• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

So patch today? I am hyped. Time to finally farm a Krider (lol). Any non-season GAFers want to play together? I should still be in the clan.

Strider

Yea think I'm gonna hop on for a bit tomorrow night so I'll be looking for a group. I've changed my mind on season 2 though. I'll stick to non-season whenever that goes live.

Stevey

Is anyone else getting a red bar across the bottom of the battle net launcher, then when you click it, you get an empty breaking new box?
Been happening for a while now.

Negator

Tempted to play again, but damn I want season 2. I guess I could start farming some ancient items on my season character for when Season 1 ends.

Fonds

Don't they have the same low drop rate as the legs had before this patch boost?

looool @ the thought of trying to find another Furnace.

An ancient furnace... now that'll be the day.
it'll probably roll with int and no socket for my barb :'(

desverger

At least you can also "proc" an Ancient Legendary when crafting, so I'll be making a few dozen Unbound Bolts to try and actually get an Ancient one :p

Negator

Don't they have the same low drop rate as the legs had before this patch boost?

looool @ the thought of trying to find another Furnace.

Pretty sure it's about a 10% chance to roll an ancient item on T6.

It's 2.5 times more likely to find the rarest of the rare items, but 10% of those are going to be ancient.

At the very least, I'll probably find a furnace after playing for so damn long.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
is it still the case that the console patch is hitting the same time as the pc patch?

Radec

wait, servers are down ?

I can't get passed the login page, keep getting "Your request has timed out. Please try again (code 3006)"

:/

Dreavus

How big is the stat jump from Legendary -->Ancient? Is it similar to the one from Rare --> Legendary?

Is it basically a Legendary Legendary?

Radec

How big is the stat jump from Legendary -->Ancient? Is it similar to the one from Rare --> Legendary?

Is it basically a Legendary Legendary?

diablom.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-legendary-ancient-items-mega-analysis-screens?fdx_switcher=true

From what ive seen so far, a +100-200 on stats

Negator

diablom.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-legendary-ancient-items-mega-analysis-screens?fdx_switcher=true

From what ive seen so far, a +100-200 on stats

It's especially effective on weapons and offhands. Ancient weapons are super important to get asap.

Did a rift + GR33 and noiw waiting on next patch. Very underwhelming. Anyone excited for Ancients, on PTR with the 2000% legendary buff, you'd get like 50 legendaries a run and most runs yielded 0 ancients. Without the buff you get like 2 legendaries a rift run. Have fun!

Dahbomb

I have gotten plenty of Ancients already. I even got an Ancient Lacuni Prowler.

Though I have been doing 35 and lower GRs so far because my Monk gear is not optimized to the new SWK set. Need to get a new Amulet and that Bells weapon (I had it before but I stupidly salvaged it for no good reason).

xkramz

jj1EhOl.jpg

My ps4 is bugging after the update. My Diablo RoS is now Hulu plus thumbnail..

ElyrionX

Did a rift + GR33 and noiw waiting on next patch. Very underwhelming. Anyone excited for Ancients, on PTR with the 2000% legendary buff, you'd get like 50 legendaries a run and most runs yielded 0 ancients. Without the buff you get like 2 legendaries a rift run. Have fun!

I just want a Krider.

Strider

I'm not really feeling the patch.

I actually liked the mantra spam of Sunwuko before and I had only just gotten my Flying Dragon :(

Tenebrous

I'm not really feeling the patch.

I actually liked the mantra spam of Sunwuko before and I had only just gotten my Flying Dragon :(

Same here. There's nothing being done to target boring set pieces, one-build classes, limited options in terms of grinding... Meh...

But I'll still be logging in as soon as the EU servers go up to try and craft myself an Ancient Devastator. Have a spare Ramalandi's in the bank, so fingers crossed I get a somewhat decent roll.

Dahbomb

Anyone know how to make your Monk NOT teleport around when in Epiphany mode? Holding the stand still button doesn't work in this case. Pretty shit as I try to hit enemies from outside the ground affixes with the Bells but I get one click on an enemy and I fly right into a whole crap of stuff.

So I just downloaded the patch on the PS4 and while in the middle of town around the NPCs the game feels choppy as. Before the patch it was smooth as silk. Can anyone else confirm?

desverger

Oh really? Should be useful for new DHs that wanna use Arcane Barb too.

Yeah, AB and UBB are the go-to crafting bows atm. Depends on if you prefer slow or fast attack speed.

Can't wait for EU to be patched up and be disappointed with the crafting results!

desverger

Welp, I have no idea how to play my M6 DH now. I think I just need Reaper Wraps.

You and me both :(

Here's some top-of-my-head support for M6 DHs who feel lost in their life:

-Get Reaper's Wraps
-Put your Tasker & Theo to the garbage bin or stash them for your WD alt
-You only need one spender now, so just use CA
-Reroll your bonuses to CA
-Attack speed is not useful anymore, might as well redo those paragon points too (ctrl or shift click assigns 10 points)
-Swap your Ballistics passive to something else, if you had it
-Use Cindercoat or Magefist for fire, or maybe even a Frostburn if you have a cold spec
-Alternatively, you could even use a good Pride's Fall!
-Grind rifts so you can craft a hundred UBBs or ABs and hope one of them procs a decent Ancient
-Your playstyle now is to drop your sentries and start spamming spenders until you can't do it anymore.

Now, if you're lucky enough to have a Kridershot, feel free to to ignore most of this advice, since that's a completely different playstyle now. Instead, you get to hunt for an Ancient Kridershot. Congrats!

Dahbomb

Use Cindercoat, don't use Magefists. The RCR is paramount to have now.

Basically you kinda want more RCR now on gear and paragon points than attack speed. It's basically the old Cluster Arrow build but with M6.

For weapon you want a Kridershot but until then that ugly ass crafted cross box would, just keep making one until you get an Ancient roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom