• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcl0328

Oh almighty RNGesus, we thank you for the orbs you bestow upon us today.

3WDulqA.png

finally got my Ring of Royal Grandeur. Not a great roll, but my full Jade Harvester set is done.

Could do with getting a better set gloves, ring and quetz, but I'm not gonna complain.

Full set in about 4 days!

I did a traceroute to find my connection problems and got this:

Code:
Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     8 ms     4 ms     5 ms  homeportal [192.168.1.254] 
  2    27 ms    25 ms    28 ms  108-241-20-2.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net [108.241.20.2] 
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    28 ms    26 ms    27 ms  12.83.82.145 
  5    98 ms   113 ms   128 ms  12.123.132.209 
  6    75 ms    74 ms    74 ms  12-122-254-230.attens.net [12.122.254.230] 
  7    75 ms    74 ms    75 ms  206.16.68.42 
  8    75 ms    74 ms    75 ms  paxonix-placeholder.lax1.attens.net [12.129.248.118] 
  9    82 ms    74 ms    78 ms  12.129.209.68 

Trace complete.
The third spot looks suspicious. What should I do?

Pretty happy with how my Barb is shaping up. Maximus with 17% Fire (and 20% on my Reaper's Wraps)--where do I go from here, as weapons go?

I also got a Skull of Resonance or something that charms enemies at a pretty high rate when I use Threatening Shout, and Firewalker boots which I love if for no other reason that I can walk right through destructibles!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
but monks do suck hehe. After getting a Crusader to 70 I just gave up on playing my monk.

2.05 was the Crusader patch, 2.1 will be the Monk patch. They said a lot of changes are inc for you, as well as a set bonus revamp. As a Crusader 2.05 was a God send, I'm having so much fun with a completely different build (Shield Bash/Punish). I just need one more set piece and I can finally get my 6 piece bonus then shit will really crack off.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty happy with how my Barb is shaping up. Maximus with 17% Fire (and 20% on my Reaper's Wraps)--where do I go from here, as weapons go?

I also got a Skull of Resonance or something that charms enemies at a pretty high rate when I use Threatening Shout, and Firewalker boots which I love if for no other reason that I can walk right through destructibles!

You don't want to use a 2H, DW will be much better for you. Aim for a Devastator and a Sankis. You will also want to get a pair of Magefists and a Cindercoat ASAP.

You don't want to use a 2H, DW will be much better for you. Aim for a Devastator and a Sankis. You will also want to get a pair of Magefists and a Cindercoat ASAP.

Those weapons would be nice, but I'd miss my fire-chained demon buddy. I've got a Cindercoat on my DH, but that's staying put, and it's a level 64 drop anyway.

We'll see what drops; it's pointless to hunt relentlessly for certain things. The most I can do is choose a slot with Kadala. In the meantime I'll choose skills based on my drops. I'm still in T1 for a while, it seems!

Azulsky

Those weapons would be nice, but I'd miss my fire-chained demon buddy. I've got a Cindercoat on my DH, but that's staying put, and it's a level 64 drop anyway.

We'll see what drops; it's pointless to hunt relentlessly for certain things. The most I can do is choose a slot with Kadala. In the meantime I'll choose skills based on my drops. I'm still in T1 for a while, it seems!

Devastator is a craftable item.

The PITA is farming the mat

Laconic

Banned

Put the sword on the Enchantress. Use the Enchantress. Profit?

Kvik

I'm sure pretty much everyone in this thread got a copy of RoS already, but if you're looking to get one for gifting to your mistresses, love children and the like, Amazon has it for a discounted price of $29.99

On that note, I still haven't found any Gibbering Gemstones. :-\

jersoc

Just got a second Unity. Don't have any of the immortality relics yet though ;-;

chrisst, ive yet to see one that and a soj...i guess i need something to strive for.

I used a maximus on my enchtantress. the dude tanks shit for you and its up like 100% of the time.

MrDaravon

The huge thread on the official forums asking for a nerf to WD pets gives me the sad feels.

Shocking. I think maybe my favorite freakout on their forums was in late vanilla when I was seeing Barbs calling for nerfs on other classes. WW Barbs. Like...what the fuck.

Also directly related, while I think it's rad that WD's are awesome Blizzard realllllllllly finally needs to give us an option to turn down or off the effects of stuff other classes are doing. If I'm playing with 3 WD's it drops me down to like 10 FPS if there's any enemies on screen, and it can legitimately be very difficult to see anything including the actual enemies as well as any ground effects. Half the time with my Monk (yes I know) I will get killed by random ground effects I never saw, and I can't see any enemies so I'm just clicking around hoping I'm EP'ing something, and on my DH I just start firing CA's. It's a bit of a mess, used to only come up sometimes with a bunch of Wizards and Meteors but the WD + Fetish thing being super crazy is very popular, so practically every game I'm in has at least 1 and usually 2 or 3 WD's so it's a bit more of an issue.

Edit: Someone's doing some rad math and testing regarding the Marauder's set over on bnet.

Boogdud

Sometimes I really feel like I have a cursed character. My crusader has the worst luck ever, 900 shards and one leg, 25 rift clears and 8 garbage legs tonight

Meanwhile log into my dh for a change, get a calamity and three other bows in 30 minutes. Log onto the wd and use 15 shards and get a mask of jeram.

Meanwhile the crusader with 260 hours is still using the weapon, shield, rings, amulet, boots, bracers, gloves and helm from the week of launch. It's not just that he's not getting upgrades, the gear is all pretty much junk aside from the reaper wraps, he's just not getting anything at all.

Sorry just had to rant, it's getting really old.

Dahbomb

Yea I had legitimate issues with my hardware when people were using the Blessed Shield build. Fucking shit all over the screen.

cdyhybrid

What's the quickest way to stockpile gold? My Foote refuses to roll a socket.

Keep in mind that I just switched builds so my gear isn't the greatest.

ElyrionX

Fundamentally different? not really. If it were paramount to Archon then you'd be stacking much more AS than you currently have (Yes AS is more important but the amount your suggesting isn't really true). 1.67? Yea that's how much most WoW build end up having to include my own. The amount I have is a direct carry over from my WoW build and I haven't decided to chase anymore. In fact I actively roll off my AS when possible. Just like WoW almost everyone will roll choose CDR over AS for Archon.

They're ridiculously interchangeable as far as builds go, to suggest they builds are fundamentally different is really…just bull to be frank. Anyone can look at the top WoW users and the top Archon users (fire specifically) and you're not going to see major differences outside of the weapon used for obvious reasons, well that and rolling EB if you want that extra damage. You're not going to see a bunch of 2.13 AS+ Archon builds, because at the very end of it...no one cares about their AS over CDR because most people use Archon in packs thus they're going for explosions and not disintegrate.

That and I'm currently using WoW in conjuction with Archon.

I don't stack AS as much as I'd like on my gear because for the slots where I can get that stat, there are better damage stats to get such as CC and CHD. The slots where I do get my CDR are where AS is impossible to get (shoulders, source) or where it is more efficient to get CDR (helm). BTW, that 1.67 AS is not just a random number either. It is (allegedly) an Archon disintegration wave breakpoint.

The gear for an Archon and a Woh build is not that interchangeable, IMO. Yes, both stack CDR but that's really about it. You need Vyrs for Archon which would require you to give up Captain Crimson or Ashearas on the pants and boots slots. Vyrs also require you to give up Cindercoat or Magefist if you're running Fire. Archon build doesn't require as much mitigation as well since you don't have to be facetanking all the time. Plus, AS on Archon is an acceptable affix but is essentially a waste of a primary affix on Woh. AT/Archon build also requires Tal 3-pc bonus for AP regen which is a waste on Arcane Woh. Overall no, the builds are not that interchangeable.

Archon and Woh run very different supplementary skills. You give up Force Weapon and Sparkflint for Frost Nova and Safe Passage when switching from Archon to Woh. Archon has innate defensive boosts due to Slow Time, Teleport and 20% mitigation increase so a pure Archon build doesn't need much cc skills since you don't need to facetank outside of Archon form. This is why a hybrid Archon/Woh build makes no sense. You give up too much damage skills that would boost your Archon damage output so it's actually inefficient to go into Archon form when your EB does so much more damage. You also lose out on effects like the TF lightning procs when doing Woh/Archon.

The two skills have very different gearing and skill philosophies. I tested the hybrid build over the weekend and found it to be lackluster. Several people on the official forums came to the same conclusion as well.

jkanownik

I did a traceroute to find my connection problems and got this:

Code:
Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     8 ms     4 ms     5 ms  homeportal [192.168.1.254] 
  2    27 ms    25 ms    28 ms  108-241-20-2.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net [108.241.20.2] 
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    28 ms    26 ms    27 ms  12.83.82.145 
  5    98 ms   113 ms   128 ms  12.123.132.209 
  6    75 ms    74 ms    74 ms  12-122-254-230.attens.net [12.122.254.230] 
  7    75 ms    74 ms    75 ms  206.16.68.42 
  8    75 ms    74 ms    75 ms  paxonix-placeholder.lax1.attens.net [12.129.248.118] 
  9    82 ms    74 ms    78 ms  12.129.209.68 

Trace complete.
The third spot looks suspicious. What should I do?

I had the same problem. Getting my provider to reset my modem from their end worked for me.

desverger

Up to 500k/roll trying to get a socket on this weapon. This is so fucking stupid.

Yeah, socket rolling is the WORST.

Seeing how necessary sockets are in a weapon, I wish they had a npc that could put the damn socket in a weapon (invalidating enchantress after that or something), just like in D2 :(

I got a Fate of the Fell around the launch of RoS, went up to 1m rerolls without a socket.. on the weekend, a new FotF drops - ofc without a socket, and here I am rerolling again lol. At least it's cheaper now, right!

Has anyone had any luck getting torment set items from Kadala? I'm swimming in dex uniques but struggling to find a second piece of Natalya's or Marauders.

desverger

Has anyone had any luck getting torment set items from Kadala? I'm swimming in dex uniques but struggling to find a second piece of Natalya's or Marauders.

Yep, got 2 Nate's and 2 Marauders from her on the weekend. Good deal!

Just keep buying, they are more common than the super rare legendaries like Tasker and Theo.

Yep, got 2 Nate's and 2 Marauders from her on the weekend. Good deal!

Just keep buying, they are more common than the super rare legendaries like Tasker and Theo.

I'm consoling myself by saying my monk will be instantly well geared when it hits 70 but I'm jealous of your luck :(

cdyhybrid

Yeah, socket rolling is the WORST.

Seeing how necessary sockets are in a weapon, I wish they had a npc that could put the damn socket in a weapon (invalidating enchantress after that or something), just like in D2 :(

I got a Fate of the Fell around the launch of RoS, went up to 1m rerolls without a socket.. on the weekend, a new FotF drops - ofc without a socket, and here I am rerolling again lol. At least it's cheaper now, right!

Give it to me to roll.
if only

I reroll sockets in 1 - 3 tries.

It's really frustrating, because they clearly balanced the gold cost for players that used the AH to stock up billions or trillions of gold. I didn't play at all until RoS, and between gems (finally have a full set of the best possible gems), crafting, and rerolling, all my gold gets spent as soon as I get it.

ZenaxPure

It's really frustrating, because they clearly balanced the gold cost for players that used the AH to stock up billions or trillions of gold. I didn't play at all until RoS, and between gems (finally have a full set of the best possible gems), crafting, and rerolling, all my gold gets spent as soon as I get it.

I dunno, honestly once you get a character that can handle a single T6 elite pack you can farm gold pretty easy. Forward Barracks (A3), Cryder's Outpost (A3), and Hell Rift (A4) bounties all require you to clear one fairly tiny floor with 1 elite pack and they each give 420k gold. Khazra Den also gives the gold, but, takes longer to walk to if you don't know where it spawned on the map.

You don't really need to be T6 geared to do them either, just capable of bursting down one elite pack and killing some easy white mobs. I went into the expansion very poor as well (around 10 mil gold), but, I probably spent like 120 mil gold over the past week and didn't care, it's pretty easy to farm.

dengatron

just rifting normally on t5 or 6 i make around 40 mil a day now since the gold find changes. i don't even need gold anymore other than dumping ridiculous numbers of rerolls into items. i'd certainly like to see more imperial gem drops, though.

desverger

I'm consoling myself by saying my monk will be instantly well geared when it hits 70 but I'm jealous of your luck :(

This probably doesn't help but, sadly, Marauder and especially Nate's set has some really weird properties built in.. Like, I think all of the Nate's set armor pieces have +armor in it? Also, Marauder gloves have fixed CDR and IAS in them :(

Even if you get a piece, there's a high chance it's terrible. For example I wouldn't boast about my Mara gloves to anyone :p

Then again, the set is really nice once you happen to complete it. Just keep gambling, Kadala is your best bet for the set items nowadays.

Taz

I don't care what anyone says but there is some weird bug with legendary drops, 5 torment 6 rifts and nothing, so I relog and then I start averaging 2-3 per rift. Before someone says Rng I've been doing T6 rifts for a while now and I've never ever gone that long with out a drop and that's before the buff. The next weird thing was it was solo using RIF and people would join just to kill the boss and on the 3rd rift a guy got 4 legendary drops from the rift boss.

Ps 8k shards and still no tastier and theo !!

After being a complete b for the last day, Kadala gave me both a Nat helmet and Marauder helmet within the space of 150 shards

Nat helmet came with 6cc native which is cool, got some CA damage in the other slot. Marauder was kinda ass with Armor and Impale damage. Rolled off Impale for 5.5cc

Now to gamble gloves. My Magefist sucks so I could get an upgrade while I go for the Marauder gloves. In the event that I get a Tasker and Theo (lol) I'll have to gamble a Marauder chest since I wanna keep my Cindercoat. Already have a Bombadier's Rucksack so I'm almost ready for the sentry madness. If somehow I get a Nat Slayer I can do the mix thing with 4 pc Marauder and 3 piece Nats.

Things are looking good

eek5

You get about a million gold per t4/5 rift. If you really need gold you can stack GF% and join powerlevel community where people will post that they need to be boosted. Join T6 level 50-66 games and you can clear like 300k gold per bounty and you'll probably one shot everything and get huge gold stacks on top of it. Plus your'e kind of helping people level which is kind of nice I guess.

---

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/47751293

In other news, my support monk is getting hilariously stronk. I dumped a lot of my dex for str and now I'm ~12k armor 1900 res w/ 825k hp lol. I can eat 5 molten explosions on T5 with over 300k hp left over. It's pretty telling how bad dex is when I'm getting way more EHP by rolling another class's main stat onto my gear lol.

ZenaxPure

Yeah,but for getting such a character you first need to spend milions of gold.

Not really. If you can do T4 you can probably switch enough skills around to get enough burst damage to take out a single T6 elite pack. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

just rifting normally on t5 or 6 i make around 40 mil a day now since the gold find changes. i don't even need gold anymore other than dumping ridiculous numbers of rerolls into items. i'd certainly like to see more imperial gem drops, though.

To be fair you do play a lot more than the average person (and probably do rifts faster). Rifting is certainly good money, but, I don't really find it to be the fastest method if you need a lot of gold in a short amount of time. It is nice for building up a buffer when you go streaks of not needing to re-roll anything. That is actually where a lot of my gold came from recently.

More to the point though, I don't think gold is actually that hard to get nowadays and there is multiple ways to go about it.

Boogdud

Just out of curiosity, how often do you guys do a full rift clear (breaking all barrels/bodies/chests on all floors) and not get a single legendary? I have it happen a lot. I'd say on average, even with this buff, I get typically get 2 out of 5 rifts like this. This is typically at t2. It's really getting on my nerves.

ElyrionX

I rolled my goddamn Thunderfury something like 40 times trying to get cold damage on it but it rolled cold damage only 3 goddamn times and those were low rolls. Each roll is now costing me 1.5mn gold. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Celegus

Are there any other lightning barbs out there? Got a Shard of Hate yesterday (my first uber rare drop) and switched my fire barb to lightning (and dumped all my fire gear onto my crusader who is pretty awesome now). Profile is here if anyone has gear or skill tips; is WW still the way to go? And is it worth stacking +lightning damage or just go for high deeps? I'm not sure if T-god's/Shard/Odyn Son are affected by +lightning.

After very little convincing Kadala gave me the Marauder gloves and with that my set is complete. Damage is goofy as shit with all the sentries out. I can kite all day while my pets get the aggro and my sentries fuck shit up. Surprised by the spender use frequency. This is without Tasker and Theo obviously. With it... oh my!

Wish there was a set along side this one kind of like Jade Harvester where you shoot nuclear explosions that melt everything. This will do for now though.

garath

this jerk kadala won't give me marauder pants. jerk!

After my thousands upon thousands of shards to Kadala with only 3 legendaries (none of which I use), I had exactly 10 blood shards last night before bed after another failed Act 1 cache run. I went to Kadala to get some pants, first click was a misclick and I ended up with a yellow belt. Second click was green pants.

Mauraders. :eek:

That's 5 pieces.. now I REALLY need that stupid RRoG. It's beyond an obsession now. I'm hundreds of caches into trying for that thing.

Definity

Finally finished my jade set yesterday! Much different play style than with pets but I like it. I can one or two shot most champs on T4 and easily take ghom down on T6 and still have better rolls to work in on the gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom