• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

I actually don't know if BH procs from MI (didn't specify that). I think it should?
If you're talking about Strongarms and the knockback from MI's Black Hole, I guess that answers my question if you were ignoring my reply to him... I already tolds him it doesn't proc. I'll just stop replying if no one is gonna read what I say, lol.
Or I'm not reading right/misunderstanding. It's 6 AM and I was woken up by insane snoring in my ear.

eek5

I currently use rain of toads with fetish syco, I did craft aughilds bracer and shoulder and have a RoRG, along with a MoJ. I dont have ashearas but maybe I can craft some cains in the meantime but again crafting mats have been difficult plus I have been on the lookout for blackthornes.
Maybe I just need to put more time in, its possible. I do have all of the gems, besides the hoarder and will be upping those as well.

No worries Dahbomb, I was and am up for changing classes ran a Monk as my main for while pre 2.0 so I was still thinking of changing, also thought of making a DH too.

As I said above I do have the gems so I will work on those. To be fair I did just recently return with the introduction of seasons so its quite possible Im being unreasonable. Heh.

If you have MoJ you should handle t4/5 no problem. Level your gems and you should be set.

Bombless

So here's my Wizzie. T4 is still a bit harsh, T3 is a breeze.

Ramaladnied the staff since the rolls were good and I looted another one right after getting the staff itself. I was using Disintegrate before (with diamond inserted) but I felt bad about all that crit getting wasted so I'll run a bit with Arcane Torrent and see how it goes. (also wallers were really starting to get on my nerves haha)

Thank Inarius I FINALLY got a portal to the Vault and I managed to upgrade my gems. Oh well, time to jump back into the rifts and replenish my stocks.

I also have the staff that lowers the Meteor cost (47% roll) but the Arcane meteor is so stupid it's absolutely no use for an Arcane build.

Unsure what to take for my 3rd legendary gem on my raekor build. The cc damage and bane one are obvious, the attack speed one gives 15% cd reduction but I'm already pretty comfortable on CC reduction. I'm eyeing the smite one for upgrading after I finish getting those two to 25.

joesmokey

If you're talking about Strongarms and the knockback from MI's Black Hole, I guess that answers my question if you were ignoring my reply to him... I already tolds him it doesn't proc. I'll just stop replying if no one is gonna read what I say, lol.
Or I'm not reading right/misunderstanding. It's 6 AM and I was woken up by insane snoring in my ear.
He didn't multi-quote so I thought he was only referring to me specifically, since it was part of the same long reply. My mistake.

eek5

is there a best in slot amulet for the pet WD build? or just any generically good one will do?

overwhelming desire or hellfire w/ good 5th passive IMO

Unsure what to take for my 3rd legendary gem on my raekor build. The cc damage and bane one are obvious, the attack speed one gives 15% cd reduction but I'm already pretty comfortable on CC reduction. I'm eyeing the smite one for upgrading after I finish getting those two to 25.

What element are you stacking? Smite is really good if yous tack holy but if you don't IDK if it would be the best.

overwhelming desire or hellfire w/ good 5th passive IMO

What element are you stacking? Smite is really good if yous tack holy but if you don't IDK if it would be the best.

Traditional fire damage. Didn't know smite benefit from %holy skill damage, makes it so much more tempting to reroll crusader.

ZenaxPure

Smite is what most Raekor are going with for their third as there aren't any other options really. Smite procs constantly when you are charging through multiple enemies and even if you aren't stacking holy damage 3000% weapon damage (at rank 25) is still going to hit hard. On my seasonal barb mine crits for about 55 million right now.

I hope they add some more legendary gems in season 2 or something. Kinda bugs me to just take a random gem like that because there aren't any other viable options.

Dahbomb

They need a Fire gem next patch and a Cold gem as well.

They should also have a gem that buffs damage if you are stationary (SWK) and a gem that buffs you if you are hitting while moving (Raekors).

I also feel like they need to make a new Legendary gem type that only works in Helms. They can call them Legendary Trinkets or whatever. Would allow for another layer of customization.

ferr

2.2 won't be more of the same. I'm betting on runes and rune words. Legendary gems in amu/ring, runes in non-weapon armor I bet.

ZenaxPure

I also feel like they need to make a new Legendary gem type that only works in Helms. They can call them Legendary Trinkets or whatever. Would allow for another layer of customization.

I've pretty much always suspected the reason that legendary gems are only for rings/ammys is that they have more gems planned for down the line that can only be used in hats. Maybe weapons too but they would have to find a way to balance it between DW, 2h, and 1h/offhand. Might be too much work. Chests/pants I doubt will ever get anything since 5 slots is too many to work with.

I think my only concern with it is that they need to find a way to make them feel different from the ones we have right now. If other slots get legendary gems that are just more damage procs or damage increases under specific conditions then it will just feel redundant.

Dahbomb

I think there are just going to have to be 4 different tiers of Legendary Gems:

Helm only
Jewelry only
Armor only

Armor only gems will have very low effects by themselves but when attached with other gems they get new more powerful effects (like old Runes).

Not sure how they should handle Weapon/Offhand Legendary gems. That might actually be one way to tone down the usage of 2Hs although it's going to be really hard to come up with Gems that are better than 125% CHD without being completely broken.

I think my only concern with it is that they need to find a way to make them feel different from the ones we have right now. If other slots get legendary gems that are just more damage procs or damage increases under specific conditions then it will just feel redundant.
Yeah I hope so too but that's really the only way to make things on a short notice.

That's actually the main problem with itemization in D3 in general even the new gems.... when it boils down to it, it's just bigger numbers. They don't fundamentally alter game play styles all that much.

Wow, after gambling for about 2k shards for shoulders, got a Vile Ward with nice stats, then like right after that within 50 shards got raekor's leggings.

ZenaxPure

That's actually the main problem with itemization in D3 in general even the new gems.... when it boils down to it, it's just bigger numbers. They don't fundamentally alter game play styles all that much.

I actually think it makes sense for the gems just to give more numbers to specific builds. Let legendary armor/weapons be the items that change how a skill functions (thus changing the playstyle of a class) and let gems work as a way to simply increase the numbers.

There are plenty of legendaries that change how a skill functions in one way or another, the problem is most of them simply don't have the numbers to back them up.

StMeph

2.2 won't be more of the same. I'm betting on runes and rune words. Legendary gems in amu/ring, runes in non-weapon armor I bet.

Unless Runes turn into Sets where a certain combination or number of them, not in any specific order, across multiple gear slots work to enable the effect, there's no real way to reinstate D2 style Runewords when weapons and off-hands have 1 socket, chests have 3, and pants have 2. Not very wordy unless you can combine all the slots together.

Xeteh

Is Leoric's Crown as good as it sounds? 94% increased gem effectiveness sounds pretty nice.

I need one of those to hurry up and drop for my Crusader so I can stop using 2 pieces of Crimson Captain's. As usual Kadala is just plain rude. But yeah, as mentioned, if you're playing any class that uses any cooldowns absolutely toss a Diamond in that beast.

Oh, quick question. I've been running T6 rifts like crazy and I'm starting to run low on Rift Fragments. How do groups for farming bounties work and is there a group for it? Playing NA Seasonal.

Tarazet

Is Leoric's Crown as good as it sounds? 94% increased gem effectiveness sounds pretty nice.

Indispensible in any class that needs a lot of CDR.. which is pretty much all of them except Demon Hunter? And Witch Doctor because Mask of Jeram.

Interesting how the meta shifted away from Andariel's as soon as the new set bonuses started getting wide play.

Mordeccai

So I completed my M6 today on the demon hunter. Taskers dropped in a rift about half an hour later.

This set is so strong it's unreal. Soloing T6 no problems. Today was a good day for Diablo RNG.

My weird seasonal Crusader RNG continues.

Furnace x3
Tasker and Theo x 2
Akkahn set peices... ZERO

phGPaXU.gif

thuGG_pl

He didn't multi-quote so I thought he was only referring to me specifically, since it was part of the same long reply. My mistake.

Relax guys. I may have confused your replies earlier, sorry for that.
Important thing is I learned about Hexing Pants not working and that BH from MI doesn't proc Strongarms.
So I dropped Hexing pants, put FB pants, put Cindercoat and did GR 35:)
Now where's my Strongarm Bracers Kadala? I spent over 10000 shards and nothing (I got every other bracers there are).

Ayumi

Relax guys. I may have confused your replies earlier, sorry for that.
Important thing is I learned about Hexing Pants not working and that BH from MI doesn't proc Strongarms.
So I dropped Hexing pants, put FB pants, put Cindercoat and did GR 35:)
Now where's my Strongarm Bracers Kadala? I spent over 10000 shards and nothing (I got every other bracers there are).

I gave up trying to get them from her. :(

When I was playing with my friend he said "I get a lot of Strongarms". The same hour, he got one and gave it to me. So unfair (he's a DH).

Dahbomb

Kadala Blood Shard Rates for Patch 2.1

(Includes seasonal & hardcore)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TLDBV4Um0E/pubhtml?gid=1199554571&single=true

Sorry if this was posted earlier today!
It's nothing that people don't already know from playing the game but it really highlights the extreme difficulty in trying to gamble for a weapon you want. Like it's pretty much not worth it... in the shards you try to gamble for let's say a Monk Jaw Breaker you can fully deck out another class with their class sets. Blizzard definitely needs to revisit shard cost on weapons.

Ayumi

It's nothing that people don't already know from playing the game but it really highlights the extreme difficulty in trying to gamble for a weapon you want. Like it's pretty much not worth it... in the shards you try to gamble for let's say a Monk Jaw Breaker you can fully deck out another class with their class sets. Blizzard definitely needs to revisit shard cost on weapons.

Yes! I never gamble for weapons (or rings/amulets) because the drop rate is so much higher for me from RGs and what not. The shard price is so ridiculous as well, it's better to just spend the shards on 5 shards items instead. More gambled items, higher chance of something good.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Or they could have new gambling options: mystery mace, mystery dagger, mystery class-specific weapon, etc. Either would be fine by me.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So, unavoidable damage that one shots you at high GRift level, what a total fun killer that is. It's supposed to deter you from glass cannon builds (not sure why) but it actually does the exact opposite as everything one shots you at a certain point anyway, so it becomes a race of kill them before they kill you.

Well that list just bummed me out, gambling for Countessa or SOJ seems completely out of the question. Guess im gonna go for a better Bomba Rucksackr and freeze deflect for my Templar.

ferr

*ctrl+f 'tasker and theo'*

*begins silently weeping*

Makes me appreciate my lacuni prowlers a bit more, I guess. Pretty sure I've yet to spend 15k on gloves, still need TnT..

Holy crap at Mara's Kaleidoscope? 165k. I have one and.. poison damage isn't as scary as fire/ice/lightning/arcane..

Celegus

Yeah... maybe dumping all my shards into a Physical or Holy SoJ isn't the best course of action. That's really the one thing I need though on my Crusader.

taybul

I've dumped M6 on my DH and started playing around with a fire strafe build. I dual-wield a Calamity and Nat slayer, have both Nat's and Mara 4-pc bonuses, sport my old Cindercoat, and Strongarm bracers. For skills, RoV:Stampede for knockback (+22% from bracers), Fan of Knives (+20% with Cull), of course Strafe with grenades (+fire% from cinder), and +20% from Calamity on top of it all.

Playstyle is I hammer down on strafe while spamming FoK and RoV whenever it's up. Blood Vengeance + Cindercoat makes Hatred manageable.

I've only reliably tested this up to T4 but the build is so fun! Enemies just melt (assuming I don't explode first). I'll have to figure out how to survive on T6 because this build is pretty close and personal.

ferr

Looks like a DH managed to break into grift tier 44! I like how fine-tuning is slowly exposing things. SoJ is now better than Unity at higher tiers.. apparently because double unity does little to help you stay alive. Slave Bonds is better than Lacuni Prowlers for more efficient dps/aps management.

Bombless

I've dumped M6 on my DH and started playing around with a fire strafe build. I dual-wield a Calamity and Nat slayer, have both Nat's and Mara 4-pc bonuses, sport my old Cindercoat, and Strongarm bracers. For skills, RoV:Stampede for knockback (+22% from bracers), Fan of Knives (+20% with Cull), of course Strafe with grenades (+fire% from cinder), and +20% from Calamity on top of it all.

Playstyle is I hammer down on strafe while spamming FoK and RoV whenever it's up. Blood Vengeance + Cindercoat makes Hatred manageable.

I've only reliably tested this up to T4 but the build is so fun! Enemies just melt (assuming I don't explode first). I'll have to figure out how to survive on T6 because this build is pretty close and personal.

Strafe builds are fun as hell, just not viable at high end play :( I haven't tried in 2.1 but I suspect it is still the case. The main issue is the random targeting, though Grenades aleviates this somewhat (but does terrible damage on single targets / rift guardians). What you need is a pair of Hexing Pants, for 20% increased ressource gen + 20% damage while moving. Good luck, I spent over 5k shards and never got it (again, before 2.1, I've been running seasonal chars since then).

You make me want to get a demon hunter rolling again ;)

StMeph

Yeah... maybe dumping all my shards into a Physical or Holy SoJ isn't the best course of action. That's really the one thing I need though on my Crusader.

If it's the one thing you need for the biggest upgrade, chase it anyway. Even if it's not as shard efficient as other items, the net gain is bigger because the other slots are smaller marginal upgrades.

Kadala is a supplement to help you chase certain slots. You could always still find it in a Rift, but spending the shards you're earning anyway to target a specific slot/item is still ultimately more efficient if you are only chasing 1-2 things to complete a build.

Xeteh

So, unavoidable damage that one shots you at high GRift level, what a total fun killer that is. It's supposed to deter you from glass cannon builds (not sure why) but it actually does the exact opposite as everything one shots you at a certain point anyway, so it becomes a race of kill them before they kill you.

I was raging about Jailers in higher level rifts last night. What a stupid ability. Hits everything, does so instantly and does a ton of damage.

Celegus

If it's the one thing you need for the biggest upgrade, chase it anyway. Even if it's not as shard efficient as other items, the net gain is bigger because the other slots are smaller marginal upgrades.

Kadala is a supplement to help you chase certain slots. You could always still find it in a Rift, but spending the shards you're earning anyway to target a specific slot/item is still ultimately more efficient if you are only chasing 1-2 things to complete a build.

I'll definitely still dump them into rings for Crusader, but I may spend them on a different character instead, maybe go for a SWK set and try monk. Actually found an okay Flying Dragon on my Crusader recently.

joesmokey

I actually got a very well rolled Strongarm to drop naturally, I was pretty shocked.

I have been gambling for weapons lately as I need nothing else and it is disheartening. Too bad you can't gamble for both Sun Keeper and The Furnace in the same slot. It's annoying how tied you are to a good weapon as a Wizard.

Here is my t6 farming spec if anyone is interested:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/51704003

I have been swapping between Storm Armor with Strongarm and Ice Armor with Warzechan. I like Strongarm better though for the BH + Molten Impact combo. With Leoric's, I basically have BH and Molten up anytime I run into a pack. Not sure if it's better than Mage Fist or Cindercoat yet, but I like having my cooldowns available in this build. Things can sometimes get dicey if you don't have a weak mob available for the gold drop, but you just have to plan accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom