• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotchaye#1868 if there's any room in the NA clan. It's getting very hard to find useful public games at T4-6.

Fenderputty#1180

Im at about the same level as you. If there's room I'll let you in. Same with Kiblar. I haven't paid attention to clan numbers and involvement though. Raticus might be better equipped to make these calls. Have you tried the GAF community chat to start games?

eek5

eek#1673 i'll carry u dudes and get you stronk as fuck

then when RNG gods turn on me you can carry me in return

I feel like the reforge legendary recipe is way overcosted. 50 souls is a fuckload.

It's a lot but it's a completely end-end-game thing that's just one option at your disposal. For example if I needed a ancient SMK to get to the next level I could be reforging my SMK, upgrading rare ceremonial knives, and gambling kadala 1H weapons all at the same time without using up any of the same mats really. At that point I'm probably salvaging every legendary that drops, getting a shit ton of DBs from TX that I then convert to legendary ceremonial knives which I then convert into reforging souls.

I feel like the upgrade rare to legendary is so cheap that it balances out the expensive reforge. If you're grinding all 3 options as well as running it doesn't seem like you'll have a really hard time getting ancient stuff unless you're really unlucky which is always a possibility lol

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Fenderputty#1180

Im at about the same level as you. If there's room I'll let you in. Same with Kiblar. I haven't paid attention to clan numbers and involvement though. Raticus might be better equipped to make these calls. Have you tried the GAF community chat to start games?

I haven't been doing any cleanup in advance recently - I just open the roster and click the Location to sort by the people who have been offline the longest, then remove someone to make room. We should still have a few who haven't been on for a long time.

btothekw

just started playing again for season 4, gafmax is so empty, if i could get an invite to the regular na clan that would be awesome.

NA

Btothekw #1220

288 to 350 today, speed farming GR47 with leoric's ruby instead of spirit bracers, feels good mang
Got a lot of neat upgrades, now what I really need is a focus with natural high CDR or CHD, ancient az turasq with good rolls preferably, and a ramaladni
jugg-dizzy.gif

Beat 52 but didn't have a lot of time left, DPS is going to be an issue faster than I thought, can probably push it to 55 with ancient az

Gotchaye

27 legendaries cubed. Got enough in my stash for another 15 or 20. Lord this is costly in materials.

I've been collecting affixes too and, yeah, it takes a lot of bounty runs. I had to start a new stash page to hold my growing backlog.

They're completely ignoring the top-rated question. Classic.

The Tal Rasha buff thing is really annoying in multiplayer, but it's pretty awkward even solo. Having to glance down at this small icon and see what number it's displaying is not a great solution for the most important mechanic of the build. Really this should have a visual effect - like the much less important +100% resist buff does - so that you can tell by looking at your character how many stacks you've got.

Don't tell anyone but I didn't realize I had higher level gem recipes till this afternoon. The filter was set on available materials -_-

That power boost should help push me to 53, maybe further. DPS was definitely an issue more than survivability, particularly on white mobs.

ZenaxPure

The set answer is really interesting, apparently shadow mantle, leapquake, jade, firebird, akkhan, invoker, and marauder have already been redesigned and will be updated in the next patch to bring them on par with the other sets. Inna/SWK they are still working on but plan to include them too.

Wasn't expecting them to just try and fix every terrible set next patch but I will take it. Wish they would do something about the whirlwind set though. I know it's not terrible and in fact is really strong but it annoys me that the 2 piece is next to useless as most people don't even use Rend in the build (for good reasons). Wish they would replace it with an Overpower bonus since that skill has always had such amazing synergy with WW.

Bombless

I can't wait to get my hands on these old 6pc sets that have already been updated internally...in 6 months or so (if i'm lucky).

Dahbomb

WTB Fist of Az/God.

I think right now my top of the list changes for D3 would be:

1) Buff other sets (which is what they are doing for next patch).

2) Make Paragon farming less rewarding past 800 so that you don't have to be a no lifer to compete on the Leaderboards (by that I mean playing the game 15 hours a day for 4 months to get 1400 Paragons to beat everyone else in stats).

3) Let us pick up craft mats and Deaths Breath automatically. D3 has made a lot of quality improvements and they continue to do so but this season especially this stuck out like a sore thumb. Having to wait around for Deaths Breath pick ups is no fun.

4) Stat shrink. The numbers are absolutely ridiculous right now. Feels like I am playing some DBZ game where my power level can't be calculated by a scouter. Something has to be done.

5) Do something about the whole difference in set and legendary power level. I don't expect this to be changed in the expansion. For now please don't make 10 PC sets for classes, it really limits build diversity.

Overall quite pleased with the game, Kanai's Cube has been excellent thus far. Can't wait for the next patch.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well, that AMA didnt really say much useful info other than they are boosting older sets to make them better, there will be a gold sink and there will be a gem sink. and gems will be better for weapons.

not much in the way of what they are planning for the future that much, but i guess that was to be expected?

from diablofans

Patch 2.4 will feature a rework of many Sets: Shadow's Mantle (Melee DH!), Might of the Earth, Jade Harvester, Firebird's, Akkhan's, Invoker's, Marauder's, Sunwuko, and Inna's. There's also something for smaller Sets in the works.
2.4 will also make Gold a more valuable resource.
There are currently no plans for microtransactions outside of China.
There might be more members of King Leoric's family appearing in the future.
King Kanai in the Immortal Throne will be part of an event tied to a certain month.
We've got very detailed answers on solo vs. group play and the buff bar issues, find them below!

Dahbomb

There will be more quality of life changes, new cube recipes, new Legendaries and new gems to keep things interesting. I am fine with that. Just announce the expansion already.

ZenaxPure

For people curious about the shadow set:

2pc While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 1000%.
4pc Shadow Power gains all runes and lasts forever.
6pc Impale deals 30000% weapon damage to the first enemy it hits.
The idea is that the set is extremely strong on single-target damage, but weak on AoE. To help with that, a new dagger will have the power "Every second, the damage of your next Fan of Knives is increased by 250-300%." To help with movement, a pair of bracers has the power "After using Impale, Vault costs no resource for 2 seconds." That item will allow you to Vault into position to Impale the high-value targets.
Additionally, we're also allowing Demon Hunters to use melee weapons with quivers because the fantasy of this quick-moving assassin build is about speed, not walking around with a shield ;)

Sober

Hopefully they kill Akkhan so it isn't practically required from what I can tell.

Also make Crusader actually fun to play. 1 distance closer (and a half if you use shield bash) for a melee class? Compared to monk/barb, crusader is slow and fat.

Xeteh

Just got my seasonal demon hunter to 70.
Wheeeeee!

Grats!

Hopefully they kill Akkhan so it isn't practically required from what I can tell.

Also make Crusader actually fun to play. 1 distance closer (and a half if you use shield bash) for a melee class? Compared to monk/barb, crusader is slow and fat.

For sure. Crusader would be my favorite class every patch if they could make it more exciting to play. Its just so plodding.

kmfdmpig

Grats!

For sure. Crusader would be my favorite class every patch if they could make it more exciting to play. Its just so plodding.

Plodding is a perfect word for it. I haven't played a Crusader in a while and it's boring and slow. I am embarrassed at how slowly I do damage when in a group.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got the season pet, what about the transmog?

Saprol

took forever to see some set items out of kadala. now got a whole 200 strength from akkhan's. so much struggling in torment 1

Baliis

Required? Huh? Set died a long time ago. Or did you mean Akarat's Champion?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are these patches usually only between seasons? Like will 2.4 only come out in 4 months or so when the new season rolls over?

For people curious about the shadow set:

I can't believe +1,000% dmg bonus is a 2pc and 30,000% dmg is a thing in consideration now. Mostly shocked at the 30,000% dmg thing because LOL, i imagine you'll stack it with AoE dmg and goto town on elites while monks do full screen clears of regular enemies with exploding palm/sss.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
So question about area damage, prior to 2.3 live I heard how essential it is now (late game) but since have heard its bugged and not worth it.

Is that only for HoTa and f+r or in general area damage is just not a viable stat?

Any help would be appreciated.

So question about area damage, prior to 2.3 live I heard how essential it is now (late game) but since have heard its bugged and not worth it.

Is that only for HoTa and f+r or in general area damage is just not a viable stat?

Area damage apparently was recently made good so yeah if you have a build that is limited in aoe, it'll help a lot. Quin is stacking it for SSS monk. I honestly can never tell when Area Damage procs and how much dmg it does but you've got high rank ppl like Quin stacking it so it must be good.

ZenaxPure

Crusader skill set has always bothered me. Very few good utility skills and pretty much none of them synergize with their main skills. Only build I really ever loved from them was the old Firestarter build since it had some really cool mechanics but blizzard decided nofunallowed.jpg.

Lanrutcon

They should do a stat squish, or change how numbers are displayed. We're all doing billions of damage per hit now.

Also: seconded the idea to auto pickup THE MOST IMPORTANT MATERIAL IN THE GAME.

Xeteh

Another 20 Fists crafted, still no Fist of Az. Man this has been frustrating.

Edit: Finally got it. Some of the worst rolls possible but whatever. Now I have it. Time to do bounties to reroll it.

Dahbomb

Area damage is much better now after they fixed some issues with it.

At least for Uliana's Monk it's pretty insane because Area damage procs off of AOE attacks too and the AOE attacks of the Palm explosions hit for more area damage. So for that set up with Broken Promise you generally want CDR, Area damage and CHD as your primary offensive stats on the Gloves and Jewelry.

The general idea is that area damage ends up being better than quite a lot of other stats if you are hitting more than 6 enemies in a 10 yard area. So in dense zones area damage gets a lot of value.

The math is a bit more complicated than just that of course but the gist of it is that area damage is actually a good stat now for the most part. There are some bugs that still persist with it and you have to check if your build is suited for area damage or not (some skills might still not work like some Crusader skills).

2pc While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 1000%.
4pc Shadow Power gains all runes and lasts forever.
6pc Impale deals 30000% weapon damage to the first enemy it hits.
The idea is that the set is extremely strong on single-target damage, but weak on AoE. To help with that, a new dagger will have the power "Every second, the damage of your next Fan of Knives is increased by 250-300%." To help with movement, a pair of bracers has the power "After using Impale, Vault costs no resource for 2 seconds." That item will allow you to Vault into position to Impale the high-value targets.
Additionally, we're also allowing Demon Hunters to use melee weapons with quivers because the fantasy of this quick-moving assassin build is about speed, not walking around with a shield ;)
That's 30000%... welcome to EARTH SON!

Also how are they going to use this on the console version? I thought DHs couldn't use Melee weapons on the console version.

They should probably flip the 2nd and 4th set bonuses as well.

This is probably a set where area damage would make a lot of sense. Getting that Impale to AOE cleave is critical to get any value out of that set. Then again just having that 1000% damage bonus is enough... there's no way that stays as is.

Rhaknar

That moment you realise that once again in a videogame you will never be competitive because you like a bad spec...

I'm pretty ok with that, as usual :p

The aoe on area damage is very small, and it's a static 20% chance to apply, so that set would have insane trouble clearing stuff solo I think where most of the damage needed is to clear trash, not on the rift boss(especially after the recent changes) with Impale and Area Damage alone.

That said, there is a 1000% damage increase with a melee weapon, and there's a lot of fairly decent aoe skills that'd benefit from that, the obvious Chakram Shuriken Cloud for constant damage around you, Fan of Knives with the various legendaries for large bursts or potentially your sustained aoe(with the rune that removes cd but adds hatred cost), but I think more interestingly, Sticky Bombs can be used with a melee weapon I believe, and they just added very forgettable legendaries for them, but with a 1000% increase, you can probably make a trapper kind of build, with impale for single target. Shadow Power provides decent mitigation/healing and you can slot Fan of Knives/Sticky Bombs passive that makes stuff do reduced damage, so I think it might be pretty fun to play.

I will definitely play a DH with that at least, I've always been hoping they'd make Impale and Sticky Bombs viable and that seems to be the set for it.

But first, I need to finish this season journey.

Rhaknar

Is it weird the main reason I want my 6p is so I can do T6 so I can boost people? :/

WTB Fist of Az/God.

I think right now my top of the list changes for D3 would be:

1) Buff other sets (which is what they are doing for next patch).

2) Make Paragon farming less rewarding past 800 so that you don't have to be a no lifer to compete on the Leaderboards (by that I mean playing the game 15 hours a day for 4 months to get 1400 Paragons to beat everyone else in stats).

3) Let us pick up craft mats and Deaths Breath automatically. D3 has made a lot of quality improvements and they continue to do so but this season especially this stuck out like a sore thumb. Having to wait around for Deaths Breath pick ups is no fun.

4) Stat shrink. The numbers are absolutely ridiculous right now. Feels like I am playing some DBZ game where my power level can't be calculated by a scouter. Something has to be done.

5) Do something about the whole difference in set and legendary power level. I don't expect this to be changed in the expansion. For now please don't make 10 PC sets for classes, it really limits build diversity.

Overall quite pleased with the game, Kanai's Cube has been excellent thus far. Can't wait for the next patch.
6) For fucks sake give pickup radius with plevels instead of gold find. 0.5 per point, 25 max

Dahbomb

Looks like Wyatt Cheng said that he has something in store for people who don't like 6 PC builds as much. I wonder what he means by that.

Currently the only top non 6 pc bonus build that I know of (as in able to push into late 60s) is the Monk generator build. So I wonder how he plans to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom