• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Which is why I haven't gone anywhere near seasons. The only reason I might is just to have a backup Crusader with a different build that I can experiment with, instead of constantly switching everything on my regular guy.

Fixed!
Just kidding.
But yeah, I'm going to go through the first GRifts with my Wizard tonight and, despite the meh gear it has, it will probably outmatch my Crusader from the get go :(

Any quick methods to at least get into the 60s. I've only got to 36 and I can't take it anymore haha.

eek5

Any quick methods to at least get into the 60s. I've only got to 36 and I can't take it anymore haha.

Join power level community and start begging. Someone carried me to 64 in like 40 mins then I had some other people drag me through T6 for 2 rifts and got to 70. :/

Celegus

You just need the gear for it is all. Raekor doesn't move into the realm of ridiculous until you have at least 40% CDR at a minimum. With 40% you are only required to hit 3 targets to reset the cooldown, and, well what comes in packs of 3? Exactly. Waller? Doesn't matter. The only time an enemy will use waller is when you first engage them, the rest of the fight they will be permanently frozen. That's why the only real threats to raekor is electrified and fire chains. Both of those affixes are still happening even when you have 100% uptime on the freeze (which you will pretty much always have).

Raekor is secretly the most CDR dependent build in the game, even more so than crusader builds. My seasonal barb has around 58% right now when Gogok is stacked (which also Gogok is super OP for raekor because each hit with a single charge has a chance to proc it, I usually get max stacks from zooming through a large pack two times) and I would really love to push it to 60% so I only have to hit 2 targets per charge for the cooldown reset.

Hm, yeah I'm sure mine wasn't anywhere near that when I tried it. Just Leoric's Crown with a diamond, Gogok, and paragon levels. Dunno if I'd want to take furious charge damage off my vile ward, but maybe crit damage off my gloves?

ZenaxPure

Hm, yeah I'm sure mine wasn't anywhere near that when I tried it. Just Leoric's Crown with a diamond, Gogok, and paragon levels. Dunno if I'd want to take furious charge damage off my vile ward, but maybe crit damage off my gloves?

Nah I'd keep those stats as they are good. If you want to seriously try it I'd just gamble new items. On my seasonal barb I was going for a lightning raekor build as I thought it looked fun but the game never gave me any damn items (I was never expecting to get a SoH but I can't even get a stupid Odyn Son with good stats) but the game just happened to keep giving me stuff for the cookie cutter fire build, started with a decent Leoric's and then a solid Maximus, but, then the game decided to give me these as well.

FzOa2FI.jpg

MrVqKea.jpg

I basically just got stupid lucky with drops. I even got a Unity last night (third one so far in the season lol) with CDR on it. Whenever gem RNG allows I am going to roll off the STR for a socket and test it out. I think it will push me to 60% CDR with Gogok, which should be hilarious and even more broken.

Axial

That Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem combined with a Goldwrap belt makes some epic armor bonus on T6. Reached 6+ billion toughness just a moment ago :O
toughnessfde75.png

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
That Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem combined with a Goldwrap belt makes some epic armor bonus on T6. Reached 6+ billion toughness just a moment ago :O
toughnessfde75.png

I use Avarice Band + Goldwrap + Boon of the Hoarder

Easy to pickup with the high radius increment of the ring.

Bombless

Right now the biggest stopgap to my progress is not having the Hoarder gem. Ran out of money trying to roll sockets in my stupid rings and now just making a single amethyst for enchanting takes a ridiculous amount. So frustrating.

Edit : I lvled the wizzy up by playing pub games with people leveling up. Usually doing Act 1 bounties then rifting it up for a while or just switching to other act bounties. Goes fast.

ZenaxPure

Right now the biggest stopgap to my progress is not having the Hoarder gem. Ran out of money trying to roll sockets in my stupid rings and now just making a single amethyst for enchanting takes a ridiculous amount. So frustrating.

Edit : I lvled the wizzy up by playing pub games with people leveling up. Usually doing Act 1 bounties then rifting it up for a while or just switching to other act bounties. Goes fast.

Yeah the hoarder gem is godsend. I spent 40 million gold yesterday rerolling one item, but, wasn't a big deal because I made close to 80 million just gearing up my seasonal crusader inside rifts. One of the best things added in the patch.

Gems are actually holding me back right now. I sit at 0 Topazes pretty much all the time.

I've been playing some destiny and will be on vacation in Italy for 3 weeks this Thursday if anyone wonders why I'm/I'll be MIA.

I'm pretty happy with my monk. I gotta work on my DH and WD when I get back.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hoarder inside a Kymbo neck with Goldskin is just insane, I made like 200m in a couple of hours running T6.

Just got my raekor helm, makes 4 pieces.

Man this is super freaking strong. Slotted the CC damage gem with the regular elite damage gem, love charging into masses of mobs and destroying them by spamming charge. 40 million crit so good. Can't imagine the freakish damage with vileward and SoJ. Still I got the least desirable pieces (helm and shoulders), but I'm not complaining, still a huge upgrade.

I can do good damage in t6 but I die so fast. Afraid I need unity before I can do some rifts efficiently. Think I'll stick with t4-t5.

Thinking of making a monk or wizard alt. What are popular builds/loadouts for each?

My Paragon 92 Crusader got her second The Furnace drop in as many nights.

Meanwhile, ive had no Akkahns pieces drop. RNG is a cruel mistress.

Ayumi

Just got my raekor helm, makes 4 pieces.

Man this is super freaking strong. Slotted the CC damage gem with the regular elite damage gem, love charging into masses of mobs and destroying them by spamming charge. 40 million crit so good. Can't imagine the freakish damage with vileward and SoJ. Still I got the least desirable pieces (helm and shoulders), but I'm not complaining, still a huge upgrade.

I can do good damage in t6 but I die so fast. Afraid I need unity before I can do some rifts efficiently. Think I'll stick with t4-t5.

Thinking of making a monk or wizard alt. What are popular builds/loadouts for each?
For what it's worth, I would recommend against Wizard. They only have one build viable for Grifts, and would require a very rare weapon (Furnance) to be doable enough for satisfaction. Not sure about Monk - can't say I see a lot of people play that now a days. You could just go ahead and do what everyone else; create a Demon Hunter. It's the best class and I don't think Blizzard is planning on nuking it.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_grift_solo_s0

As you can see from the rankings (also if you click each individual class to view the Grift level), DH is doing the best, followed by Barbarian. Surely you should play what you enjoy, but D3 is kind of competitive now, so you might as well go for the best.

My Paragon 92 Crusader got her second The Furnace drop in as many nights.

Meanwhile, ive had no Akkahns pieces drop. RNG is a cruel mistress.

That's my experience with RNG, my season crusader (paragon 160~) had a seemingly endless supply of akkhan boots and gloves (still not happy with any of the rolls) but finding a legendary two hander that I want to use seems impossible.

desverger

For what it's worth, I would recommend against Wizard. They only have one build viable for Grifts, and would require a very rare weapon (Furnance) to be doable enough for satisfaction. Not sure about Monk - can't say I see a lot of people play that now a days. You could just go ahead and do what everyone else; create a Demon Hunter. It's the best class and I don't think Blizzard is planning on nuking it.

To be fair, DHs only have have one viable build for greater rifts as well, or maybe two these days, and both of them require quite a lot of gear as well (full Marauder, T&T and a rare quiver to start with).

I think it's pretty much the same for all classes, all the optimal builds require a lot of effort and gear, and if you're just creating an "alt" so to speak and have no intention of chasing leaderboards or GRs over 30, you could just play whatever strikes your fancy.

Sorry if this is a common question but is there any chat about the xbox 360 version of this game? I'm thinking of buying the ultimate evil edition since it's the cheaper option and I really want something to play on my couch when I'm ill.

I don't really care about graphics but in terms of gameplay and features is it a decent port? Casual googling says yes.

Sorry if this is a common question but is there any chat about the xbox 360 version of this game? I'm thinking of buying the ultimate evil edition since it's the cheaper option and I really want something to play on my couch when I'm ill.

I don't really care about graphics but in terms of gameplay and features is it a decent port? Casual googling says yes.

There is a discussion in the Gaming Discussion section somewhere for the Console UEE's. I've played the vanilla D3 on PS3 and can say I thought it was a solid port. You could make an argument that DH's actually play better on the console versions than on the PC.

Not sure about Monk - can't say I see a lot of people play that now a days.

Monk's are in a weird place. I'm not T6-capable currently, but my Seasonal Monk has already caught my Monk that I've played since the game launched. I would say if you can get the items a Lightning-based Monk should be a powerhouse. I can't say I'm too interested in the actual sets since the only Monk-oriented set I've seen has been geared towards using 2-handers which seem outright bad unless you stack CDR and AS.

If I got a SoJ and Gift I would be sitting at ~50-60% Lightning Damage (Gift for my Odin's Son) and could probably do T3-4 .

Firemind

As you can see from the rankings (also if you click each individual class to view the Grift level), DH is doing the best, followed by Barbarian. Surely you should play what you enjoy, but D3 is kind of competitive now, so you might as well go for the best.
Ha, apparently wizard is second place now. I think overall wizards are less gear dependant than barbs. Barbs have to enter the fray, while wizards can kite and abuse mirror images/force armor/illusionist/black hole to get out of sticky situations. You can see it in the rankings. The 1000th barb completed a lower GR level than the 1000th wizard.

Bombless

Check out this thread.

Nymerio

There is a discussion in the Gaming Discussion section somewhere for the Console UEE's. I've played the vanilla D3 on PS3 and can say I thought it was a solid port. You could make an argument that DH's actually play better on the console versions than on the PC.

Monk's are in a weird place. I'm not T6-capable currently, but my Seasonal Monk has already caught my Monk that I've played since the game launched. I would say if you can get the items a Lightning-based Monk should be a powerhouse. I can't say I'm too interested in the actual sets since the only Monk-oriented set I've seen has been geared towards using 2-handers which seem outright bad unless you stack CDR and AS.

If I got a SoJ and Gift I would be sitting at ~50-60% Lightning Damage (Gift for my Odin's Son) and could probably do T3-4 .

I got my monk to 100% lightning damage (haven't found an Odin's Son yet) but then I switched to holy with SWK and it shits all over my lightning monk. The 3000% weapon dmg proc is crazy. I think I'm going to switch back to lightning though because I absolutely don't like the play style of SWK. I was thinking of trying to play with 6p Raiment but I haven't found a Jawbreaker yet. I don't think I'd enjoy playing that either, it seems a bit weird especially when fighting rift guardians.

I got my monk to 100% lightning damage (haven't found an Odin's Son yet) but then I switched to holy with SWK and it shits all over my lightning monk. The 3000% weapon dmg proc is crazy. I think I'm going to switch back to lightning though because I absolutely don't like the play style of SWK. I was thinking of trying to play with 6p Raiment but I haven't found a Jawbreaker yet. I don't think I'd enjoy playing that either, it seems a bit weird especially when fighting rift guardians.

I don't doubt that there are better builds, but I like the playstyle of Lightning-oriented builds (FoT + LTK + SW w/ Cyclone). I currently have a good head piece with 20% Lightning, Bracers with 15% Lightning, and an Odin Son that is 1 socket away from being amazing (damage rolls are excellent and the LD is 19% which is near perfect). If I could get the Gift, an Amulet with LD, and SoJ with LD, I would be at ~100% now that I think about it.

The thing that bothers me about monk is how strong SWK is over 6p Raimant. The fact that they increased the CD of the charge by 2 seconds for Dashing Strike just makes the set bonus pretty inconsequential in T6 unless you have Jawbreaker as you'll usually want to save it for a oh shit button. I mean I prefer lightning monk myself but the damage isn't there to do T6 and 25+ GRifts.

thuGG_pl

I see. I should try the Raekor build sometime. Seems nuts with Strongarms. I reckon Maximus is BiS for this type of build?

With the added base damage, int and crit chance I think 1Hs still come a bit short; 2H can reach 3700+ base damage. That's a lot. I use a source myself since my build relies on it, but if I happen to find a Furnace, oh boy... (found a few Maximus. Meh.)

I've done some testing last couple of days with Maximus, Sun Keeper and Devastator.
I've come up with conclusion that Maximus and Devastator + source are pretty close in terms of damage. But with 1h + source I get more survivability and I can drop one of the FB set elements in favor of something with fire dmg (I went for Cindercoat, I can spam Blizzard more often).
Didn't rally like the Sun Keeper, dmg to elites was similar to above, but mobs take longer to kill.
I'm waiting for my Furnace.

Tarazet

StMeph

Any good place to read up on what I should be putting into my character/what items I need, types of build etc?

The in-game GR Leaderboard is a good resource to see what the top builds for each class are. It tends to be pretty clearly obvious, because there's generally one build that's head and shoulders above the others for each class.

Shifty76

Any good place to read up on what I should be putting into my character/what items I need, types of build etc? The Monk that is. The 70 Crusader is not mine, the 36 is :( http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/38201292 Currently just adding anything that looks remotely good and not really keeping an eye out for stuff that could work towards a specific type of build.

I wrote up a general gearing guide for monks over on reddit (updated for 2.1): http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

Sunwuko builds are by FAR our strongest option right now. Generic lightning builds with good gear and LTK/pillars your generator will hit for ~10m, spenders for 20-30m and procs from Odyn/TF should be around the 20m range too.

With Raiment set and jawbreaker and good gear your Raiment proc can hit for 100-150m as often as you can keep DS charges up. Look forward to doing around zero dps if you ever miss / screw up though.

Sunwuko builds I can spit out 3-4 clones per second, each one doing 100-150m and I can keep that up more or less indefinitely, while also enjoying the active defensive/offensive bonus of whatever mantra I choose to spam.

I still laugh at Blizzard's comment on their design philosophy of buffing SWK over Raiment because "spamming one button is not the play style we want to encourage." Just as well SWK builds don't rely on spamming mantra/sw as fast as possible, to the point that most of the top players are using macros to avoid finger pain...

Nymerio

I don't doubt that there are better builds, but I like the playstyle of Lightning-oriented builds (FoT + LTK + SW w/ Cyclone). I currently have a good head piece with 20% Lightning, Bracers with 15% Lightning, and an Odin Son that is 1 socket away from being amazing (damage rolls are excellent and the LD is 19% which is near perfect). If I could get the Gift, an Amulet with LD, and SoJ with LD, I would be at ~100% now that I think about it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy lightning far more SWK it's just that the amount of gear you need for each spec is so different. It feels like I needed a lot of lightning items for it to be viable, while I could play SWK with basically three set items and a ring and maybe a little holy dmg.

I'll actually be going back to lightning because I enjoyed playing that a lot more than anything else.

Tom Penny

If they ever fix rainment I will be set. Hopefully someday so I can have some build diversity. Spamming a mantra all day isn't all that interesting. I think with certain gear I'm up to like 135% lightning damage so a fix would be nice.

Shifty76

If they ever fix rainment I will be set. Hopefully someday so I can have some build diversity. Spamming a mantra all day isn't all that interesting. I think with certain gear I'm up to like 135% lightning damage so a fix would be nice.

Supposedly their plan was to get all classes with one build that was more or less equal, which they've pretty much done (other than DH which is still way ahead) and the second part of the plan was to work on build diversity. Who knows when that phase is going to happen though.

I wrote up a general gearing guide for monks over on reddit (updated for 2.1): http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

Sunwuko builds are by FAR our strongest option right now. Generic lightning builds with good gear and LTK/pillars your generator will hit for ~10m, spenders for 20-30m and procs from Odyn/TF should be around the 20m range too.

With Raiment set and jawbreaker and good gear your Raiment proc can hit for 100-150m as often as you can keep DS charges up. Look forward to doing around zero dps if you ever miss / screw up though.

Sunwuko builds I can spit out 3-4 clones per second, each one doing 100-150m and I can keep that up more or less indefinitely, while also enjoying the active defensive/offensive bonus of whatever mantra I choose to spam.

I still laugh at Blizzard's comment on their design philosophy of buffing SWK over Raiment because "spamming one button is not the play style we want to encourage." Just as well SWK builds don't rely on spamming mantra/sw as fast as possible, to the point that most of the top players are using macros to avoid finger pain...

Incredible. I just got my monk up a few paragon levels and had one of the Raiments drop at T1 last night. At the moment, the only weapon that dropped for me last night was a Scourge with dexterity and socket. Hopefully that'll hold me until something better comes along.

eek5

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy lightning far more SWK it's just that the amount of gear you need for each spec is so different. It feels like I needed a lot of lightning items for it to be viable, while I could play SWK with basically three set items and a ring and maybe a little holy dmg.

I'll actually be going back to lightning because I enjoyed playing that a lot more than anything else.

I had like 130% lightning with full raiment set. It never really gets viable haha

They should've just changed the proc from DS to a generator or another spender and buffed the first two bonuses. Pretty unreal how bad they left it.

I'll probably stick to working on my barb now that I can do t6 rifts, right now I want a ranged character to mix it up and its a toss up between wizard and demon hunter. Next season I'll do a monk.

Tom Penny

Supposedly their plan was to get all classes with one build that was more or less equal, which they've pretty much done (other than DH which is still way ahead) and the second part of the plan was to work on build diversity. Who knows when that phase is going to happen though.

I think the problem with Monk is they don't even have a clear idea of what they think the class should be.

" In combat they emphasize high maneuverability over staying power darting in and out of melees and avoiding prolonged slugfests.

They can eliminate single foes with extreme damage or deliver short ranged area of effect assaults "

I would say that isn't really what they do now and not even remotely what they did initially..I mean dashing strike is great and makes sense for Monks.

t6 drops are insane.

Got a unity and another piece of raekor's so now I can put back on my leorics and get that sweet sweet cd reduction. Hopefully I can get a socket in this unity and then I can replace my crappy manald heal ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom