• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitsuj23

Okay, now I'm kind of spamming haha... sorry. I just got this:
QzbBVAA.png

It does a little more damage than the Maximus, but the thing the Maximus summons does a lot of of damage and spawns kind of frequently.

Thinking maybe I should salvage this and use the Soul to reroll the Vit?

Last question :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Okay, now I'm kind of spamming haha... sorry. I just got this:
QzbBVAA.png

It does a little more damage than the Maximus, but the thing the Maximus summons does a lot of of damage and spawns kind of frequently.

Thinking maybe I should salvage this and use the Soul to reroll the Vit?

Last question :D

Use maximus

The fire chains do incredible damage

Ayumi

Which weapons are favorable for Firebird's Wizards? I have a good Woh, two Maximus and a shitty Sun Keeper. It seems hard to get a decent Sun Keeper.

Of course I would love a Furnance, but that means it would have to drop first.. So I need something else first. I see a lot if people using Furnance and Maximus, but since I have a Woh, should I stick with it, or try a Maximus?
Not a lot of top ladder Wizards with a Woh, which I understand since it's mostly good for close-up melee and tanking elites. I do well in T6 with it but can't keep up in Greater Rifts, which is why I need to change my gear and deal better AoE/ranged.

Radec

Which weapons are favorable for Firebird's Wizards? I have a good Woh, two Maximus and a shitty Sun Keeper. It seems hard to get a decent Sun Keeper.

Of course I would love a Furnance, but that means it would have to drop first.. So I need something else first. I see a lot if people using Furnance and Maximus, but since I have a Woh, should I stick with it, or try a Maximus?
Not a lot of top ladder Wizards with a Woh, which I understand since it's mostly good for close-up melee and tanking elites. I do well in T6 with it but can't keep up in Greater Rifts, which is why I need to change my gear and deal better AoE/ranged.

While waiting for a Serpent Sparkler or Furnace, use Maximus.

You won't need WoH's secondary when usign the firebird spec. You need huge damage on your weapon and a 2H does that. SS for 2 hydras.

mercviper

Do Monks use Ice Climbers over Crudest Boots? I got a dex pair on my Crusader, but I don't play monk to know.

Yup I'm using them. I don't have space for mystic ally in my build anyway so ice climbers are a huge improvement. I still dodge ice balls, but only when all of them stack on top of me.

Nymerio

I switched from lightning monk to SWK, while the damage is pretty nice I find the playstyle to be completely annoying. It's basically just standing there and hitting the mantra button as fast as I can. Now I understand why people post about macros for this shit, after a while my hand starts to hurt playing like this.

Ayumi

Alright wizards, bring it (preferably seasons, but eh):

Unfortunately, I think this is my best until I can replace Maximus.

This is pretty good! Wizards are generally shit in soloing Greater Rifts, but I think with Firebird's and Furnance it won't be as far from DHs. At least you're doing better than me. My record is GR22, and I *almost* completed a 24 with lots of time left, if it weren't for that shitty poison snake ass boss ruining it for me (I use Woh so it's hard to output enough damage without getting too close).

Been saving up Firebird's now.. just waiting for Downs, Strongarm Bracers and a Furnance (hah). 8) Glad to know I *should* be able to do at least 10 higher levels once I get to change my gear.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
thats what i assumed. but my gear cant be that bad. i have a level 40 wizard on xbox and i do like 70k crit.

i'd link my profile but somehow i forgot my password
I dunno. You can't really fuck up in D3 like you could in D2. Just get better gear.

I currently trying to get 2 more pices for might of the set. Then I'll pretty much melt everything.

Goddamit kadala, work with me.

Dahbomb

I switched from lightning monk to SWK, while the damage is pretty nice I find the playstyle to be completely annoying. It's basically just standing there and hitting the mantra button as fast as I can. Now I understand why people post about macros for this shit, after a while my hand starts to hurt playing like this.
You also have to mash Sweeping Wind and with the Eye of Peshkov build you want to be mashing BoH as well to make sure that you activate it as soon as it's off cooldown.

This build requires a 3 button macro that basically once you press it just turbo fires those 3 buttons until you press it again.

i run both Harmony & Sixth Sense. 850-1200 resists, 400k hp, 18k armour, double unity. Pretty much burst stuff down before it can kill me. Had multiple RD + electrified packs in there too, which was...interesting.
Those stats are about standard, around the same as mine really (except the HP which I always have low of). What are your healing stats? Like Life on Hit and LPSS? I feel like those are huge contributors to Monk survivability in this build.

Shifty76

Those stats are about standard, around the same as mine really (except the HP which I always have low of). What are your healing stats? Like Life on Hit and LPSS? I feel like those are huge contributors to Monk survivability in this build.

~15k LoH & ~820 LpSS I think.
I have a 3700 dps 20k LoH FD waiting in my stash for a gift, but not sure if I'd use it over my current LpSS one.

Firemind

This is pretty good! Wizards are generally shit in soloing Greater Rifts, but I think with Firebird's and Furnance it won't be as far from DHs. At least you're doing better than me. My record is GR22, and I *almost* completed a 24 with lots of time left, if it weren't for that shitty poison snake ass boss ruining it for me (I use Woh so it's hard to output enough damage without getting too close).

Been saving up Firebird's now.. just waiting for Downs, Strongarm Bracers and a Furnance (hah). 8) Glad to know I *should* be able to do at least 10 higher levels once I get to change my gear.
I've seen people mention Strongarms for Wizards all the time, but what actually does knockback? Black Hole which isn't knockback in the literal sense?

Celegus

I've seen people mention Strongarms for Wizards all the time, but what actually does knockback? Black Hole which isn't knockback in the literal sense?

Anything that moves an enemy counts, so yeah black hole.

Just curious, but why are so many wizards going 2H? I understand why a Furnace, but Maximus? Does the source damage not get added to "weapon damage" that many skills are based on? My 1H + firebird source does much more damage than my decent Maximus, and also counts as a slot towards Firebird. Just doesn't really seem worth it to me.

Firemind

I see. I should try the Raekor build sometime. Seems nuts with Strongarms. I reckon Maximus is BiS for this type of build?

With the added base damage, int and crit chance I think 1Hs still come a bit short; 2H can reach 3700+ base damage. That's a lot. I use a source myself since my build relies on it, but if I happen to find a Furnace, oh boy... (found a few Maximus. Meh.)

Ayumi

It works with Black Hole though. Spells that move the mobs around count as knockbacks. The Wizards who do use Black Hole prefer Strongarm bracers because there aren't any particular other bracers who would have a secondary good enough to ditch. But again, it's all based on opinions, it isn't a necessity.

It isn't necessarily the greatest bracers for all Wizards (in fact, I prefer to use Warzechian Armguard because it gives me a great movement boost that goes with my melee build. Though once I switch to Firebird's, I won't really need my current bracers, so Strongarms would be the best alternative. I would recommend whatever you can get that has 20% extra elemental dmg, and whatever else you desire. Aughild's Search is the most used bracers for Wizards in the game, and I also think Reaper's Wraps is great (though I prefer that for DH).
Anything that moves an enemy counts, so yeah black hole.

Just curious, but why are so many wizards going 2H? I understand why a Furnace, but Maximus? Does the source damage not get added to "weapon damage" that many skills are based on? My 1H + firebird source does much more damage than my decent Maximus, and also counts as a slot towards Firebird. Just doesn't really seem worth it to me.

Most Sun Keeper drops are quite bad, and I guess Maximus is the best alternative until you get a Furnance. Never tested Maximus and its secondary (demonic slave summon) so I cannot tell if that is particularly worth it. I think people just go for whatever has the highest DPS out of the good weapons. But I do have friends who dropped their 1H for Maximus and say they prefer it.The fire chains are supposedly very powerful.

Celegus

Yep Strongarm's a perfect for Raekor. Raekor isn't super element specific, so it probably just depends on what your best weapon is, but fire and maximus is a very popular choice.

My wizard's weapon is pretty decent, just about max damage roll and +10% damage, nearly 2500dps in the tooltip. I guess I'm mostly curious if the source damage is added to weapon damage for skills like Blizzard or Hydra.

Just realized looking at some profiles that I could put maximus and puzzle ring on my follower. That must be really nice during solo greater rifts.

ferr

Need to go tougher!
screenshot024i9san.png

btw. what's better for a sentry build? Etrayu or Kridershot?

Etrayu is better after Grift 38+.. before then (and in groups apparently) Kridershot is more comfortable. Kridershot is preferred by self-casters as well.

Most Sun Keeper drops are quite bad, and I guess Maximus is the best alternative until you get a Furnance. Never tested Maximus and its secondary (demonic slave summon) so I cannot tell if that is particularly worth it. I think people just go for whatever has the highest DPS out of the good weapons. But I do have friends who dropped their 1H for Maximus and say they prefer it.The fire chains are supposedly very powerful.

Fire chain = 30m-50m damage/second on a non-gifted maximus with solid rolls.

So um...yea. Fire chain is fantastic. You just have to get used to teleporting to the opposite side your demon is on so that the enemy is between you and the slave, taking as much chain damage as you can muster.

Celegus

Just realized looking at some profiles that I could put maximus and puzzle ring on my follower. That must be really nice during solo greater rifts.

Puzzle Ring is useless for greater rifts, and sadly does not summon a goblin when given to a follower. Maximus does summon the demon though, making it a great choice for enchantress.

Begaria

Finally found a Gift a day or two ago. Took my mediocre Maximus from about 3300 DPS to 3700. Really upped my damage throughout. Now, if I could only find a good pair of Vile Wards for my Barbarian, than I'll be really smashing through groups of enemies even more than I am now. I've got a good pair of Raekkor Gloves to swap to instead of using the Raekkor shoulders. I'll miss that +fire% on my Magefists for the Fire Chains effect, but the Charge should be sweet with Vile Wards.

Welp, I'm up to 21 million per try to reroll my Bombadier's quiver. Highest I got was 13% sentry damage. Not sure how much more I want to try rerolling it...

On the other extreme end though this happened today...

8BIqB49.png

Mother of Jaw-Drops, that's just... Jesus. I mean the base drop alone, but to actually reroll it into 99% CritD just what. I recently spend 15 flawless imperial emeralds and didn't even get a CritD on my amu @_@

Firemind

Yep Strongarm's a perfect for Raekor. Raekor isn't super element specific, so it probably just depends on what your best weapon is, but fire and maximus is a very popular choice.
Never mind. I looked up a few videos on youtube and how does raekor beat waller? I'll stay with leapquake thank you very much.

Celegus

Never mind. I looked up a few videos on youtube and how does raekor beat waller? I'll stay with leapquake thank you very much.

I tried it out a bit recently, and I'm not sure I care for it much either. One bad charge can leave you in a tight spot with no way to get out, and I got killed quite a bit. The damage can get pretty insane though, entire groups of monsters just exploding.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided to put my Witch Doctor on hold until pets are fixed, I was getting stuck around Grift 32 because my pets would get 1 shot by everything. I have since switched to Demon Hunter and I'm already doing 35+ in parties, and 32 solo with WAY worse gear than my Witch Doctor. When I get some T&T and a chest with Sentry damage it's going to crack right off.

Xeteh

aWIXUSM.jpg

So I just found this. I'm not entirely sure what to reroll and I have two Ramaladni's Gifts sitting in my bank so I'm considering using one. Worthwhile or should I hold off and just reroll something?

Pepto

Banned
So I just found this. I'm not entirely sure what to reroll and I have two Ramaladni's Gifts sitting in my bank so I'm considering using one. Worthwhile or should I hold off and just reroll something?
Mana regen to +10% dmg and then use a ramaladni to socket the weapon.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I finally got my first vault. In a party of 4 on T6 no less. 50 million just like that + the gem. The legs were crappy, but the rush from actually getting that portal and plundering the place was awesome.

I had set up this game with 3 other crusaders with swiftmounts + a leap barb, but it turned out to be fairly unnecessary. We got a vault after our second or third goblin lol.

The Vault is awesome!

Celegus

1-70 so boring ;_; I just want to get my Crusader to 70 to play the part I enjoy.

Which is why I haven't gone anywhere near seasons. The only reason I might is just to have a backup Crusader with a different build that I can experiment with, instead of constantly switching everything on my regular guy.

Bombless

1-70 so boring ;_; I just want to get my Crusader to 70 to play the part I enjoy.

Fixed!
Just kidding.
But yeah, I'm going to go through the first GRifts with my Wizard tonight and, despite the meh gear it has, it will probably outmatch my Crusader from the get go :(

ZenaxPure

I tried it out a bit recently, and I'm not sure I care for it much either. One bad charge can leave you in a tight spot with no way to get out, and I got killed quite a bit. The damage can get pretty insane though, entire groups of monsters just exploding.

You just need the gear for it is all. Raekor doesn't move into the realm of ridiculous until you have at least 40% CDR at a minimum. With 40% you are only required to hit 3 targets to reset the cooldown, and, well what comes in packs of 3? Exactly. Waller? Doesn't matter. The only time an enemy will use waller is when you first engage them, the rest of the fight they will be permanently frozen. That's why the only real threats to raekor is electrified and fire chains. Both of those affixes are still happening even when you have 100% uptime on the freeze (which you will pretty much always have).

Raekor is secretly the most CDR dependent build in the game, even more so than crusader builds. My seasonal barb has around 58% right now when Gogok is stacked (which also Gogok is super OP for raekor because each hit with a single charge has a chance to proc it, I usually get max stacks from zooming through a large pack two times) and I would really love to push it to 60% so I only have to hit 2 targets per charge for the cooldown reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom