walkers and second pair of Blackthorne's Boots from the same set of Blood Shards :lol

Now to try and get a Magefist and Strongarm Bracers before I have to start trying to gamble for weapons.

Rizzi

I found an amulet that not only makes me immune to arcane damage, it also heals me for 22% of the damage that I would have taken. Also gives 800+ strength and 10% whirlwind damage. Not sure I'll ever take it off.

Christ. I want one. The one thing I have died most to are arcane enchanted enemies.

DD-11

Christ. I want one. The one thing I have died most to are arcane enchanted enemies.

I bathe in their pools and sit on their lasers healing myself as I whirlwind them into oblivion. Even when I'm surrounded by other enemies, my natural healing and the buffs I get from the amulet keep me alive.

Yeah I found a poison one similar to that, but I'd rather have arcane, fire or ice one. That's what kills me on elites. I've reached the point where I'm waiting on some unity's and raekor before I can move on.

Rizzi

I bathe in their pools and sit on their lasers healing myself as I whirlwind them into oblivion. Even when I'm surrounded by other enemies, my natural healing and the buffs I get from the amulet keep me alive.

That sounds nice. Fucking arcane..

Pickman

They make these for every damage type except Holy and Physical. I've got a set of necks that I swap out depending on the type of Elites I'm fighting.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got another sick SMK, needless to say my friend was happy when I gave it to him, it was just slightly worse than my one:

Nymerio

Quick question: For a lightning monk, do I try to re-roll the +lightning dmg into a socket or do I keep the +dmg? I have the smite and elite dmg gems in my rings.

R6OicwG.png

FaidSint

Thought I'd try again:

I am an ex member of the GAF Clan who has started playing heavily again and though I understand my removal due to inactivity, I'd love another shot at the clan.

I played a lot with many members of the clan so next time there is room I'd love the consideration.

FaidSint#1586.

If not, I'm in the community so add me to friends list or community chat and we can run some rifts :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom