• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Jumping on now if you are still around. I max out at T3 though right now, usually run T2 to keep it around 10 minutes or so per rift.

sorry. was busy but just add me on blizz net if your free later.

Complex#1954
First day in a week that i have off and i cant login. Keep getting timed out.

Anyone else having issues this morning?

fml

no but with my limited exposure to blizz net. i can confirm blizz net servers are shit.

Lain

This dropped for me and I'm unsure what I should reroll, if int or vit, mainly because I'm running around with 320k +/- and I'm thinking that more health would be nice but I don't want to ruin what seems like a pretty nice item (if only it came with some fire % though!):
H0eb.png

This dropped for me and I'm unsure what I should reroll, if int or vit, mainly because I'm running around with 320k +/- and I'm thinking that more health would be nice but I don't want to ruin what seems like a pretty nice item (if only it came with some fire % though!):

You can get plenty of Vit from other items that are much easier to roll for. Amulets,Weapons and Rings are not the place for vit stats. Reroll the Vit for high 90´s CHD. Then you have a really good Amulet that is pretty much the best you can get next to Hellfire.

Addnan

My character is not really strong enough for T6 and so we get grift trial to 26 ahhh. I died so many times my sword broke and disappeared from my character. That was embarrassing heh. I mean I can survive and get some hits in but in terms of being useful lol, not really. Need to give this a good read when I get the chance. Need to find out how to survive when in combat haha!

a4dVwJd.png
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/38201292

Looking quite hot, I'll give her that. Need another lightning weapon, the gods are not being kind to me.

IFbrChhl.png

Baliis

Everytime I try a personal best GRIFT I get one of those mile long caves filled with corrupt angels. It's fucking clockwork

Doing grifts with you last night was great, when I play solo I'll get like 10 elites in a row with jailer, it's super cool.

eek5

so one of these FINALLY dropped. it's fun. :D

0i6upow.png

If it's not too expensive 7% ASI is much better than +10% dmg for Flayer because the attack speed plays nice with mojo avg dmg and you will get a boost in CC from addling toads.

I was in the same boat.. went from 7% ASI when we had breakpoints, switche dto +10% dmg, now tried to roll back to 7% ASI but I'm up to 8 mil a roll so fuck that. But if you can do it cheaply I would highly recommend it.

If it's not too expensive 7% ASI is much better than +10% dmg for Flayer because the attack speed plays nice with mojo avg dmg and you will get a boost in CC from addling toads.

I was in the same boat.. went from 7% ASI when we had breakpoints, switche dto +10% dmg, now tried to roll back to 7% ASI but I'm up to 8 mil a roll so fuck that. But if you can do it cheaply I would highly recommend it.

i tried a few and got frustrated but it's not too expensive yet.

edit: and i just got it lol. my overall attack speed is 1.81 now. not really familiar with the breakpoints though so i don't know if that's good or bad.

eek5

i tried a few and got frustrated but it's not too expensive yet.

edit: and i just got it lol. my overall attack speed is 1.81 now. not really familiar with the breakpoints though so i don't know if that's good or bad.

There aren't WD breakpoints. Sorry if I was unclear; I used to have 7% ASI on my flayer when it was breakpoint based (using vampire bats was the best way to proc fetishes). I switched to 10% after the metagame changed but attack speed is still the best.

Jonm1010

Banned
So bear with me as this is my first foray into Diablo and am a little confused.

I played a little of each character and settled on a wizard.

I am still in Act 1 and playing on Hard but the game seems insanely easy on all fronts. I am already level 23, I can't remember the last time I died, I have 80,000 dollars and I feel like nothing to spend it on.

Am I doing it wrong?

So bear with me as this is my first foray into Diablo and am a little confused.

I played a little of each character and settled on a wizard.

I am still in Act 1 and playing on Hard but the game seems insanely easy on all fronts. I am already level 23, I can't remember the last time I died, I have 80,000 dollars and I feel like nothing to spend it on.

Am I doing it wrong?

nope. the game does start off way too easy unless you're playing on the highest difficulty. i'd recommend setting it to the highest you've unlocked.

ZenaxPure

Am I doing it wrong?

Nah, game is balanced in a weird way early on. It eventually becomes rough because to move up difficulties you have to sacrifice almost every defensive stat for offensive ones (so your survival depends on you familiarizing yourself with all the enemies/abilities and avoiding/controlling them) but early on you aren't even focusing on stats, you just use what the game gives you.

You basically just need to think of the leveling experience as a way to learn the mechanics of your class, it's the perfect time to experiment with all your abilities and runes and figure out what they all do and which ones work together and such. A big part of moving up difficulties at max level before you have strong build changing legendary items is simply finding really strong builds that aren't item dependent.

CodeNfX

Are there room in the GAF clan? I'd love to join. I've also put in a community request few days ago but still not accepted.

battle tag: CodeNfX#1505

Has anyone ever gotten Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan? I'm P394 and they have never dropped for me, which sucks because they are BiS for my fire WW barb.

Has anyone ever gotten Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan? I'm P394 and they have never dropped for me, which sucks because they are BiS for my fire WW barb.

I used them a few weeks until I got the rest of the gear for Raekor's Furious Charge build and abandoned Leapquake Fire. Went from struggling in T6 to being able to go off and solo entire areas even in 4 player games. So Yan's pants are back to being banked. Have had them drop on my DH and Wizard as well ... maybe I'm just lucky. Or I play way too much.

Now that I have a second unity ring for my Templar I should be able to really push into the 30s in GRifts.

Edit: If anyone needs to run some GRifts, add Slaps#1270. I'm on most nights.

eek5

I used them a few weeks until I got the rest of the gear for Raekor's Furious Charge build and abandoned Leapquake Fire. Went from struggling in T6 to being able to go off and solo entire areas even in 4 player games. So Yan's pants are back to being banked. Have had them drop on my DH and Wizard as well ... maybe I'm just lucky. Or I play way too much.

Now that I have a second unity ring for my Templar I should be able to really push into the 30s in GRifts.

Edit: If anyone needs to run some GRifts, add Slaps#1270. I'm on most nights.

Can you carry me on 40s? added you!

Ingeniero

Today thanks to Kadala, I have joined the M6 club.
Holyshit what a diference, now the game really begins.
Solo GRIFTING gogogogo

ZenaxPure

I've only found 2 pairs ever and I have put a ridiculous amount of time into RoS. Thankfully I got both of them on my barbarian though.

I've gotten 3-4 of them, I'm just lucky with rolls. Think I've found most everything I can on my barb besides a furnace.

Just assembled a lightning wizard build, a lot more fun than firebird and can do some good t6 rifting with it. Hope the next set blizz makes for wizard is lightning oriented.

mercviper

Completed solo GR 37 whoo! Wasn't even that great of a rift. Really helped to switch from FoF to quickening for more spirit and survivability, as well as sw: master of wind for even more survivability. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be breaking 38 without a zombie rift or perfectly rolled bis gear. Had an okay rift in 38 and spawned rg at the minute mark so yeah.

P.s. Perendi can suck a dick

eek5

They buffed GR blood shard drops btw.

~90 from a 21
115 from a 25
134 from a 29
172 from a 35
210 from a 39

not bad

Insaniac

Need to gear my sader (Read: useful weapons) so if anyone is wanting to do a 4 player sader loot share game sometime tomorrow let me know.

oSoLucky

Are there many here playing HCS? A bunch of guys that I was playing with stopped and it would be nice to do some 4 man stuff. Farming is getting a bit boring and it will be nice to make some serious group comps. I'm P337 atm, at GR28 solo(Monk), can most likely do 30 but there's no point for me atm. BT is Lucky#1568 if anyone is interested. I have a Crusader and DH both with good gear and P400+/300+ that I roll with sometimes also.

Recall

I have a level 70 crusader that is able to farm torment 2, what is the must have gear to be able to have enough stats to farm torment 6?

Every legendary I'm getting is nowhere near as good as what I have so I'm not progressing. What I missing?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I just signed up for a voice acting workshop with Crispin Freeman, a.k.a. the voice of the male wizard, a.k.a. "I'm so good I astound myself!"

I am freaking stoked.

Addnan

Authentication servers are down :( In Europe at least. It's Sunday night, uni starts next week. Let me have my last bit of Diablo dammit.

Bombless

I have a level 70 crusader that is able to farm torment 2, what is the must have gear to be able to have enough stats to farm torment 6?

Every legendary I'm getting is nowhere near as good as what I have so I'm not progressing. What I missing?

Can't tell what you're missing if you don't post your profile. That being said, it's not just about "better" items, it's about the synergy between them and your spec.

Lain

I switched to a 970 and now Diablo 3 plays somewhat worse than with my old 570. Whenever I'm doing a trial rift and mobs pop, my screen freezes for a second. It's driving me nuts.

jersoc

I switched to a 970 and now Diablo 3 plays somewhat worse than with my old 570. Whenever I'm doing a trial rift and mobs pop, my screen freezes for a second. It's driving me nuts.

i think that's the issue with the game, isnt it? I haven't ran a grfit yet on my 970, but haven't ran into that.

If you're feeling adventurous, downsample. looks great and still runs well.

Played for the first time in a few months today and a Treasure Goblin opened up a rift to The Vault. Boy, was that fun. Went from 6 mil to close to 30 mil. Will probably spend upgrading gems.

Addnan

Played for the first time in a few months today and a Treasure Goblin opened up a rift to The Vault. Boy, was that fun. Went from 6 mil to close to 30 mil. Will probably spend upgrading gems.
I got one last night, was so happy. Went from being broke and not being able to afford to reroll my gear to a nice 60m in the bank now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Kadala is giving me a shit load of legendaries since the buff, shame she refuses to give me the quiver I actually need.

Insaniac

Picked up an Eternal Union ring to go with my Baleful Remnant flail and Unrelenting Phalanx shield. Even with highly unoptimized gear (only 36% CDR, Int taskers, no leg gems) this build is so awesome to play and i can breeze through T5

TbeNIci.jpg

Begaria

I'm trying my hand at crafting a really good Hellfire Amulet for the last couple of days. It's not going to so well and the few amulets I have crafted were complete crap. I forgot how mind numbingly boring farming keys were, and that was when T6 had 100% drop rates for keys and organs. It says T6 is 50% and T5 is 43%, etc, but even when I alternate between T5 and T6 it doesn't feel like it. I think the really dumb part isn't even the key collection, but after having to go through those kind of drop rates for even getting the keys, then having the same drop rates applied to the ingredients is kind of mood killing.

Like, in the last hour or so I did a full Uber run and got 2/4 ingredients. Then I went and farmed two sets of keys to attempt to get the last two ingredients, did so, and then went 0/2 again. All on T6.

*sigh*

I mean, I've got a really good amulet as is, and the odds to get the exact same stats with the few passives I'd want on the amulet are rather stacked against me. Not sure if I should keep trying or just go back to rifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom