• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Fellas, I just uninstalled D3 from my computer, but the game still appears in my Add/Remove Programs list. Normal? Battle.net is still installed.

taybul

Fellas, I just uninstalled D3 from my computer, but the game still appears in my Add/Remove Programs list. Normal? Battle.net is still installed.

General Windows nuisance. I wouldn't be surprised if your start menu shortcuts are still there too. If you right click and try to uninstall again it should error and remove it from the list.

rtcn63

General Windows nuisance. I wouldn't be surprised if your start menu shortcuts are still there too. If you right click and try to uninstall again it should error and remove it from the list.

Nope, the "do you want to uninstall D3" still shows up. But it did uninstall, as the folders are gone, the windows shortcut goes nowhere, and battle.net asks me to install if I want to play.

Win7, btw. It's fine it's normal, I'm just worried that might not be.

Xeteh

I haven't played since Destiny came out, and just noticed they fixed Fetish survivability, so that's cool. I still need a dagger of darts so I can try out a legit carnevil build.

Yeah, its definitely better now but I haven't really messed around with it much because all my best gear is geared towards Jade Harvester.

ACE 1991

So how is D3 these days? Tempted to get RoS at that price, is there more of a sense of community now or does it still feel like a ghost town?

ZenaxPure

Also, can I get an add back into the GAF clan. Was booted several patches ago for my inactivity. You know, back when the game was broke and dead :D

I believe the clan is full again, so no invites for the time being. Community is always open though, as long as people tell us their battle tag.

Has there been any word on when Season 1 will be ending yet? Been away for the past week with moving, so I'm not sure if anything has been said yet. Hopefully soon!

Haven't said anything yet, but, it probably won't be for a bit. They said it will last either 2 or 3 months and we're 1 month into it. So we're either halfway done or a third done I guess.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh damn, Nyan started a shitstorm on the D3 forum regarding maphacks/etc. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14610481565 Whole forum is eating it up.

Ha, wow. I'm surprised he's suddenly open about TurboHUD considering he used to edit the macro swaps out of his videos.

Highest I managed so far is 35, but I'm not too hardcore about trying to go further. It's just too dependent on rng giving good density, which I'm not a fan of

I wish they had used Wyatt's idea of having fixed maps for people to compete on, with an identical layout, spawns, shrines, etc every time. Have a separate leaderboard for each map, generate a new one each month, have people optimizing routes and choosing when to trigger shrines, etc.... sometimes having everything be random isn't as interesting. (ref: chess)

ZenaxPure

I wish they had used Wyatt's idea of having fixed maps for people to compete on, with an identical layout, spawns, shrines, etc every time. Have a separate leaderboard for each map, generate a new one each month, have people optimizing routes and choosing when to trigger shrines, etc.... sometimes having everything be random isn't as interesting. (ref: chess)

I very much like the idea of that. Though I think changing the map every 2 weeks would probably be more interesting than 1 month for the most hardcore players.

Could always still happen I guess, I am sure GRs will undergo a lot of changes over time, because what doesn't undergo a lot of changes in a blizzard game. Frankly in this current iteration I'd just be happy with capped mob damage and the removal of pylons.

Decided to start a Crusader a couple days ago to try the pony build and got all the gear except for a weapon. Just now I had a little under 500 shards and decided to gamble 2H weapons for the hell of it (I usually never gamble weapons). Got these 3 items...

qxSaOE9.png

It's my first ever Furnace and I've been playing since Diablo 3 launch with close to 1500 hours clocked lol. Sadly it didn't roll that well but would it still be worth using in higher level grifts? I'm thinking to use Baleful for T6 and Furnace for grifts. Does that sound right?

Bombless

Reroll LoH to %damage and throw a Ramaladni on it and it'll be a decent weapon. Baleful is kinda dissapointing in Grifts, so you could alternate, yes.

ZenaxPure

How many of you have had more than 1 Furnace drop?

Seasonal/non-seasonal?

3 total. 2 in non-seasons and 1 in season.

First one I ever got I salvaged though because it was before anyone really knew how OP it was for T6 and since it was a 2 hander I didn't want it taking up bank space.

Ayumi

I have. I've had 2, both seasonal. Both were on my WD doing GRifts, one was a level 32 and the other was... not that high, low 20s I believe.

3 total. 2 in non-seasons and 1 in season.

First one I ever got I salvaged though because it was before anyone really knew how OP it was for T6 and since it was a 2 hander I didn't want it taking up bank space.

This makes me feel so much better about messing up my reroll. Ugh, I shouldn't have listened to my friend.. I know VIT is usually not a priority on weapons, but I notice the loss so much it's pissing me off. Here's to hoping another Furnace drops soon. :(

Xeteh

This makes me feel so much better about messing up my reroll. Ugh, I shouldn't have listened to my friend.. I know VIT is usually not a priority on weapons, but I notice the loss so much it's pissing me off. Here's to hoping another Furnace drops soon. :(

My WD is already so squishy the ~1k Vit wouldn't do anything to save me anyways. Best of luck finding a new one, though!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I rerolled Wizard, I was getting so sick of unavoidable damage one shotting my DH at 35+, at least now I have 3 lives and can kite without losing all my damage. Now I just need a Furnace....

Tyreny

So I rerolled Wizard, I was getting so sick of unavoidable damage one shotting my DH at 35+, at least now I have 3 lives and can kite without losing all my damage. Now I just need a Furnace....

Sentries + Smoke Screen + Vault. The former GR leader was a DH that was able to get near 100% uptime on smoke screen by combining scatter shot with the rune that regens discipline with M6 and just waiting it out.

ferr

Ha, wow. I'm surprised he's suddenly open about TurboHUD considering he used to edit the macro swaps out of his videos.

My take on what happened- he had a bad time on grift 45, died at the almost-dead RG with 20 seconds left or something. He went onto the DH forum and posted a thread with a pic of it in frustration. In his haste he overlooked that the turboHUD overlay was kept in the screen shot. People called him out, etc. He tried to save face by posting a 'benevolent' thread like that on General, trying to appear to be someone aiming to improve the game by cheating to win.

In the end, we'll see some of turboHUD's features in D3 soon and in D4 we'll have a ring named after Nyan with some flavor text about cheating.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sentries + Smoke Screen + Vault. The former GR leader was a DH that was able to get near 100% uptime on smoke screen by combining scatter shot with the rune that regens discipline with M6 and just waiting it out.

I honestly have no interest in playing lightning, and even he said he dies all the time because of lag even with enough CDR for 100% uptime for SS. The class was just becoming a headache in general.

Celegus

Didn't read the post, but are macros frowned upon? I tried out the SWK set the last couple days but had to set up a macro that toggles mashing 1,2,3,4 and left click. So I just hit my button and then steer the mouse and the game pretty much plays itself, I just have to right click once in a while to activate Epiphany. It's kind of silly but sure beats mashing the buttons myself. I have macro keys on my keyboard, so there's no 3rd party software running.

av2k

Didn't read the post, but are macros frowned upon? I tried out the SWK set the last couple days but had to set up a macro that toggles mashing 1,2,3,4 and left click. So I just hit my button and then steer the mouse and the game pretty much plays itself, I just have to right click once in a while to activate Epiphany. It's kind of silly but sure beats mashing the buttons myself.

Beware, I believe this is a bannable offense by Blizzard. Though I don't believe they've taken any steps to ban anyone yet so just be careful.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499911119#4

Ingeniero

I kind of agree with Blizzard.

The playstyle requires you to be quick to press buttons like a maniac, that's what you do.
Macros is big NO!

heh

Weird, my barbarian finds like a million more weapons than my wizard does, literally had 5 maximus's found after a week of playing him, I'll be lucky to find one on my wizard, let a lone a furnance. Dat rng.

Ingeniero

I crafted a HFA last night, this was my first try:
Not bad I guess, CTW is a passive I use for M6, now I can add Steady Aim or Awareness.
Need to get the CHD higher tho...

pdwRSse.jpg

joesmokey

Starting to lose a bit of interest in seasons again. I'm at the point where I need to start running bounties again or use up my trial keys. I wouldn't mind greater rifts so much, but repeatedly doing the Realm of Trials is pretty boring. The thought of doing bounties again as well just kills any motivation that I have.

Lain

I've been leveling the monk I created (and left at level 29) when D3 launched. I remember having a great time with Monk and Wizard during the open beta of the game and then sticking to Wizard during the release leaving the monk there, forgotten (I love the Wizard, most fun class in the game for me, plus I really like her voice, both in Italian and English).
I'm having a blast with it, leveling is one of the most fun part of this game for me, especially when I can easily tweak a character with some ruby slotted weapons while raising the difficulty and watching the exp fly. There is something quite rewarding in using cyclone to pull the mobs in and then destroying them.
The best part of playing my Monk though was finding The Ess of Johan with 90% slow. It's only level 40ish but I was hoping to one day find one to put it on my Wizard's companion for the effect, though i'm using it for now since it's slotted and using the leg gems while leveling up is another really nice boost.

Starting to lose a bit of interest in seasons again. I'm at the point where I need to start running bounties again or use up my trial keys. I wouldn't mind greater rifts so much, but repeatedly doing the Realm of Trials is pretty boring. The thought of doing bounties again as well just kills any motivation that I have.

I don't mind bounties too much seeing as its 1 key per rift. WAY better than it used to be. But I can see how it can be annoying for hardcore players that chew through 30 keystones a day =P

I lose interest every time I decided to start farming keywardens. Especially act 2. And when they dont drop 4 times in a row. It's also hard to get a group together for that which is really the only worthwhile way to do it :(

I'd love it if they randomly spawned a keywarden in actual rifts. Normal rifts, obviously. Maybe make them a rare drop from treasure goblins. ANYTHING other than having to uncover every fucking inch of the Dahlgur Oasis only to find the keywarden in the most remote possible corner of the map and then not get a key...

Tom Penny

Beware, I believe this is a bannable offense by Blizzard. Though I don't believe they've taken any steps to ban anyone yet so just be careful.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499911119#4

I believe zero percent of the top monk grifters don't use macro's so that would be funny. If I'm banned for not wanting carpal tunnel from playing a game so be it. Tell those monkeys that designed monks to design them so that play style isn't required starting with the hot garbage rainment set.

joesmokey

I lose interest every time I decided to start farming keywardens. Especially act 2. And when they dont drop 4 times in a row. It's also hard to get a group together for that which is really the only worthwhile way to do it :(
This is my biggest issue with keywarden farming as well. It's not even that easy to find a group for ubers once you have machines.

Maybe things will be better once seasons is consolidated. Right now the segregation definitely hurts.

ferr

For sure, Act 2 kw is so annoying to find. Such an inefficient map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom