• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's not hard to make sets top tier. Keep increasing numbers until it destroys higher GR 30s. Hell that's what they did with SWK until it became the best for Monks.

Example: Raiment 4 set : 50% Lightning Damage, Dashing Strike gains the effects of all runes.

Raiment 6 piece Dashing Strike deals 5000% weapon damage as Lightning. Damage is increased by 1% for every Yard traveled (for a maximum of 50% increased damage bringing total to 7500%).

Holy hell that would be amazing. 3 charges with stun, extra damage, ias boost, move boost. I'm not really a fan of how the FD build plays honestly, and much prefer lightning build over it so I really do hope that Blizz patches Thousand Storms.

If any openings are available in the clan I'd like an invite if possible. I'm in community but it's fun seeing the various notifications and drops people get when your in the clan. You don't get that in the community.

If room available invite can be sent to cell#1937.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
What other stuff is there to do? I wouldn't mind being an officer if I can help (I'm online pretty much every day) in any way, like accepting people who post in this thread and set their note, etc.

Yup, that's about it. Make sure people are added to the roster sheet before accepting, just so we don't lose track of anyone. I've just been adding people if they didn't do it themselves. I've left some hanging for a while when I couldn't find them in a NeoGAF search, waiting to message them.

Hopefully we'll be free from cleanups for a few weeks.

I'd say minimum P100 for the clan, no requirements for the community. Both have to be GAF members.

ZenaxP can promote people in both if I'm not on. Not sure my client will finish downloading before I have to board the ship here.

Edit: whew, made it. Added officers.

Tarazet

Question.. I had a pretty good strength Shard of Hate drop on my Crusader. Is there any way I could have a Barb make use of it, or are all the good builds 2H now? If I could help it, I wouldn't want to reroll the Strength for another class, because it came with a socket and I'd want to reroll it to +Damage if I could for use with a Ramaladni's.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm getting a weird hankering for some Diablo... 1!

Anyone wanna play on Battle.net? I was surprised to see Bnet is still working for Diablo 1, but unfortunately there are few games going on, none of them public, and nobody in the chat.

Anyone up for some nostalgia? :D

Ayumi

How much HP do monsters have at 23? Fuck firebird. Gonna get nerfed soon anyway.

25 is like T6. I can solo T6 but it takes more time than the time required for Grift 23.. I failed with a few seconds left last time I tried. If you can clean a T6 rift at 10 minutes, I think you'd be fine in Grift 23/24.
Yup, that's about it. Make sure people are added to the roster sheet before accepting, just so we don't lose track of anyone. I've just been adding people if they didn't do it themselves. I've left some hanging for a while when I couldn't find them in a NeoGAF search, waiting to message them.

I'd say minimum P100 for the clan, no requirements for the community. Both have to be GAF members.

ZenaxP can promote people in both if I'm not on. Not sure my client will finish downloading before I have to board the ship here.
Alright, I'm up for it! I'm Ayumi in-game too (2458 if you need my ID).

What is the benefits of going dual 1h for a DH? It seems I would lose a lot of stats and effects by doing this. Most likely it's just the 1 handlers I have are not worth replacing a 2h and quiver. I've actually never went dual 1h and I'm at lol 70 paragon on a seasonal DH. Have I been missing out?

Bombless

Is anyone here playing on the EU side? I keep seeing requests for the US clan but no one for EU. I think we're about a dozen people still playing regularily, sometimes up to crazy late hours. I don't think we're full either.

I hear you but the #1 Wizard on the EU leaderboard is using this setup.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Simba-2186/hero/47364702

That's solo GR40.

Are you sure that is his grift gear? Looks like T6/lower grift farming gear. His follower is literally built for Bane of the Trapped abuse, but he's using Bane of the Powerful, which is worse than trapped in higher grift levels because it doesn't do anything vs. the rift guardian, but is superb in T6 rifts and lower range grifts. If he was just running T6, Maximus might be the best weapon for that difficultly because the fire chains are relevant and usable (which they more or less aren't at grift 34 or so and above) and he doesn't need the extra damage vs. elites at that difficultly since they die to fast to his dps already.

Also, he's using pinpoint armor instead of Force Armor on the Energy Armor rune, not running Unstable Anomaly, and at the same time as those not using a String of Ears. That loadout is actually going to die to white mob melee in a heartbeat in grift 40.

99% sure that's not his grift gear. The reason why a superb SK+source (note the word superb there, a bad SK is still bad) is slightly better than Maximus on higher grifts (I've tested both) is that for the way you play, elite kill time is everything. White mobs die as a side effect of the big AoE damage you produce while killing elites, and you more or less herd white mobs around behind you until you get to the next elite pack, kill everything, then keep moving.

Dahbomb

Dual 1H DH is only used to speed farm Bounties. Existence of M6 and Bombardiers Rucksacks makes dual wield 1H on DH irrelevant.

Maledict

How much HP do monsters have at 23? Fuck firebird. Gonna get nerfed soon anyway.

They aren't going to nerf firebird.

They have said outright the point of this patch was to get every class with one option that let them play at the very high rift levels. The next balance patch isn't to nerf those options - it's to bring everything else up to that level. So next time around we should see boosts to cold / elec / arcane to allow them to play at rift level 40 as well.

Bombless

They aren't going to nerf firebird.

They have said outright the point of this patch was to get every class with one option that let them play at the very high rift levels. The next balance patch isn't to nerf those options - it's to bring everything else up to that level. So next time around we should see boosts to cold / elec / arcane to allow them to play at rift level 40 as well.

Hopefully the next patch won't be next year when the next expansion will land.

Bogeypop

RNGesus loved me today

xixydzI.jpg
W5U2zwo.jpg

Qm07kTR.jpg
Rbm6e27.jpg

Xeteh

I still have yet to find a Unity at any point playing Diablo 3 and the only SoJ I found rolled with Int on my Crusader.

Rings hate me.

robochimp

meanwhile i haven't seen 1 unity since RoS first launched.

Yeah, I always laugh when I read advice in this thread that includes "find two unity rings". I have hundreds of hours into this game and have yet to find one.

Just today I found a Shard of Hate and a fulminator, talk about day late and a dollar short.

ZenaxPure

Are you sure that is his grift gear? Looks like T6/lower grift farming gear.

All you gotta do is actually look at the ingame leaderboards to know. It takes a snapshot of your character when you clear a rift that ranks you which displays as the picture on the leaderboard, it's about the only way to know what people were wearing when they cleared said rift. The snapshot for this character is him using a sword, 2h swords only transmog into 2h swords so Maximus seems the most likely (since the transmog is a Scourge and I doubt he is actually using a Scourge).

That said, it is an outlier, basically everyone else in the high ranks is using Furnace.

Is there a reason that legendaries like Maximus get the % elemental dmg and an awesome proc effect while others like Heart Slaughter don't? I feel like there is no way the extra 10% elemental damage that the non-proc legendaries can roll makes up for the difference. It just seems ridiculously sub-optimal to go for an elemental build with the latter kind of weapon.

All you gotta do is actually look at the ingame leaderboards to know. It takes a snapshot of your character when you clear a rift that ranks you which displays as the picture on the leaderboard,.

It absolutely does not snapshot spec/gear on the leaderboards, unless you are implying that there are firebird wizards clearing grift 39-40 with aether walkers and nemesis bracers equipped, which they certainly are not doing. The spec/gear you see on the leaderboards is the same data pulled from the armory.

Xeteh

Ugh, gambling gloves on my Witch Doctor trying to get Jade Harvester and I've gotten 4 Invoker set gloves today. This game is being way meaner than it has to be.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Got a tasker and theo, lut socks, cindercoat, and a ramaladni's gift from a greater rift, what a great diablo day.

eek5

If I were to start playing again, what would I need to be brought up to speed on?

I haven't played since shortly after the DH's sentries were buffed. My duder:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

I also have this Wizard but he's not very good.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736491

I have no idea what legendary gems are or how to get them. I also have no idea what GRifts are.
you would just need gems for marauder and probably a new weapon eventually

ZenaxPure

It absolutely does not snapshot spec/gear on the leaderboards, unless you are implying that there are firebird wizards clearing grift 39-40 with aether walkers and nemesis bracers equipped, which they certainly are not doing. The spec/gear you see on the leaderboards is the same data pulled from the armory.

Errr, try again and actually read what I said. I am talking about the picture that shows up when you scroll over the character on the leaderboard (as I specifically said picture for a reason). The picture that is shown is indeed a snapshot of what gear you were wearing at the time you cleared the rift and in this case that guy was using a sword (which was transmogged into a Scourge, but, it was probably a Maximus).

J. Bravo

i found a full shadow set today. also a shitty marauders shoulders. and 2 nats helms, nats cloak, and the xbow. i just want 2 more marauders pieces please.

Bogeypop

RNGesus might love you, but I hate you.
meanwhile i haven't seen 1 unity since RoS first launched.
Same. I hope all of your drops are taken away by Lootifer.

Play a seasonal character, get him geared, and I'll play with you guys and hope RNGesus extends his divine blessings to you. I'm always looking for more people to play with. Was with a pug Monk and DH yesterday and had their Flying Dragon and Kridershot drop while partying with me for I am His disciple.

Well I farmed a bunch of keys and then tried to solo Uber Diablo in T5 to see what it might be like, as T6 was just too much. Took a couple attempts of build tinkering before I had the right balance of mitigation and damage, but he ended up not even dropping an organ. Maybe I was really unlucky, but I'm curious what the % is at T5 if T6 is 100%. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get better gear.

eek5

Well I farmed a bunch of keys and then tried to solo Uber Diablo in T5 to see what it might be like, as T6 was just too much. Took a couple attempts of build tinkering before I had the right balance of mitigation and damage, but he ended up not even dropping an organ. Maybe I was really unlucky, but I'm curious what the % is at T5 if T6 is 100%. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get better gear.

plenty of people would carry you for free

FtHTiny

It seems my luck isn´t ready for this season or something. I spend bloodshards on gloves for over 250 paragon level now and still got no TnT´s. Close to taking a break for some days.

Bogeypop

It seems my luck isn´t ready for this season or something. I spend bloodshards on gloves for over 250 paragon level now and still got no TnT´s. Close to taking a break for some days.

But that's how they get you. If you don't keep playing Lootcifer auto wins and RNGesus perishes.

IceMarker

Edit: whew, made it. Added officers.
I saw a couple invite requests from people who are already in the GAF clan, hope you don't mind I added them to the community without looking at the doc first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom