• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Go into a public bounty lobby and nobody is doing bounties, all rifts. Join a rift lobby and people want to do bounties. Aaah, I hate pub. Make up your fucking minds people!

Shifty76

Bleh, looks like I'm done playing monk after a whole two days then.

I've used AHK for basic macros since launch pretty much. Haven't even received so much as a warning, and doubt that I will.

Using a macro to do a complete gear switch or to run a repeatable boss for you is one thing. Using one to hit a couple of buttons for you on repeat? That's nothing.

Heck, even the Diablo 3 mouse sold by Blizzard has programmable macros on it.

Xeteh

I've used AHK for basic macros since launch pretty much. Haven't even received so much as a warning, and doubt that I will.

Using a macro to do a complete gear switch or to run a repeatable boss for you is one thing. Using one to hit a couple of buttons for you on repeat? That's nothing.

What I don't understand is why you can't just hold down Mantra/Sweeping Wind and have them auto cast. I really wonder how Blizzard goes about deciding which skills you can hold down and which you can't.

Shifty76

What I don't understand is why you can't just hold down Mantra/Sweeping Wind and have them auto cast. I really wonder how Blizzard goes about deciding which skills you can hold down and which you can't.

You can with the mantra, not sure about sw, but it'll only recast it once the current active has worn off, so once per 3 seconds as opposed to twice per second that you could get otherwise. Obviously that's only giving 1/3 of the potential dmg from the mantra cast alone

Go into a public bounty lobby and nobody is doing bounties, all rifts. Join a rift lobby and people want to do bounties. Aaah, I hate pub. Make up your fucking minds people!

I had this problem over the weekend. It turns out the game type keeps changing even after you save it.

joesmokey

Seasons Para 457
Furnace:0
Ramaladni's Gift: 3
SoJ: 4
Unity: 5
RRoG: 3
TnT: 1
Frostburn: 1
Witching Hour: 1
Thunderfury: 7

I wonder how many gift's I missed when they didn't used to show up on the mini map. Probably 0 :(.

Negator

I don't know why you'd keep track of number of grandeur rings. I must have gotten like 30 by now doing t6 bounties.

Not exactly hard to get.

Paragon Level 350 Season
Furnace: 0
SoJ: 4
Unity: 2
RRoG: A lot

I have also never seen a furnace in my entire Diablo 3 career. My non-season paragon level is 457.

Didn't read the post, but are macros frowned upon? I tried out the SWK set the last couple days but had to set up a macro that toggles mashing 1,2,3,4 and left click. So I just hit my button and then steer the mouse and the game pretty much plays itself, I just have to right click once in a while to activate Epiphany. It's kind of silly but sure beats mashing the buttons myself. I have macro keys on my keyboard, so there's no 3rd party software running.

Don't do it dude!

I honestly wish it had a controller option somewhere myself. Some days it is just easier with that versus K/B and mouse.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Yeah, in general I'd say don't worry about macros that facilitate gameplay while you're at the keyboard. People only seem to get into trouble when they can step away from the PC and get something overnight (e.g. old AH buyout scripts). SWK macro requirements are about on par with the CM Wizard routine which tons of people ran without issue.

I was a bigger offender with AHK scripts I wrote to instantly and transparently swap full gear sets as part of starting and stopping a channeled skill, or for Sweeping Wind snapshot swap a few more patches back.

Armaros

I don't mean to be picky, but it's "Ring of Royal Grandeur", abbvibrated as "RoRG". The only reason I'm posting this is because I suddenly thought I had it wrong all along due to everyone on this thread page saying "RRoG". Haha

Speaking of that ring, by season DH just found a level 64 one while grinding bounties to 70, which means by the laws of rngjesus, I somehow won't see another one for a long time :p

Xeteh

Speaking of that ring, by season DH just found a level 64 one while grinding bounties to 70, which means by the laws of rngjesus, I somehow won't see another one for a long time :p

You'll be fine, they're easy to come by. A good one however... is a different story.

Are we listing those uber rare drops? Paragon 459 non-season. Here's mine: -

Serpent Sparker: 1
Sun Keeper: lots
Ramaladni's Gift: 0
Unity: 4
SoJ: 6
RoRG: lots (none with base roll of CC or CHD..bleh)
Tasker and Theo: 1
Wand of Woh: 1
Rimeheart: 1
Shard of Hate: 4
Thunderfury: 4
Frostburn: 4
Xephirian Amulet: 2
Mara's Kaleidoscope: 0
Countess Julia Cameo: 4
Talisman of Arachnoch: 1
Star of Azkaranth: 0
Witching Hour: 2
Winter Flurry: 0
Ice Climbers: 1

taybul

My haul at ~370 paragon, non-season:

Ramalama gifts: 2
Calamity: 1
RoRG: best one has 5% IAS, ~40 CHD
SoJ: 3 (highest elite dmg: 29%, best elemental: +13% cold)
Frostburn: 2
Cameo: 2
Haunt of Vaxo: 2 (these roll really well apparently)
Unity: 4
TnT: and boom goes the dynamite, 0.

What a fun game.

Season Paragon 505

2 Witching hours
1 Thunderfury
12 Unity's
7 Stone of Jordan(0 with cold dmg fuck you Blizzard)
4 Tasker and Theo's(1st pair from Kadala near perfect trifecta and 49% pet ais rest all junk)
0 Furnace(playing DH though)
18 Ramaldnis gifts(9 left)
1 Rimeheart from somebody else
1 Calamity
1 Kridershot
1 Chanon Bolter
3 Etrayu
2 Xephirian
1 Kaleido Scope
3 Countessa
0 Star of Azkaranath
0 Immunity to frost Amu
1 Ice Climbers
1 Rechels Ring of Larency
1 good Hellfire Amulet
2 Lacunis 1 near perfect

Firemind

I don't know why you'd keep track of number of grandeur rings. I must have gotten like 30 by now doing t6 bounties.

Not exactly hard to get.

Tell that to the RNG. I swear to God I just played for half an hour on T2 and I've gotten two of those stupid scepters. I'm pretty sure I've had 10+ scepters and 10+ pauldrons drop by now and zero rings. :lol

I could probably do T3 but meh.

eek5

Ya'll can suck it!

400 something paragon seasons

Furance: 0
SMK: 0
Serpent Sparker: 0
T&T: 0
Kaleido Scope: 0
Countessa: 0
Star of Azkaranath: 0
SoJ: 0
Unity: 1
Witching hr: 0
Ice climbers: 0
Mask of Jeram: 2 (both garbage)
Ramaladni's Gift 2
rorg: so many

Still don't see any appeal to seasons.

As soon as I got my season dagger on WD which was 2200+ dps right after hitting 70, I couldn't continue on because it made more sense to grind on mains.

Hopefully season 2 changes something. Looking at this list of ppl getting their character back up again for shit you can get on your main is so pointless. Like I've heard others say, this only splits people up for no good reason at the moment.

Bombless

9jP3GFH.png

I gift any weapon I find and can use now, usually another gift drops within the hour anyway. RNGesus hates me.

Saya

Just started playing Diablo 3 again recently and upgraded to Reaper of Souls. Really cool changes. Rolled a new seasonal character, a Barbarian. Paragon 233 now, seasonal.

Furnace: 0/0
Sun keeper 1/0
SoJ: 3/0
Ramaladni's Gift: 3/0
TnT: 0/0
RoRG: 1/0
Unity: 0/0
Thunderfury: 0/0

Somehow I find craploads of Grandfathers, Warmongers, and some shitty two-handed mace. I find it very hard to upgrade my weapons. And I really want a Thunderfury or Furnace.

Any suggestions on where else I should upgrade?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/saegon-1864/Rheagar/41319899

eek5

Yeah, in general I'd say don't worry about macros that facilitate gameplay while you're at the keyboard. People only seem to get into trouble when they can step away from the PC and get something overnight (e.g. old AH buyout scripts). SWK macro requirements are about on par with the CM Wizard routine which tons of people ran without issue.

I was a bigger offender with AHK scripts I wrote to instantly and transparently swap full gear sets as part of starting and stopping a channeled skill, or for Sweeping Wind snapshot swap a few more patches back.

I'm with Raticus and Shifty here. I never did gear swap macros but I did automate part of AH (I still did most stuff manually but I consolidated repetitive tasks like clicking buyout and then OK) and played CM Wiz with macros. Never heard of any CM wiz getting banned for macros and pretty much everyone was doing it. I miss the days of people randomly typing 123412312314123124 in chat :)

thuGG_pl

Paragon ~450

Serpent Sparker: 3
Sun Keeper: 5
Ramaladni's Gift: about 13-14
Unity: 3
SoJ: 6
RoRG: not worth mentioning since it's easy to find it nowdays
Wand of Woh: 0
Sun Keeper: 5
Rimeheart: 2
Shard of Hate: 3
Thunderfury: 4-5
Frostburn: 1
Xephirian Amulet: 0
Countess Julia Cameo: 2
Talisman of Arachnoch: 0
Witching Hour: 3
Winter Flurry: 3
Ice Climbers: 1

Ayumi

How do you guys even remember everything you've gotten? D:
I guess this is what I remember:

(Paragon 362)
Ramaladni's Gift: 2
Thunderfury: 1 (or 2)
Sun Keeper: 2
Furnace: 1
Serpent Sparker: 2
RoRG: New drop rate = lost track
Shard of Hate: 2
Countess Julia Cameo: 3ish
Mara's Kaleidoscope: 1
Unity: 0
Tasker and Theo: 0
Lacuni Prowlers: 3ish (I gamble a lot of bracers)
Krede's Flame: 2

Here is a loot table for patch 2.1.1 (Warning: Demotivating)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KXmvVJ4zmngzxdzVLk9gvLvT8/edit#gid=1718538849
If you guys wanna remember some names to mention.

Celegus

Got me curious too. Paragon ~465 non season
Mostly play Crusader and Barb, though all my classes are decent to some degree.

Furnace:0
SoJ: 8+, but they're rarely the element I need
Unity: 1 (and it's int, not very useful to me)
RRoG: 1 good one (also int)
TnT: 4
Shard: 5
Witching Hour: 2
Thunderfury: 8+
Fate of the Fell: 1 (that's awful)
Xephirian Amulet: 1
Countess Julia Cameo: 0
Talisman of Arachnoch: 1

You all are so lucky on gifts. I have like a bunch of different set ups I want to do on my barb that aren't at full potential because not enough gifts :(. Personally I think we should be able to add a socket for like a huge sum of money and death's breaths.

Celegus

You all are so lucky on gifts. I have like a bunch of different set ups I want to do on my barb that aren't at full potential because not enough gifts :(. Personally I think we should be able to add a socket for like a huge sum of money and death's breaths.

Make death's breath useful for something?! Burn the witch!!

Ayumi

I have been gambling exclusively for gloves for 2 weeks hoping for T&T.
Kadala is not impressed so far.

Seriously I got so happy when I got that Furnace because I don't even need TnT anymore, so I could finally stop gambling for it. I still sometimes switch builds but I don't feel like I ~need~ TnT since it's not the build I'm focusing on.

Either way, best of luck to you. I bet you will get one soon!

--

Anyone else wish they would implement a trade system with the blacksmith?
Not sure how much the value would be, but I'd love being able to trade the gems from one color to another, as well as the mats!

Would also be cool being able to do a (one) complete "mystery re-roll" on an item (though I'm guessing if that happened, it would've been pricey).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Reaper of Souls is 50% off.

If I kind of enjoyed the base game but got tired of it after beating it a couple times, should I buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom