• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Doesn't change my complaint. It's still bugged as fuck then.

Yup, didn't say it wasn't. Just letting you know of a workaround in the mean time. It's been in the bug forum for a while, so hopefully it'll be fixed in this patch.

No, you're looking at it all wrong. If the bug benefits the player it is patched instantly. If it is a bug that is a detriment to the player it is patched soon™.

It sounds cynical and antagonistic but it is in fact, how they do things.

Sure, and there's a good business reason for that. They only have a certain lifespan of content to work with. There's a certain reward interval (time between good stuff happening) that people will tolerate, and once it gets past that point people quit. If they get a bunch of big upgrades in a row and reach that point too quickly, people get bored with the dry spell afterward. They bail and there's no one left to buy the next expansion/game when it's announced. That's why Blizzard's so hesitant to increase drop rates.

People not being able to advance using certain methods is a lower priority because they have other options. Tired of playing support monk? People can try DH or WD. For the bracer bug, it's not the only bracer available, and people can use 2H if they really want to use it. With a handful of devs and thousands of issues to deal with, those ones are lower priority because they don't create a crisis of people overconsuming that carefully rationed content.

I disapprove of the ladder seasons approach because it's a "get out of endgame free" card for them. Why hire resources to add deeper itemization when you can just get people to start over and buy yourself a few months? I'm worried they'll fall back on that a bit too much and it'll hurt the pace of development.

I don't think that's even possible, though it certainly would give me an inventive to play one of my other classes if I had some cool set pieces to start with. But as far as I know, only Wizards will find Wizard sets, etc. Same with all the other class specific super items like a Starmetal Kukri, only a WD will find it.

There's a 15% chance of smart loot not applying and getting open-ended drops instead. This is actually the only way people can get Istvan's paired blades (the dual wield set) since they aren't on the smart loot list for any class. They seem a bit too rare for me considering they only give a max 30% attack speed buff and they're replacing two other legendary weapon procs.

Grinch

Banned
Ah ok, sounds like it's not worth bothering with at least with what I'm using right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, it's only 10% for rares and 1% for legendaries. So if you have 100% MF you get 10% MF for rares and 1% for legs. At least that was the general consensus a while back and AFAIK nobody has confirmed it.

RDreamer

Sure, and there's a good business reason for that. They only have a certain lifespan of content to work with. There's a certain reward interval (time between good stuff happening) that people will tolerate, and once it gets past that point people quit. If they get a bunch of big upgrades in a row and reach that point too quickly, people get bored with the dry spell afterward. They bail and there's no one left to buy the next expansion/game when it's announced. That's why Blizzard's so hesitant to increase drop rates.

People not being able to advance using certain methods is a lower priority because they have other options. Tired of playing support monk? People can try DH or WD. For the bracer bug, it's not the only bracer available, and people can use 2H if they really want to use it. With a handful of devs and thousands of issues to deal with, those ones are lower priority because they don't create a crisis of people overconsuming that carefully rationed content.

Yeah, but don't people get bored of dry spells when all the options they have for advancing turn out to be bugged? I mean seriously, the ONE upgrade my monk had in the last like 3 weeks was that item. It's not even much of an upgrade, but do you know how much of a let down it is when it just flatly doesn't work at all? Why should I keep playing if that's what I get?

The Cowboy

1st game in 4 days (was away for the weekend) and this dropped.
ABu2QHd.png
I'm really considering a bubble stun locking build with this, you can have a crazy amount of bubbles up at 1 time using this and either Teleport/fFacture or Mirror image.

Edit.
Forgot, i also have a Haunt of Vaxo amulet which summons clones when stunning, interesting - very interesting. I could have TP/Frac or MI clones helping with bubbles and 2c clones for 15 seconds every 30 seconds dealing 100% damage whilst i stun lock everything in sight.

Also, does this work with the Archon teleport? - I'm one piece away from a full Tal Rasha set.

Discobird

I wouldn't move to Zoo build w/o T&T, since you already have everything but a prides helm. CA/Fire Build is still better for group play. I just use zoo build to solo T4 and up. If I'm in a party I usually go back to CA build.

It depends on his specific gear of course, but in my case I solo clear T3+ faster with the zoo build than my fire build even though I don't have a T&T. Although I have a physical SOJ whereas I don't have a fire SOJ yet.

barrok

Neo Member
Actually, it's only 10% for rares and 1% for legendaries. So if you have 100% MF you get 10% MF for rares and 1% for legs. At least that was the general consensus a while back and AFAIK nobody has confirmed it.

It's 10% for legendaries, I need to find the blue post but that is what a blue post said.

"Magic find was too powerful and became a requirement to find any loot in Diablo 3, which is why it was heavily nerfed: 100% magic find will increase the chance to find blue items by 100%, but only increase the chance for finding rare (yellow) items by 30% and for legendary/set items it is only 10%"

From a faq on a diablo fans website.

RDreamer

It depends on his specific gear of course, but in my case I solo clear T3+ faster with the zoo build than my fire build even though I don't have a T&T. Although I have a physical SOJ whereas I don't have a fire SOJ yet.

I feel like whether I find a physical SOJ or a fire SOJ or something like that is going to determine a lot more of what I do on my DH than me pondering it ever will.

People are really thirsty for that patch.

Lots of good things to look forward to.

I think %dmg would make a bigger difference for my DH than any single item (barring a Calamity). I'm sitting on 2 ~2500 dps bows with 9% dmg each. I may even attempt torment 4 if the shard increase is worthwhile.

Ultratech

Playing a Level 41 DH with Marquise Gems is ludicrous.

I really like the appearance and most of the stats on the leg, but dat ruby gem...can I enchant a socket on the leg or can/should I stick with the rare? Here's what my char looks like with a few more gems.

Wait until you get a Lv70 weapon with a Level Requirement reduced by 25-30.

Ludicrous takes on a whole new meaning. :D

Sanctuary

Does anyone know the exact distance a person has to be away from a Rift Guardian or other named elite to not get a drop from it? I know I've had it happen to me where I've been an entire screen length away and not get anything, but if someone is at least a third of a screen away and their character is visible on the minimap, isn't that close enough?

Thanks to those who gave a bit of advice on Monk in the clan chat last night. Looking forward to moving into T1 tonight and focusing on getting a new helm.

Cyclone+LTK is a pretty awesome combo. After some tweaks to a few pieces of gear and finally getting a CHD roll on my RoRG(the one I keep complaining about, 42 rolls was the final total) my LTK crits for 6.5m on the low end and 9.5m on the high end now.

Changing out some Royal Diamonds for Emeralds was stupidly expensive. Crafting 2 Royal Emeralds, then removing 2 Royal Diamonds to replace with the Emeralds set me back around 7m.

So how does re-rolling sockets work in terms of gems already in there? I just got two sockets on my cindercoat and I'd like to go for 3, but should I just throw two gems in there now? Or should I wait until I get the full three?

Ultratech

So how does re-rolling sockets work in terms of gems already in there? I just got two sockets on my cindercoat and I'd like to go for 3, but should I just throw two gems in there now? Or should I wait until I get the full three?

From what I read, if you put 2 gems in now, then roll 3 sockets later, you should be good.

HOWEVER, if you reroll to another option (i.e. non-socket) you'd have to pay the reroll cost + the cost of removing the gems.

(If you wanna be safe, I'd just wait, but it's up to you.)

BurningNad

Soooo, I found this on my Barb...

It's now on my Lightning Wizard... What the hell do I reroll it to, and what build should I go for? Is there an Arcane/Lightning build that could work? Ugh I'm a Wizard newbie.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

It's now on my Lightning Wizard... What the hell do I reroll it to, and what build should I go for? Is there an Arcane/Lightning build that could work? Ugh I'm a Wizard newbie.

It's pretty great already. I'd think about rerolling the lightning resist to crowd control reduction.

CRA5H

Finally got my RRoG.. not the best rolls but it'll do

H82Munb.jpg

Also picked up

9hQhL6J.jpg

PRqRCaI.jpg

Eye of the storm will be nice if I ever decide to go Lightning but for now this will do

YcCnGNz.jpg

If that were on my wizard, I'd reroll attack speed to INT. DMG and all res > a little attack speed, in my opinion.

Nah.

I have found Natalaya Ring on my Monk and my friends DH has found a piece of immortal kings and raekors.

I have also seen Moonlight drop on non wizards. You would think its a wiz item being that no other class has the Arcane element.

If they want to keep it BoA they need to up drop rates more on higher torments. 10 Rifts of T3 with nothing but forgotten souls is such a gutting feeling.

I'd still take that over getting all excited when a set piece drops only to be bummed out to see Blackthorne art when I open my inventory.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I'm thinking about starting up a hardcore run with a few friends.

What class is most fun at avoiding death without sacrificing too much punch? I was originally thinking of Witch Doctor but I kinda wanna do wizard too. Opinions?

neoism

guys i cant log in i have an authenticator on two ipods sometimes one works sometimes the other one... is it down or something.... anyone one my friends list am I on right now when was the last time...?????

man dat scared me :/ I just synced it with wifi :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2.0.5 datamined stuff!

http://www.diablofans.com/

Wow they actually listened to my elemental changes for Monk!

Those Crusader changes are orgasmic. No more movement speed penalty is the best change ever, and just buffs all round mostly. Holy Sweep rune FTW, I've wanted to get rid of Hammers for awhile (even though they got buffed as well). Akarat's Champion got totally reworked as well. I can't wait for the patch.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They buffed the shit out of my build, niiiice

Except for judgment - resolved lol

Akarats champion - rally builds just got annihilated tho

Now finery will give me almost 1000 STR vs 350 i get now, wowza

Baliis

Major damage buffs to every skill I use, plus rune changes to fire just like I wanted. Exactly what I was hoping for from the patch for my crusader. No major wiz changes for me which is nice I guess.

Dahbomb

They re-buffed Fires of Heaven? Ok.

I wish the Monks got the same type of treatment as the Crusader in those changes. The Monks changes are just elemental changes and WoL buffs.... nothing that special but are still welcome. They are still the weakest class with the weakest sets.

Baliis

Also, the fire starter rune for Akarats is better than the wizard 6 piece set. Go go wizard sets.

How did I not see the fire archon, holy shit that's gonna be silly. Throw on my firebirds eye while archoned, I'll have like 150% fire damage and 50% elite damage. I wonder how it works with vyrs though, go the element of whatever rune you pick?

Wow, some of those datamined things sound amazing o_O

Hopefully most of them make it

[Datamined] Patch 2.0.5. Class Changes and Strings
UPDATE: Videos of visually changed spells will be posted tomorrow after the servers come up!

The new Community Events include, but are not limited to:

More Legendaries
More Goblins
More Blood Shards
More Keystones
More Gold Find

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
God, I want to play my Crusader NOW, so fucking buffed.

The community events sound awesome as well, double blood shards, goblins spawn in pairs, double fragments, Kadala having a sale etc. Easily the best patch notes in awhile.

DopeyFish

Im just going to swap out judgment for provoke charged up

Basically no shift in my play style but with the damage increases i end up on the winning side methinks

Also with the change to finery, i'll be able to max out my movement speed paragon and still come out ahead

Just wish there was a lightning rune for punish

Totakeke

Oh my. My crusader will be so OP.

Also changing holy cause passive to affect all elements? Good thing I never enchanted my BoP yet.

Edit: Wait, they're changing Akarat's Champion. Noooo.

Totakeke

Oh man, so many interesting stuff for better or worse.

BoP builds just got nerfed a ton due to the Rally change.

Shattering Throw nerfed?! Man, a lot of unhappy crusaders incoming.

ferr

Sweet, notes and junk.

Was hoping to see more DH elemental changes than just DA->cold..

Cool that they changed Awareness to +armor, seen someone predict that elsewhere. Maybe some PF users will hate it.

Firemind

Oh man, so many interesting stuff for better or worse.

BoP builds just got nerfed a ton due to the Rally change.

Shattering Throw nerfed?! Man, a lot of unhappy crusaders incoming.

Where does it say it's nerfed? Sounds like a buff to me.

Crusader's passives have been completely reworked thank god. They actually do something now! :lol

Totakeke

Good on the Falling Sword buffs, interested to see how that works now. FotH Fissure got nerfed too. Crusaders being too good eh?

At the moment, Fires of Heaven builds will reign supreme. Now I'm kinda glad most people never hyped that build. All the popular builds are getting nerfed. :p

Where does it say it's nerfed? Sounds like a buff to me.

Crusader's passives have been completely reworked thank god. They actually do something now! :lol

Skill Rune - Shattering Throw
Increased damage from 50% to 333% weapon damage
Known Issue: The tooltip for this skill rune does not reflect this change

2.0.4 patch notes. It's a nerf.

Dahbomb

The Fires of Heaven buff is so strange when they nerfed it before.

Also huge nerf to Judgement.

Monks can now use a Fire based Wave of Light build. Except it would still be inferior to the LTK Fire build because of GNK.

DopeyFish

i think there will be far more QQs over AC-Rally because of the lust over the set

Im glad i stayed farrrrr away from that build

Gonna be fun to mess with the passives... a lot of good passives for saders now

Firemind

Good on the Falling Sword buffs, interested to see how that works now. FotH Fissure got nerfed too. Crusaders being too good eh?

At the moment, Fires of Heaven builds will reign supreme. Now I'm kinda glad most people never hyped that build. All the popular builds are getting nerfed. :p

2.0.4 patch notes. It's a nerf.

So after the patch it'll deal half as much as before? Do I understand this correctly?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Even with the rally rework Crusader got buffed big, and will be so much more enjoyable to play without the MSP. New builds will emerge and I for one am excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom