• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

After playing for a bit I found an Ancient Firebird offhand and a Witching Hour. The first Witching Hour I have ever seen. Hmm.

Fonds

I'm at work at the moment but I'm really curious as to how my barb with Raekor and perm CotA (IK set) will play now.

Think I might have to forego the the IK set and go for the Leoric's Crown, fire/lightning build.

Tenebrous

Crafted myself an Ancient Devastator. Stats are far from perfect, but it's a big upgrade on my old item.

2664.9 DPS
1505-1824 Fire Damage
Fire Skills Deal 16% More Damage
962 Int (rerolled)
5% IAS
Gifted for socket, +130% crit.

My Wizard is now sitting at 2.5m elemental DPS, and just under 2.9m elemental elite DPS. A nice Stone of Jordan & Sunkeeper should nudge me quite a bit further in the right direction.

Anyway, I had heard that GR mob density had been improved, and blimey, that's an understatement! Firebird/Blizzard spamming is a lot more interesting now there's loads of the buggers to hit, but it can cause framerate issues, even on a 3770k/GTX780.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

So I've been playing the game again after a long break. Leveled a character to 70 in the ladder along with a friend. But... normal mode is a different story because all my friends outgear me handily and they just live in T6 now.

Is the GAF guild still a thing? I remember I used to be able to get quite a few folks to play with in the early days of ROS. I joined the GAF ingame community but no one ever speaks in that channel and I'm not sure if it's possible to get games through it. How can I get to play with you folks again?

Fonds

So I've been playing the game again after a long break. Leveled a character to 70 in the ladder along with a friend. But... normal mode is a different story because all my friends outgear me handily and they just live in T6 now.

Is the GAF guild still a thing? I remember I used to be able to get quite a few folks to play with in the early days of ROS. I joined the GAF ingame community but no one ever speaks in that channel and I'm not sure if it's possible to get games through it. How can I get to play with you folks again?

Are you talking about the EU clan?

Yoshi leads it I think, but he's been awol for quite a while now.

Celegus

Found a nearly perfect Ancient Akanesh spear, so I've been messing around with different builds. Slash (zeal) + Fist of the Heavens, and keeping my double phalanx shield since I have so much CDR to keep bowmen out all the time is pretty nice. Justice + Blessed Hammer also seems good, and a little safer.

Lots of ideas to try out, so I'm having fun! Smite still seems horrible though, even with the double Smite chest armor. Anyone have any other ideas or builds to try out with it? Really wish I could find a holy SoJ already.

RS4-

Eh, I guess I'll play a bit. I've only squeezed in a few hours the past few months. Finally hit 70 on my Crusader though during that bonus xp thing over the holidays (was at 66 for the longest time).

And I finally got a Marauder piece, not that I play my DH much, but still. Too bad prepatch.

Maybe I'll finally get that Furnace..

I still think about the day I salvaged my Furnace.

Syntek

So Mara DH now broken?

It's not broken. In fact, the starting "base" M6 should now see a substantial boost to a level comparable to the previous top 4.15 breakpoint (BP) build. If you were optimized at 4.15 BP before, then nothing has changed DPS-wise. If anything, gearing is easier because there is no silly BP wall that blocked most DHs from playing 4.15 BP.

Addnan

Haven't found any ancient legendaries for my build yet but this is so much easier to play than spam mantra and sweeping wind. Crits for around 200 million to everything that a clone hits.

JXhX0CL.png

ElyrionX

Did some rifts. Found maybe something like 30 legs. Nothing really useful. Not even one goddamn bow drop. That Krider is looking to be a distant goal.....................

Syntek

Soo.. does the Marauder 6 piece bonus get affected by sentries spawned by Helltrapper? :p

It does, but Helltrapper no longer raises your max Sentry cap by 2, which was the big selling point. Only thing it is good for now is to help you reach the max sentry cap faster.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So how do monks play with the end-game gear and the new patch? I'm thinking of playing that as my main for season 2.

The season 2 exclusive version of Gungdo Gear causes all exploding palm runes to spread like Essence Burn. It's quite a game changer. From there, people either use bells with the incense torch or build around tempest rush (flurry).

Xanathus

The season 2 exclusive version of Gungdo Gear causes all exploding palm runes to spread like Essence Burn. It's quite a game changer. From there, people either use bells with the incense torch or build around tempest rush (flurry).

Welp I guess that's a reason to main monk for season 2. I'm guessing that Gungdo Gear is going to be the BIS for monks?

Raticus79

So my current build is useless?

The monk game's changed around quite a bit. There are some 2.1.2 guides getting started on the monk subreddit here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3monks

Bells:

Fire: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/2mt4o8/212_incense_torch_normal_rift_run/

Lightning: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/2sepix/gr45_lightning_bells_video/

Cold (old): http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/2mv504/ptr_212_cold_bellsfrostburn_build/
There's an important note there about the cold bell not being able to damage the same enemy with the bell and the line. I had missed that detail. No wonder it wasn't working as well as I expected.

Just got the game reinstalled! No RoS though... is it still worth leveling up to 60 by grinding the story? (I won't be able to get RoS any time soon)

First day impressions for me is not at all liking the rez system for GR. How fun is it to wait a full 30 seconds every time you die because you were able to clear the trials really well but not elites? I don't mind dying, I know it's supposed to be difficult, but just sitting there for 30 seconds is stupid. I'd rather have started back at checkpoint and walked, at least it was more engaging that way.

Celegus

Same here, although I kind of wish the best weapon in the game was more... flashy. 40-50% bonus to elites is just kind of blah in terms of awesomeness factor. But still, I'm paragon ~520 and yet to see one.

The buff is real, but I'm not sure it's even worth using a gift on.

FYQkkJH.jpg

Dahbomb

So my current build is useless?

Was your current build the Mantra spam one?

Here were the changes I made to make the switch as painless as possible to a WoL build:

*Aughilds Chest and Bracer
*Leoric's Crown Helm for the CDR (if you don't have SWK amulet, otherwise keep SWK head, shoulder and gloves but have a very good Amulet to make up for it)
*Crimson's Belt and Pants
*Crudest Boots with WoL attack modifier
*Grand Incense Torch for weapon (very important)

Take out any extraneous stuff that had attack speed and replace with resource cost reduction. Also redistribute points from Paragon points away from Attack speed and into RCR. Attack speed is useless now. This includes your RROG, gloves and amulet if applicable.

Then pick Element for what you have on those slots. Physical, Lightning, Holy and Fire are all very good Bell builds especially starting out.

If you choose to go Fire then you can use Cindercoat + Strong Arms/Reaper Wraps instead of Aughilds which can allow you to pick more offensive passives rather than having a bunch of skills designated around Spirit regen. It will however be very squishy.

Alternate build with Inna's set + Reaper's Wraps or Strong Arms:

Inna's Chest, Pants and Helm. Belt you use Witching Hour.

Inna's 4 piece allows you to have all Mantras (freeing up a slot for a Mantra) and more importantly the lowered cost of SW allows you to stack up Taeguk very quickly and freely.

Active Skills: Epiphany (for Spirit regen and defense or offense), WoL, Dashing Strike, Mantra of choice/ Inner Sanctuary, Monk Ally (for Spirit Regen), Sweeping Wind (for Spirit regen)

Passive Skills: A spirit regen, one defensive, Beacon of Ytar and one offensive gets the job done here. You don't need any passives that build attack speed anymore.

Gems: Taeguk, Bane of Trapped (works with the taunt effect now) and Bane of Powerful. Gogok is still usable if you want to reach a certain CDR.

The build is basically spam Bells as much as you can while having full stacks of SW up and using Air Ally to fill up Spirit as needed. Basically you can spam a ton of Bells before needing to top up. With good CDR you can have good uptime on Epiphany and during Epiphany you don't even need to use Air Ally so save that for when not in Epiphany mode. Dashing Strike to move around and position yourself. SW and Mantra are useful to have max stacks of Taeguk up all the time.

You can still use your current build just replace some skill with the Holy Bell and just spam builds, attack with generator when low in Spirit. This is still good enough to beat T6 easily.

In Season 2 having Exploding Palm in the skill rotation is going to be huge due to the Gungdo Gear item. But for now keep off EP.

A build with LTK is also viable though not as powerful as the Fire Bell build (GYK Helm, Maximus, Cindercoat). Tempest Rush build is also very strong with the Cold rune.

Edit: Tzo Kin's Gaze (the one that puts WoL on the enemy) is also very good to have now because of the WoL damage bonus and it being a safe option against some Elite types.

Addnan

I have no problem with CDR, I just need to get some damage back now.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/54018042
(don't copy this, I can barely do GR 28 at the moment, lol)
CDR only seems to become a problem when I am going up against the grift guardian. During the rift itself the trash seems to be able to keep the spirit up most of the times. Against higher level guardian you need to jump away and loses the wind stacks, slows down spirit regen so need ephiany and air ally more often. If I can find a good swk amulet then I will use my 100% crown for double cdr, but a good amulet is impossible to find.

My other problem right now is surviving, I can't just charge head in and double speed punch for near immortality. Play style in that regard is having to change a bit and am finding it a bit of get used to.

As for damage I am dealing so much more than I did with the old spam mantra and sw. Currently have 0% boost to elites, but still dealing more.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/38201292

Fonds

Not really. There's no new defining feature you MUST experience right now, but instead a handful of QOL changes, and a few tweaks to class balance, rebalanced/new tier of item drops.

I'd say the experience is quite different from 2.1.1

The mob density change is pretty major. The increased mob sizes make for much faster rift clearing. Besides that the GRift nerf above 26 increased my max GRift lvl by 6 (!).

The new ancient drops are also something to play for imho. A 20-30% dmg increase from weapons alone is huge.

Tenebrous

I'd say the experience is quite different from 2.1.1

The mob density change is pretty major. The increased mob sizes make for much faster rift clearing. Besides that the GRift nerf above 26 increased my max GRift lvl by 6 (!).

The new ancient drops are also something to play for imho. A 20-30% dmg increase from weapons alone is huge.

I consider the GR issue a fix moreso than anything else, and ancient drops are only really worthwhile on your weapon/offhand. Farming for an ancient upgrade over a perfectly rolled non-ancient non-weapon item will be bloody difficult, and not really something I'm interested in doing.

I crafted my Ancient Devastator, cleared some Greater Rifts, and that was pretty much that. Can't see me going OTT on Diablo again until they at least fix my class.

Fonds

I consider the GR issue a fix moreso than anything else, and ancient drops are only really worthwhile on your weapon/offhand. Farming for an ancient upgrade over a perfectly rolled non-ancient non-weapon item will be bloody difficult, and not really something I'm interested in doing.

I crafted my Ancient Devastator, cleared some Greater Rifts, and that was pretty much that. Can't see me going OTT on Diablo again until they at least fix my class.

The mob density was a bit of a problem yeh, especially since it was the density keeping you from completing a rift instead of your power as a player.
For now I'm still content hunting the ancient weapons. Barbs are an absolute blast with the Raekor set changes. I'd say it's more of a buff than it is a nerf.

What class are you playing atm?

RangerX

Banned
Is it just me or has the community significantly decreased since the last patch. Theres barely anyone playing adventure mode especially torments 1-4.

Tenebrous

The mob density was a bit of a problem yeh, especially since it was the density keeping you from completing a rift instead of your power as a player.
For now I'm still content hunting the ancient weapons. Barbs are an absolute blast with the Raekor set changes. I'd say it's more of a buff than it is a nerf.

What class are you playing atm?

I'm after an Ancient Sunkeeper, but I'm not holding my breath.

Playing a Wizard at the moment, so it's either go Firebird or go home. It's such a dull build, but nothing else comes close in terms of viability.

Is it just me or has the community significantly decreased since the last patch. Theres barely anyone playing adventure mode especially torments 1-4.

It's not just you. 2.1.2 was the first update in 5 months, and it's a very minor one at that. A lot of people will be playing T5/T6 as they're pretty easy for anyone with decent gear, and the playerbase is no doubt further fractured by the addition of seasons late last year.

So I JUSSST found out about keywardens in adventure mode.

Is there anything else like this? Basically should I be doing anything but Bounties to Rift to Greater Rift rinse and repeat?

Fonds

I'm after an Ancient Sunkeeper, but I'm not holding my breath.

Playing a Wizard at the moment, so it's either go Firebird or go home. It's such a dull build, but nothing else comes close in terms of viability.

It's not just you. 2.1.2 was the first update in 5 months, and it's a very minor one at that. A lot of people will be playing T5/T6 as they're pretty easy for anyone with decent gear, and the playerbase is no doubt further fractured by the addition of seasons late last year.

Especially this is something I've noticed. As a player that doesn't predominantly play competitively, seasons just aren't that interesting. That does mean however there's about 50% (official guesstimate) less people to play with as well.
I'd really hoped there would be more reasons to play seasonal. Like still having a 1 way shared cash between season to normal, so you could at least have that as an incentive to farm season only legs.

w4ttsup

Has anyone tried to the new Raekor's?

Was never a big fan of the gameplay pre 2.1.2 but now it seems a lot better for single target and wayyy faster at T6/GR30 speed runs.

Celegus

Has anyone tried to the new Raekor's?

Was never a big fan of the gameplay pre 2.1.2 but now it seems a lot better for single target and wayyy faster at T6/GR30 speed runs.

I need to play around with it some more, as I only did a couple runs last night. I kind of miss the silliness of clumping all the enemies together, but the new Dreadnought helps a ton with always being able to charge and not getting completely screwed if you mess one up. I still had a horrible time with the RG though, flew through a GR38 in 7 minutes but the RG took over 10 minutes itself. What skills do you use for single targets? I had CotA and Frenzy, plus the fire chains from Maximus.

w4ttsup

I'm using the same skills as you - Frenzy and COTA, both with fire runes.

You're absolutely right though. I only did a few low 30 GRs and would get to the RG in 3-7 mins but then the guardian themselves took like 3 mins.

Need to somehow get COTA down to almost perma, and maybe substitute WOTB for something with more consistent damage.

I'm currently using a Furnace, but I'm wondering if Maximus, or maybe Bastion's Revered or Fury of the Vanished Peak would be a better option due to the single target unique property....

Raticus79

Checking the number of people playing public T6 Rift games is a great way to benchmark the overall activity of the community. It usually shows at least 300 there for me. The issue is the bar keeps getting lowered for T6 - thanks to the gems in the last patch, and even further with ancient items in this patch. People just don't need to stay in the pre-70 / sub-T6 game for long these days.

Raticus79

I created a poll for us to check our plans for season 2:
http://strawpoll.me/3410149

Just getting a feel for what people are up to.

In my case I'm really up in the air about whether I want to go for that S2 Gungdo Gear or just focus on racking up my main paragon levels more quickly with another class on non-season.

Celegus

I'm currently using a Furnace, but I'm wondering if Maximus, or maybe Bastion's Revered or Fury of the Vanished Peak would be a better option due to the single target unique property....

That's funny, I was going to try out that Furnace I just got over my (very good) Maximus and see if that helps. But really, playing with any other class mostly just reminds me of how awesome Crusader is and I should just play him some more.

Took the poll, I still have no interest in seasons.

w4ttsup

I'll probably due a lot more of Season 2 than I did Season 1.

With the addition of the ancient items, and the the fact that the new legendary gems aren't available in non-season, I think I'll be able to stick with it more this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom