• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Reaper of Souls is 50% off.

If I kind of enjoyed the base game but got tired of it after beating it a couple times, should I buy it?

It's a huge improvement over the base game, so go for it! As long as you have the time for it, because man does it suck away the hours.

Listing rare findings gets even more depressing when you recall the terrible stats that rolled on those ultra rare items.

I have now found every bow of every type in this game... except for a Kridershot. Unless there are seasonal bows. I doubt I'd even use it... I just want to try it.

ferr

Reaper of Souls is 50% off.

If I kind of enjoyed the base game but got tired of it after beating it a couple times, should I buy it?

RoS introduced actual end-game content. So you won't get bored after beating the last boss.

Listing rare findings gets even more depressing when you recall the terrible stats that rolled on those ultra rare items.

I have now found every bow of every type in this game... except for a Kridershot. Unless there are seasonal bows. I doubt I'd even use it... I just want to try it.

Pretty sure this one is seasonal- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/leonine-bow-of-hashir Doesn't seem useful now, but who knows about the future.

robochimp

You all are so lucky on gifts. I have like a bunch of different set ups I want to do on my barb that aren't at full potential because not enough gifts :(. Personally I think we should be able to add a socket for like a huge sum of money and death's breaths.

I have a beautiful Maximus all ready and waiting for a gift that just won't drop.

I dont know why I bother with greater rifts anymore. It's such a crapshoot on if you can get a decent mob set, density and map layout.

Game keeps throwing act 5 mobs in cave levels whenever I try to progress, which fucks my stampede crusader.

Looking for some advice. Got a level 70 Paragon 50 Crusader. Main weapon has an attack rating of around 3800, with a socketed gem in it. Haven't had a viable weapon drop in weeks. So sick of having Legendary rings be the only thing that drops for me.

Been playing on T1 and it's super tough for me to stay alive for very long. Have around 350K DPS. Am I missing something and am just super underpowered?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Think of Diablo as a pizza without sauce, cheese or toppings, RoS adds those things and makes it edible.

I dont know why I bother with greater rifts anymore. It's such a crapshoot on if you can get a decent mob set, density and map layout.

Game keeps throwing act 5 mobs in cave levels whenever I try to progress, which fucks my stampede crusader.

Yep, don't even give a shit now, I just alt-f4 when it's something not worth doing. Fishing for easy mobs is the meta game now. The RNG bar from one end to the other is way too wide for it's own good.

And sadly, fishing for GR revolves around trials which is also terrible and has nothing to do with the difficulty of the Greater Rifts lol.

J. Bravo

got bane of the trapped to lvl 26 tonight thanks to some help from serpentmage completing higher lvl grifts. i'd play more but royals are on tv again!

Ayumi

Looking for some advice. Got a level 70 Paragon 50 Crusader. Main weapon has an attack rating of around 3800, with a socketed gem in it. Haven't had a viable weapon drop in weeks. So sick of having Legendary rings be the only thing that drops for me.

Been playing on T1 and it's super tough for me to stay alive for very long. Have around 350K DPS. Am I missing something and am just super underpowered?
I would suggest you to check out the Crusader subreddit. If you do some research there, you should be able to find some guides on how to max out your Crus as far as you can with crafted only gear, as well as the most essential stats you would need for survival. That way you will know which items you shoulf not salvage (better just keep everything though, even if they have red numbers).

Think of Diablo as a pizza without sauce, cheese or toppings, RoS adds those things and makes it edible.
If you don't mind, I will be using this metaphor every time people ask me if they should buy RoS! Along with "Like St3v3 once said,"

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Looking for a little extra guidance on my barby on where to go from here.

Got a much better maximus (~3800deeps) waiting on a rams gift and trying to get a better rolled rorg but it only has a 1/20 chance of dropping from a T6 A1 bag for me.

ZenaxPure

Looking for a little extra guidance on my barby on where to go from here.

Got a much better maximus (~3800deeps) waiting on a rams gift and trying to get a better rolled rorg but it only has a 1/20 chance of dropping from a T6 A1 bag for me.

Honestly looks like you just need to upgrade your gems and get better versions of the gear you have right now. You are doing really good gear wise in terms of just having the pieces you need for the build to work.

On the skill side of things though, you should use a different rune for ignore pain, Ignorance is Bliss is better for healing than the one you are using right now (since 1 use of battle rage will most likely heal you for more than the 35% heal you get from using it) and I'm not really sure what is up with Whirlwind, it's way inferior than charge for aoe damage and worse than frenzy for single target damage. Unless you are just using it as a mobility skill or something. Either way though, leaving a lot of damage on the table by not using wrath of the berserker.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Honestly looks like you just need to upgrade your gems and get better versions of the gear you have right now. You are doing really good gear wise in terms of just having the pieces you need for the build to work.

On the skill side of things though, you should use a different rune for ignore pain, Ignorance is Bliss is better for healing than the one you are using right now (since 1 use of battle rage will most likely heal you for more than the 35% heal you get from using it) and I'm not really sure what is up with Whirlwind, it's way inferior than charge for aoe damage and worse than frenzy for single target damage. Unless you are just using it as a mobility skill or something. Either way though, leaving a lot of damage on the table by not using wrath of the berserker.

Thanks.

I hadn't really thought of using battle rage as a spender for life per fury which is why I am using the heal option. As for whirlwind it is purely a mobility skill for guiding firechains from maximus. I don't really like the idea of wotb or cota etc due to the crazy cooldowns those skills have. Far to much down time.

The main problem I am having is group play where fire chains, molten and electrified essentially 1hit ko me every time. Needing to be on top of mobs to deal damage is such a broken aspect of the barb at the moment.

Also trying to get cassius(?) belt for longer ip uptime but fuck kadala... 10% leg rate my ass.

ZenaxPure

Thanks.

I hadn't really thought of using battle rage as a spender for life per fury which is why I am using the heal option. As for whirlwind it is purely a mobility skill for guiding firechains from maximus. I don't really like the idea of wotb or cota etc due to the crazy cooldowns those skills have. Far to much down time.

The main problem I am having is group play where fire chains, molten and electrified essentially 1hit ko me every time. Needing to be on top of mobs to deal damage is such a broken aspect of the barb at the moment.

Yeah I don't play charge barb in a group to be honest, leapquake or WW only (or just another class). I actually rolled my crusader in seasons for the sole purpose of having a different character to play with my friend since charging into a pack without the safety net of double unity means death a lot of the time.

As for battle rage healing, yeah, it's a random thing I didn't think much about either until I read other people doing it and it just made sense. The healing is pretty nuts, over 100k every shout and you can spam shout forever in this build pretty much. As for CoTA and WoTB it just depends on how you are running the build. In the endgame fishing for good rifts in 40+ GR you only want a certain amount of CDR, but, for general play stacking CDR like crazy is extremely beneficial to the build. With boon of bul-kathos and gogok of swiftness stacked you can get both of those cooldowns down to around 40 seconds or so pretty easy. They are up basically all the time.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Cheers for the tips.

In other news, my accounts goby portals spawn rate is broken...

Had about 10 garbage rainbow gobys and not a single vault portal. Shits fucked...

Tarazet

Paragon 288 (much higher than my "actual" character btw.. so Crusader is definitely my new main now)

Furnace: 0
Maximus: 0
SOJ: 0
Unity: 4 (one Dex)
Ramaladni's Gift: 7
Goblin Gem: 0

Wickwire

reading peoples bad luck when it comes to drops for rare items is surprising. I usually play alone and seem to have had really good luck I guess. just hit paragon 425 non season this morning

4 gifts
2 furances
4 unity
at least 1 of each immunity ammy, I think
3 TnT( all I want is a frost burn =( )
5+ serpant wands
6+(?) sunkeepers
3 shards
4(+)thunderfury
3 WoH
at least 7 SoJs
1 goblin portal. 1 BoH gem

I do have really bad luck with anything but a1 keys though. they never drop for me

THEF3AR

Hey GAF, I have extra Akkhan pieces and a lot of other sets and legendaries. I play on Xbox One so if intersted let me know.

eek5

How do you all organize your stash tabs? Mine have become such a mess. :eek:

salvage everything, regret it later

drop unsalvagable items on the floor and leave game

sell items you can't drop

or make chars that grab the items then delete the char

IceMarker

Yeah I've had to re-organize twice, but mine are...

1] Vanilla class Legendary items
2] Vanilla class Set items
3] Crafting Materials and Gems
4] Crusader Legendary and Set items
5] Garbage, Dyes, and Uber Keys

inter

salvage everything, regret it later

drop unsalvagable items on the floor and leave game

sell items you can't drop

or make chars that grab the items then delete the char

The flying dragon that I salvaged before 2H was good for monks still haunts me. Now I try to keep anything with a unique affix. :eek:

eek5

The flying dragon that I salvaged before 2H was good for monks still haunts me. Now I try to keep anything with a unique affix. :eek:

I got three TMF, tested one and then salvaged all 3 of them the week before they buffed TMF.

I still salvage shit all the time! lol

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

1) Consumables (gems, mats, pots...)
2) INT (Wiz/WD) legs/sets
3) STR (Crusader/Barb) items
4) DEX (Monk/DH) items
5) Miscellaneous legs/items

What I'd like to be able to do with the stash is separate each tab into blocks (and possibly be able to give blocks names). So for the STR stash I'd have a block called "CDR items", another named "Stampede build", another named "Fire dmg build", etc., because sometimes I forget why I put this item into that specific slot.

Shifty76

Kadala finally gave me final piece of swk. Any link to best way to play this build? SWK monk.

Spam mantra and your generator all the time. Do you have Peshkov helm? If no you may be better off using Quickening as generator, else use FoF. When FD and/or IWL buff is up spam sw in addition to you mantra.

Hold on to DS charges to use as needed for either dodge or ias, depending on rune used.

That's about it really - pretty simple. Try to avoid also using Inna's pieces as that 5 cost SW really limits your dmg potential since you won't be able to dump as much spirit

inter

1) Consumables (gems, mats, pots...)
2) INT (Wiz/WD) legs/sets
3) STR (Crusader/Barb) items
4) DEX (Monk/DH) items
5) Miscellaneous legs/items

What I'd like to be able to do with the stash is separate each tab into blocks (and possibly be able to give blocks names). So for the STR stash I'd have a block called "CDR items", another named "Stampede build", another named "Fire dmg build", etc., because sometimes I forget why I put this item into that specific slot.

I like this. I might have to try this out.

Addnan

Spam mantra and your generator all the time. Do you have Peshkov helm? If no you may be better off using Quickening as generator, else use FoF. When FD and/or IWL buff is up spam sw in addition to you mantra.

Hold on to DS charges to use as needed for either dodge or ias, depending on rune used.

That's about it really - pretty simple. Try to avoid also using Inna's pieces as that 5 cost SW really limits your dmg potential since you won't be able to dump as much spirit
I do have peshkov helm but can't using it because having to use swk right now, don't have the amulet. So guess don't have final piece just enough for rorg. Thanks for the rest, I am going to look into that now and jump into some T1 and test haha. Not using Inna, using http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/38201292 Still need a new belt and probably need to pick a new gem for my ring.
D5nvYI2.png

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I like this. I might have to try this out.

Yeah, it's the most elegant system I've found yet, and even that is far from perfect. I still have to get rid of things and reorganize my stash eveyr now and then.

The good thing about it is that I can use very clear clear icons for each tab: gems for the consumables tab, Crusader portrait for STR, DH portrait for DEX, Wiz portrait for INT, generic glowy blue shield for misc. legs.

Syntek

5ghOlPq.jpg

Possibly first in the US GAF clan to paragon 600?
I'm sure once season paragon rolls over, a few folks here will shoot right past 600.

Celegus

Possibly first in the US GAF clan to paragon 600?
I'm sure once season paragon rolls over, a few folks here will shoot right past 600.

I was keeping an eye on that last night, but you didn't hit 600 while I was on. Congrats! I think that is the highest in the clan for now.

Finally logged back onto my barbarian after playing my wizard for so long, the damage shock is amazing. CoTA is really lackluster for being a long CD, about the only thing my barb does better is clear hordes of regular quality mobs faster. I did notice that my rrog and necklace roll is awful though. It's odd, feel way more survivable on my wizard than I do on my barb, 2 extra lives (one on a 60 second cd), mirror illusions and being ranged while still doing more single target and about the same against 3 enemies compared to raekor spam. Raekor might keep them perma cc'd but I can just apply the dot and run away if they are giving me lots of trouble.

Kadala was feeling nice though and gave me a near perfect magefist, a firebird helm, and the boots. Also found a witching hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom