• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Shame about Shattering Throw. Fate of the Fell seems to be THE item to get now.

Teleport Wormhole was nerfed to hell though. Wonder why?

cdyhybrid

Every class is if you can get the gear.

That's what I was asking though. The gear is only good if you have the abilities to synergize with it. Do these datamined ability changes have any effect on the Barb's current status as having the most flexibility gear/build-wise at higher torments?

Firemind

On the fragments itself yes.
Oh well. It's not like I have a Gyrfalcon's Foote lying around anyway. Gonna stick with my lightning build then. Falling Sword Part the Clouds seems like it'd just nuke everything. Anyone have a Cam's Rebuttal to test it for me? Much obliged.

Buffs to WD? Wasn't expecting that. I feel OP as it was.

Up to 10% on spell hit for sycophants! very nice buff. If vampire bats is on the very low end of the proc efficiency, that's preferable because I'd rather stutterstep with other spells.

Fierce loyalty - +30% movement speed out of combat, this will be great for normal rift key farming.

MrDaravon

~15 hours of playing today fully redeemed by the rift guardian on my very last run.

7uW7vuK.jpg

Discobird

Up to 10% on spell hit for sycophants! very nice buff. If vampire bats is on the very low end of the proc efficiency, that's preferable because I'd rather stutterstep with other spells.

That change and the insertion of "up to" before "10%" makes me think that the proc rate will be based on the proc rate of the underlying spell now... which might be a nerf for some spells against low numbers of targets

ferr

Finally got a damn PF to drop! Not a bad one, but I like my andy's so much. Not sure which to use.

WvmvG6O.png

I guess it would be -6% eDMG with CA from the loss of fire, ignoring the useless IAS. The vit is much-needed as it sent me from 270ish to 350ish. The poison nova is fairly useless since I use steady aim. Will have to test to see if I like the affix enough.

Buffs to WD? Wasn't expecting that. I feel OP as it was.

Fierce loyalty - +30% movement speed out of combat, this will be great for normal rift key farming.

The WD change seems interesting. I not sure what I'll be using if it's not bats. Lol

Those monk changes are .... Kinda underwhelming? I mean I guess WotHF having a lightning rune and fire rune is interesting. I'm curious about pillar of the ancients being lightning based now as well.

tn2007

Finally got a damn PF to drop! Not a bad one, but I like my andy's so much. Not sure which to use.

WvmvG6O.png

I guess it would be -6% eDMG with CA from the loss of fire, ignoring the useless IAS. The vit is much-needed as it sent me from 270ish to 350ish. The poison nova is fairly useless since I use steady aim. Will have to test to see if I like the affix enough.

Use PF over andy. Being able to spam 7+ more CA than before will out weight the eDMG loss.

scy

Oh well. It's not like I have a Gyrfalcon's Foote lying around anyway. Gonna stick with my lightning build then. Falling Sword Part the Clouds seems like it'd just nuke everything. Anyone have a Cam's Rebuttal to test it for me? Much obliged.

I actually forgot I had this until I went through my mules to find my Lightning and Fire gear. What do you want tested in particular?

MrDaravon

The Mr. Yan pants are ridiculous. I threw them on my 2nd DH with a Danetta set, some decent gear and cooldown reduction stuff. I didn't even assign any paragon points yet and the gear isn't ideal and while moving my sheet dps is over 1 mil and I can vault and strafe forever. Ridiculous. I'm actually kinda salty about the cache changes tomorrow (hopefully) only because I could have beasted normal bounties doing this. The DPS buff on them is big enough though where I'm seeing some folks float legit mid to high torment difficulty strafe builds which I'm going to look into, would be rad if I could make that work.

Firemind

I actually forgot I had this until I went through my mules to find my Lightning and Fire gear. What do you want tested in particular?

How much health double Falling Sword depletes on champ elite packs on T1-2 coupled with Resolved (so crit numbers) and about 60-85% lightning damage. And how much the random lightning crits for.

Actually, I can test this myself without Cam's Rebuttal, but I'm playing on hc and I don't want to risk dying while experimenting builds. :p

Totakeke

Just a hunch, but I think crusader builds can't depend on CD skills anymore due to the Rally change. No matter how much damage they do, as long they're on CD and without the current rally, they won't be effective to be primary damage dealers. So even if falling sword is really good after patch, you can't build around it anyway with the long cd.

So that leaves us to look at Shield Bash (awful mechanics), Sweep Attack (lackluster), Blessed Shield (should be still quite good), Fist of the Heavens (aoe damage nerfed, but should be still decent), Fires of Heaven (gonna get nerfed next patch after this :x), and Phalanx runes.

Firemind

Oh yeah, knew I forgot something. Blessed Hammer will be interesting with 1h passives.

I believe Schaeffer's Hammer is BiS now for hammer builds. Removing the movement penalty is the greatest buff that could happen to Crusaders.

Edit: unless there's an IAS build that can spam hammers forever I'm not aware of. There is the passive that lets you gain wrath for every blocked attack I suppose.

Totakeke

I believe Schaeffer's Hammer is BiS now for hammer builds. Removing the movement penalty is the greatest buff that could happen to Crusaders.

Nah, I've played with that before, you don't want hammers with slow attack speed. It's awful mechanically, takes too long to kill trash. Also Schaeffer's is much better with FotH Fissure.

Edit: Wrath isn't an issue with Akkhan set and Reaper's. :x They really buffed the wrath regen on Akarat's Champion and now it's much easier to gear without wrath regen on your weapon and shield.

Oh damn, I just noticed "Embodiment of Power : Increases the bonus Wrath regeneration from Akarat's Champion to 10.". Which means the no-rune AC may have less wrath regen than 10, that would suck. :/

scy

Edit: unless there's an IAS build that can spam hammers forever I'm not aware of. There is the passive that lets you gain wrath for every blocked attack I suppose.

Probably not. The ideal for Blessed Hammer would be to get as many Hammers out in the shortest amount of time. Not a lot of good uses for Schaefer's as far as I can see, really. Most the skills you'd want to use with Lightning (Fist of the Heavens, Blessed Hammer) would realistically want more uses on the field in a given amount of time rather than fewer harder hitting ones.

Heaven's Tempest benefits more from slow weapons, though.

scy

Shard of Hate, duh.

Uh, actually, probably Shard of Hate or Odyn's Son for Lightning or either of the Blessed Hammer weapons.

Totakeke

So what's the best 1H weapon to spam hammers with? Wizardspike?

Justinan's Mercy
Jace’s Hammer of Vigilance
Shard of Hate
Thunderfury

One of those. I'd probably go with Jace's Hammer or Justinian's. Never used the latter though. Proc rate for Blessed Hammer isn't really good enough for SoH and proc based weapons iirc.

Also I think the build to look out for post-patch are Fire Starter builds. I'm thinking, Cincercoat + 5pc Akkhan + RoRG, but you could also go Fire Walkers + Provoke: Charged Up + 5pc + RoRG. If it's 100% on proc coefficient, Blessed Shield: Combust should be the best spender to proc it.

Radec

Archon
Slow Time : Archon form can cast a Slow Time that follows you. / Archon abilities deal Cold damage instead of Arcane. (Damage element now specified)

Pure Power : Decrease the cooldown of Archon to 100 seconds. / Archon abilities deal Lightning damage instead of Arcane. (Damage element now specified)

Combustion : An explosion erupts around you when you transform, dealing 3680% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 15 yards. / Archon abilities deal Fire damage instead of Arcane. (Renamed from Arcane Destruction, damage element now specified)

So what if you have Vyr's complete set? Every archon attack now deals Cold, Arcane, and Fire on every attack you do.

Then combine it with Elemental Exposure, it will be +15% damage taken.

:O

ElyrionX

So what if you have Vyr's complete set? Every archon attack now deals Cold, Arcane, and Fire on every attack you do.

Then combine it with Elemental Exposure, it will be +15% damage taken.

:O

This is what I'm hoping for. What we will probably get is just the element of the rune selected.

Also, WDs shouldn't be too happy for now. With these buffs they are getting, I would not be at all surprised if Jade Harvester gets nerfed.

eek5

2.0.5 datamined stuff!

http://www.diablofans.com/

Wow they actually listened to my elemental changes for Monk!

I'm pretty happy about this! Finally I can switch to WotHF: Blazing Fists for my generatorless fire buil.... wait a second.

Cold FoT might be the best generator for zero dps monk though. Should be interesting to test. Az fist in one hand, Sledge in the other + blind faith helm would be pretty cool. Cyclone everything in, EP, then FoT to blind, freeze, and stun everything until your homies bail you out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/47751293

Minds eye probably a bit better though. I can pretty much sustain EP on every target I cyclone in while it's up. Might switch out BoH for epiph w/ a defensive rune so I can last even longer. My zDPS monk up to 712k hp / 27m toughness LOL. Should be able to get even higher once I can craft a phys/armor pants.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
2.0.5 datamined stuff!

http://www.diablofans.com/

Wow they actually listened to my elemental changes for Monk!

Class changes are coming with 2.0.5? I thought that was being held off till 2.1

Glad to hear if true!

Thank you based Blizzard.
Blazing Fists : Critical Hits increase your attack speed and movement speed by 5% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times. / Way of the Hundred Fists's damage turns into Fire. (Damage element now specified)

ElyrionX

The Archon dealing all elemental damage with Vyr would actually make sense if Blizzard wants to bring Wizard class sets up to par with the others.

desverger

Those Crusader changes are nice. I'm glad to have my Eberli Charo, makes that 100% uptime orbital laser deal tons of damage!

Gotta see if Finery or Holy Cause is better damagewise now, or somehow make room for both..

Grinch

Banned
It's 10% for legendaries, I need to find the blue post but that is what a blue post said.

"Magic find was too powerful and became a requirement to find any loot in Diablo 3, which is why it was heavily nerfed: 100% magic find will increase the chance to find blue items by 100%, but only increase the chance for finding rare (yellow) items by 30% and for legendary/set items it is only 10%"

From a faq on a diablo fans website.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Also from datamined patch notes:

Wormhole : After casting Teleport, you have 3 seconds to Teleport 1 additional time. (Previously could teleport 2 additional times within 1 second)

Damn. It was nice to teleport three times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom