• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

Like, in the last hour or so I did a full Uber run and got 2/4 ingredients. Then I went and farmed two sets of keys to attempt to get the last two ingredients, did so, and then went 0/2 again. All on T6.
There's a 100% drop rate on organs, this shouldn't happen.

If you don't see a drop, tp out and go back into the realm. I've had that happen to me before where it takes until the 2nd time to appear.

Begaria

There's a 100% drop rate on organs, this shouldn't happen.

If you don't see a drop, tp out and go back into the realm. I've had that happen to me before where it takes until the 2nd time to appear.

...Shit. Well, I'll remember that for next time. Dammit, I knew I should've went back in and double checked. Thanks man. Shame they didn't boost the key drop rate.

Insaniac

Good rifting with Mercviper who is my good luck charm. Netted these amazing things while grifting with him to finally finish my Holy shotgun spec :D

tGbjr4B.png

I just posted a couple days ago on here that I've never found Hexing Pants before, and surprisingly enough Kadala gives me this a few minutes ago... GG RNG. These are pretty much BiS for my fire WW barb.
gpPs4UC.jpg

i'm going crazy trying to get kadala to drop tasker and theo. 25k shards and nothing.

it's gonna be a shitty one when it finally drops, isn't it?

Ayumi

So many rings are dropping for me, but nothing seems good enough to sacrifice my current one to add a socket for Leg gems.. anyone else have this issue? Same goes for my amulet.. I really can't/don't wanna sacrifice the damage, at least not unless I happened to get a Furnace. :<

So many rings are dropping for me, but nothing seems good enough to sacrifice my current one to add a socket for Leg gems.. anyone else have this issue? Same goes for my amulet.. I really can't/don't wanna sacrifice the damage, at least not unless I happened to get a Furnace. :<

yeah. I had double unity drops this weekend. they're both kinda okay but missing sockets. so the DPS hit I took would be pretty big. so there's not much point in being able to survive higher difficulty grifts if I can't clear them on time.

av2k

Bah, hunting for a decent Furnace, 2400+ SS, or 2400+ SunKeeper is driving me bonkers. Think I'm going to start a Crusader soon since I have 2 pieces of Akkhan pieces already. They look extremely fun to play with while in pubs.

thuGG_pl

Bah, hunting for a decent Furnace, 2400+ SS, or 2400+ SunKeeper is driving me bonkers. Think I'm going to start a Crusader soon since I have 2 pieces of Akkhan pieces already. They look extremely fun to play with while in pubs.

Forget SS, go SK (assuming you are playing Firebird build).

Also, I don't think it's possible to get 2400+ SK, maybe with IAS, but you don't want IAS since it's not contributing at all to FB build.

av2k

Forget SS, go SK (assuming you are playing Firebird build).

Also, I don't think it's possible to get 2400+ SK, maybe with IAS, but you don't want IAS since it's not contributing at all to FB build.

Ah, the thing is that I have a trifecta pair of Tasker and Theo gloves and I'm doing 100-170 mil ticks to RGs.. but my SS rolled a really shitty 1900 damage. :|

Ingeniero

Had a very nice Diablo 3 weekend, got like 70 paragon levels over 2 days lol.

I finally completed the M6 build with RoRG, I am not using Mara chest tho, found a nice Cindercoat with sentry damage, so far so good.
I found these badboys during my marathonic farm session:

gGOdzoE.jpg

Very happy with those rolls, need to improve other parts tho, but I am doing T6 comfortably now.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/3763386

Cheers.

Begaria

So I was complaining last night that I had went 0/2 on my last run for Uber ingredients even on T6. Well, I'm just a damn idiot, that's all. When I hopped on this morning I realized I wasn't at T6 but at T5 :p

See, I do my key runs at T5 - I don't really see the difference between a 43% and a 50% drop rate on keys when I can do T5 quite a bit faster than T6, at least for key running. I usually log out and set the difficulty to T6 when doing the Uber runs for the maximum chance to get organs, but apparently I just forgot to do it that one time. Then I went on here and complained about it without realizing my own incompetence.

*sigh*

Oh well!

av2k

Just started T2 this weekend and did my first batch of grifts yesterday on Wizard:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Griffith-1494/hero/53116169

Are there any armor sets/accesories I should be aiming for?

You should be getting +fire % gear as you're making your way towards collecting firebird parts as well as farm rrog from the get go which shouldn't be a hard task with the buffed drop rate.

While you're doing that, you can craft Aughild's gear to bump/reduce your damage vs Elites by 15%.

Strong arm bracers are relatively easy to obtain which grants bonus damage with black hole as well.

From there, it just depends on what items you get first. If you get a mirror ball, work on a mirror ball build. If you get Tal rasha's 3 piece set, equip that.

As for weapons: Serpent Sparker, Furnace, Sunkeeper is what you should be looking for. If not, a crafted devastator would work as well temporarily.

Do all this while working to the final build that is firebirds. :) Hope that helps!

You should be getting +fire % gear as you're making your way towards collecting firebird parts as well as farm rrog from the get go which shouldn't be a hard task with the buffed drop rate.

While you're doing that, you can craft Aughild's gear to bump/reduce your damage vs Elites by 15%.

Strong arm bracers are relatively easy to obtain which grants bonus damage with black hole as well.

From there, it just depends on what items you get first. If you get a mirror ball, work on a mirror ball build. If you get Tal rasha's 3 piece set, equip that.

As for weapons: Serpent Sparker, Furnace, Sunkeeper is what you should be looking for. If not, a crafted devastator would work as well temporarily.

Do all this while working to the final build that is firebirds. :) Hope that helps!

Thanks! I did get the firebird gloves last night, I'll have to look more into it. My builds been arcane damage for a while now.

I see some people prefer to get cluster arrow dmg, and others seem to lean towards elemental arrow. I wonder if anyone has done some tests to figure out which is the best bang for your buck.

Also, since Multishot hits the most enemies, I wonder if that is a contender for the best skill to stack dmg in.

Ayumi

I see some people prefer to get cluster arrow dmg, and others seem to lean towards elemental arrow. I wonder if anyone has done some tests to figure out which is the best bang for your buck.

Also, since Multishot hits the most enemies, I wonder if that is a contender for the best skill to stack dmg in.

I'm guessing people have tested, and just went with what they felt was the best for themselves. It's kind of the same with Wizard's Black Hole. Some prefer Blazar for fire damage, some prefer Event Horizon for better survival and some prefer Spellsteal for more damage.

taybul

People will stack cluster for an M6 frost/fire build since it's the hardest hitting skill of the build, which also includes multishot. You'll probably see elemental arrow because of the new-ish lightning ball build aka 'Slo-ball' which is basically M6 with a Helltrapper + Meticulous quiver.

taybul

Too bad we still have the trial nonsense to deal with.

So what I've been doing is starting Grifts at level 1 and working my way up. I usually only go up to level 25 but I get a pretty steady flow of legs from the RG (got a witching hour from a level 1 guardian yesterday lol) and about 350+ shards after all is said and done. Still haven't determined if this is more or less efficient than running T6 rifts but I've been getting so fed up with running multiple T6s with little to no legs coming out of it.

So in short, 1 greater key, 4 greater rifts up to around level 25, about ~7+ legendaries, and ~350+ shards.

For some reason, I'm having a conundrum on what I should really do for my Monk build. I do want to do the Raiment of a Thousand Storms build and then up the Wreath of Lightning to some level. Does this sound like a bad idea for a build? Making a heavy lightning and toughness build.

Or should I work on another set like the Sunwuko set? I do have the Crown and Shines already for that set.

Tom Penny

For some reason, I'm having a conundrum on what I should really do for my Monk build. I do want to do the Raiment of a Thousand Storms build and then up the Wreath of Lightning to some level. Does this sound like a bad idea for a build? Making a heavy lightning and toughness build.

Or should I work on another set like the Sunwuko set? I do have the Crown and Shines already for that set.

Sunwuko is by far the best. Raiment set is trash right now. Hopefully they buff it to make it competitive. I was previously a lighting monk but there is no comparison right now.

Addnan

Sunwuko is by far the best. Raiment set is trash right now. Hopefully they buff it to make it competitive. I was previously a lighting monk but there is no comparison right now.

but lightning looks so much more fun ;_; I've been getting towards a solid Raiment build.

Maybe use the Wreath of Lightning along side the Sunwuko set? Also, why don't they just say fucking Daibo instead of Combat Staff?

It's going to be interesting trying to make up the loss of 500 dexterity though when I change sets over to Sunwuko. I swear, the secondary on my mask sucks though.

Tom Penny

Maybe use the Wreath of Lightning along side the Sunwuko set? Also, why don't they just say fucking Daibo instead of Combat Staff?

It's going to be interesting trying to make up the loss of 500 dexterity though when I change sets over to Sunwuko. I swear, the secondary on my mask sucks though.

Doing 3500x weapon damage when you spend 75 spirit more than makes up for that dex...Wreath looks cool but is really only good against trash mobs unless of course they fix raiment and I can find a use for my 100+ % lighting elemental damage.

Especially since I spend that on either Wave of Light or Sweeping Wind.

You'd pretty much spam your mantra and sweeping wind in SWK build since they don't stop you from attacking.

mercviper

Wouldn't the daibo alone make up for the dex loss? Even at 5000 dex, 500 dex is only 10%, which is much less than 20%

Wouldn't the daibo alone make up for the dex loss? Even at 5000 dex, 500 dex is only 10%, which is much less than 20%

The Grandfather/Blackguard that I have give sooo much dex as well (as well as Vitality). I do have plans for a Lai Yui's Persuader. But I think I'm going to wait till I get the rest of set... dunno... hmmm....

If need be, I could change the cold damage to lightning damage with a re-roll (on the Daibo).

mercviper

The Grandfather/Blackguard that I have give sooo much dex as well (as well as Vitality). I do have plans for a Lai Yui's Persuader. But I think I'm going to wait till I get the rest of set... dunno... hmmm....

If need be, I could change the cold damage to lightning damage with a re-roll (on the Daibo).
What are you trying to build your monk for? Clearing t6? Solo grifts?

What are you trying to build your monk for? Clearing t6? Solo grifts?

Eventually getting to T6. Haven't touched it yet actually. My main issue, even though I can take a lot of punishment, I certainly can't deal it. Me and a couple of friends are about to start up on T3, hopefully get some better stuff. We've basically been just doing rifts. I'm kind of a guy that likes to hurt a lot of enemies at once but take a lot of punishment. I have the latter right now, but not the former. Having 33K+ life per hit helps I guess.

joesmokey

This happens to me where I mostly only get rings and amulets, with almost nothing actually usable. You should eventually get some decent drops...

Ah, the thing is that I have a trifecta pair of Tasker and Theo gloves and I'm doing 100-170 mil ticks to RGs.. but my SS rolled a really shitty 1900 damage. :|
In higher gr, you're better off with int + vit on gloves instead of a tri-fecta (IAS is wasted for Firebird + hydra). I have been liking Magefist better than using TnT, though in solo play I just use Cindercoat instead.

Things will be different if they ever fix the IAS hydra bug.

mercviper

Eventually getting to T6. Haven't touched it yet actually. My main issue, even though I can take a lot of punishment, I certainly can't deal it. Me and a couple of friends are about to start up on T3, hopefully get some better stuff. We've basically been just doing rifts. I'm kind of a guy that likes to hurt a lot of enemies at once but take a lot of punishment. I have the latter right now, but not the former. Having 33K+ life per hit helps I guess.
Oh, well for that I would focus on getting well rolled gear more than anything for particular builds. Basically look for getting top 25% on your stat rolls. Can craft aughilds/cains/ashearas to help out at that level. I guess if anything look to get a royal grandeur ring so you can use your set bonuses easier. Do you have a profile link we can look at?

av2k

This happens to me where I mostly only get rings and amulets, with almost nothing actually usable. You should eventually get some decent drops...

In higher gr, you're better off with int + vit on gloves instead of a tri-fecta (IAS is wasted for Firebird + hydra). I have been liking Magefist better than using TnT, though in solo play I just use Cindercoat instead.

Things will be different if they ever fix the IAS hydra bug.

IAS and TnT works with blazing hydra which is the one I use. Mammoth Hydra is the rune that doesn't work with IAS but could change in the future.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14058735980?page=1#9

Oh, well for that I would focus on getting well rolled gear more than anything for particular builds. Basically look for getting top 25% on your stat rolls. Can craft aughilds/cains/ashearas to help out at that level. I guess if anything look to get a royal grandeur ring so you can use your set bonuses easier. Do you have a profile link we can look at?

Posted it above, but this is my current build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SolidSnakeUS-1557/hero/52291563

Bombless

So, a question for you wizards out there. The standard Firebird build uses Mammoth Hydra, Blizzard and Black Hole. Out of these attacks only Black Hole can crit, as far as I know the Firebird dot does not. Wouldn't that make a diamond more efficient to socket in the weapon?

joesmokey

IAS and TnT works with blazing hydra which is the one I use. Mammoth Hydra is the rune that doesn't work with IAS but could change in the future.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14058735980?page=1#9
TnT pet increase works with everything. If you have high IAS on all gear slots, I could see Blazing being more effective for now. I personally like Mammoth more than Blazing, but that's a matter of what you want to kill faster at this point.

StMeph

Diablo 3 isn't the kind of game where you decide what build you want. That's not to say it isn't achieveable, or can't clear T6, but if it's not one of the FOTM builds, be prepared for an inefficient and uphill slog at end-game. That's why Monks are dissuaded from lightning to pick up SWK.

You're missing build-defining pieces in your gear, so rather than a laundry list of items to get, you should start out by getting a Ring of Royal Grandeur and crafting Aughild's and Asheara's to replace some the rares and middling legendaries. That has the additional benefit of re-crafting until you get high rolls, and RORG will help abuse as many set bonuses as you can get until you get to the end-game items.

For a list of the end-game to look for, just look at the top Monks on the global/NA leaderboards. That should give a pretty clear path on what items to watch for/roll at Kadala, and what builds are used.

Diablo 3 isn't the kind of game where you decide what build you want. That's not to say it isn't achieveable, or can't clear T6, but if it's not one of the FOTM builds, be prepared for an inefficient and uphill slog at end-game. That's why Monks are dissuaded from lightning to pick up SWK.

You're missing build-defining pieces in your gear, so rather than a laundry list of items to get, you should start out by getting a Ring of Royal Grandeur and crafting Aughild's and Asheara's to replace some the rares and middling legendaries. That has the additional benefit of re-crafting until you get high rolls, and RORG will help abuse as many set bonuses as you can get until you get to the end-game items.

For a list of the end-game to look for, just look at the top Monks on the global/NA leaderboards. That should give a pretty clear path on what items to watch for/roll at Kadala, and what builds are used.

I did look them up and Sunwuko definitely tops a lot of the lists. And yes, that would do wonders. Hmmm... would look to replace that rare ring that I have as well. But yeah, getting it would be a fun pain. Sadly, a full time job and other games, keep me from just spending a full day or two or three to get one.

StMeph

I did look them up and Sunwuko definitely tops a lot of the lists. And yes, that would do wonders. Hmmm... would look to replace that rare ring that I have as well. But yeah, getting it would be a fun pain. Sadly, a full time job and other games, keep me from just spending a full day or two or three to get one.

T6 bounties have a 100% cache-specific legendary drop rate, so it's mostly a matter of leeching some friendly bounty runs. Usually people don't mind helping in GAF.

RORG is seriously the easiest end-game item to get now, for any build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom