• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

so can someone explain to me like I'm 5 how the SWK monk works and why its so good?

You spam Mantra and Sweeping Wind to shit out a bunch of exploding clones while simultaneously attacking with your generator, proccing Flying Dragon and refilling your Spirit to enable continued clone shitting.

mercviper

No Harringtons - WH is too strong, plus no clickables in most GRifts makes it useless.
Buffed up I get to around 5.5m sheet dps with a decent amount of +elite dmg

Yeah I'm confused too. I see ~90m crits at most versus trash and ~145m against elites with comparable stats. Must be the FD since mine is pretty average. I know the sheet difference is because I'm missing CC, but with similar CHD I should be seeing similar high end numbers, right?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/52966686

With all the Monk talk happening I'm wondering if I can get some advice on mine.

I feel squishy in T6 games, I can handle them but I can also die pretty fast. I'm not entirely sold on Mystic Ally but those boots are the best I have and I feel kind of silly using them but not using MA.
Looks pretty good. One thing that's really helped me in survivability is putting lpss on my FD. You basically cannot die as long as you don't get 1 shot by molten/hammer lord and you are attacking something. So what I'm saying is find a gift and reroll that socket. :p Also, I'd give FoT:quickening a try over WotHF:FoF. I find I get more spirit with quickening even with a peshkov for 100% BoH uptime. Dumping more clones should make up for the loss in mirinae procs as well as help survivability because you're spending more spirit and not attacking as fast into reflect.

I require my wrists to function so that's what autokey is for. Shhh don't tell Blizzard.

This so much. I use macros but I wrote it such that I have to hold the key down for the skill to mash. You can spam mantra standing around in town that way so you should be able to in combat too!

Shifty76

Man, I gotta get me one of them Flying Dragons haha. But yeah dude, I'm surprised you're not dying faster with that kind of Toughness.

Not sure who that was directed at, but if it was me I'm usually sitting around 50m toughness for elite fights, with double unity on top of that.

@Insaniac: It's pretty simple. The whole point of the build is to spawn as many clones as you can. Each is spawned when you spend 75 spirit, and each deals 3500% weapon dmg in an aoe. Spirit spent "carries over" so if you spend say 100 spirit, you'll get a clone, then the other 25 "carries over" towards the next 75. Those clones will hit anywhere from 80m - 200m dmg each, depending how good your gear is, and with max uptime you can generate 3.33 of them per second, making them at least 3 x stronger than our next strongest build (Raiment), assuming it being played perfectly every time.

SW and mantra are the two preferred abilities to spam to spend that spirit because they don't interrupt your primary attack. Things like CS or bells do interrupt the attack. Not interrupting your attack is important because that's where you get the majority of your spirit from, that's what procs your FD, and that's what procs your leg gems. So gameplay wise you'll be holding down your main attack (usually FoF, but some like Quickening) and tapping SW and mantra twice per second each (they can only be cast twice per second)

Another benefit of spamming the mantra is that you have the mantra active ability up 100% of the time, whether that is the extra dodge from MoS Agility, extra resists from Perseverance, extra shield from MoH: ToN, or extra dmg from MoC.

Flying Dragon proc doubles your attack speed, so when it procs and when you have BoH:IWL active you can generate 250 spirit/sec, which is huge for allowing you to spawn tons of clones.

Insaniac

Not sure who that was directed at, but if it was me I'm usually sitting around 50m toughness for elite fights, with double unity on top of that.

@Insaniac: It's pretty simple. The whole point of the build is to spawn as many clones as you can. Each is spawned when you spend 75 spirit, and each deals 3500% weapon dmg in an aoe. Spirit spent "carries over" so if you spend say 100 spirit, you'll get a clone, then the other 25 "carries over" towards the next 75. Those clones will hit anywhere from 80m - 200m dmg each, depending how good your gear is, and with max uptime you can generate 3.33 of them per second, making them at least 3 x stronger than our next strongest build (Raiment), assuming it being played perfectly every time.

SW and mantra are the two preferred abilities to spam to spend that spirit because they don't interrupt your primary attack. Things like CS or bells do interrupt the attack. Not interrupting your attack is important because that's where you get the majority of your spirit from, that's what procs your FD, and that's what procs your leg gems. So gameplay wise you'll be holding down your main attack (usually FoF, but some like Quickening) and tapping SW and mantra twice per second each (they can only be cast twice per second)

Another benefit of spamming the mantra is that you have the mantra active ability up 100% of the time, whether that is the extra dodge from MoS Agility, extra resists from Perseverance, extra shield from MoH: ToN, or extra dmg from MoC.

Flying Dragon proc doubles your attack speed, so when it procs and when you have BoH:IWL active you can generate 250 spirit/sec, which is huge for allowing you to spawn tons of clones.

I see, so the breath of heaven / fof spirit generation still works? I thought that got nerfed/changed at some point. And from what I hear, life per spirit spent is the main way of survivability?

mercviper

I see, so the breath of heaven / fof spirit generation still works? I thought that got nerfed/changed at some point. And from what I hear, life per spirit spent is the main way of survivability?

It's not the infinite spirit generation that it used to be, but rather FoF is used because the dot application has an equivalent on-hit coefficient, so instead of ~0.75 chance to proc on-hit effects, FoF has ~0.75+~0.75 = ~1.5 chance to proc on hit effects like BoH/Mirinae

ferr

I have a disgusting amount of forgotten souls from all the Gladiators, Magefists, Marauders and Shadow Grasps. I might just give up and hope for a drop and try to roll a witching hour instead.

No TnT for me either. Yet I've had 4 frostburn (2 kadala and 2 from normal drops)..

zanyu

Yeah pretty much sums up our healing for survival. With LPSS we get about 50-60k every few seconds.

LoH isn't terrible either, you take what you can get on your FD.

FD makes the world of difference. I had an old FD that was under 3.4k DPS with 10% damage. Versus a 3.7k Inna's Just screwing around if the consistent dps would outweigh the proc, it doesn't. :(

@mercviper

Just looked at your profile, you could potentially wear blackthorne's boots, gain another 250 vit, 10% dam and red against elites.

Belt wise, bis is witching hour. But if you don't have that, if you have a spare string of ears laying around is probably a great option. If not, use a vigilante belt. No point of using captain's belt without set bonuses.

Xeteh

@mercviper

Just looked at your profile, you could potentially wear blackthorne's boots, gain another 250 vit, 10% dam and red against elites.

Belt wise, bis is witching hour. But if you don't have that, if you have a spare string of ears laying around is probably a great option. If not, use a vigilante belt. No point of using captain's belt without set bonuses.

I think you were looking at mine, Merc has WH. It is the only belt I have at the moment but I am keeping an eye out, I was using Captain's Boots up until I got Crudest.

Chocobro

With all the Monk talk happening I'm wondering if I can get some advice on mine.

I feel squishy in T6 games, I can handle them but I can also die pretty fast. I'm not entirely sold on Mystic Ally but those boots are the best I have and I feel kind of silly using them but not using MA.

Doesn't seem like you have anything to heal yourself. Try switching one of your passives for Transcendence; it's what I'm doing until I find a FD where I can reroll for LPPS.

EDIT: Here's my monk, but my unity and RoRG is on my DH.

StMeph

Welp, found an Unrelenting Phalanx, guess I'm switching to a Stampede build. I assume Furnace is BiS for this build?

Assuming GRs, Furnace > Heart Slaughter > Baleful Remnant > everything else, as it's all the same.

Assuming T6 and below, Baleful Remnant is enough to crush everything with a small army.

I have a disgusting amount of forgotten souls from all the Gladiators, Magefists, Marauders and Shadow Grasps. I might just give up and hope for a drop and try to roll a witching hour instead.

Well i wish you luck. I wouldnt give up on TnT tho its far more important then Witching hour there are a lot of good alternatives to WH like Black notch belt(in combo with Duncraig cross),Harrington or String of Ears(for defense) There is no pair of gloves that comes close to TnT. If you do not have Tnt yet i would use the Leorics head instead of Marauder Visage the 20-25% cooldown reduction is always nice.

StMeph

Well i wish you luck. I wouldnt give up on TnT tho its far more important then Witching hour there are a lot of good alternatives to WH like Black notch belt(in combo with Duncraig cross),Harrington or String of Ears(for defense) There is no pair of gloves that comes close to TnT.

Agreed. Tasker and Theo is usually worth about 2 breakpoints, which is a significant DPS increase. It's something like a gain of 40-50% DPS on its own, and really what drives DH Sentries up into its own GR tier.

Witching Hour just provides a CHD boost from a slot that doesn't normally carry it. It's a luxury item.

VoxPop

Well i wish you luck. I wouldnt give up on TnT tho its far more important then Witching hour there are a lot of good alternatives to WH like Black notch belt(in combo with Duncraig cross),Harrington or String of Ears(for defense) There is no pair of gloves that comes close to TnT. If you do not have Tnt yet i would use the Leorics head instead of Marauder Visage the 20-25% cooldown reduction is always nice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VoxPop-1238/hero/52899192

This is my situation right now. Using Gladiator gaunts =T

Still in need of a couple of upgrades but its been hard to come by.

I'm thinking of dropping the Custom Engineering passive and replacing it with Archery or something. I think 4 sentries with boosted damage would be better than 5 sentries with less damage.

I still havent gotten into hitting the sentry breakpoints yet as I'm waiting on the TNT to start.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VoxPop-1238/hero/52899192

This is my situation right now. Using Gladiator gaunts =T

Still in need of a couple of upgrades but its been hard to come by.

I'm thinking of dropping the Custom Engineering passive and replacing it with Archery or something. I think 4 sentries with boosted damage would be better than 5 sentries with less damage.

I still havent gotten into hitting the sentry breakpoints yet as I'm waiting on the TNT to start.

I would use Ballistics,Awareness(higher grifts)/Archery,Cull of the weak and steady aim. Why did you roll off the element on your SOJ? 20% frost dmg is far better then 6% crit chance. You have a really nice rolled SOJ if you roll back the elemental dmg.

If you get a good pair of M gloves i would replace Visage with a 90%+ Leorics Crown. I would just keep going for Tnt though it would drop eventually.

VoxPop

I would use Ballistics,Awareness(higher grifts)/Archery,Cull of the weak and steady aim. Why did you roll off the element on your SOJ? 20% frost dmg is far better then 6% crit chance. You have a really nice rolled SOJ if you roll back the elemental dmg.

If you get a good pair of M gloves i would replace Visage with a 90%+ Leorics Crown. I would just keep going for Tnt though it would drop eventually.

Is the 20% cold damage that much better?

I also have a Hellfire Amulet with Dex, 60% CHD, 20% Cold, Socket and Archery passive. Would that be better than the Flavor of Time I'm using?

Haha I've been looking for a Leoric's as well but they always tease me with like 20 Broken Crowns.

Is the 20% cold damage that much better?

I also have a Hellfire Amulet with Dex, 60% CHD, 20% Cold, Socket and Archery passive. Would that be better than the Flavor of Time I'm using?

No i would certainly keep the Flavour of time it has far better stats. But ye 20% cold>6% CC anytime. Whats your CC at without the 6% from SoJ?

Tiamant

Hi guys, new PS4 player here.

I'm trying to play online but I never find anyone, I don't know how to join a game. I've set the multiplayer option to public but it doesnt seems to do anything. And yes, I'm PS+

Help!

neoism

Tried DSR with the game, it looks nice. also today I didn't have the same level of graphic lag/freezes when doing trials. So weird.

In other news, I found a Furnace.

I still haven't found a gift, so i'm not going to use it yet, but when I do, what should I reroll? The dmg to try and get closer to the max, or the CDR to get the 10% dmg bonus?

damn man what res you play the game at :O

I got a SWK helm for the first time EVER... literally couldn't be worse.. :/

ZenaxPure

Assuming GRs, Furnace > Heart Slaughter > Baleful Remnant > everything else, as it's all the same.

Assuming T6 and below, Baleful Remnant is enough to crush everything with a small army.

It's a shame Baleful Remnant becomes less useful the higher you go into GRs, it's actually my favorite weapon to use with the Stampede build. Having a crap load of dudes run around punching stuff in the face as you throw horses around is hilarious.

Got a new laptop and D3 is like a whole new game. Can actually play at 60 fps at 1080p as opposed to my sub 30 fps at lowest res experience.

Sent a request to join GAF community. Would love to start doing 4 man rifts now that D3 isn't a slideshow. I main Wiz and am at para 430

Ayumi

I've literally spent like 500k shards and still no Tasker..

Anyone want to run for keys/Hellfire amulets tonight?

How do you get 500k shards with only 304 paragon levels?

He didn't though, so don't worry about it. (Not trying to call him out, just telling you not to worry about it since it's not possible.)

UKjC5wt.png

Gabynator (Paragon 1020 + 603 Seasonal) has collected 852k in total (both seasonal and non-seasonal). Not even around Paragon 700 is it normal to have 300k shards (but fully possible). 500k at <600 is preeeetty hard.

Got a new laptop and D3 is like a whole new game. Can actually play at 60 fps at 1080p as opposed to my sub 30 fps at lowest res experience.
Did you have the "Low FX" box checked under video settings? I have to run Low FX on my desktop when I'm doing 4 player rifts.

Monks are absolute beast btw. I've been running T6 with a monk friend and he's pretty much invincible. I can keep up with him but only with Ignore Pain active. Without Ignore Pain I can get instagibbed pretty easily... timing is important.

Hi guys.

Finally got that full M6 and am currently chasing down T&T. This should be fun.

Any decent spreadsheets/programs to help with reforging and gearing choices from here on out? Been successful in t6 but things can always die quicker.

Also, can I get an add back into the GAF clan. Was booted several patches ago for my inactivity. You know, back when the game was broke and dead :D

Addnan

Would I be better of speeding my way through T1-4 or struggle through T5/6 rifts looking for last piece of SWK for my monk?

Celegus

Would I be better of speeding my way through T1-4 or struggle through T5/6 rifts looking for last piece of SWK for my monk?

Whichever gets you the most shards the fastest, since it's probably going to come from Kadala. Probably T4 if you're playing solo, but there's usually plenty of people like myself that don't mind if you'd tag along in a T6 game.

Addnan

Whichever gets you the most shards the fastest, since it's probably going to come from Kadala. Probably T4 if you're playing solo, but there's usually plenty of people like myself that don't mind if you'd tag along in a T6 game.

I would love to tag along but I am guessing majority of you are on the US servers. I play on the Europe servers. Addnan#2643 just in case though!

Celegus

I would love to tag along but I am guessing majority of you are on the US servers. I play on the Europe servers. Addnan#2643 just in case though!

Ah yeah sorry, US here.

Has there been any word on when Season 1 will be ending yet? Been away for the past week with moving, so I'm not sure if anything has been said yet. Hopefully soon!

Tom Penny

I can't get farther than 34 with my monk solo.I guess if I get a super lucky grift. My wack 3200 flying dragon isn't cutting it at this point.

Ayumi

So, I got a Furnace today! (Didn't have an unused Rama's so my friend gave me his~)

But then I accidentally rolled VIT into %dmg instead of AS (7%). I guess it's not the biggest mistake I could've done, but it bothers me and I notice my toughness is kinda bad right now. At least the Furnace I got had only 41% bonus damage. I'd be furious if it was 47% or above. lol

Besides, I can get VIT from other places (gonna replace my helmet's diamond I think).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Picked up the game on PS4 today after being away from D3 since before loot was fixed.

It pained me to lose all my characters, but these things are transient. Nothing lasts forever.

Anyway! I started playing, and I'm pretty much alone. Is the PS4 community dead already? I'm unimpressed with the multiplayer options (pretty much the only thing I'm unimpressed with), but I'm also in Japan, so I'm playing at odd times by US standards.

I'm also low level, having started again, so that probably makes matchmaking near impossible right now. Are people still playing on PS4? If so, I'll keep trucking and get up to where everyone is.

(Maybe I'll even relevel my old classes)

Shifty76

I can't get farther than 34 with my monk solo.I guess if I get a super lucky grift. My wack 3200 flying dragon isn't cutting it at this point.
Highest I managed so far is 35, but I'm not too hardcore about trying to go further. It's just too dependent on rng giving good density, which I'm not a fan of

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I haven't played since Destiny came out, and just noticed they fixed Fetish survivability, so that's cool. I still need a dagger of darts so I can try out a legit carnevil build.

VoxPop

He didn't though, so don't worry about it. (Not trying to call him out, just telling you not to worry about it since it's not possible.)

UKjC5wt.png

Gabynator (Paragon 1020 + 603 Seasonal) has collected 852k in total (both seasonal and non-seasonal). Not even around Paragon 700 is it normal to have 300k shards (but fully possible). 500k at <600 is preeeetty hard.

It was just an exaggeration of my deep hate for Kadala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom