• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is there much of a point to keeping more than a million gold at any one time anymore or should I be dumping as much into gems and shit as I can ASAP?

I have like 47 million at the moment. Really easy to blow through it with the gems.

Rizzi

Things I need: Magefist, Vile Ward, Maximus.
Things I don't need: All the friggin' dex loot that keeps dropping for me. It's getting ridiculous.

for firebirds, a good sun keeper+source beats out a good maximus pretty handily. But a good maximus is easier to get, and beats out a mediocre sun keeper. One thing to keep in mind when evaluating weapons for greater rift use is the way you play in greater rifts, which is generally herding white mobs into elite packs and trying to always be fighting elite packs. That's why furnace is crazy, in addition to the biggest firebird DoT you also can generally play rifts in such a way that you get full benefit on a 2H from the 40-50% elite damage bonus.
I hear you but the #1 Wizard on the EU leaderboard is using this setup.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Simba-2186/hero/47364702

That's solo GR40.

So while I respect that you like the Sunkeeper, the best Wizard in EU and most of the top Wizards in US last time I checked are using 2H weapons (specifically Furnace or Maximus).

It's just the truth of the matter. Now, whether this gentlemen and others would be doing higher GR's if they had a near perfect Sunkeeper + Source instead of their near perfect Maximus could be an interesting discussion...but considering the most common Blizzard + Hydra + BH builds do not benefit from the higher attack speed that 1H weapons offer, It's not suprising to me that big, badass 2H weapons are leading the way in Wizardville.

YMMV, but I'mma take my cues from the very best. If I get a godly Sunkeeper, I'll certainly keep it in the toolbox. But I'm socketing my Maximus and hoping to find a SoJ. With a 10% damage roll and a Gifted socket, my Maximus will be 3742. The equivalent of the #1 EU Wizard's weapon. Good enough for me. And again, if I get a decent Furnace by some miracle, I'll equip it instead. Until then, I have my goal. :D

Ayumi

Is there much of a point to keeping more than a million gold at any one time anymore or should I be dumping as much into gems and shit as I can ASAP?

I have like 47 million at the moment. Really easy to blow through it with the gems.
Gold is also essential for rerolling, unless you're finished & happy with your gear. My quiver is now at 1,5mil gold per reroll and I became broke because of it (plus gem crafting). Personally, I would advice anyone to keep at least 10mil for various emergency stuff if you're done with crafting and rerolling (congrats if you are!).

Dahbomb

Builds change at the top level. People just copy what's the best and the cycle repeats itself.

Before the Peshkov build was #1 for Monk people were using the Crudest Boots build thinking that was the best. All the top Monks had that set up. Then someone got #1 with Peshkov and that became the best.

Soon people are going to realize that Blackthorne is better for Monks than Depth Diggers set up (against Elites of course as that is where Monks need the damage the most) and people are also going to realize that Taeguk is god tier for Monks when right now they are satisfied with a 2 gem set up.

Also I just saw the rankings and a Barb has broken 43 Rift to match the highest DH Rift. Crazy!

KpNKVGu.jpg

Love you Kadala.

Okay so earlier I asked about Ramaldi's Gift and got good advice on saving it for a weapon with an affix/%elemental if it ever drops. So I've put the following in my stash in case I get lucky:

w7CamPt.png

Would most people reroll the % damage until max or reroll it into life on hit?

cdyhybrid

Okay so earlier I asked about Ramaldi's Gift and got good advice on saving it for a weapon with an affix/%elemental if it ever drops. So I've put the following in my stash in case I get lucky:

w7CamPt.png

Would most people reroll the % damage until max or reroll it into life on hit?

10% damage

I'm pretty much only going to use them on BiS weapons though, I have yet to see one drop :(

Rokam

If season 1 could go ahead and end so I can go BoP build on my non season character that'd be great.... Have a Ramaldni's waiting.

jvJSrIP.png

eek5

You have 4.1+ attack speed?

94764-h9A9B0986.gif

it's sentry breakpoints w/ T&T

I'm T6 but can hit T7 if I get a gift and ~11 aps

max tier was in reference to first link which is out of date and that's before sentries were attacking faster so i was in tier 8 even with 2h but that is not the case anymore if you follow the other links

also max tier is always in reference to 7th tier afaik 8 is not possible, so fucking relax bro

eek5

That's what I was talking about.

according to the first link I was as high as is possible aka max tier what's so hard to understand about that? it's not possible to hit 4.1 so why would I even claim that i was 4.1? use some common sense dude

Dahbomb

I would change my whole Monk build if I had that Amulet.

That last tool posted is pretty good. It has been updated to include Paragon points now so you can edit in how many Paragon points you want to reach a certain break point.

In any case I am T6 too although a buddy of mine is T7 right now. I thought he needed a few paragon points to reach T7 but according to this he does not.

cdyhybrid

Just salvaged two pieces of Firebird's that randomly dropped because I already had them with better rolls.

Sad day :(

Really need to find that Templar immortality relic. He just gets rekt instantly in any serious fight.

lexi

Banned
Just salvaged two pieces of Firebird's that randomly dropped because I already had them with better rolls.

Sad day :(

I found a Firebird's helm that was better then what I had, perfect int roll.... And accidentally salvaged it while transitioning helms. Don't ask me how I fucking did it. I think I wanted to salvage the old one for the gem.

On the plus side found a Indalimar thingy and used it on my Thunderfury:
G90b3oV.jpg

Ayumi

I found a Firebird's helm that was better then what I had, perfect int roll.... And accidentally salvaged it while transitioning helms. Don't ask me how I fucking did it. I think I wanted to salvage the old one for the gem.
The Firebird's helmet is the only set item I'm missing on my Wizard! Gotten 2 and 3 of everything else. :<

Does the goblin portal spawn in rifts? I still haven't seen it. :(

Don't think so.
It doesn't.

Bitching on GAF confirmed as working. Now to find another Unity...
Blizzard is spying on us. I bitched a few times about drops and suddenly got tons of them.

Also, I got Rama's Gift today! ..But my weapon is already socketed natively. Better just save it for an upgrade or something. I really don't wanna mess this up. :v

Sajjaja

And here I am, only having the Firebird Source.....

Also, can someone teach me how to barbarian? I have a barb I just got powerleved by another gaffer and I haven't the slightest idea how to play him effectively. I have a Maximus.

iirate

51lgcqB.png

Bitching on GAF confirmed as working. Now to find another Unity...

Sadly, I've bitched everywhere about not having a Flying Dragon(or Furnace, or any other decently rolled diabo...) and I still haven't seen anything.

At the same time, the game keeps throwing pretty GG zDPS stuff at me(Frostburns, Sledge, Azurewrath, TF), even though I don't have a group to run with.

lexi

Banned
Also, I got Rama's Gift today! ..But my weapon is already socketed natively. Better just save it for an upgrade or something. I really don't wanna mess this up. :v

Have you already re-rolled something on the weapon? You can roll the socket to something else and then add a socket with Ramadlini's

Ayumi

Have you already re-rolled something on the weapon? You can roll the socket to something else and then add a socket with Ramadlini's
Yeah I know that, and I already rolled something else so that will be useless. It's not my final weapon so I'm sure something better will come.

Bombless

Yeah I know that, and I already rolled something else so that will be useless. It's not my final weapon so I'm sure something better will come.
I've gotten 4 Ramaladnis so far. I use them as long as I have at least one extra remaining. The little upgrade it does helps evzn if it's not THE weapon. Especially for me since I have the hardest time to find decent weapons >_<

Ayumi

I've gotten 4 Ramaladnis so far. I use them as long as I have at least one extra remaining. The little upgrade it does helps evzn if it's not THE weapon. Especially for me since I have the hardest time to find decent weapons >_<

Was thinking of just using it on my Wizard (Woh) but I should probably prioritise my DH.. I don't even know because it might take ages until I get another Rama's. :<

Bombless

Was thinking of just using it on my Wizard (Woh) but I should probably prioritise my DH.. I don't even know because it might take ages until I get another Rama's. :<

Wait until you get another one :)

Speaking of Wizard, I just brought my seasonal one to 70. First wiz at 70 too. Dinged this morning at 4am so I didn't have time to read much on endgame shenanigans but it seems Fire is the way to go, which kinda saddens me.

Wait until you get another one :)

Speaking of Wizard, I just brought my seasonal one to 70. First wiz at 70 too. Dinged this morning at 4am so I didn't have time to read much on endgame shenanigans but it seems Fire is the way to go, which kinda saddens me.
Normal --> T6, you can play any build you want. For GR however, Fire is it. There are no choices there.

Ayumi

Normal --> T6, you can play any build you want. For GR however, Fire is it. There are no choices there.

Firebird's is the only way to survive a decent level of GRift too. I tried the second best, but it just didn't work out. So all I need is my Firebird's helmet (and strongarm bracers) to switch my build for higher GRifts (can't surpass 22 yet).

Radec

It's amazing that before 2.1, Firebird is one of the most useless set out there. And now its the end game set for wizards.

Xanathus

It's amazing that before 2.1, Firebird is one of the most useless set out there. And now its the end game set for wizards.

Same thing happened to Marauders, who would have thought that changing what a set does woud make it useful? Too bad they can't do the same for monk's sets.

iirate

Same thing happened to Marauders, who would have thought that changing what a set does woud make it useful? Too bad they can't do the same for monk's sets.

They sorta did that, except 1K Storms is a spectacular failure. The actual concept for 4pc SWK is really good as an endgame set IMO - it's core monk mechanics that need to be fixed. There are several routes they can take from here to make SWK versatile and engaging.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm out for two weeks - vacation time!
Probably won't get good wi-fi very often since we're cruising around the Carribean.

I created a shortened URL for the roster spreadsheet - quote and read the preview text for the link.

Officers can promote other people to officers in the clan and community - if anyone wants to get involved just let us know.

Dahbomb

Make me an officer, I am going to be playing regularly for the next month (until at least mid October).

And it's not hard to make sets top tier. Keep increasing numbers until it destroys higher GR 30s. Hell that's what they did with SWK until it became the best for Monks.

Example: Raiment 4 set : 50% Lightning Damage, Dashing Strike gains the effects of all runes.

Raiment 6 piece Dashing Strike deals 5000% weapon damage as Lightning. Damage is increased by 1% for every Yard traveled (for a maximum of 50% increased damage bringing total to 7500%).

Ayumi

I'm out for two weeks - vacation time!
Probably won't get good wi-fi very often since we're cruising around the Carribean.

I created a shortened URL for the roster spreadsheet - quote and read the preview text for the link.

Officers can promote other people to officers in the clan and community - if anyone wants to get involved just let us know.
What other stuff is there to do? I wouldn't mind being an officer if I can help (I'm online pretty much every day) in any way, like accepting people who post in this thread and set their note, etc.

iirate

Make me an officer, I am going to be playing regularly for the next month (until at least mid October).

And it's not hard to make sets top tier. Keep increasing numbers until it destroys higher GR 30s. Hell that's what they did with SWK until it became the best for Monks.

Example: Raiment 4 set : 50% Lightning Damage, Dashing Strike gains the effects of all runes.

Raiment 6 piece Dashing Strike deals 5000% weapon damage as Lightning. Damage is increased by 1% for every Yard traveled (for a maximum of 50% increased damage bringing total to 7500%).

4pc really should remove DS's CD and make it a spender. Would synergize with SWK and make the 6pc function much better on its own.

Also, if Blizzard doesn't address SW and Mantra spam in some other way, then they should consider removing the animation on at least CS, and maybe LTK/WoL too.

Firemind

Firebird's is the only way to survive a decent level of GRift too. I tried the second best, but it just didn't work out. So all I need is my Firebird's helmet (and strongarm bracers) to switch my build for higher GRifts (can't surpass 22 yet).
How much HP do monsters have at 23? Fuck firebird. Gonna get nerfed soon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom