• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the DH- get the trapped, enforcer, and powerful gems. It is now optimal to use 3 spenders- EA, CA, and MS. Bows are now optimal since their speed allows you to reach higher sentry attack speed break points. Etrayu is the best bow with its cold dmg % mod. Hellfire Amulet is bis if you can roll a good one.

Thanks for the response :)

Do you make hellfire amulets the same way as you make hellfire rings? Becuase.... those things are a nightmare.

Also, Etrayu is probably the bow I've salvaged the most as a DH. But I never got one with a good dmg roll anyways.

What does your DH look like right now?

ferr

Thanks for the response :)

Do you make hellfire amulets the same way as you make hellfire rings? Becuase.... those things are a nightmare.

Also, Etrayu is probably the bow I've salvaged the most as a DH. But I never got one with a good dmg roll anyways.

What does your DH look like right now?

Pretty sure hellfire amulet/ring use the same organs, but I've never bothered with the ring in 2.0. You just need to get the four organs from ubers for an amulet. I wouldn't get too into it, it's very time consuming and the amulets usually come out with bad rolls. It's common to use any dex/chd/chc amulet.

I'm still using a 2hxbow http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 I have a solid windforce that could take me to the 2.16bp, but I haven't made the switch yet. Still no TnT as well, crappy luck. That said I'm able to get through a T6 rift easily within about 6 minutes and have little desire to do grifts at the moment.

iirate

So, just how good is T&T for DHs right now? I'm asking because I have an extremely bad pair(40% attack speed, good dex, vit, loh, middling crit dmg) that dropped for my monk, and I know how rare they are. If I ever roll an alt DH, will those be of any use?

So, just how good is T&T for DHs right now? I'm asking because I have an extremely bad pair(40% attack speed, good dex, vit, loh, middling crit dmg) that dropped for my monk, and I know how rare they are. If I ever roll an alt DH, will those be of any use?

TnT are pretty much a must have. You'll have a hard time getting to the good breakpoints without em. 40% roll is really unfortunate but even then it's probably worth it, though you'll have to do the math yourself: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945884471

But what are the stats on it? You name as (which it always rolls) but also dex, vit, loh and CritD, that's 5, one too many. Either way you should try to reroll Loh or vit to CritC.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Kadala finally put out:

bNf9FNd.jpg

Nokterian

Why are they doing maintenance tonight at 22:00 here in the EU? It doesn't make sense because it is at the peak of people playing here.

ferr

Kadala finally put out:

Grats. I need one!

Good enough that every(?) DH in the ranking's top 1,000 uses TnT. It is capable of easily getting sentry from 2.5 attacks per second to 3.33 aps. It will put you so far over the 3.33aps mark that you can begin removing +attack speed from your gear and add things like +chd while still maintaining 3.33aps.

iirate

TnT are pretty much a must have. You'll have a hard time getting to the good breakpoints without em. 40% roll is really unfortunate but even then it's probably worth it, though you'll have to do the math yourself: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945884471

But what are the stats on it? You name as (which it always rolls) but also dex, vit, loh and CritD, that's 5, one too many. Either way you should try to reroll Loh or vit to CritC.

Sorry, was going completely off of memory, but now that I've double checked them, it's even worse:

634 Dex
6% IAS
LoH
Resource Reduction

...then the 40% pet AS as I mentioned before. I guess I reroll the resource reduction for crit or crit damage, depending on what I need more of, but I was basically just wondering if these were good enough at all to hold on to. It sounds like the answer is yes, thanks y'all.

Rolling a new char.

Barb or Crusader? Haven't played as either yet.

I like barb but t6 gameplay has been mostly dying if I engage anything with electrified (with 70+% resists and double unity, no pride of cassius yet though). Crusader might fair better with their shields and prophet on ahkarrat but I think in general melee are at a slight disadvantage.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I like barb but t6 gameplay has been mostly dying if I engage anything with electrified (with 70+% resists and double unity, no pride of cassius yet though). Crusader might fair better with their shields and prophet on ahkarrat but I think in general melee are at a slight disadvantage.

i am currently rolling with a barb with the earth set. i kinda leap in and out of battle. but still die few times on T4.

Ayumi

So how do I join the NeoGaf clan?

Due to a long story about activity and amount of members, there is now a requirement for being Paragon 100 (non-seasonal) or above to join. If you reach this requirement, feel free to send an invite! But don't forget to quote this reply with your Battle ID so we know who you are in D3. I won't be able to accept until I know.

You can also join the community ("GAF") which has no requirements. I suggest you join both since not everyone is in the clan. :3

Sorry, was going completely off of memory, but now that I've double checked them, it's even worse:

634 Dex
6% IAS
LoH
Resource Reduction

...then the 40% pet AS as I mentioned before. I guess I reroll the resource reduction for crit or crit damage, depending on what I need more of, but I was basically just wondering if these were good enough at all to hold on to. It sounds like the answer is yes, thanks y'all.

It's all about the breakpoints, man. Check out this post and determine if they are good for you with your current gear. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945884471

Xeteh

I'm curious how you guys go about gearing up.

My WD is geared enough for Torment 4 but I'm a bit slower than I'd like. When I first got the character to 70 I ran a ton of rifts on my Crusader to get Blood Shards so I have a load of Keystones. So my strategy has been to run through GRifts up until around 20-24 then bank the keys for future use and repeat.

Is there are more efficient way to gear up that I can do solo? I don't know any WD players to share gear with and Kadala is basically Satan.

My WD is geared enough for Torment 4 but I'm a bit slower than I'd like. When I first got the character to 70 I ran a ton of rifts on my Crusader to get Blood Shards so I have a load of Keystones. So my strategy has been to run through GRifts up until around 20-24 then bank the keys for future use and repeat.

Is there are more efficient way to gear up that I can do solo? I don't know any WD players to share gear with and Kadala is basically Satan.

Regular T6 rifts is the best way to gear up. "Typically" more legs and shards per rift.

i am currently rolling with a barb with the earth set. i kinda leap in and out of battle. but still die few times on T4.

I'd like to give leapquake a try. Looking through the overall grift scoreboards, barbs have ranked higher than crusaders (both raekor builds), but there seems to be way more crusaders on the board, and barely any monks. All three of these classes are destroyed by Wizard and DH presence on the board though.

Man I need to find my vileward soon. Found another unity though, but I'm out of freakin topaz's now. After vileward, need raekor's leggings & the lightning amulet before I'll be satisfied with my setup. Oh and a gift so I can finally get 10% damage on my weapon.

Ayumi

The fastest way would be to find a group repeat T6 rifts with. Then you get both loot AND shards. There are many people in the clan & the community who are probably up for doing this sometimes. You can also do bounty runs on normal mode if you need more keys and can't find anyone to play with (the "Bounty Runz" community is pretty good though and obviously way faster than doing it solo). They're pretty straight forward in the community, so no need to feel like you don't wanna play with strangers. Most of them are there to do speed runs and earn keys/bags fast, so they're not easy on idlers (which is good, if you want to be effective).

nikos

Finally hit 70 with my Demon Hunter so I need to learn how to play properly.

I'm currently using the following:

R2 - Rapid fire.
Triangle - Bat companion for instant hatred replenish.
Circle -Sentry gun.
R1- Shadow beasts
Square - The ability that heals as you do damage.
X - The single arrow that replenishes hatred, Forgot the name of it.

While this burns enemies quickly, I doubt it's what I should be doing. Also, I'm getting hit HARD in Act V on Master, almost one-shotted.

Any skill/paragon/anything recommendations would be much appreciated. I'm going to start doing some research as well. Act V will be done in another 20 minutes of gameplay. What should I focus on after?

Thanks!

Dahbomb

How is Scy still an officer on the clan? Haven't seen him play in a long time.

Also my services are available as an Officer. I am pretty much on vacation for a month so lots of free time to do D3 clan related stuff.

Xeteh

The fastest way would be to find a group repeat T6 rifts with. Then you get both loot AND shards. There are many people in the clan & the community who are probably up for doing this sometimes. You can also do bounty runs on normal mode if you need more keys and can't find anyone to play with (the "Bounty Runz" community is pretty good though and obviously way faster than doing it solo). They're pretty straight forward in the community, so no need to feel like you don't wanna play with strangers. Most of them are there to do speed runs and earn keys/bags fast, so they're not easy on idlers (which is good, if you want to be effective).

Keys aren't really an issue but I'd feel bad joining a bunch of randoms if I don't feel like my character can really hold its own in T6. I'm playing a pet build right now but I can't imagine it'd fare to well in group T6 rift. I guess I could go Grin Reaper and have my mimics spam Mass Confusion with Addling Frogs.

eek5

season or non season? best way is to run t6 with a group, preferably composed of geared players of the class you're trying to get drops from so they can feed you items that are garbage to them

634 Dex
6% IAS
LoH
Resource Reduction

Damn that's about as bad as a roll as you can get :/

Yeh do the math and see if you can reach a better breakpoint with these (still highly likely). If not, shun them for now :p

Celegus

Keys aren't really an issue but I'd feel bad joining a bunch of randoms if I don't feel like my character can really hold its own in T6. I'm playing a pet build right now but I can't imagine it'd fare to well in group T6 rift. I guess I could go Grin Reaper and have my mimics spam Mass Confusion with Addling Frogs.

I don't mind at all if you see me in a game or want to get a group started (same name on battlenet). I can faceroll T6 and would much rather have the company even if you're slightly less geared than me. I mostly play crusader/barb though, which won't help you out a lot with gear. I haven't seen many WDs around lately though, 80% of people seem to be DH these days.

Edit: I don't play seasons though, if that's where you are.

Xeteh

season or non season? best way is to run t6 with a group, preferably composed of geared players of the class you're trying to get drops from so they can feed you items that are garbage to them

I'm playing season. I just don't want to impose on people I don't know when I'm not in much a position to carry my own weight.

Ayumi

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume people are talking about non-season whenever they mention something that should've been clarified with season or non-season. ._.

StMeph

Tasker and Theo alone tends to be worth about +2 breakpoints for DHs, worth something like a 40% DPS increase.

As a DH, your priorities should be:

1. Marauder 6-piece bonus
2. Bombadier's Rucksack
3. Tasker and Theo

You don't need a Kridershot or Etrayu, those are just win-more items. Any relevant neck or bracers will do. Witching Hour is pure luxury. But those three things are absolutely key to end-game DH DPS.

Xeteh

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume people are talking about non-season whenever they mention something that should've been clarified with season or non-season. ._.

My mistake. Since I was just asking for advice it didn't cross my mind to specify!

eek5

I'm playing season. I just don't want to impose on people I don't know when I'm not in much a position to carry my own weight.

Monster health only goes up by 50% per player so if you can offset that stuff just on buffs alone.

Piranhado (+CC) for 15% dmg, Gem of Efficacious Toxin for 10% buff, strongarms (20-30% procted from piranhado) if you have it, BBV slam dance (20% attack speed, 30% dmg boost).. use grave injustice and toad mojo to keep cd low, stack CDR if you can.

If you have grin reaper use that and you can cast 3x prianhado. If you run grin they also cast horrify and mass confusion

KarmaCow

I'm running a Lightning build on my Monk mostly because a helm with a 25% Lightning boost and recently had the Eye of Etlich drop.

po9HhOM.jpg

Can I make it work? I spent a little time with it and I felt like I was doing comparable damage despite the almost 40% damage drop according to the quick in-game comparison. What should I re-roll on the Eye to maybe salvage it for the 16% Lightning boost? My skills are cooldown heavy which is why I'm wondering between the raw damage boost and the cooldown reduction affixes. The max CHD is 50% (I think) and I'm running with ~25% Crit + ~300% CHD.

iirate

I'm running a Lightning build on my Monk mostly because a helm with a 25% Lightning boost and recently had the Eye of Etlich drop.

po9HhOM.jpg

Can I make it work? I spent a little time with it and I felt like I was doing comparable damage despite the almost 40% damage drop according to the quick in-game comparison. What should I re-roll on the Eye to maybe salvage it for the 16% Lightning boost? My skills are cooldown heavy which is why I'm wondering between the raw damage boost and the cooldown reduction affixes. The max CHD is 50% (I think) and I'm running with ~25% Crit + ~300% CHD.

Honestly, your Gorget is much better. Just reroll the resist all into Lightning Damage.

EDIT: ...or a socket. Thanks Celegus.

Celegus

I'd keep the old one and turn that resistance into a socket (or lightning damage if you don't have gems leveled up yet). I wouldn't waste the materials on that Eye of Etlich.

Dahbomb

You salvage that garbage Eye of Etlitch and you roll the Gorget All resistance stat into a Socket and put a Golgok of Swiftness in it that has 25 rank. That will give you 15% CDR and 15% IAS, far better stats than the Eye can ever give you.

The only problem is rolling the Gorget as its a lvl59 item, you would need to have some Brimstones in hand.

Sajjaja

Due to a long story about activity and amount of members, there is now a requirement for being Paragon 100 (non-seasonal) or above to join. If you reach this requirement, feel free to send an invite! But don't forget to quote this reply with your Battle ID so we know who you are in D3. I won't be able to accept until I know.

You can also join the community ("GAF") which has no requirements. I suggest you join both since not everyone is in the clan. :3
Whenever I search for GAF in the clans, I only see GAFO, which is the GAF Overflow clan or something.
I'm only paragon 93 right now so I guess I'll have to grind up a bit more.

Xeteh

Monster health only goes up by 50% per player so if you can offset that stuff just on buffs alone.

Piranhado (+CC) for 15% dmg, Gem of Efficacious Toxin for 10% buff, strongarms (20-30% procted from piranhado) if you have it, BBV slam dance (20% attack speed, 30% dmg boost).. use grave injustice and toad mojo to keep cd low, stack CDR if you can.

If you have grin reaper use that and you can cast 3x prianhado. If you run grin they also cast horrify and mass confusion

Okay yeah, I'll give that a go. I don't have Strongarm sadly but I do have Grin and Rhen'ho so I'll give that a shot. Well, at least when the servers let me log on.

Thanks for all the advice people.

Btw I sent a request to the NA GAF Community if anyone here can accept those. Xeteh#1490

eek5

Okay yeah, I'll give that a go. I don't have Strongarm sadly but I do have Grin and Rhen'ho so I'll give that a shot. Well, at least when the servers let me log on.

Thanks for all the advice people.

Btw I sent a request to the NA GAF Community if anyone here can accept those. Xeteh#1490

You can run addling toads w/ rhen'ho and grin w/ nado. CC for days.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Finally got hexing pants from kadala, last piece that I needed for the barb physical WW build. It's so fun just sprinting across the map and steamrolling t6 in under 5 minutes, gotta go fast!

I'm still using a 2hxbow http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 I have a solid windforce that could take me to the 2.16bp, but I haven't made the switch yet. Still no TnT as well, crappy luck. That said I'm able to get through a T6 rift easily within about 6 minutes and have little desire to do grifts at the moment.

Cold? Is that for cull of the weak? It's also weird seeing sockets on gems being so important.

6 minutes for T6 seems pretty damn impressive. I don't think I was ever able to beat 12 minutes. My average was probably 15-20. But this was before the sentry attack speed buff I guess. I do have taskers but was saving them for a physical build (which I never really completed).

I'll have to hop on tonight to see how my DH is performing.

KarmaCow

I'm kinda annoyed having sub70 gear which is why I was trying to make the Eye work but that Gorget is just too good. :/

Thanks for the advice, I haven't got any good legendary gems yet so I'll save the reroll for later.

Insaniac

on a wizard what should i be putting paragon points into, resist all?

You should have a 10:1 ratio of armor to resist all, so you want to be putting points into armor% first. I generally put my second round of points int life%, but that really all depends on how much life total you have anyways.

Dahbomb

I don't mean dropped from the clan but with Raticus not being available that means the officers have to step up to hold down the clan.

Anyway Scy what's good man, didn't see you at all for 2.1 launch. Everything fine?

scy

Was more just thinking I can be removed if room needs to be made, unless they changed clan caps or there's not a full clan.

And I haven't played since ... uh, awhile. Playing FFXIV atm :x

Omega

Banned
You should have a 10:1 ratio of armor to resist all, so you want to be putting points into armor% first. I generally put my second round of points int life%, but that really all depends on how much life total you have anyways.

thanks.

is there a reason stuff should be in a ratio? awhile back i saw crit chance/damage was on a 1:10 ratio or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom