• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

I created a poll for us to check our plans for season 2:
http://strawpoll.me/3410149

Just getting a feel for what people are up to.

In my case I'm really up in the air about whether I want to go for that S2 Gungdo Gear or just focus on racking up my main paragon levels more quickly with another class on non-season.
Same I want that gg :p I was going to go another class maybe finally make a DH for season 2 but with monks finally being one of the best classes I have to go monk.... Will try for fire this time lighting is a little better though I think... But played lighting for 400+ hours lol..... But man leveling to 70 is literally the most fucking boring thing ever :/

Fonds

I'm using the same skills as you - Frenzy and COTA, both with fire runes.

You're absolutely right though. I only did a few low 30 GRs and would get to the RG in 3-7 mins but then the guardian themselves took like 3 mins.

Need to somehow get COTA down to almost perma, and maybe substitute WOTB for something with more consistent damage.

I'm currently using a Furnace, but I'm wondering if Maximus, or maybe Bastion's Revered or Fury of the Vanished Peak would be a better option due to the single target unique property....

This is why I'm using both the raekor set bonus and IK set bonus. It works quite well but I guess there is a drop in peak dps. Since I don't have a furnace yet, that's not a problem though.

w4ttsup

Yeah I might try the IK/Raekor combo just strictly for the perma Ancients and damage mitigation. Hard to give up Vile Wards and the CDR from Leoric's though :)

w4ttsup

As an aside, has anyone noticed the large increase in very rare legendary drop rates?

I've gotten 3 elemental damage prevention ammys in the past 2 days which is maybe my total from all RoS combined!

Celegus

As an aside, has anyone noticed the large increase in very rare legendary drop rates?

I've gotten 3 elemental damage prevention ammys in the past 2 days which is maybe my total from all RoS combined!
Yep, I found two Haunt of Vaxos just yesterday, whereas I've only ever found one before. Plus my Furnace!

Yeah I might try the IK/Raekor combo just strictly for the perma Ancients and damage mitigation. Hard to give up Vile Wards and the CDR from Leoric's though :)

I did try using both, but like usual, had problems keeping the CotA dudes alive for any length of time (using the fire rune). Overall it didn't seem any better to me, but again I need to test it some more when I get home.

Syntek

Didn't care for S1, still undecided for S2.

I'll say this though, while overall D3 activity was low in the last two months, S1 activity fell off a cliff a lot sooner than non-season.

Yes, Season is a big reason players come back to the game. But those same players are not planning on sticking around for long anyway.

Tom Penny

I have gotten plenty of Ancients already. I even got an Ancient Lacuni Prowler.

Though I have been doing 35 and lower GRs so far because my Monk gear is not optimized to the new SWK set. Need to get a new Amulet and that Bells weapon (I had it before but I stupidly salvaged it for no good reason).

Everyone is using those incense torch's. I actually went dual wield until I get one and the helm that works with. Probably not greater rift viable but annihilating T6 rifts super fas with mostly crafted gear which also give a chance of an ancient that got me to almost perma ephiphany and I just spam fire pillars. I'm at 65% cdr but don't have it on my bracers or gloves or amulet. That combined with double air allies gives me lots of spirit. I don't even use a generator.

ElyrionX

Still rocking non-season here and I don't plan to participate in season two. I see a few people in the clan online but no one seems to want to play together.

kuYuri

I'm using the same skills as you - Frenzy and COTA, both with fire runes.

You're absolutely right though. I only did a few low 30 GRs and would get to the RG in 3-7 mins but then the guardian themselves took like 3 mins.

Need to somehow get COTA down to almost perma, and maybe substitute WOTB for something with more consistent damage.

I'm currently using a Furnace, but I'm wondering if Maximus, or maybe Bastion's Revered or Fury of the Vanished Peak would be a better option due to the single target unique property....

I'm using Bastion's Revered now. It's pretty decent for single targets, it might be even better if I manage to get the new Undisputed Champion belt for all Frenzy runes.

In the meantime, I'm waiting to get a gift so I can add a socket to Maximus and see what works for me.

Addnan

T6 is incredibly boring now. Monk is way too OP for T6. I like doing grifts, but I also like playing in a group. So when I go into public we get a highish rift and there's that one player who isn't ready for it. Give me higher fucking torment level already.

w4ttsup

Agreed that there needs to be another few difficulties past T6, or maybe a new game mode that's team-oriented with very high difficulty.

I would be up for some non-seasonal higher level GRifts to try and get some gems leveled.

Tenebrous

T6 is incredibly boring now. Monk is way too OP for T6. I like doing grifts, but I also like playing in a group. So when I go into public we get a highish rift and there's that one player who isn't ready for it. Give me higher fucking torment level already.

Agreed. Blizzard love going on about playing the game your own way, but they limit it in so many ways.

Why is the only endgame goal Greater Rifts? Give us more Torment levels.

Why is the only way to level legendary gems from Greater Rifts? Offer us an alternative.

Why are there act specific cache legendaries? Allow us to pick the cache of our choice after beating 5 bounties in an act (seriously sick of running Act I for better RoRG's).

Why do some classes only have one viable spec/set of gear? Add some more damn gear to the game.

Tom Penny

Agreed. Blizzard love going on about playing the game your own way, but they limit it in so many ways.

Why is the only way to level legendary gems from Greater Rifts? Offer us an alternative.

Why are there act specific cache legendaries? Allow us to pick the cache of our choice after beating 5 bounties in an act (seriously sick of running Act I for better RoRG's).

Why do some classes only have one viable spec/set of gear? Add some more damn gear to the game.

They are incapable of such things especially gear and sets. Nearly every monk set is totally worthless. Instead of redesigning them they band aid everything. Well that ability sucks and didn't do enough damage so we will just increase damage by 2x , it's too strong decrease damage by 2x etc.....laziness. For example I'm dual wielding now because it's fun but it cannot compete with 2 handers and it isn't even greater rift viable.There are zero dual wield or 1 hand builds that can...that's only cripples 2/3 of the viable builds SMH...

Norns

They are incapable of such things especially gear and sets. Nearly every monk set is totally worthless. Instead of redesigning them they band aid everything. Well that ability sucks and didn't do enough damage so we will just increase damage by 2x , it's too strong decrease damage by 2x etc.....laziness. For example I'm dual wielding now because it's fun but it cannot compete with 2 handers and it isn't even greater rift viable.There are zero dual wield or 1 hand builds that can...that's only cripples 2/3 of the viable builds SMH...
come on man. Can we quit it with the "lazy devs" bullshit already? Unless you have some sick insider knowledge...

Dahbomb

Everyone is using those incense torch's. I actually went dual wield until I get one and the helm that works with. Probably not greater rift viable but annihilating T6 rifts super fas with mostly crafted gear which also give a chance of an ancient that got me to almost perma ephiphany and I just spam fire pillars. I'm at 65% cdr but don't have it on my bracers or gloves or amulet. That combined with double air allies gives me lots of spirit. I don't even use a generator.
I don't use Generator either the Incense Torch allows you to spam bells with much more damage than dual wield.

Dual wield for Monks is only going to be good with a redesigned Raiment set which is coming soon. They would also have to rework Jawbreaker.

Tom Penny

come on man. Can we quit it with the "lazy devs" bullshit already? Unless you have some sick insider knowledge...

I have insider knowledge that their description of a Monk has almost no correlation to the actual Monk in the game...

I don't use Generator either the Incense Torch allows you to spam bells with much more damage than dual wield.

Dual wield for Monks is only going to be good with a redesigned Raiment set which is coming soon. They would also have to rework Jawbreaker.

Yeah I need to get a torch. Only good 2H I have is still my old flying dragon from before. At least with the torch you can actually use the element you like which is a start..

Syntek

The issue here is, with scaleable difficulty content, there will always be a single build that outperforms the rest. Right now, the T6 bar is low enough such that a lot of random builds/sets are viable. It is only until you start to push higher in GRs that many of these builds start to fall apart along the way, and ultimately distilling down to a single build that gives you the highest eHP and eDPS, the only two things that matter in solo play. They can throw in a dozen new sets, we'd still pick the best one out of that bunch and then cry that we need more than one viable build.

Dreavus

The issue here is, with scaleable difficulty content, there will always be a single build that outperforms the rest. Right now, the T6 bar is low enough such that a lot of random builds/sets are viable. It is only until you start to push higher in GRs that many of these builds start to fall apart along the way, and ultimately distilling down to a single build that gives you the highest eHP and eDPS, the only two things that matter in solo play. They can throw in a dozen new sets, we'd still pick the best one out of that bunch and then cry that we need more than one viable build.

I think you nailed it here. People are always going to be after the very best. If the game scales (infinitely) upwards then SOMETHING always has to be at the top.

zanyu

Is there any end of season rewards if we are on the leader board?

Or is it just "saved" sort of deal? I haven't played in awhile and I liked the competition in greater rifts in the beginning but it got stale for me. I might come back for season 2 briefly but not try to climb the ranks as hard as I did before.

Did they majorly drop the difficulty down? I have crap gear and torment 1 was usually challenging, but now it's like I'm on a couple of settings lower

Xanathus

Hmm interesting, it seems people are saying that an Ancient Xbow with good rolls is better than a normal Kridershot because of the DPS difference. Guess finding a Krider isn't that important after all.

Can someone help me out?

Im a level 60 paragon monk. Playing on torment 2. What should I really be doing? What should I be going for? Should I just keep completing bounties and jumping into rifts? Should I be doing them in certain areas? Going for certain gear? Should I be going to certain areas for gear or just praying to RNGesus?

Syntek

Thoughts on the new Raekor's: it's a good change.

The old Dreadnought rune allowed for clumping of mobs to maximize damage, but you had to be mindful to charge at the right angle and distance to carry the mob with you, and to reset Furious Charge (FC) cooldown. That decision-making leads to a short interval between FC.

The new Dreadnought rune loses clumping property, but you no longer need to worry about screwing up a FC. The end result is much quicker FC spam, and much smoother gameplay.

Celegus and I were leapfrogging each other on the solo Barb leaderboard last night. We both made it all the way into the top 200 ;)

Xanathus

Can someone help me out?

Im a level 60 paragon monk. Playing on torment 2. What should I really be doing? What should I be going for? Should I just keep completing bounties and jumping into rifts? Should I be doing them in certain areas? Going for certain gear? Should I be going to certain areas for gear or just praying to RNGesus?

Do bounties and rifts for Blood Shards, figure out what end-game gear you need and gamble for the items. That's it. It's mostly rifts, just do bounties when you need rift keystones and when you're farming for the Ring of Royal Grandeur or some other bounty-only legendary. You generally want to get the RRoG last since they increased the bounty legendary drop rates on higher torments so you want to do higher torment bounties last.

... Why are all of the Kadala items now five times more expensive if they didn't even bother to increase the cap on bloodshards? Is there any reasoning behind this other than Blizzard wanting to make the grind for items even more annoying?

Addnan

... Why are all of the Kadala items now five times more expensive if they didn't even bother to increase the cap on bloodshards? Is there any reasoning behind this other than Blizzard wanting to make the grind for items even more annoying?

Legendary drop rate is higher.

Celegus

Thoughts on the new Raekor's: it's a good change.

The old Dreadnought rune allowed for clumping of mobs to maximize damage, but you had to be mindful to charge at the right angle and distance to carry the mob with you, and to reset Furious Charge (FC) cooldown. That decision-making leads to a short interval between FC.

The new Dreadnought rune loses clumping property, but you no longer need to worry about screwing up a FC. The end result is much quicker FC spam, and much smoother gameplay.

Celegus and I were leapfrogging each other on the solo Barb leaderboard last night. We both made it all the way into the top 200 ;)

I'll beat you yet sir! I completely agree with the Raekor changes being so much better. Switching to Furnace, Strongarm's to Ancient Parthans, and String of Ears to Witching Hour helped me a ton. Trying to get more CDR seems much more worthwhile than hamfisting the IK set along with it. May need to try Pride of Cassius again since we're getting into GR43 territory.

I'll need to take back my Crusader spot as well, treacherous fiend! I haven't done any solo GRs with him yet, but that'll be next.

RS4-

Great, second day in a row where a dozen or so goblins spawn. Too bad it happens at the same time the RG appears along with 5 other champs.

Too bad the few Odious guys weren't the blood ones.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Legendary drop rate is higher.

Yeah, the point of the change was to reduce the tedium. They made it 5x more expense and have 5x the drop chance, so the process requires 1/5 as much clicking and travel back and forth to salvage.

---

Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRlk2OpIro

Monks splitting to clear a T6 rift in 1:11. (from reddit)

Lightning's good even without Gungdo gear because that EP rune applies it on two targets.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I updated the clan+community speadsheet with the kill stats as of today. Quote + check the preview text for the link.

I dropped the "days since login" column since that's available in the roster now.

There are lots of people who have been inactive over 90 days. I removed the five that had gone the longest to free up some spots for the community members who wanted in.

Blizzard still hasn't implemented /claninvite, unfortunately. I enabled "looking for members" for now so you can search and request to join.

have they mentioned when S1 officially ends? I might want to make one more attempt to get the Wiz seasonal items that didn't drop for me in the first 300 fucking paragon levels...

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Haven't been around for awhile. What's everyones thoughts on the barbs FC changes in 2.1.2?

At first I miss read it and thought it was a massive nerf (thought it changed the cooldown reduction rune to "store charges") but since playing it and realising it changed the pull everyone to where you're going rune to charges I'm actually quite pleased.

Tenebrous

Definitely true, but I'm yet to find a build that comes within 3-4 GRs of Firebird/Apocalypse. Hoping to find a Wand of Woh and try that build.

Xanathus

I updated the clan+community speadsheet with the kill stats as of today. Quote + check the preview text for the link.

I dropped the "days since login" column since that's available in the roster now.

There are lots of people who have been inactive over 90 days. I removed the five that had gone the longest to free up some spots for the community members who wanted in.

Blizzard still hasn't implemented /claninvite, unfortunately. I enabled "looking for members" for now so you can search and request to join.
Good work, I feel the clan needs to be cleaned out more frequently.

Yeah but you still want an Ancient Kridershot...
Yeah I also want a top prize lottery ticket and a brand new sports car while we're at it.

i might come back to this game again

but i have to get my tears belt first and some better amulets and have not yet gotten my furnace... :( left this game since august..busy with school and all that stuff

wizard with the minor nerfs sucks :(

Negator

I've been trying to play, but I just can't get excited right now. I need Season 2 to start, not just for the reset, but the influx of players hopefully.

Went Wizard and Demon Hunter in S1, the plan is to go melee with Monk and Crusader this season.

I know someone who has been playing DH since day one of RoS and never found one. Shit's ridiculous.

One of my friends hit 70 on his demon hunter and within an hour he found a Kridershot. He quit a week later. God damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom