• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oops, yeah, I was just thinking I hadn't checked in a while. You should have the community invitation now. It's just a slow time for the game in general. The group should come back to life once things spin up again with the new season and patch.

ZenaxPure

Oops, yeah, I was just thinking I hadn't checked in a while. You should have the community invitation now. It's just a slow time for the game in general. The group should come back to life once things spin up again with the new season and patch.

Yeppp, been getting the itch to play lately so I am looking forward to new stuff starting so I can jump back in.

Yeppp, been getting the itch to play lately so I am looking forward to new stuff starting so I can jump back in.

Same. I'm ready to start pulling the lottery on new items. I burned out trying and failing to ever get a decent weapon or a season item. something like 250 season hours and not a single Season item for Wizard and no decent weapons. I feel like 200 hours on a single character is enough to get at least the season items.

kuYuri

I'm still not done with the game yet, I'll play it again when the new patch hits and season 2 starts. After that though, going through my backlog will take more priority.

IceMarker

I'll gladly come back when the new season starts, but until then I have a backlog I'm attempting to conquer. Of course, I'll still help manage the clan/community, if anyone needs and invite/accept just let me know as always guys and gals.

Raticus79

Oh, and I think there's a chance of the patch arriving later today since the files are on the patch server, but I asked for that comment score thing like a year ago so that's bigger news for me at the moment, lol. Seeing a lousy repost thread sitting at -10 is pretty satisfying.

VoxPop

Is there a time frame for when Season 2 will start? WoW just doesn't do it for me anymore and want to get back on the Diablo wagon.

Raticus79

Is there a time frame for when Season 2 will start? WoW just doesn't do it for me anymore and want to get back on the Diablo wagon.

They plan to end season 1 on Feb 3, then there will be a gap before season 2 starts - long enough to (hopefully) weed out any exploits from the patch. They also said they wanted to give people time to sort their inventories from the deluge of season stash item mail arriving when the season ends. I'd say mid to late February, but that's just a guess.

VoxPop

They plan to end season 1 on Feb 3, then there will be a gap before season 2 starts - long enough to (hopefully) weed out any exploits from the patch. They also said they wanted to give people time to sort their inventories from the deluge of season stash item mail arriving when the season ends. I'd say mid to late February, but that's just a guess.

Sweet, thanks. Still a long time away it seems. Already yearning for a new expansion T-T

Celegus

Oh, and I think there's a chance of the patch arriving later today since the files are on the patch server, but I asked for that comment score thing like a year ago so that's bigger news for me at the moment, lol. Seeing a lousy repost thread sitting at -10 is pretty satisfying.

Is that the actual patch with the new goblins and all the other stuff? I hardly remember what all there was. Or is it just a new version of the PTR?

Raticus79

Is that the actual patch with the new goblins and all the other stuff? I hardly remember what all there was. Or is it just a new version of the PTR?

It's the same build number as the version that's on the PTR, so it would basically be pushing the PTR version to Live. "Ancient" items are the big new thing, along with the goblins and GR scaling changes.

If it's not today, I'd expect next week. That's looking more likely since they haven't said a thing about it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2rg7wr/patch_212_may_appear_this_week/

Celegus

Hopefully they plan on adding higher Torment difficulties at some point. I don't care much for GRs, and T6 is already incredibly easy - ancient weapons are going to make it trivial to the point of boredom. Maybe GRs will be more fun with the changes though.

Ayumi

Hopefully they plan on adding higher Torment difficulties at some point. I don't care much for GRs, and T6 is already incredibly easy - ancient weapons are going to make it trivial to the point of boredom. Maybe GRs will be more fun with the changes though.
I really wonder how high I could go.. Clearing T6 rifts in 5 min and soloring 37 (IIRC) GRs. They said GR 25 was equal to T6, that means they should maybe add at least 5 Torment levels or something "insane" with a new name and amazing drop rates (one can dream).

I find D3 to be very bingy. When the season started it was fun and I played a lot, but it quickly became boring because there really isn't any overarching objective besides "get better gear". Once you've plateaued, there's not much to keep you there.

It doesn't have the social aspects or breadth of side-content WoW does, and it's not updated nearly as frequently. I'm not saying it has to be an MMO, but to keep life in the game it needs to be somewhat regularly curated. Seasons are somewhat compelling, but if they remain so vanilla and blah, they won't be for long. S1 probably has already lasted too long.

Duress

They really need to raise the bar in difficulty, and stat loot upgrades; minimal. There's just no incentive to keep going.

overcast

What are the recommended builds for Barb? Or your personal favorites for fun or power or whatever.

My brother keeps telling me to "wait till 70"

desverger

Is 2.1.2 the patch where they nerf change Demon Hunters Marauder set bonus?

Playing a DH myself, I'm kind of looking forward to it - it was obviously never going to stay like it was, and I just want to see how the new DH plays out. Five stages of acceptance and all that!

I also can echo the wishes in this thread where additional torment levels would be a welcome change. T6 (for me) has been a snoozefest for a long time, and I kind of like the stress-free environment of it, but I would welcome the change to finetune the difficulty a little bit more.

I feel GRs are not the correct tool for the job because of the hassle you have to go through to get to the GR level you want. I don't have a single Unity on any of my characters, so I don't have the necessary damage reduction to run anything higher than GR30. Anything higher and it's just a one-shot fest because of the way the damage also scales.

So first I have to start a trial, take it easy to get something around GR25, and then run GRs for a few times before I hit the 30+ range, and have to start all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I like GRs and legendary gems and I feel they are quite fun in a group - but for solo play I would just like to pick a difficulty level of my choosing and play for a bit, without the need to go through a tiresome setup every time.

Is 2.1.2 the patch where they nerf change Demon Hunters Marauder set bonus?

Playing a DH myself, I'm kind of looking forward to it - it was obviously never going to stay like it was, and I just want to see how the new DH plays out. Five stages of acceptance and all that!

I also can echo the wishes in this thread where additional torment levels would be a welcome change. T6 (for me) has been a snoozefest for a long time, and I kind of like the stress-free environment of it, but I would welcome the change to finetune the difficulty a little bit more.

I feel GRs are not the correct tool for the job because of the hassle you have to go through to get to the GR level you want. I don't have a single Unity on any of my characters, so I don't have the necessary damage reduction to run anything higher than GR30. Anything higher and it's just a one-shot fest because of the way the damage also scales.

So first I have to start a trial, take it easy to get something around GR25, and then run GRs for a few times before I hit the 30+ range, and have to start all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I like GRs and legendary gems and I feel they are quite fun in a group - but for solo play I would just like to pick a difficulty level of my choosing and play for a bit, without the need to go through a tiresome setup every time.

Exactly my feels. GR on this coming patch is great, massive density boost but to get there you have to go through boring ass shit. Why can't T6 be as dense as the new GR density? It makes GR ~25 clear much much faster than a normal T6 rift because... no reasons. Also trials is still stupid. Both combined makes for one bad system that will have people quitting before they can enjoy all the focus on GR.

Deadly

Exactly my feels. GR on this coming patch is great, massive density boost but to get there you have to go through boring ass shit. Why can't T6 be as dense as the new GR density? It makes GR ~25 clear much much faster than a normal T6 rift because... no reasons. Also trials is still stupid. Both combined makes for one bad system that will have people quitting before they can enjoy all the focus on GR.
Yeah I find it dumb that they only fixed the 'last' step. As in you have do to bounties for rifts and then rifts for grifts. Both first steps still suck.

Raticus79

Here we go - the patch will go live while season 1 is still active:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699503837
"3 weeks before the rollover", with that targeted at Feb 3, means the patch should be next Tuesday (Jan 13).

Important Notice: Patch 2.1.2 & Season Rollover

Tyvalir / Community Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we prepare for patch 2.1.2 and the Season rollover, we wanted to share some important information regarding the timing of these two milestones.

Patch 2.1.2 And Season 1:

With respect to Seasons, our goal is to avoid implementing major balance changes towards the end of a Season. Ideally, patches and significant hotfixes will occur between Seasons or early enough in the Season that players have ample time to adjust to the new environment.

However, we discovered some technical risks in executing a simultaneous launch of patch 2.1.2 and the upcoming Season rollover, and it’s clear that trying to do both in tandem or close proximity would jeopardize both processes. This left us with two options:

A) We launch patch 2.1.2 after the Season rollover. In this scenario, Seasonal players wouldn’t have access to any new 2.1.2 items including updated Set items, updated Legendary items, and the new Seasonal items for at least a couple of weeks after the Season went live.
B) We could launch patch 2.1.2 before the Season rollover. In this scenario, this would impact Seasonal Leaderboard progression.

Not giving Seasonal players access to new items right away in Season 2 would take a lot of the excitement out of the start of that new Season. With this, we believe that by giving players a few weeks to adjust to patch 2.1.2 changes, and by allowing them to test existing changes on the PTR, the impact on the existing Leaderboards can be minimized.

After weighing both options carefully, we have decided to launch patch 2.1.2 three weeks prior to the Season rollover. This should provide players enough time to adjust to the patch changes before the Season ends as well as ensure that Season 1 is not prolonged further for those looking forward to Season 2.

Future Season Rollovers:

Season 1 has been a great learning experience for us and we aim to provide a smoother transition at the end of Season 2. In fact, our intent for future Seasons is to have the current Season end, the corresponding patch deployed, and then the following Season start—in that order. While we will not be able to do that for this inaugural Season rollover, this will be our plan for all rollovers moving forward.

For more information about the upcoming Season rollover, click here. To get a sneak-peek at upcoming patch 2.1.2 changes, click here.

Thank you for your patience and support. We hope to see you in Sanctuary and Season 2!

Awesome. I can't wait for the new patch. Been playing on and off the past few months after playing almost every day back in September. This'll get me back into playing again. Gotta get them Ancients.

BashNasty

Good to know the patch should be coming next week.

Honestly though, I'm still disappointed it wasn't released yesterday. Thought it was going to be.

So is the GAF guild dead? I've had a request sitting there for like 3 days and nothing, same for the community.

I haven't played in a long ass time. I really don't like the current end game of being 1 shotted in GR by abilities that I cannot avoid. Jailer, Frozen, and Tstorm killed the game for me. GRs should be about skill, not RNG. I will be back after the patch and play 1 ladder character before the season reset, just to get the xmog.

Hmm I'll try it out and see if it's any different from PTR which was a snoozefest. Will lvl a char for the 2 transmogs though when S2 hits, don't give a shit about the season 2 legendaries.

Syntek

What a way to shit on the leaderboards though with all the changes.

Indeed. Can't really blame Blizzard though, since only players currently on the season leaderboard would be affected. It doesn't actually matter for the non-season leaderboard since the reset is still very far away, allowing players plenty of time to update rankings.

MrDaravon

Looking at the patch notes, why is the Band of Untold Secrets no longer able to be dropped? I've been pretty out of it for a couple of months, some exploit with it or something?

Syntek

Looking at the patch notes, why is the Band of Untold Secrets no longer able to be dropped? I've been pretty out of it for a couple of months, some exploit with it or something?

I think they said they will update that ring with a legendary proc later. Right now, it is a plain 5 affix ring identical to compass rose, except the latter has a good set bonus. It is actually a nice gesture to remove it from the loot pool. If only they would do the same with the other hundreds of legendaries without a unique proc...

MrDaravon

I think they said they will update that ring with a legendary proc later. Right now, it is a plain 5 affix ring identical to compass rose, except the latter has a good set bonus. It is actually a nice gesture to remove it from the loot pool. If only they would do the same with the other hundreds of legendaries without a unique proc...

Ah, that makes sense.

TSM

To hold out for the next season or not to hold out. I don't really want to exhaust the new content before the next season starts.

ElyrionX

How much higher are the drop rates for the very rare legendaries?

I might come back to the game to finally try at getting that damn Kridershot.

Syntek

In general, Greater rift clears are faster than equivalent Torment rift clears, due to the purple orbs. After patch 2.1.2, Greater rifts will most always be faster due the increased density. I think it's a good idea to convert all those unused trial keys to level 25 keys. Keep rifting and keep taking key upgrades until the difficulty becomes to high.

Eventually you would end up with a stockpile of high tier keys. At this point, invite another player who has a stock of tier 25 keys, and always have that player initiate tier 25 rift. This allows you to reset all of your high tier keys. It's kinda of like a new "rift it forward" specially for GRs, except the runner has to be capable of carrying the opener through a rift.

Stevey

Kadala is not wearing a hood, that is her hair.

Oh wow.
Never noticed that before.

DqrnqDL.png

Ayumi

I feel kind of betrayed... Why was it so hard to see before? Even with max resolution, it looked like a hood.

But who cares,
I prefer to zoom in on Myriam and her massive cleavage

Tenebrous

Kadala is not wearing a hood, that is her hair.

Haha, I had absolutely no idea. Even zoomed in at Bastion's Keep Stronghold, it's very difficult to make it out for certain... And damn, zooming in was a bad idea. Her model clips so much!

Time to say goodbye to the Wizard for a while. I don't mind playing weaker builds if the difference is negligible, but the difference between Firebird/Blizzard builds and everything else is just way too vast. 2.1.2 doesn't seem to do much to change this... Ancient items are nice 'n' all, but why not change Tal'rasha's or Vyr's to be somewhat competitive.

Crusader's seem to have quite a few different specs to choose from, so I'm gonna try that out. Anyone from the EU gearing an alt at the moment, and fancy teaming up for some RoRG/rifts/grifts?

Fonds

Just under 2.5x. The new season legs that are added to the loot pool haven't been added in to that increased factor yet. Since the pool becomes a bit larger it's slightly less than 2.5x.

Thought I'd come back to this OT since I've started playing again.
The clan is indeed rather quiet atm. Things will probably pick up again once the patch and new season hits.

I'm not too bothered with season play myself. I'd rather play Grifts on a higher lvl with a main. Especially since those season only legs will find their way into the loot pool now. I did get myself my Raekor and IK combo set now. Charging all the way with perma ancients is good fun.
Now, just to find a furnace and Leorics crown... :/

kuYuri

I feel kind of betrayed... Why was it so hard to see before? Even with max resolution, it looked like a hood.

But who cares,
I prefer to zoom in on Myriam and her massive cleavage

Or on the female Barbarian. She is waifu material.

Some of her dialogue with Lyndon (Scoundrel) is good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom