• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

It was literally a simple, quick question of "oh hey, is this legendary known to be worthwhile for a Witch Doctor?" that I posted before going to bed. I didn't sit and stew intensely over providing all relevant information as well as ensuring that my question was up to the standards and regulations of the official Diablo 3 thread of critical analysis. I expected someone to go, "naa, its pretty shitty" or "oh man! Its actually great if you use X passive or get Y other legendary!"

Didn't expect such an event out of asking if a damn item is good or not...

For the record, here is my WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/robotzombie-1891/hero/37336276

I know I'm currently inefficient and need better equips, and could definitely adjust my skills and had asked previously and gotten some good advice. But at the moment all I wanted to know was if a certain legendary was known to be good or not and I got someone calling my question ridiculous and people telling me to start putting together spreadsheets to calculate stuff..

Putting your question aside for a moment, because I don't have one, I would suggest trying to see if there's anything you could drop to fit in Grave Injustice. Maybe switch to Wrathful Protector Gargantuan (which should go with the Fire theme) and drop Midnight Feast for GI? You'll lose the +50%, but WP Garg should still vastly outperform Big Stinker, and Grave Injustice should allow you to have him up ~80%+ of the time.

I don't think selling\salvaging the items is an issue :p

By selling, I mean for real money. Botters would run rampant, collecting all their rare items and selling them via their websites and whatnot. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind having these botters add them as a friend and waiting a few days in order to buy that Calamity they've been dying to get.

I think that's why a trading window that matches the amount of time you need to be friends with someone to trade works. That way you can't get an item and then add someone to sell to them. They'd already have to be there. Though I suppose people could set up "botting clans" and sell invites. There will always be ways to exploit any kind of trading system for money... sadly.

Maybe if you were only able to name 3 other players that permanently part of your trade group. That would limit the gain of people botting for personal gain and eliminate any sort of broader real money selling of gear. The players would have to be named before the drop. Basically it expands your BOA from one user, you, to four users for everything. Maybe throw in a time out on drops for good measure. A week seems like a decent amount of time. 2 hours is just pointless.

I just want SOME way of trading some of the items I find to clan members.

I found a shard of hate last night. Decent roll with a socket. I'm sure someone could get use out of that...

All the mirrorballs I've collected. Or Andy's Visage rolling elements I don't need. Amulets with amazing stats assuming you like lightning dmg.

Coming up with a good way to allow trading in clans would be tricky... but they need to do it. I can't always be grouping with the exact same people that need the drops I'm getting... or who are dropping what I need. And sometimes I just like to solo because I want to go at a leisurely pace and not hold back the group.

Why not just make traded items unsellable/salvageable? Again, this is so fucking dumb that people using bots get to dictate the entire play-ability of a game. I think it would be pretty easy to make a trading system that rewards players who play with a group of friends but doesn't open up the flood gates for botter/exploiters. Blizzard just doesn't give a fuck.

The funny thing is that the people on my friendslist who have been botting for the past 2 weeks (no idea why you'd bot in diablo when chasing the loot carrot is literally 100 percent of the game's "appeal") still don't have the items they want either :p

@the last page of if and buts about trading systems, why would it be botters and goldsellers making money off the game be the concern of regular players?
Why even dignify this shit? the game shouldn't be balanced around them.
It's the equivalent of tages style drm fucking regular paying players in a witchhunt for pirates.
Fuck that noise they're making the game for the buyers not the pirates, and they're making the game for the players not the botters.
The only reason the game doesn't have trading anymore is because blizzard are sour that they couldn't get their piece of the botter and goldfarmer pie when they shut down the RMAH

barrok

Neo Member

I found a shard of hate last night. Decent roll with a socket. I'm sure someone could get use out of that...

All the mirrorballs I've collected. Or Andy's Visage rolling elements I don't need. Amulets with amazing stats assuming you like lightning dmg.

Coming up with a good way to allow trading in clans would be tricky... but they need to do it. I can't always be grouping with the exact same people that need the drops I'm getting... or who are dropping what I need. And sometimes I just like to solo because I want to go at a leisurely pace and not hold back the group.

There's not many ways they can do it that would prohibit people from selling items for money.

Basically you would have to keep clans small, and then only allow trading with individuals that were in the clan at the time the item was found. But already its annoying seeing 4 peoples names with a countdown on an item, imagine if they had to list all of the clan members at the time of the drop?

Anyway, I agree, it just seems like trading isn't that high of a priority to them right now.

tn2007

Do I swap out my cindercoat for the garwolf cloak? I'm sill using a magefist and CA. No tasker yet.

Are their variations within this build? I'm assuming you're stacking physical. (I can't see details on my iPhone)
Tasker is probably the most important item after you get enough Marauders pieces. I tried running CA with zoo build, but I found it more efficient to just go physical and use the extra wolves from the Garwood cloak. If I had Marauders spine I would test out prides helm/cindercoat, so I can spam cluster arrows again. My goal is to get more physical+ items since I only have it on a Reapers I made yesterday.

Azulsky

I still feel that non league chars should be allowed to trade.

Presumably league has a separate economy from standard anyway.

The point of playing standard is to have fun and try out builds. No lifing is for Leagues.

Yeah, it's pretty cookie cutter if you go by what's on the forums. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 Plan to keep vit on my inevitable magefist swap so I can get my hp up to something closer to 350k.. my mara boots rolled no hp so that's lame.

I stay away from all forums but this one. Lol

I figured a full pet build with Tasker and Theo would be a physical build?

I'm running something similar to you. If one runs CA as a big dealer of damage in the build, I was wondering if a T&T makes sense.

Tasker is probably the most important item after you get enough Marauders pieces. I tried running CA with zoo build, but I found it more efficient to just go physical and use the extra wolves from the Garwood cloak. If I had Marauders spine I would test out prides helm/cindercoat, so I can spam cluster arrows again. My goal is to get more physical+ items since I only have it on a Reapers I made yesterday.

I have a cindercoat and no prides fall, I have a garwolf and no tasker and theo. Lol

Edit: I found the Mara chest last night too. One more piece and I get the full 6 piece bonus.

Just trying to figure out which way to build.

I have a tone of fire stuff.

I'm running something similar to you. If one runs CA as a big dealer of damage in the build, I was wondering if a T&T makes sense.

Not sure what the stat range is at 70, but ~40% faster attack speed for 7 pets is nothing to sneeze at. And it's dmg you get all the time, even when you can't afford to stop and shoot stuff.

With physical builds, I think most people are still using CA anyways. Just with a physical rune.

This is one of the builds I want to try so badly, but I've been focusing on my wizard. His gear is much worse off right now. Ugh.

ElyrionX

I've said said this before but there is absolutely no way to implement efficient trading without the AH. Limited trading would definitely encourage the return of d2jsp and other trading sites which is not ideal for a lot of people. Personally, I was a huge proponent of the AH but I must concede that I have been having more fun with the current BoA system. I don't think trading needs to come back.

RDreamer

Limiting trading to clans would be cool. Someone had to have been in your clan for at least a week for a trade to work. And maybe have the game timer like there is now.

So basically when a leg drops you'd see the timer with the 3 people you were in the party with and then your clan tag. You can trade it to any of those within that time limit.

To make it easier on the coding end, too, so the item doesn't have to keep track of who's in the clan for a week, just make it so you can't accept any trade from a clan for the first week of being in it.

Boom, trades with clans are a go and it's not too unwieldy. You have to get rid of your item to basically whoever's around in your clan.

ElyrionX

The funny thing is that the people on my friendslist who have been botting for the past 2 weeks (no idea why you'd bot in diablo when chasing the loot carrot is literally 100 percent of the game's "appeal") still don't have the items they want either :p

@the last page of if and buts about trading systems, why would it be botters and goldsellers making money off the game be the concern of regular players?
Why even dignify this shit? the game shouldn't be balanced around them.
It's the equivalent of tages style drm fucking regular paying players in a witchhunt for pirates.
Fuck that noise they're making the game for the buyers not the pirates, and they're making the game for the players not the botters.
The only reason the game doesn't have trading anymore is because blizzard are sour that they couldn't get their piece of the botter and goldfarmer pie when they shut down the RMAH

The game doesn't have trading anymore because in a RNG-based loot game, trading will almost always be more efficient than playing the game itself to get the items you want. This was true even in D2. D3's AH just made it glaringly obvious.

Not sure what the stat range is at 70, but ~40% faster attack speed for 7 pets is nothing to sneeze at. And it's dmg you get all the time, even when you can't afford to stop and shoot stuff.

With physical builds, I think most people are still using CA anyways. Just with a physical rune.

This is one of the builds I want to try so badly, but I've been focusing on my wizard. His gear is much worse off right now. Ugh.

Sounds like I should make the move to physical and use my garwolf until I find another Mara. Sort of need a T&T though before I drop the cindercoat magefist combo.

MrDaravon

I thinks it's just more common no?

You're right, I just double-checked. Assuming that the leaked listing was accurate Wizard is the only class it's flagged as smart loot for, which means that it would have had to have fallen in that 15% non-smart loot chance on top of the low chance of it dropping to begin with. Pretty crazy. Also hilariously it's probably better than the one I already found on my wizard (2% less IAS but max Arcane and higher proc damage %).

Discobird

Physical DH builds typically use CA:Shooting Stars, Chakram:Razor Disk, Fan of Knives:Knives Expert or Multishot:Full Broadside. There are a lot of options for that element actually.

I'm currently using CA:Shooting Stars with Multishot:Suppression Fire in a generator-less zoo build. I would be more likely to use Chakram:Razor Disc if it didn't feel horribly weak in terms of audiovisual feedback.

Playing a Level 41 DH with Marquise Gems is ludicrous.

3Mjg7IL.jpg

I really like the appearance and most of the stats on the leg, but dat ruby gem...can I enchant a socket on the leg or can/should I stick with the rare? Here's what my char looks like with a few more gems.

RDreamer

I think it's really great that blizzard fixes some legendaries like the shard of hate really quickly but will let other broken legendaries just sit. I've got some leg bracers that straight up don't work at all. Supposed to give nephalem glory for blinded enemies. I'm wearing a blind faith on my monk and see like one globe per rift... Maybe.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Well that's interesting - Alex Mayberry moved over to Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen).

https://twitter.com/Alex_Mayberry/status/465884645578375168

Alex Mayberry ‏@Alex_Mayberry
Hailing @robertsspaceind at Cloud Imperium Games, requesting permission to board.

RSI‏ @RobertsSpaceInd
@Alex_Mayberry Permission granted. Welcome aboard, Citizen!

Funny coincidence: there's a Travis Day over there as well, but it isn't the same person.

I think it's really great that blizzard fixes some legendaries like the shard of hate really quickly but will let other broken legendaries just sit. I've got some leg bracers that straight up don't work at all. Supposed to give nephalem glory for blinded enemies. I'm wearing a blind faith on my monk and see like one globe per rift... Maybe.

Try using it with a 2H or 1H+shield. I saw a bug report where people narrowed it down to only being a problem while dual wielding. I'm guessing it was probably designed for crusader and wasn't tested while dual wielding as a result.

RDreamer

I've been running kind of a pet build slash fire cluster arrows with my DH since I just got maras and a garuwolf. I'm fucking kicking myself for converting the dex taskers I found a long time ago for my WD. I might run some phys damage tests to see how much that might help me, too. I've got an alright phys ammy and bracers. They're not as good as my fire haunt of vaxo and reapers wraps but maybe they'll be better. I can convert my vaxo, if it looks like that's how I'll go.

So ghom is a good test?

Try using it with a 2H or 1H+shield. I saw a bug report where people narrowed it down to only being a problem while dual wielding. I'm guessing it was probably designed for crusader and wasn't tested while dual wielding as a result.

Doesn't change my complaint. It's still bugged as fuck then.

Boogdud

No, you're looking at it all wrong. If the bug benefits the player it is patched instantly. If it is a bug that is a detriment to the player it is patched soon™.

It sounds cynical and antagonistic but it is in fact, how they do things.

barrok

Neo Member
So upon thinking about where to stack physical damage ... Is it basically bracers and ammy and maybe an SOJ?

My crusader has it on helm (andys), ammy (haunt), bracers (strongarms), ring (SOJ). You could potentially get it on your shield with Lilless (i think is the name), but I don't use that.

Not sure what class you are either, so a shield might not matter.

RoKKeR

Quick noob question here: Does a "____% chance increase to find magical items" apply to Legendary drops? How exactly does that stat work?

barrok

Neo Member
Quick noob question here: Does a "____% chance increase to find magical items" apply to Legendary drops? How exactly does that stat work?

Only 10% of the value affects legendary drops. So if you have a nagal ring at 50% chance to increase magical items, I believe that is for blue items, yellow items will be something like 30% (i haven't looked at the numbers recently) and legendarys will be 10%.

Which is why it's almost worthless to use. Get a nagal ring, and cains set and put a topaz in your helm and I think that is 140ish% increase to magic find. Which will be 14% chance to find legendarys.

RoKKeR

Only 10% of the value affects legendary drops. So if you have a nagal ring at 50% chance to increase magical items, I believe that is for blue items, yellow items will be something like 30% (i haven't looked at the numbers recently) and legendarys will be 10%.

Which is why it's almost worthless to use. Get a nagal ring, and cains set and put a topaz in your helm and I think that is 140ish% increase to magic find. Which will be 14% chance to find legendarys.

Ah ok, sounds like it's not worth bothering with at least with what I'm using right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Mumei

Playing a Level 41 DH with Marquise Gems is ludicrous.

3Mjg7IL.jpg

I really like the appearance and most of the stats on the leg, but dat ruby gem...can I enchant a socket on the leg or can/should I stick with the rare? Here's what my char looks like with a few more gems.

You can get a socket on your leg, yes. It's quite fun to twink low level characters with high-level gems.

Then you just effectively stop the reason for playing. If people can just constant getting hand me down loot eventually every one will get what they want or need. I think the present system is fine, it encourage people to keep playing and play together with people you want to trade with.

barrok

Neo Member
Then you just effectively stop the reason for playing. If people can just constant getting hand me down loot eventually every one will get what they want or need. I think the present system is fine, it encourage people to keep playing and play together with people you want to trade with.

The other thing that BOA does (which has probably been mentioned) is it gives you an incentive to create a new character. I know it sucks hardcore when a green item drops for a slot you need, only to find out it's for a different clas.... BUT, if you are to start that class, you now have a leg up! (heh)

Celegus

The other thing that BOA does (which has probably been mentioned) is it gives you an incentive to create a new character. I know it sucks hardcore when a green item drops for a slot you need, only to find out it's for a different clas.... BUT, if you are to start that class, you now have a leg up! (heh)

I don't think that's even possible, though it certainly would give me an inventive to play one of my other classes if I had some cool set pieces to start with. But as far as I know, only Wizards will find Wizard sets, etc. Same with all the other class specific super items like a Starmetal Kukri, only a WD will find it.

barrok

Neo Member
I don't think that's even possible, though it certainly would give me an inventive to play one of my other classes if I had some cool set pieces to start with. But as far as I know, only Wizards will find Wizard sets, etc. Same with all the other class specific super items like a Starmetal Kukri, only a WD will find it.

it's possible, just very unlikely. My WD buddy got a Crusader set piece, which he then promptly created a Crusader. It's very rare (and feels very sucky), but it happens!

tn2007

Sounds like I should make the move to physical and use my garwolf until I find another Mara. Sort of need a T&T though before I drop the cindercoat magefist combo.

I wouldn't move to Zoo build w/o T&T, since you already have everything but a prides helm. CA/Fire Build is still better for group play. I just use zoo build to solo T4 and up. If I'm in a party I usually go back to CA build.

Azulsky

Nah.

I have found Natalaya Ring on my Monk and my friends DH has found a piece of immortal kings and raekors.

I have also seen Moonlight drop on non wizards. You would think its a wiz item being that no other class has the Arcane element.

If they want to keep it BoA they need to up drop rates more on higher torments. 10 Rifts of T3 with nothing but forgotten souls is such a gutting feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom