• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
What about the skills and abilities that increase your Dodge chance?

Seems like they have to do a full remake on the skills, items and stats just to fix Dodge that way.

For example: turn anything that gives dodge chance into a %armour boost, and anything that triggers from dodges into a chance to trigger when hit (with an internal cooldown). Not too bad.

What about the skills and abilities that increase your Dodge chance?

Seems like they have to do a full remake on the skills, items and stats just to fix Dodge that way.

Why? Changing the mechanic to be a mitigation type mechanic instead of a hit and miss mechanic wouldn't require any skill changes.

45 minutes till my flight home then hopefully a big night of D3.

I will continue with the idea of getting my Monk some better gear. Only other 70s I have are Crusader but he kinda bores me and a Wizard who from what I can tell is the easiest to get to higher torments with but the person I play with the most plays Wizard so don't really want both of us using one.

RDreamer

I guess I can't complain about the game's RNG too much now... Within the last 3 days I got a 2nd Mara's set, then RRoG when I thought you only needed a 3 bonus to get the companions, then the 3rd Mara's set... then literally a few minutes later I got the garuwolf cloak!

Unfortunately pretty much all of it rolled weirdly so my toughness took a pretty big hit, and none of them seem to be re-rolling to what I want, but still! I've got an army of darkness going here! All them critters plus my haunt of vaxo shadows are really awesome.

Dahbomb

Why? Changing the mechanic to be a mitigation type mechanic instead of a hit and miss mechanic wouldn't require any skill changes.
There are skills that give you additional Dodge chance. They would have to be reworked so that they give some other form of mitigation.

Hell the entire Mantra of Evasion skill would have to be reworked and renamed. How would Backlash proc?? Just a flat % of chance? What would it be called... Mantra of Mitigation?

IMO if they want to make Dodge better they should allow you to dodge EVERYTHING.

zon

Damn the EU clan is completely dead, there's like 10 people left who have any paragon levels. What an awful surprise after not playing for 2 days. :(

eek5

There are skills that give you additional Dodge chance. They would have to be reworked so that they give some other form of mitigation.

Hell the entire Mantra of Evasion skill would have to be reworked and renamed. How would Backlash proc?? Just a flat % of chance? What would it be called... Mantra of Mitigation?

IMO if they want to make Dodge better they should allow you to dodge EVERYTHING.

Dodge used to work on a lot of ground effects IIRC. Also backlash would proc off ground stuff (recently changed). I believe they "broke" dodge somewhere around 1.02/1.03. I remember doing fine then starting to get WRECKED in a2 from those fire pools.

Dahbomb

Yeah I remember that too. Used to work on Plague pools too. Would really help out on the toughness.

Right now if you stand in any ground effect or Arcane laser you are taking max damage with no mitigation from your main stat. The only mitigation you get is from gear. At least DH can avoid stuff like, Monks have to stand in pools or Ghom clouds.

Dodge was nerfed to hell, the moment people start to use backlash builds in monk.

Blizzard style, let's going to fix OP build destroying 2000 other things... who cares?

IceMarker

Thanks for the invite ice ��

You're welcome! I invited a ton of people from <GAF> clan, what is your name on Battle.net again (just so I can add your clan note)?

Damn the EU clan is completely dead, there's like 10 people left who have any paragon levels. What an awful surprise after not playing for 2 days. :(

Meanwhile, NA-GAF has an average 20 on even at non-peak hours, as well as a few regulars on Mumble. I think max online players I've seen since we've #UNITED was 68.

Speaking of which we only have 13 spots left until we hit the 150 cap.

J. Bravo

You're welcome! I invited a ton of people from <GAF> clan, what is your name on Battle.net again (just so I can add your clan note)?

Meanwhile, NA-GAF has an average 20 on even at non-peak hours, as well as a few regulars on Mumble. I think max online players I've seen since we've #UNITED was 68.

Balddemon#1627

Can I get an invite as well. RandomGuy#1940 . Thanks!

desverger

Yesterday while farming for stuff I somehow got a lucky drop for the Golden Scourge plan (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/golden-scourge)

Now, there's a couple of good things about this flail, namely that it has fixed holy damage and +holy affix as well, so I'm planning on crafting a few and hoping for good rolls.

My question though is that even with the secondary affix "Smite now jumps to 3 enemies", would Smite be worth using in a holy build as a primary attack? I've been using Slash - Zeal for a while now and really liking it, but I have no experience with Smite.

Belgorim

I just recently started playing again on EU. Is the EU clan/community completely dead?

I'm also playing hardcore, have a 70 Barbarian going very slowly in T1 atm. Anyone else playing hardcore on EU?

Sigmaah

Got my RRoG and it rolled amazing. Gotta reroll for that trifecta.

Never again will I farm for that stupid ass ring. NEVER AGAIN.

Barb with all my raekor stuff is at 13 mill toughness buffed and 800K+ damage buffed.

I'm hype.

Radec

Last night was pretty good, averaging like 1-2 legs per rift on my 2 hour run.

Went to almost 800k unbuffed damage without glass canon. feels good given how awful my luck is.

Azulsky

They could just start with dodge by giving us chance to dodge ground effects again, because something like Rime Rift Guardian(A3 Keywarden clone) is some kind of sick joke in T4.

My concern with them changing Monks massively now is all the good items I have Salvaged because they didnt roll the resist I wanted

Case in Point, I made 20 Asheara's Finders(Boots) yesterday trying to get DEX, VIT, ARM, +% LTK, + Lightning RES to no avail

Grampasso

Not to mention the people jumping in and out of your game while you're doing a Rift, not telling you anything, and actually joining only when you're about at 100% to be there to kill the rift guardian. Is there any way to avoid that behavior?

IceMarker

It's easier for me to invite people to the clan if you guys add me instead, my Battletag is IceMarker#1172.

Not to mention the people jumping in and out of your game while you're doing a Rift, not telling you anything, and actually joining only when you're about at 100% to be there to kill the rift guardian. Is there any way to avoid that behavior?

Turn off Quick Join under Options -> Social.

lilltias

Should i stick with IAS or reroll that sucker to something else? Maybe plus %dmg once they fix the bug?

BgKM5mp.jpg

XShagrath

It's turning up Milhouse over here!

Kadala dropped a Magefist and Cindercoat back to back this morning! Fire build's shaping up, and I should be able to solo T6 pretty soon.

MrDaravon

That daibo isn't bad but I'd probably take one with 5+ spirit regen on it instead. That way you won't need epiph to infinite TR although you could use northern breeze to get the cost to 8 (20% savings) and increase dmg which might be OK.

The other runes aren't very good.

The helm I wouldn't use for TR. You don't stand around much and with Guardian's Path you won't need that.

As far as farming goes I'd use firestorm sweeping wind to kill trash while you TR then use epiph in between to regen spirit if you run low. Your clones should one shot everything with a 2H so just use firestorm in between. Eventually when you get your CDR high enough you can drop firestorm completely and do a near-infinite epiphany shadow clone thing.

So I take it I should be stacking CDR everywhere I possibly can on affix rolls and helm socket? I'll give this a go; in storage I also have the bracers that give you movement speed when you break an object (thanks fender!) and the only set item I've found on my monk was actually a pretty solid rolled monkey gloves, so if I can find another piece of that the 2-set bonus with daibo damage is solid.

First morning pre-work session that didn't yield any leg drops. I cashed out at Kadala and this dropped, so I guess all was not lost. Didn't have a chance to test it but based on the diablo3.com comments, it seems to have a good proc.

NvizXAcl.png

Tarazet

Yeah I messed around w/ my lightning monk for a bit running duo just to see how a DPS monk worked in a group and I just couldn't keep up with GI-reset spirit walk because I didn't have room on my bar for dashing strike. So yeah I could buff/debuff but I couldn't get to the fight in time to do that or lay down my mediocre DPS. It was definitely the slowest time of the night (and the least fun)

Monks are only good for utility. Unity and Mantra of Retribution; Transgression elevate a well-geared Wizard or DH to ludicrous heights, and Cyclone Strike is great for keeping enemies herded together. But don't try to bring one to a T5-T6 run and expect to be the star.

Celegus

I'm a little fuzzy on what transfers to pets. As a pet-focused WD, would increasing my critical chance/damage or attack speed have an effect on pet damage or their own critical/attack speed? Or should I just focus on getting as much intelligence as possible?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I like the latest blue posts. They are really engaging with the community.

"Takes notes"

I was mildly amused by how people have been copy-pasting one of Grimiku's responses - it works as a comment for almost any thread.

"This is an interesting thread with a lot of well constructed arguments, and it's definitely a subject I think about often. Obviously, the answer to this question is highly subjective, and I don't believe there is a single right answer. I like reading everyone's opinion on the matter, though, and I hope this discussion goes on."

Boogdud

I'm struggling with what character I want to concentrate on. I have 4 70s and my wiz is like 68 or so. The 70s being Crus, WD, Barb and DH. The ones I play most are my WD and Crusader, they are the best geared as well. The Barb and DH are basically just fresh 70s with a couple legs.

I think the problem is that the chars that are decently geared are all forced to play really boring specs (for me). Crus is a BS build (minus gry) and the wd is a pet build (obviously). Both builds are just boring as all hell. BS is spamming shield and then watching paint dry for single targets, and the WD is basically generate pets with firebats and let all the pets play the game for you while gathering them up in pirahnados.

The DH (and if I'm honest even the lower level wiz) feel much more engaging to me. With the other guys I don't feel like I'm really doing anything, everything is auto-aimed or AI controlled, the only times things get exciting is when I get walled in and have to pot.

At the same time I really don't want to start grinding out new gear on the DH or the wiz. I suppose I could move some stuff to the wizard from the wd.

This is Diablo 3! Nothing is guaranteed!

Not only is it not guaranteed, it's not even likely!

IceMarker

I was mildly amused by how people have been copy-pasting one of Grimiku's responses - it works as a comment for almost any thread.

"This is an interesting thread with a lot of well constructed arguments, and it's definitely a subject I think about often. Obviously, the answer to this question is highly subjective, and I don't believe there is a single right answer. I like reading everyone's opinion on the matter, though, and I hope this discussion goes on."

It hurt to read that because it's so true.

ferr

Yeah I saw that blue post and wondered if they just got asked to add a generic response for the sake of a new blue post appearing on the forum..

desverger

I'm struggling with what character I want to concentrate on. I have 4 70s and my wiz is like 68 or so. The 70s being Crus, WD, Barb and DH. The ones I play most are my WD and Crusader, they are the best geared as well. The Barb and DH are basically just fresh 70s with a couple legs.

I think the problem is that the chars that are decently geared are all forced to play really boring specs (for me). Crus is a BS build (minus gry) and the wd is a pet build (obviously). Both builds are just boring as all hell. BS is spamming shield and then watching paint dry for single targets, and the WD is basically generate pets with firebats and let all the pets play the game for you while gathering them up in pirahnados.

Well, to be fair, BS builds don't really work without Gyrfalcon because having Gyrfalcon means you don't have to run around with a wrath generator anymore.

I recently got a Jengaboard myself too and found the build boring as well - it's impressive to look at but killing a single target takes ages, so I went back to my Divine Well build, which makes the Crusader more fun in my opinion.

If you'd like a budget pet build for the DH, you could always go +phys and get a Cloak of the Garwulf from Kadala. Since rockets benefit from +phys as well, it makes sense to have them in a build as well, this is something I'm using myself: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#adPlSO!fSYh!cbZacY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom