• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing again for the first time in ages, I was worried that I'd hate grinding bounties again. But the 1 key per rift change is brilliant.

As for Wizards, is hydra really worth the loss of a main attack? Why is Blizzard so good now? Or is that because it has a fire rune? Are wizards going 1H + source or 2H now?

cdyhybrid

After playing again for the first time in ages, I was worried that I'd hate grinding bounties again. But the 1 key per rift change is brilliant.

As for Wizards, is hydra really worth the loss of a main attack? Why is Blizzard so good now? Or is that because it has a fire rune? Are wizards going 1H + source or 2H now?

Wizards typically use Hydra and Blizzard to help stack the Firebird set DOT on mobs.

Ketch

Dropped my manaled heal with staggered damage gem for my RoRG and now i've got 4 piece inna's and 3 piece blackthrones, working on crafting aughilids. gogok with flying dragon and WotHF with blazing fists rune is silly fun attack speed. Is there an upper limit?

cdyhybrid

Leveling up a seasonal Crusader! My non-seasonal one was running a Gyrfalcon Blessed Shield build at T5 or so, hopefully this one can get to T6 and high GRs before the end of the season.

Edit: So when leveling up in Adventure Mode, is it faster (to level up) to just run to the bounty and do it quickly to get the bonus EXP? Or will I level faster if I kill everything on the way?

thuGG_pl

So my gear is pretty stuck at this point until I get The Furnace (or a really good Sun Keeper):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/51704003

I don't think I can progress past gr35 with Maximus as rift guardians simply have too much hp and there is too much RNG for Maximus spawning.

Outside of The Furnace or Sun Keeper, I've been toying with the idea of using a Mirrorball build again with upgrading to a super high Simplicity's Strength gem. Would this be better than the Toxin gem and a high 2hr weapon (taking advantage of weapon dmg)?

Maximus is nice for clearing out trash because it seems to spawn more consistently with a lot of mobs around. With a Mirrorball build though, you could get the Maximus fire chain crits from your MM more reliably. I guess the problem would be figuring out what slot to give up in the skill department, which would be Hydra. You would then lose out on Hydra damage + fire chain dmg, so that would have to be a pretty huge net gain.

Simplicity's Strength scales pretty well in terms of gem upgrading though (0.5% each upgrade), so it seems easier to catch up in damage.

This is probably a terrible idea, just theorycrafting for something to shoot for since I won't be seeing The Furnace anytime soon :(. I feel terrible wasting Kadala shards on it, especially since Sun Keeper and Furnace are in different groups. Would be nice to have something to shoot for instead of just that one singular item. I am tempted to try and get a perfectly rolled Strongarm Bracers so that I could re-roll a secondary into 6% melee reduction. The physical resistance on mine might be just as good, however.

As a side note, I am also tempted to upgrade Moratorium too so that you can get a pretty high duration going. Might be able to substitute out String of Ears for something like Witching Hour once you can stagger the damage duration.

Strange that you're not using Hexing Pants. I think it's better that Magefist, it gives you 25% dmg + resource regen. It will be bettert than +20% fire dmg.
Also, why not use mirror image? They cast black hole, so it should work nicely with Strongarm Bracers.

ElyrionX

After just a couple of weeks, I think I am done with 2.1 lol. It was fun playing my Wiz main again and the skills were nicely revamped. But she was already well-geared prior to 2.1 so there wasn't much farming to be done.

I then played the DH and it was great too. I liked the M6 sentry build. But at this point, the only item I really want is a Krider and I know that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm really loving this game now and everyday I'm eager to get off work and race home to do rift runs and greater rift runs. In a way, I think this is like raiding in WOW. My buddies love WOW and I could never commit enough time to the game, but now with the greater rifts in D3, they have brought a design element from WOW and incorporated it into D3 through greater rifts. I hope that Blizz continues to support D3 with new content, expansion packs, dungeons, items, etc.

iirate

Did GRifts with a friend for an hour and a half this morning, and got Furnace, Hexing Pants, a Julia's Cameo for my wizard, and a Warstaff of General Quang for Hexwuko farming.

Ayumi

Strange that you're not using Hexing Pants. I think it's better that Magefist, it gives you 25% dmg + resource regen. It will be bettert than +20% fire dmg.
Also, why not use mirror image? They cast black hole, so it should work nicely with Strongarm Bracers.

Eh? Constant fire damage increase is far more reliable and important than resource re-gen. Fire damage is essential for his build, and should be as high as possible. Also Mirror Image does not do the same amount of damage as Black Hole. It's not even fire damage. While having a high amount of fire damage, Black Hole will do great with Strongarms, especially when using Bazar for more fire. So Black Hole with Strongarms will be way better for his build than Mirror Image (including any rune).

Edit: Btw, Mirror Images don't trigger strongarms or proc because they're considered "pets".

Celegus

Boulder charge is fine, but, I will tell you the biggest reason it doesn't get used: Ignore Pain and Battle Rage synergy. Something most high end Raekor barbarians are doing right now is picking the rune that causes IP to give 5k LPFS and then using Battle Rage as a healing skill. Without any LPFS on your gear Battle Rage will still heal you for ~105k hp per shout. Since you aren't doing anything else with your rage and you cap it every single charge it works amazingly. As mentioned before Raekor is heavily dependent on CDR, so, with Pride of Cassius and even modest CDR you can easily have around 60-70% uptime on IP, which means you can heal yourself constantly. It's a very powerful skill combination. Doing T6 you obviously don't need the extra heal, but, it becomes invaluable as you move up GRs.

Also just in general sadly boulder toss runs into the single target problem as well. Outside of the few bosses that have consistent adds Charge is only going to generate 25 fury on bosses which is unfortunate.

Ugh, yeah I tried it out on a GR30 last night and it was rubbish. Great for T6 but that's about it. Pretty sure most of my RG damage came from the Maximus fire chains, so those really hurt to lose. I still don't have that belt and only have physical Strongarm's though. I've tried all kinds of stuff on my barb lately, but can't find something that really clicks with me. I'm just gonna shelve him for a while and work on my wizard next.

joesmokey

People have done tests with the Hexing Pants and they have pretty much come to the conclusion that they're not worth the effort. It's unclear whether or not they actually work with the Firebird dot, though it is clear that you suffer the dmg loss while standing still regardless. Rather than worrying about the dmg bonus that may or may not get applied correctly to the Firebird dot, people don't bother.

Mirror Images I don't think are worth giving up a slot for anything. Teleport is too valuable for making up time in long rifts (as well as escaping) and Hydra is one of the main damage sources. I tried it for awhile over Teleport, however I didn't like the play style at all. It is nice being able to get out of snares with it still, however it doesn't help you get out of bad situations.

I'm trying new build ideas with Bane of the Trapped instead of Powerful. It seems that most high end wizards have switched over to Trapped, as the damage from the extra CC is necessary for RG. By the time you fight high RG, the Powerful affix wears off and you're left with only the 15% elite damage. Trapped can get you a bit more after upgrading.

I also didn't realize that Conflagrate wasn't as desirable in the Firebird build, since it doesn't add much. I switched it out for Evocation and enjoy being able to cast Black Hole more frequently.

It also seems like some wizards have started to swap out Blur with Glass Cannon, with the reasoning being that if you're going to get two shot anyway, might as well do more damage. I'm not quite comfortable with using this in gr35+ attempts, though it is nice to use in the lower stages.

People have done tests with the Hexing Pants and they have pretty much come to the conclusion that they're not worth the effort. It's unclear whether or not they actually work with the Firebird dot, though it is clear that you suffer the dmg loss while standing still regardless. Rather than worrying about the dmg bonus that may or may not get applied correctly to the Firebird dot, people don't bother.

Mirror Images I don't think are worth giving up a slot for anything. Teleport is too valuable for making up time in long rifts (as well as escaping) and Hydra is one of the main damage sources. I tried it for awhile over Teleport, however I didn't like the play style at all. It is nice being able to get out of snares with it still, however it doesn't help you get out of bad situations.

I'm trying new build ideas with Bane of the Trapped instead of Powerful. It seems that most high end wizards have switched over to Trapped, as the damage from the extra CC is necessary for RG. By the time you fight high RG, the Powerful affix wears off and you're left with only the 15% elite damage. Trapped can get you a bit more after upgrading.

I also didn't realize that Conflagrate wasn't as desirable in the Firebird build, since it doesn't add much. I switched it out for Evocation and enjoy being able to cast Black Hole more frequently.

It also seems like some wizards have started to swap out Blur with Glass Cannon, with the reasoning being that if you're going to get two shot anyway, might as well do more damage. I'm not quite comfortable with using this in gr35+ attempts, though it is nice to use in the lower stages.

Once I get a Unity I am absolutely going to swap out Blur for Glass Cannon.

thuGG_pl

Holy sh*t. I didn't know that Hexing Pants doesn't work (or at least have some complicated mechanic). I'm googling it right now and it seems you are right.
So I'll be able to put my Cindercoat, which is awesome because it drastically reduces AP cost.

I also didn't know that BH from mirror images don't trigger Strongarm Bracers.
Thanks for the info.

As for Glass Cannon and Blur, I have both so far it's working good (with Unity + follower - GR 33). I also dropped Hydra for Magic Weapon, seems to be working, but needs more testing.

EDIT:
As for Bane of the Trapped, I'm not sure about this. How long RG will be under BH effect? Half the time maybe? With Bane of the Powerful you get constant 15% more dmg to elites, and there is a big chance RG to spawn just after killing an elite. So you'll get over a minute with 20% dmg increase. And second affix is useless.

EDIT2:
Is it worth using 22% Sun Keeper instead of 20% fire Devastator? You gain a tiny bit dmg against elites, but loose a lot against mobs.

Eh? Constant fire damage increase is far more reliable and important than resource re-gen. Fire damage is essential for his build, and should be as high as possible. Also Mirror Image does not do the same amount of damage as Black Hole. It's not even fire damage. While having a high amount of fire damage, Black Hole will do great with Strongarms, especially when using Bazar for more fire. So Black Hole with Strongarms will be way better for his build than Mirror Image (including any rune).

Edit: Btw, Mirror Images don't trigger strongarms or proc because they're considered "pets".

Yeah, but Hex Pants not only increases resource regen but also DMG in a big way, but as they don't work with FB DOT, better to have 20% fire dmg.
Also I didn'd suggest to drop BH for Mirror Image.

ZenaxPure

Ugh, yeah I tried it out on a GR30 last night and it was rubbish. Great for T6 but that's about it. Pretty sure most of my RG damage came from the Maximus fire chains, so those really hurt to lose. I still don't have that belt and only have physical Strongarm's though. I've tried all kinds of stuff on my barb lately, but can't find something that really clicks with me. I'm just gonna shelve him for a while and work on my wizard next.

Well I mean, unless you are trying for super high end 40+ GR solo you can always just stick with WW or Leapquake. Highest Leapquake barb has hit GR 38 (though it's been a while since i checked, not sure if that ever went higher) and WW is GR 35. They're both still pretty strong despite everyone focusing on Raekor right now.

Mordeccai

Feel free to message me in-game guys if you need into the Community or want to request an invite to the Clan (which is 138 of 150 members as of this post).

IceMarker#1172

JohnKimble#1134 reporting for duty :p

I play a lot more than a post, but I lurk the thread daily. Would appreciate being considered for the clan!

KorrZ

Man, some of the Greater Rifts are just bullshit. What is it with the huge maps with almost no elites on them? It's pretty frustrating when you fail a rift not because you're struggling AT ALL but because you're spending 90% of the time just walking around with nothing to fight.

I had a rift last night where I went through 8 floors and was only 3/4ths of the way to the rift guardian...no chance.....

w4ttsup

Man, some of the Greater Rifts are just bullshit. What is it with the huge maps with almost no elites on them? It's pretty frustrating when you fail a rift not because you're struggling AT ALL but because you're spending 90% of the time just walking around with nothing to fight.

I had a rift last night where I went through 8 floors and was only 3/4ths of the way to the rift guardian...no chance.....

Absolutely agree.

I think they need to add in gold and breakables to greater rifts for those of us that use speed bonus based on picking up gold, breaking stuff, etc.

I do prefer the rifts that are mostly direct lines from start to finish, but for the more open levels, it can be almost impossible at times to find elites in a timely fashion.

Celegus

Yeah it's pretty crappy sometimes. I'm not sure what kind of algorithm is used to determine density, but it really needs to be more consistent in GRs. I've had some where I didn't even find a single normal monster for over 30 seconds into the first floor. Just a ghost town. The one I did last night was really empty on the first two floors, and both floors had the stupid flying angels when I would finally find something. Topped it off with my least favorite RG for melee, Blighter.

This was what I was most worried about when these rifts were first announced. Putting a time limit on something that is totally out of your control to complete quickly is just.... dumb.

I did get a vault last night though (first time playing in months and the game throws that at me). So much gold! Too bad I was playing on T5 to warm up.... so it wasn't as good as it could have been :(

Ayumi

Absolutely agree.

I think they need to add in gold and breakables to greater rifts for those of us that use speed bonus based on picking up gold, breaking stuff, etc.

I do prefer the rifts that are mostly direct lines from start to finish, but for the more open levels, it can be almost impossible at times to find elites in a timely fashion.
There are breakables though, at least on certain maps. I use the Wristguards that boost my speed when I crush stuff, and it really helps me in Greater Rifts. But they won't ever add gold or loot (aside from RG) in Greater Rifts. Same as why the community leg boost was only added to rifts and not bounties; they want us to use all the aspects of the game and mix things up. I like it this way, it takes longer to get bored for the day.

Bombless

There are breakables though, at least on certain maps. I use the Wristguards that boost my speed when I crush stuff, and it really helps me in Greater Rifts. But they won't ever add gold or loot (aside from RG) in Greater Rifts. Same as why the community leg boost was only added to rifts and not bounties; they want us to use all the aspects of the game and mix things up. I like it this way, it takes longer to get bored for the day.

Doesn't Hoarder drop gold in GRifts?

Firemind

Yeah it's pretty crappy sometimes. I'm not sure what kind of algorithm is used to determine density, but it really needs to be more consistent in GRs. I've had some where I didn't even find a single normal monster for over 30 seconds into the first floor. Just a ghost town. The one I did last night was really empty on the first two floors, and both floors had the stupid flying angels when I would finally find something. Topped it off with my least favorite RG for melee, Blighter.
That's why I use Aether Walker honestly.

Every crusader should use phantom horse too in grifts.

Dahbomb

Blizzard recently did say that they are going to be tuning GR density again.

The higher you go the more problematic it becomes.

eek5

Yeah it sucks. I'd like to see them try fixed layouts/spawns and see a time-based leaderboard or something. Would be cool to strategize.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Yeah it sucks. I'd like to see them try fixed layouts/spawns and see a time-based leaderboard or something. Would be cool to strategize.

I understand doing a time-based thing for the rift guardian, but the loot drop on the rift guardian should be huge if you beat it under the time limit.

If the time limit is reached, it should still track your time of how long it takes you to complete it and the loot can be say...less rewarding if you didn't beat the rift guardian in time.

Dahbomb

a daily challenge system similar to spelunky's would be rad.
D3 is actually Blizzard's only game of this generation that doesn't actually have a Daily Quest system.

They should probably make that it's own thing/mode though. I don't think Blizzard will do that for GRs but it will be cool to see them try it.

It would also help people trying out different builds to be a solid test environment as everything is static. Environments, enemy placements, enemy density/type etc.

Xeteh

So I found a Carnevil and Dagger of Darts while doing T6 rifts yesterday. After around 3-4k Shards I gambled a Zuni chest. I sadly have to use the Zuni ring because I haven't found a Mojo yet but I've been messing around with the Carnevil build and holy crap is it fun. Darts for daaaaaaays.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Quick question, I dont get to play as much as I would like to attaining top gear is tough, especially since I can not do T6. So my question is, what is the least gear dependent build for T6?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Quick question, I dont get to play as much as I would like to attaining top gear is tough, especially since I can not do T6. So my question is, what is the least gear dependent build for T6?

Which class are you playing?

Most efficient t6 clears will require you to have some sort of base set (firebird's for wizards, earthquake/raekor for barbs, sunwuko/lightning for monks, akkan's for crusader). The good news is set items have a pretty damn high droprate this patch, and you can also roll blood shards for them. So honestly, if you're new and haven't made a character yet, pick the class that looks to be the most fun for you and just start hunting those set items; I know plenty of peeps that got their full set in 2-3 days of moderate play.

Most efficient t6 clears will require you to have some sort of base set (firebird's for wizards, earthquake/raekor for barbs, sunwuko/lightning for monks, akkan's for crusader). The good news is set items have a pretty damn high droprate this patch, and you can also roll blood shards for them. So honestly, if you're new and haven't made a character yet, pick the class that looks to be the most fun for you and just start hunting those set items; I know plenty of peeps that got their full set in 2-3 days of moderate play.

2-3 days of moderate play? Geez, I'm still hunting for SWK and have not had luck with Kadala even on T3.

Dahbomb

I don't know what's the least gear dependent build but try to make up a build using the crafted sets + RoRG. It probably won't be able to do T6 but it can get you up to speed pretty quickly.

That means investing in Aughilds set, Asheara set and maybe even Borns/Cain set.

An example that I can provide is the Wreath of Lightning Monk build:

Legendary Gems (All very easy to acquire): Golgok of Swiftness, Wreath of Lightning, Bane of Powerful/Bane of Trapped

RoRG = Very easy to farm from Act 1 bounties

Crafted Sets:

Aughild's Chest, Aughild's Bracers = 3 piece bonus
Asheara's Gloves, Boots = 3 piece bonus
Born's weapon, Born's Shoulders = 3 piece bonus
Captain Crimson's Belt, Pants = 3 piece bonus

Get an Amulet with Socket, Lightning damage, double Crit (Damage/Chance)

Get an extra Ring with trifecta stats including attack speed

Get an extra weapon that does lightning damage (Odyn Son, Thunderfury, Whom Khim Lau, Fulminator, Shard of Hate) or Elite damage (Sun Keeper)

Helm: Andariel Visage Lightning roll, Eye of the Storm, Madstone, Leoric's Crown, Law of Seph.

Skills:

Fist of Thunder (Lightning rune of your choice) or Way of Hundred Fist - Lightning fists - Use whatever Lightning generator you want really.

Epiphany - Desert Shroud or the one that gives you increased Spirit regen. This makes you very tankable and allows you to spam additional skills. The CDR from your gear will allow you to have more uptime.

Lashing Tail Kick Scorpion Sting or Wall of Light (Lightning Rune) - Your main Spirit spender skill. Dump your Spirit on this move when you are full on Spirit.

Exploding Palm - Shocking Grasp : Gives you two Exploding Palms to destroy mobs with. Option skill though.

Sweeping Wind - Cyclone : Adds additional damage when you are just attacking with your spirit generator

Mantra you want to pick based on what you need. More damage needed then you need Mantra of Conviction, more tankability than you need Salvation or Healing. I recommend either Conviction or Salvation.

You can consider to use Seven Sided Strike - Sudden Assault if you have Mad Stone Helm. Also consider Dashing Strike for mobility or additional attack speed and Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace for more damage/survivability or Blinding Flash for crowd control + more damage (especially if you have Law of Seph).

Passives: Sieze the Initiative, 6th Sense, Harmony, Alacrity, Relentless assault, Determination, Unity are all good passives.

This can do T4-T5 probably but beyond that you want better items. Depending on items you can start swapping out for stuff like Depth Diggers, Thundergod's Vigor, Witching Hour, Stone of Jordan, Ancient Parthan Defenders, Flying Dragon, Blackthornes, Raiment set, SWK set etc.

StMeph

Depends on your class. Usually, before getting set pieces or build-defining items, crafted sets and legendaries are good placeholders because Legendaries have more/higher roll ranges than Rares for affixes. Aughild's, Cain's, whatever legendaries you have.

Also might as well run A1 bounties for a Ring of Royal Grandeur. It's the easiest top-end item to get now.

2-3 days of moderate play? Geez, I'm still hunting for SWK and have not had luck with Kadala even on T3.

Difficulty has no impact on Kadala's drop rates.

eek5

So I found a Carnevil and Dagger of Darts while doing T6 rifts yesterday. After around 3-4k Shards I gambled a Zuni chest. I sadly have to use the Zuni ring because I haven't found a Mojo yet but I've been messing around with the Carnevil build and holy crap is it fun. Darts for daaaaaaays.

Darts is a lot of fun. It's decently strong too but it doesn't scale up very far because of how quickly fetishes die in high GR.

Make sure you get ZEI's gem. I believe the bonus is distance from damage source. This works well w/ fetishes since you can hold position them while attacking. So if you get a long corridor you can absolutely blast fools by getting up to 30% dmg bonus on top of everything.

If you can farm out a overwhelming desire (amulet) from A3 caches you can probably even do more. 35% damage on charm and snake to the face (this is the skill you should be using) has a 1 proc rate so you should be buffing dmg on almost everythng straight line 35% on top of 30% all day! Add in bane of trapped for even more (snake to face stuns which counts i think). cash money!

I think my preferred build would be DoD / Carnevil + zunis. Overwhelming desire for amulet w/ shrine gloves (T6 rift clearing) or archew if you want to do grifts.

Zvolen12

Neo Member

I made a pet doctor which has been going well as I csn do T3-4 but finding those last pieces to push me any further are proving to be difficult without already being able to do T6. Ive been trying to obtain Zuni or Jade set with no luck and have certainly played more than 2-3 days.
I don't know what's the least gear dependent build but try to make up a build using the crafted sets + RoRG. It probably won't be able to do T6 but it can get you up to speed pretty quickly.

That means investing in Aughilds set, Asheara set and maybe even Borns/Cain set.

An example that I can provide is the Wreath of Lightning Monk build:

Legendary Gems (All very easy to acquire): Golgok of Swiftness, Wreath of Lightning, Bane of Powerful/Bane of Trapped

RoRG = Very easy to farm from Act 1 bounties

Crafted Sets:

Aughild's Chest, Aughild's Bracers = 3 piece bonus
Asheara's Gloves, Boots = 3 piece bonus
Born's weapon, Born's Shoulders = 3 piece bonus
Captain Crimson's Belt, Pants = 3 piece bonus

Get an Amulet with Socket, Lightning damage, double Crit (Damage/Chance)

Get an extra Ring with trifecta stats including attack speed

Get an extra weapon that does lightning damage (Odyn Son, Thunderfury, Whom Khim Lau, Fulminator, Shard of Hate) or Elite damage (Sun Keeper)

Helm: Andariel Visage Lightning roll, Eye of the Storm, Madstone, Leoric's Crown, Law of Seph.

Skills:

Fist of Thunder (Lightning rune of your choice) or Way of Hundred Fist - Lightning fists - Use whatever Lightning generator you want really.

Epiphany - Desert Shroud or the one that gives you increased Spirit regen. This makes you very tankable and allows you to spam additional skills. The CDR from your gear will allow you to have more uptime.

Lashing Tail Kick Scorpion Sting or Wall of Light (Lightning Rune) - Your main Spirit spender skill. Dump your Spirit on this move when you are full on Spirit.

Exploding Palm - Shocking Grasp : Gives you two Exploding Palms to destroy mobs with. Option skill though.

Sweeping Wind - Cyclone : Adds additional damage when you are just attacking with your spirit generator

Mantra you want to pick based on what you need. More damage needed then you need Mantra of Conviction, more tankability than you need Salvation or Healing. I recommend either Conviction or Salvation.

You can consider to use Seven Sided Strike - Sudden Assault if you have Mad Stone Helm. Also consider Dashing Strike for mobility or additional attack speed and Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace for more damage/survivability or Blinding Flash for crowd control + more damage (especially if you have Law of Seph).

Passives: Sieze the Initiative, 6th Sense, Harmony, Alacrity, Relentless assault, Determination, Unity are all good passives.

This can do T4-T5 probably but beyond that you want better items. Depending on items you can start swapping out for stuff like Depth Diggers, Thundergod's Vigor, Witching Hour, Stone of Jordan, Ancient Parthan Defenders, Flying Dragon etc.
Thanks for the tips, I can give it a try. I have some of the craftable sets then its just finding the mats anf money to craft, above that I still havent seen some of the items you listed specically the weapons and Im over p200.

Guess I need to join some T6 games and limp alomg a bit. Thanks for the help.

Dahbomb

Thanks for the tips, I can give it a try. I have some of the craftable sets then its just finding the mats anf money to craft, above that I still havent seen some of the items you listed specically the weapons and Im over p200.

Which class do you play?

Ring of Royal Grandeur is an Act 1 only Bounty drop. It's pretty easy to get nowadays.

Which items haven't you seen yet? Many of those Lightning weapons aren't hard to come by (you really only need one of them for this build) and pretty much all of the armor pieces I told you about are crafted sets. You can get a solid Amulet from Act 1 Bounty or Act 3 Bounty for Overwhelming Desire (Charms enemies).

The Legendary Gems you get in Greater Rifts which are also piss easy to get.

Edit: NVM you have been playing a Witch Doctor and I posted a Monk build. Most of those items are Monk only drops (or at least more likely to drop for Monks). Probably why you haven't seen them yet.

eek5

I made a pet doctor which has been going well as I csn do T3-4 but finding those last pieces to push me any further are proving to be difficult without already being able to do T6. Ive been trying to obtain Zuni or Jade set with no luck and have certainly played more than 2-3 days.

FWIW I was doing really fast t4 clears with my pet doctor before i got set. Rain of toads w/ fetish syco. Crated cains pants/boots + aughild bracer + shoulder w/ rorg + grin reaper (you can add in asheara gloves+chest or blackthornes belt + amulet as well). It was enough, at least, to allow me to upgrade the gems I use to level 25 which should also give you a nice boost.

joesmokey

Holy sh*t. I didn't know that Hexing Pants doesn't work (or at least have some complicated mechanic). I'm googling it right now and it seems you are right.
So I'll be able to put my Cindercoat, which is awesome because it drastically reduces AP cost.

I also didn't know that BH from mirror images don't trigger Strongarm Bracers.
Thanks for the info.

As for Glass Cannon and Blur, I have both so far it's working good (with Unity + follower - GR 33). I also dropped Hydra for Magic Weapon, seems to be working, but needs more testing.

EDIT:
As for Bane of the Trapped, I'm not sure about this. How long RG will be under BH effect? Half the time maybe? With Bane of the Powerful you get constant 15% more dmg to elites, and there is a big chance RG to spawn just after killing an elite. So you'll get over a minute with 20% dmg increase. And second affix is useless.

EDIT2:
Is it worth using 22% Sun Keeper instead of 20% fire Devastator? You gain a tiny bit dmg against elites, but loose a lot against mobs.

Yeah, but Hex Pants not only increases resource regen but also DMG in a big way, but as they don't work with FB DOT, better to have 20% fire dmg.
Also I didn'd suggest to drop BH for Mirror Image.

I actually don't know if BH procs from MI (didn't specify that). I think it should?

For Bane of the Trapped, the goals are to put CC on your Templar so that it is always proccing. Things like a TF with cold damage for chilled effect, Ess of Johan, etc. I have gotten good results so far.

I am not sure on Sun Keeper yet. I have been rolling with Maximus through gr35, though recently decided to switch to Sun Keeper. I don't know how that compares to a Devastator. Generally though, I don't need any additional damage against normal mobs - they just die.

Elemental exposure is pretty cool as well, rolled my furnace to lightning dmg.
I think it works at least?
This doesn't work. Elemental Exposure will only proc off things like Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, Odyn Son, etc.

I have a new build from the forums for t6 solo clears. Gold Wrap + Hoarder gem + Warzechan + (Apocalypse, Meteor/Molten Impact, Frozen Storm + Glass Cannon/Illusionist/Astral Presence/Evocation).

This allows you to move insanely fast and keep up armor with the insane amount of gold you get. You don't stop for elites to die or for your hydra to do damage, you just apply blizzard and meteor everywhere and keep moving.

Without my Hoarder gem to lvl 25, I have been able to consistently get my clear times to under 5 mins, even with bad density maps. With the Hoarder gem, the movement speed will be insane.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
FWIW I was doing really fast t4 clears with my pet doctor before i got set. Rain of toads w/ fetish syco. Crated cains pants/boots + aughild bracer + shoulder w/ rorg + grin reaper (you can add in asheara gloves+chest or blackthornes belt + amulet as well). It was enough, at least, to allow me to upgrade the gems I use to level 25 which should also give you a nice boost.
I currently use rain of toads with fetish syco, I did craft aughilds bracer and shoulder and have a RoRG, along with a MoJ. I dont have ashearas but maybe I can craft some cains in the meantime but again crafting mats have been difficult plus I have been on the lookout for blackthornes.
Maybe I just need to put more time in, its possible. I do have all of the gems, besides the hoarder and will be upping those as well.

Which class do you play?

Ring of Royal Grandeur is an Act 1 only Bounty drop. It's pretty easy to get nowadays.

Which items haven't you seen yet? Many of those Lightning weapons aren't hard to come by (you really only need one of them for this build) and pretty much all of the armor pieces I told you about are crafted sets. You can get a solid Amulet from Act 1 Bounty or Act 3 Bounty for Overwhelming Desire (Charms enemies).

The Legendary Gems you get in Greater Rifts which are also piss easy to get.

Edit: NVM you have been playing a Witch Doctor and I posted a Monk build. Most of those items are Monk only drops (or at least more likely to drop for Monks). Probably why you haven't seen them yet.
No worries Dahbomb, I was and am up for changing classes ran a Monk as my main for while pre 2.0 so I was still thinking of changing, also thought of making a DH too.

As I said above I do have the gems so I will work on those. To be fair I did just recently return with the introduction of seasons so its quite possible Im being unreasonable. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom