• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferr

If I were to start playing again, what would I need to be brought up to speed on?

I haven't played since shortly after the DH's sentries were buffed. My duder:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

I also have this Wizard but he's not very good.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736491

I have no idea what legendary gems are or how to get them. I also have no idea what GRifts are.

For the DH- get the trapped, enforcer, and powerful gems. It is now optimal to use 3 spenders- EA, CA, and MS. Bows are now optimal since their speed allows you to reach higher sentry attack speed break points. Etrayu is the best bow with its cold dmg % mod. Hellfire Amulet is bis if you can roll a good one.

Firemind

Still haven't found a Ramaladni's gift yet. >:|
You and me both buddy.

And in my quest to find Unity, I have found 5 Restraints, 4 Wedding Bands, 4 Band of Hollow Whispers, 3 Stolen Rings, 1 Nagelring, 1 Leoric's Signet, 1 Skull Grasp, 1 Wyrdward, 1 Puzzle Ring, 1 Litany, 1 Wailing Host.

Bombless

This game is mocking me. I just found this on my fresh 70 Wizard.
o1oAtyP.png

Sigh. It's still better than what I have, no question, but those rolls #WHY

Oh well, need to get the show on the road and start rolling the bounties + rifts for some gear + souls.

Xyber

It's impossible for me to get Tasker & Theo. Almost 10k shards spent on trying to get them, nothing but magefists and marauder as far as the eye can see.

Edit: Did find myself a new better Etrayu earlier, so that's nice.
uo8wpm.jpg

MrDaravon

It's impossible for me to get Tasker & Theo. Almost 10k shards spent on trying to get them, nothing but magefists and marauder as far as the eye can see.

Edit: Did find myself a new better Etrayu earlier, so that's nice.
uo8wpm.jpg

Taskers are supposed to be very rare, for a DH getting one is a HUGE upgrade.

Also that's a super nice Etrayu.

Can you reroll the 4th primary to 8% elite dmg on a sunkeeper and then add a ramaladni's socket for a potential max of 38% elite dmg? I ask bcause I just rolled my sunkeeper about 30 times and never saw elite dmg come up once...

Xyber

Can you reroll the 4th primary to 8% elite dmg on a sunkeeper and then add a ramaladni's socket for a potential max of 38% elite dmg? I ask bcause I just rolled my sunkeeper about 30 times and never saw elite dmg come up once...

If it's on the list, it can roll. I spent 100M on my old bow before it rolled %damage for the first time even. It was fucking awful.

Taz

150+ mil and over 100 rolls for damage to show on my Flying Dragon and luckly for me it was 10%

Got Ice Climber to drop on my monk and they rolled Int and Witch Doctor skill /fail

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

There's a "?" button near every rerollable stat on your item. If you click on it, you can see the list of affixes it can reroll to, complete with stat ranges.

Celegus

150+ mil and over 100 rolls for damage to show on my Flying Dragon and luckly for me it was 10%

Got Ice Climber to drop on my monk and they rolled Int and Witch Doctor skill /fail

Do Monks use Ice Climbers over Crudest Boots? I got a dex pair on my Crusader, but I don't play monk to know.

Radec

So I equipped my stashed firebird set on my wiz who i haven't touched since 2.1 was released, and wow. That shit is amazing now indeed.

Now my wiz need alot more toughness tho.

Are you sure that is his grift gear? Looks like T6/lower grift farming gear. His follower is literally built for Bane of the Trapped abuse, but he's using Bane of the Powerful, which is worse than trapped in higher grift levels because it doesn't do anything vs. the rift guardian, but is superb in T6 rifts and lower range grifts. If he was just running T6, Maximus might be the best weapon for that difficultly because the fire chains are relevant and usable (which they more or less aren't at grift 34 or so and above) and he doesn't need the extra damage vs. elites at that difficultly since they die to fast to his dps already.

Also, he's using pinpoint armor instead of Force Armor on the Energy Armor rune, not running Unstable Anomaly, and at the same time as those not using a String of Ears. That loadout is actually going to die to white mob melee in a heartbeat in grift 40.

99% sure that's not his grift gear. The reason why a superb SK+source (note the word superb there, a bad SK is still bad) is slightly better than Maximus on higher grifts (I've tested both) is that for the way you play, elite kill time is everything. White mobs die as a side effect of the big AoE damage you produce while killing elites, and you more or less herd white mobs around behind you until you get to the next elite pack, kill everything, then keep moving.
icic.

yea, I'm glad I held off on using my only Gift on the Maximus. I still might, but under good advisement I'm going to give it awhile. Maybe another 50 paragon levels. If I don't find a better Sun Keeper or a Furnace, I'll probably throw the socket on a Maximus. Even with my old Maximus, I was breezing through GR30. I expect I could have done at least GR32 or 33 with it With another +10% damage, Maybe 34/35? Idk. But yea the goal being getting close to 40, I don't feel compelled to use my only Gift on something that can't get me where I really would like to be. If I get a second Gift, I'll probably use one on the Maximus. But since it took me 290 paragon levels worth of time and farming to just get one, I am understandably pessimistic about when/if I will get another.

I understand some of you have found several...but as with a great many things RNG related in this game, my experience has not been anywhere near as positive. I still haven't found an Aether Rocker seasonal wand, no SoJ's, and only 1 bad Serpent Sparker in all this time spent, mostly doing T6 rifts and Greater Rifts. Having poor luck when you really need to have some good luck is one of the more frustrating experiences.

So I equipped my stashed firebird set on my wiz who i haven't touched since 2.1 was released, and wow. That shit is amazing now indeed.

Now my wiz need alot more toughness tho.

Look to replace any +damage rolls on boots, belts, chest, and pants with +armor/+life/+allresist. Roll off Attack Speed on any gloves you're using and replace with vit (ideally: int, vit, cd, cc).

On chests, consider the elite damage reduction affix. Also look for secondary affixes that reduce ranged/melee damage taken.

Acquiring earthen might faster than raekor's at this point. Might end up being a leapquake barb for awhile.

I tried Raekors and just didn't like the playstyle. It just feels very clunky to me. Haven't gotten around to trying earth set yet, even though I have the pieces in my stash.

I really prefer using IK set, even though I know it's not the best.

jersoc

welp, the rng gods must've heard my cries about a unity. had one drop last night finally. so half way there. of course i still need the follower can't die thing. so i guess a 3rd of the way there.

Welp, I'm up to 21 million per try to reroll my Bombadier's quiver. Highest I got was 13% sentry damage. Not sure how much more I want to try rerolling it...

On the other extreme end though this happened today...

8BIqB49.png

Firemind

welp, the rng gods must've heard my cries about a unity. had one drop last night finally. so half way there. of course i still need the follower can't die thing. so i guess a 3rd of the way there.
I have two of those things. Can I trade you one for a Unity? lol

I tried Raekors and just didn't like the playstyle. It just feels very clunky to me. Haven't gotten around to trying earth set yet, even though I have the pieces in my stash.

I really prefer using IK set, even though I know it's not the best.

I just found the set -1 ring from the cache, just need one more piece now.

My favorite build so far has been Thunderfury and Odyn while stacking lightning but I want to go further into Torment so I'm going for more set oriented builds. I'm one piece away from having IK's 5 piece, but that means I have to use the weapon over Maximus and give up my huge leoric diamond cd reduction. Still it looks like a very nice set bonus.

Jedi2016

Welp, I'm up to 21 million per try to reroll my Bombadier's quiver. Highest I got was 13% sentry damage. Not sure how much more I want to try rerolling it...

On the other extreme end though this happened today...

8BIqB49.png
Yeah, this one's just too good. I don't think I'll be replacing the Cameo except with a better one I may pick up later.

Xeteh

Man, I wish Helltooth was a better set because it is all that will drop for my WD. Though I'm playing with Grin Reaper and its pretty fun though I wish I had a Rhen'ho Flayer to go with it.

Nitsuj23

Hey all, I'm playing a Barb in season. First timer. I got a Maximus, better than the rare I was using before. Pretty sure I should enchant to get a socket, but not sure what stat to drop. I'd really appreciate any advice. I've gotten some other gear with fire skill increase, not sure how much that matters. Seems to stack nice, been trying to use fire skills.

My current gear - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JooseBox-1358/hero/52399017

The sword -
LLjMpV7.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Nitsuj23

Vitality is your only choice here. Or using a Ramaladni.

That's what I was thinking, thanks.

Had never heard of a Ramaladni. If I reroll the Vit now for a socket then get a Ramaladni in the future, can I reroll the socket I had and then use the Ramaladni? I'd really like the crit bonus right now :D

Xeteh

Had never heard of a Ramaladni. If I reroll the Vit now for a socket then get a Ramaladni in the future, can I reroll the socket I had and then use the Ramaladni? I'd really like the crit bonus right now :D

Yeah. I just did that the other day on my Blade of Prophecy.

ZenaxPure

Don't use a Gift on it to be honest, unless you have extra. The damage roll on it is fairly low, I'd just roll Vit into a socket and use it until you found a better one. Gift is rare enough you shouldn't be using it on a 2h with 1532 top end damage roll.

Nitsuj23

Don't use a Gift on it to be honest, unless you have extra. The damage roll on it is fairly low, I'd just roll Vit into a socket and use it until you found a better one. Gift is rare enough you shouldn't be using it on a 2h with 1532 top end damage roll.

Thanks! That's exactly what I need to hear. Been away to long, I feel so lost when comparing stats. Any pointers as to where to read about that stuff? Not sure what's current or not.

Shifty76

Wow...tried multiple times to beat GR34 on my monk and failed. Often due to poor density, but also due to not being able to take down the RG in time.

On a whim I switched from MoS to MoC Annihilation. Blazed through GR34 with 4 mins to spare so figured I'd try GR35. Got a fantastic rift with tons of elites and spawned the RG on floor 1! RG was Stonesinger, a toughie for melee classes, but I moved to a doorway where only one of his clones could get through at once and beat him with 2 mins and change to spare. So pumped right now :)

inthrall

Wow...tried multiple times to beat GR34 on my monk and failed. Often due to poor density, but also due to not being able to take down the RG in time.

On a whim I switched from MoS to MoC Annihilation. Blazed through GR34 with 4 mins to spare so figured I'd try GR35. Got a fantastic rift with tons of elites and spawned the RG on floor 1! RG was Stonesinger, a toughie for melee classes, but I moved to a doorway where only one of his clones could get through at once and beat him with 2 mins and change to spare. So pumped right now :)

Nice! I just managed to push through to 33 in the weekend when I changed out sixth sense for beacon of ytar, FoT for CW:RT and CS for Serenity. Makes clearing a lot faster, but does slow down the actual boss-killing part (3-4 mins).

New goal is to get a nice pair of ice immune boots or a witching hour, then switch out the blackthornes 3 set once I have both. Damage seems to be my main limiter in pushing higher right now, which is a good place to be. Still trying to roll a socket on that Unity I got, should be able to add a 28 Taeguk once that succeeds

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Inthrall-1618/hero/51793947

Hey all, I'm playing a Barb in season. First timer. I got a Maximus, better than the rare I was using before. Pretty sure I should enchant to get a socket, but not sure what stat to drop. I'd really appreciate any advice. I've gotten some other gear with fire skill increase, not sure how much that matters. Seems to stack nice, been trying to use fire skills.

My current gear - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JooseBox-1358/hero/52399017

The sword -
LLjMpV7.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Wait on a Ramaldni's Gift to drop. For now though enchant the vit to a socket then when you find one change it to CDR or % damage

Dahbomb

Man I don't know how you would have enough toughness to survive GR35 without MoS or MoH. MoC Annihilation is great for speed run throughs and damage boost but it's squishy as hell.

eek5

How do you not get blowed up without MoS?

Shifty76

Man I don't know how you would have enough toughness to survive GR35 without MoS or MoH. MoC Annihilation is great for speed run throughs and damage boost but it's squishy as hell.

i run both Harmony & Sixth Sense. 850-1200 resists, 400k hp, 18k armour, double unity. Pretty much burst stuff down before it can kill me. Had multiple RD + electrified packs in there too, which was...interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom