• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T6 bounties have a 100% cache-specific legendary drop rate, so it's mostly a matter of leeching some friendly bounty runs. Usually people don't mind helping in GAF.

RORG is seriously the easiest end-game item to get now, for any build.

And I can see why it's necessary. When I first read it, I thought it meant itself (yes, stupid me) and then I re-read it and it's holy shit lol. But yeah, we're going up to T3 soon. I keep thinking that I'm going to get royally owned with my stuff if I tried to do T6 bounties (even with my friends).

Begaria

Damn, I was close to getting a good Hellfire Amulet that time. It actually nailed one of the passives that I wanted, but the STR was a low roll, the crit chance was 9%, and it rolled with vitality and +physical damage. I would've been fine if the vit or +phys was a high crit damage or socket! So frustrating.

T6 bounties have a 100% cache-specific legendary drop rate, so it's mostly a matter of leeching some friendly bounty runs. Usually people don't mind helping in GAF.

RORG is seriously the easiest end-game item to get now, for any build.

Head: Sunwuko's Crown
Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance
Amulet: Ouroboros
Chest: Heart of the Crashing Wave
Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
Wrists: Reapers Wraps/Aughild's Search
Ring: Skull Grasp/Stone of Jordan
Ring: Royal Ring of Grandeur
Belt: Thundergod's Vigor
Pants: Scales of the Dancing Serpent
Boots: Eight-Demon Boots
Weapon: Lai Yui's Persuader (changed to Lightning damage)

How does that sound with a run? Running two sets and their best attributes, yet still being lightning based for attacks.

3 from Raiment of a Thousand Storms and 3 from the Sunwuko set. +500 dex, +15% damage for lightning skills, +20% all damage with daibo, and big exploding guy.

All I need to do is put a slot in one of my accessories so I can use the Wreath of Lightning.

mercviper

Sorry I missed the link above.

Looking at what you have now, a few things jump out at me:

-no sweeping winds
Even when we were ltk spamming, sweeping winds was a huge chunk of our damage. Not having that on your bars is kinda crazy if you're hurting for damage. I would use bladestorm if you're below 40% crit and cyclone (also a lit skill!) beyond that.

- rare boots/chest
You can easily replace these with the crafted sets I mentioned, notably cains/aughilds.

Since you don't have a RoRG, look for using aughild's shoulder/chest/bracers and try to get dex/vit rolls above 470. Chests and shoulders are eHP pieces so look for all resist as a third stat. Also, for the chest, until you make the royal/flawless royal gems, I'd stick with just diamonds in the sockets

Cain's you only need 2 pieces so I would replace your helm or your pants to go with the boots. Probably the helm. Again try to get dex/vit rolls above 470. Boots are also eHP so again get all resists if possible.

- no crit on helm/bracers
For a lit build, you want to be critting as much as you can to abuse the tornados from sw:cyclone. Not seeing crit on either of these pieces is a lot of damage lost.

I think making those changes will help out a lot for going into T3. You can save refining the gear and getting perfect rolls on all 6 stats for later.

Other things to consider:

- Dashing strike over serenity
DS is a great utility spell that can be used to stay out of trouble, and if you're never in trouble you never need to use serenity.

- Lashing Tail Kick over Wave of Light
I like bells but ltk offers a better damage:spirit ratio and the lightning rune stuns as well.

eek5

So what I've been doing is starting Grifts at level 1 and working my way up. I usually only go up to level 25 but I get a pretty steady flow of legs from the RG (got a witching hour from a level 1 guardian yesterday lol) and about 350+ shards after all is said and done. Still haven't determined if this is more or less efficient than running T6 rifts but I've been getting so fed up with running multiple T6s with little to no legs coming out of it.

So in short, 1 greater key, 4 greater rifts up to around level 25, about ~7+ legendaries, and ~350+ shards.

The problem is you get way less XP from GR (significantly so). You might get more leg/hr maybe (idk) but even if you get the leg you want you'll have no mats to roll it.

I think doing anything under than 21 is a waste because you get less shards. At 21 you get at least equiv to T6 shards but depending on your build the time diff between 21-25 might be negligible.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you there are maps where you can clear in 2.5-3min which is pretty rare in GR. I used to run max speed build on my WD clearing GR and I'd get maximum speed of ~3.5min whereas I did a couple normal runs and was running 2.5's consistently with the same build.

You can make trials slightly better by running boon of hoarder, tping out then coming back to get 4-5mil gold per trial but still a waste of time IMO.

Leg drop rate under 21 is sketchy and even above 21 you sometimes get no drops.

No graveyard, no fields in GR. Lots of the shitty mazy rifts and sometimes you get ones with verrry low density which will take longer to clear.

Overall I think speed running T6 w/ a group is still #1.

Sorry I missed the link above.

Looking at what you have now, a few things jump out at me:

-no sweeping winds
Even when we were ltk spamming, sweeping winds was a huge chunk of our damage. Not having that on your bars is kinda crazy if you're hurting for damage. I would use bladestorm if you're below 40% crit and cyclone (also a lit skill!) beyond that.

- rare boots/chest
You can easily replace these with the crafted sets I mentioned, notably cains/aughilds.

Since you don't have a RoRG, look for using aughild's shoulder/chest/bracers and try to get dex/vit rolls above 470. Chests and shoulders are eHP pieces so look for all resist as a third stat. Also, for the chest, until you make the royal/flawless royal gems, I'd stick with just diamonds in the sockets

Cain's you only need 2 pieces so I would replace your helm or your pants to go with the boots. Probably the helm. Again try to get dex/vit rolls above 470. Boots are also eHP so again get all resists if possible.

- no crit on helm/bracers
For a lit build, you want to be critting as much as you can to abuse the tornados from sw:cyclone. Not seeing crit on either of these pieces is a lot of damage lost.

I think making those changes will help out a lot for going into T3. You can save refining the gear and getting perfect rolls on all 6 stats for later.

Other things to consider:

- Dashing strike over serenity
DS is a great utility spell that can be used to stay out of trouble, and if you're never in trouble you never need to use serenity.

- Lashing Tail Kick over Wave of Light
I like bells but ltk offers a better damage:spirit ratio and the lightning rune stuns as well.

I need to get these things though for the most part. Using Wave of Light, especially if I take away Serenity to do Sweeping Wind, I would have multiple moves to do 75 spirit to do the last part of the Sunkuwo set to help blow up people. Basically, I haven't found a whole lot of equipment. I know I need to find more. Only played maybe... 40 some hours?

Xeteh

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...15XP5yztWNzH6Y/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Looking at these drop rates is always frustrating. I've found 5 unities, 4 SoJs, and 3 Xephirian Amulets on seasons. Why can't I find The Furnace :(.

I've found 2 Furnaces (just found the second an hour or two ago) and yet I've never seen a Xphirian, Starmetal Kukri or even a Zuni Mojo (yeah I don't know how that last one works). (Though it seems SMK has a crap droprate on top of the fact that I feels like I never see legendary Ceremonial Knives drop).

Drops are frustrating!

Finally found a Blackthorne's Belt (I somehow hadn't found one of these either) on my WD which I've been wanting for a Tiki tank build. It rolls Strength. THANKS GAME!

For the RoRG, I was reading on a wiki that it's best to try to farm for it on the lower levels? Mainly because we can blow through them faster for more chances or some crap like that?

Xeteh

For the RoRG, I was reading on a wiki that it's best to try to farm for it on the lower levels? Mainly because we can blow through them faster for more chances or some crap like that?

I think that might be dated info. T6 caches will drop a legendary 100% of the time so if you can handle T6 you should farm for it there. There are always split farming groups where you can get a cache in the time it takes you to do one bounty, too.

mercviper

I need to get these things though for the most part. Using Wave of Light, especially if I take away Serenity to do Sweeping Wind, I would have multiple moves to do 75 spirit to do the last part of the Sunkuwo set to help blow up people. Basically, I haven't found a whole lot of equipment. I know I need to find more. Only played maybe... 40 some hours?

Even without having specific access to drops like Aughilds/Cains the basic stats apply for gearing. I'm not even saying to look specifically for SWK or anything, but you're missing what I consider essential stats on bracers/helm. And replacing the emeralds in your chest with imperial diamonds is something I'd do now until you can afford the best emeralds. Like I said before I even saw your gear, just focus on getting upgrades for your current stuff, which at a glance seems to be chest/boots/rings. Finding some trifecta rings will help your damage a lot. Rolling crit on your current helm/bracers will help your damage a lot. Hell, you're also missing 110% CHD from an emerald in your weapon which is practically mandatory.

re: 75 spirit for SWK, it's for every 75 spirit spent, not every time you spend 75 spirit at once. That means casting 3 LTKs (150 spirit total) will produce 2 clones and 2 WoL (150 spirit total) will produce 2 clones. So really you only run into trouble making clones if you can't spend your spirit fast enough.

Also, I saw you mention changing your persuader to lit damage? That doesn't affect anything. +lit dmg only affects skills that are runed lightning; the base damage does not matter. For example, the only thing your current build has that benefits from +lightning damage is Wave of Light.

Even without having specific access to drops like Aughilds/Cains the basic stats apply for gearing. I'm not even saying to look specifically for SWK or anything, but you're missing what I consider essential stats on bracers/helm. And replacing the emeralds in your chest with imperial diamonds is something I'd do now until you can afford the best emeralds. Like I said before I even saw your gear, just focus on getting upgrades for your current stuff, which at a glance seems to be chest/boots/rings. Finding some trifecta rings will help your damage a lot. Rolling crit on your current helm/bracers will help your damage a lot. Hell, you're also missing 110% CHD from an emerald in your weapon which is practically mandatory.

re: 75 spirit for SWK, it's for every 75 spirit spent, not every time you spend 75 spirit at once. That means casting 3 LTKs (150 spirit total) will produce 2 clones and 2 WoL (150 spirit total) will produce 2 clones. So really you only run into trouble making clones if you can't spend your spirit fast enough.

Also, I saw you mention changing your persuader to lit damage? That doesn't affect anything. +lit dmg only affects skills that are runed lightning; the base damage does not matter. For example, the only thing your current build has that benefits from +lightning damage is Wave of Light.

Oh okay, thanks for the last part. So if something sucks on it, I'll change it. I'd need to make a few imperial diamonds then. The Blinding Flash really helps in terms of getting a quick gain in spirit back. Especially with huge mobs.

Addnan

Shiiit, got my last piece of Raiment and I think I could be useful now.. This is so cool. I can now see ridiculously high numbers pop up on my screen
P2sx6V6l.jpg

Xeteh

How big of a waste would it be to use a Gift on a Furnace so that I can reroll the Int in to Strength to use on a Crusader/Barbarian?

Bombless

5% Attack Speed (bleh) and 48% Elite damage. I just figure I might as well since I'm more likely to find another gift before I find another Furnace.

I found so many of those, my buddies take me along just on the off chance I'll get more and pass them along. I just wish I found weapons I can use them on :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]

Items

The number of Rare crafting materials that will drop from monsters (including Rift Guardians) will be greatly increased

Well thank fuck for that. I spent 300m and 1000 crystals today and didn't get higher than 11% Sentry on my quiver. I have been crystal starved for as long as I can remember, even though I loot everything.

ZenaxPure

Well thank fuck for that. I spent 300m and 1000 crystals today and didn't get higher than 11% Sentry on my quiver. I have been crystal starved for as long as I can remember, even though I loot everything.

Best thing I've read all day. I had a huge stockpile on non-seasons so it hasn't mattered as much, but, on seasons I've been running on fumes when it comes to veiled crystals. Use them up the moment I get them. I hope this buff is a hefty one.

Lain

i think that's the issue with the game, isnt it? I haven't ran a grfit yet on my 970, but haven't ran into that.

If you're feeling adventurous, downsample. looks great and still runs well.

Tried DSR with the game, it looks nice. also today I didn't have the same level of graphic lag/freezes when doing trials. So weird.

In other news, I found a Furnace.
I still haven't found a gift, so i'm not going to use it yet, but when I do, what should I reroll? The dmg to try and get closer to the max, or the CDR to get the 10% dmg bonus?

Tried DSR with the game, it looks nice. also today I didn't have the same level of graphic lag/freezes when doing trials. So weird.

In other news, I found a Furnace.

I still haven't found a gift, so i'm not going to use it yet, but when I do, what should I reroll? The dmg to try and get closer to the max, or the CDR to get the 10% dmg bonus?

Loh for 10% dmg.

Shifty76

Shiiit, got my last piece of Raiment and I think I could be useful now.. This is so cool. I can now see ridiculously high numbers pop up on my screen
P2sx6V6l.jpg
What if I told you my SWK clones hit for 170m in a similar aoe and that I could summon 3 of them per second?

eek5

What if I told you my SWK clones hit for 170m in a similar aoe and that I could summon 3 of them per second?

It would probably crush him to find out that sentries hit for like 35mil and can hit like 20 times per second or some bullshit while you AFK 3 rooms away.

Addnan

It would probably crush him to find out that sentries hit for like 35mil and can hit like 20 times per second or some bullshit while you AFK 3 rooms away.
:( Took me so long to find 5 pieces of Raiment. Only have a single SWK. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I knew it is better but I didn't really look into how much better it is... Have enough Inna in my inventory for the mantras, so that's something.

eek5

:( Took me so long to find 5 pieces of Raiment. Only have a single SWK. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I knew it is better but I didn't really look into how much better it is... Have enough Inna in my inventory for the mantras, so that's something.

Don't worry man we've all been there. I was devestated when I finished raiment only to find out it is awful. Even if it was competitive with SWK I'd prefer to play SWK because you don't have to give yourself a headache dashing full screen back and forth. I don't know who thought up the bonus for that set but they are terrible.

I actually have a monk with like 94% lightning, elite dmg, full raiment, jawbreaker... can't even clear T6 rofl.

ZenaxPure

I actually have a monk with like 94% lightning, elite dmg, full raiment, jawbreaker... can't even clear T6 rofl.

Weird, I don't have much trouble with T6 on my raiment monk. I mean I'm not gonna sit here and defend it cause it's the least amount of fun I've ever had with a build in this game.... but I found it fine for clearing T6.

That said I haven't played her at all this patch so im unsure if they changed anything. After the season ends I'm just going to give her my seasonal monks gear and never look back!

eek5

Weird, I don't have much trouble with T6 on my raiment monk. I mean I'm not gonna sit here and defend it cause it's the least amount of fun I've ever had with a build in this game.... but I found it fine for clearing T6.

That said I haven't played her at all this patch so im unsure if they changed anything. After the season ends I'm just going to give her my seasonal monks gear and never look back!

Keep in mind I'm comparing this to MoJ T&T WD, M6 DH, SWK FD Monk, FB Maximus Wiz.

I should've been more clear. I'm talking about farming T6. I could clear T6 with any build but it would be pointless. The build is just slow as shit unless you get a large open map.

Pepto

Banned
Finally found a Blackthorne's Belt (I somehow hadn't found one of these either) on my WD which I've been wanting for a Tiki tank build. It rolls Strength. THANKS GAME!

Str can be better than int on the Tiki build. You need more EHP than DPS.

Ayumi

Since I haven't played Barb in a very long time, I was curious about what made Barbarians recently overtake DH? They used to be very far down on the list, but according to diabloprogress.com they're taking over the ladder. Can someone explain to me the chances that made this possible?

ZenaxPure

Keep in mind I'm comparing this to MoJ T&T WD, M6 DH, SWK FD Monk, FB Maximus Wiz.

I should've been more clear. I'm talking about farming T6. I could clear T6 with any build but it would be pointless. The build is just slow as shit unless you get a large open map.

Nah I figured as much, that was part of my point. My T6 clear speeds were fine with raiment monk before the patch. But part of that was also switching to a furnace for guardians (and the occasional extra health yellow pack) so imagine it has gotten somewhat slower due to that alone (RIP 10 second RG kills). Either way I don't like the build mechanically or actually playing it so meh. No interest in doing so again.

Since I haven't played Barb in a very long time, I was curious about what made Barbarians recently overtake DH? They used to be very far down on the list, but according to diabloprogress.com they're taking over the ladder. Can someone explain to me the chances that made this possible?

Conduit pylons. Nothing has changed, it's just the barbarian meta has shifted. Our single target damage caps out really early but Raekor is still the best AOE in the game without a doubt. 1000% weapon damage attack that gains 30% more damage each mob it hits + area damage procs + bloodshed procs (20% of each critical strike hits every other nearby enemy) that has no cooldown. Even in the GR 40s a barbarian can fill in the progress bar in less than 5 minutes assuming density isn't garbage.

So right now all high end barbarians are just fishing for good rifts. They will clear a rift near 100% and then spend the rest of the time wandering around looking for power and conduit pylons and then spawn the rift guardian when they find one. If there isn't one they will just leave the game and try again.

I'm actually kind of annoyed about it because blizzard implemented greater rifts as a way to track power levels of classes/builds and that is currently not working for barbarians. If they removed pylons and reset the leaderboard there probably wouldn't be many barbs crossing the GR 40 mark.

Unfortunately I am away until Saturday night for work but happy to say I completed m6 yesterday. It is a bad m6 and pretty much every piece of gear on me needs work(including non marauders pieces) but it is amazing being able to clear t6 rifts in around 15 minutes. The highest I have ever got prior to this on any character is t3. I am doing t5 to keep the run speed down but being able to do t6 is an accomplishment for me. Now to begin fixing my gear and climbing the grift system.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, the hotfix hasn't gone live yet? I was hoping I'd wake up to it.

Meteorain

Don't worry man we've all been there. I was devestated when I finished raiment only to find out it is awful. Even if it was competitive with SWK I'd prefer to play SWK because you don't have to give yourself a headache dashing full screen back and forth. I don't know who thought up the bonus for that set but they are terrible.

Except playing SWK threatens to leave you with missing buttons on your keyboard.

Ingeniero

I found two gifts yesterday, both in the same hour lol.

I was dumb enough to think that you can use them to socket the ammy or rings, I was debating which leg gem to use in my ring after the gift lol.

Well fuck :/

Ayumi

I found two gifts yesterday, both in the same hour lol.

I was dumb enough to think that you can use them to socket the ammy or rings, I was debating which leg gem to use in my ring after the gift lol.

Well fuck :/

At least we can only hope they would add this as a thing on gear.. although that would've been extremely OP.

av2k

Can anyone give me a rough summary on how to start gearing up my Crusader please? My wizard is getting pretty stale trying to grind for a Furnace or Sunkeeper.

zanyu

What gear are you running for those kind of numbers?

On average I'm hitting around 80-100 mill. Unless you're considering harrington's.

I completed grift35 as a monk, and I'm satisfied with how far I've gotten. Looking for upgrades is just min/mnaxing at this point, ammy, rings, better weapon.

Patch 2.1 is my first time ever leveling/playing a monk and have enjoyed it quite a bit. It's done quite a number on my fingers though.

I've leveled a barb and wizard in my off-time just to get a change of pace of things. But I've been logging on less and less for d3 and sort of went back to path. I like the idea of just screwing around with random abilities and builds as well as the idea of trading.

Shifty76

Have enough Inna in my inventory for the mantras, so that's something.

If you have a Flying Dragon you'll want to avoid those Inna's pieces as the cheap SW is actually detrimental to spawning clones (you WANT to be spending lots of spirit!). Without a FD you won't be generating spirit nearly as quick, so it's not as big of a deal.

I don't see gifts on jewelry happening... although if they want us to progress beyond GRift 45-46, we're going to need some boosts in power. I have a 5-stat ring with dmg, dex, crit chance, crit dmg, and attack speed that I'd LOVE to add a socket to :)

Shifty76

What gear are you running for those kind of numbers?

On average I'm hitting around 80-100 mill. Unless you're considering harrington's.

I completed grift35 as a monk, and I'm satisfied with how far I've gotten. Looking for upgrades is just min/mnaxing at this point, ammy, rings, better weapon.

Patch 2.1 is my first time ever leveling/playing a monk and have enjoyed it quite a bit. It's done quite a number on my fingers though.

I've leveled a barb and wizard in my off-time just to get a change of pace of things. But I've been logging on less and less for d3 and sort of went back to path. I like the idea of just screwing around with random abilities and builds as well as the idea of trading.

No Harringtons - WH is too strong, plus no clickables in most GRifts makes it useless.
Buffed up I get to around 5.5m sheet dps with a decent amount of +elite dmg

StMeph

Can anyone give me a rough summary on how to start gearing up my Crusader please? My wizard is getting pretty stale trying to grind for a Furnace or Sunkeeper.

The process is basically the same for any class:

1. Craft set and legendary gear
2. Get Ring of Royal Grandeur to abuse crafted set bonuses
3. Run rifts and spend shards to chase the appropriate class set
4. Get a build-defining item and build around it

1 + 2 should get you into T3/T4 without much trouble. After that you do need some end-game-y pieces. Look at the global leaderboard rankings to see what items to look for and roll at Kadala.

ferr

Recently got an Etrayu and a pretty nice Frostburn. I feel like I'm clearing T6 more easily/quickly with this (still no TnT derp). The Etrayu and Frostburn both lack +AS, so I'm unable to get to 2.16bp as easily.. so I swapped out my +Fire Lacuni's for +cold Custerians and transferred +AS paragons to +CHD. I've always wanted a build that can make use of Frostburn, it's unfortunate that it seems like sentries don't proc the frozen effect. Still nice, though.

Duress

The process is basically the same for any class:

1. Craft set and legendary gear
2. Get Ring of Royal Grandeur to abuse crafted set bonuses
3. Run rifts and spend shards to chase the appropriate class set
4. Get a build-defining item and build around it

1 + 2 should get you into T3/T4 without much trouble. After that you do need some end-game-y pieces. Look at the global leaderboard rankings to see what items to look for and roll at Kadala.

I also find running games with other players, helps too. If not for a bit of carry, and a boost in magic find

Xeteh

With all the Monk talk happening I'm wondering if I can get some advice on mine.

I feel squishy in T6 games, I can handle them but I can also die pretty fast. I'm not entirely sold on Mystic Ally but those boots are the best I have and I feel kind of silly using them but not using MA.

Tom Penny

If you have a Flying Dragon you'll want to avoid those Inna's pieces as the cheap SW is actually detrimental to spawning clones (you WANT to be spending lots of spirit!). Without a FD you won't be generating spirit nearly as quick, so it's not as big of a deal.

I require my wrists to function so that's what autokey is for. Shhh don't tell Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom