• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

So what build are DHs going with the 6 piece maruader's? Assuming I can get my RRoG sometime soon, I'll have the 6 piece bonus going with Cloak of Garwulf (for now) and I've been sitting on a bombadier's rucksack in my bank for a bit. It's not the greatest rolls unfortunately but it'll get the job done.

I'm seeing have two hatred spenders out. CA obviously, any "best in slot" for the second spender? Elemental arrow perhaps. Chakrams with physical?

Unforunately I'm not sure what to give up for the sentry slot, let alone the second spender. I guess Entangling shot bites it? Vengeance? That would make me sad. Vengeance is awesome.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Mumei

Finally finished my jade set yesterday! Much different play style than with pets but I like it. I can one or two shot most champs on T4 and easily take ghom down on T6 and still have better rolls to work in on the gear!

How much are your harvests doing? And can I get a link to your profile? I have the set pieces and the ring, but it's still a work in progress with some of the non-set pieces (don't have Quetz, bracers and amulet could be better, SoJ doesn't have CD, etc.).

garath

desverger

So what build are DHs going with the 6 piece maruader's? Assuming I can get my RRoG sometime soon, I'll have the 6 piece bonus going with Cloak of Garwulf (for now) and I've been sitting on a bombadier's rucksack in my bank for a bit. It's not the greatest rolls unfortunately but it'll get the job done.

I'm seeing have two hatred spenders out. CA obviously, any "best in slot" for the second spender? Elemental arrow perhaps. Chakrams with physical?

Unforunately I'm not sure what to give up for the sentry slot, let alone the second spender. I guess Entangling shot bites it? Vengeance? That would make me sad. Vengeance is awesome.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I just pondered over the same questions last night when I finished my 6pc. The short of it is that this is what I ended up with: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#adPkSO!bSYh!cbZZYY - profile link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/beancurry-2524/hero/35729853 (don't look at my amulet).

Basically a buttload of +physical to boost the pets and ROCKETS. I don't have two hatred spenders in my build, but ultimately I suppose I could sacrifice Vengeance for one - probably Chakram in my case, but Vengeance gets boosted nicely by Ballistics.

The 6pc could also support a fire build nicely, if you replace Garwulf with a Cindercoat or use Marauder chest and Magefist, but the tradeoff is that your pets will do less damage and sentries will do more.

Regardless of what you choose, you're gonna have to decide a couple of things:

-Do you want Punishment in your build or not? I decided not to, because I feel that it would work better with Danetta's combo, where Vault is not eating your discipline, and you'll want to use the Bombardier's Rucksack anyway.

-Do you want Blood Vengeance or are you going to use Reaper's Wraps? Without Punishment, your only means to get more Hatred are health blobs. I decided to get BV in my build, and use Strongarm Bracers to further boost damage done by pets. If you're feeling squishy, you could use this passive slot to slot Perfectionist or Awareness, but I felt like I didn't need those anymore due to the 6pc also giving you 20% damage resist from the boar rune.

If you go fire, you'll have one passive slot free also, since you're not gonna need Ballistics.

edit: In your case, I'd probably get rid of Smoke Screen, if you can stay alive - but like I said, the damage resistance from boar is an another benefit of the set.

Mumei

Dude. You were doing a ton of damage in my group in T3. I think you were T4 ready even before the weekend lol.

It was hilarious watching elites just get nuked by whatever Typhoon looking thing you were casting.

The typhoon thing is Piranhado, which doesn't really do all that much damage; it just clumps the enemies together and makes them take +15% damage. It's the Soul Harvest that comes after that does the damage. The animation occurs on the ground, and then you see the souls sucked into his character.

My Logitech G500 is craping out on me. It just randomly disconnects during the day and often while playing D3. I was thinking about jumping to the G700 since int has 4 nice thumb buttons and I use all of my skills via mouse buttons. I only use the keyboard to hold shift to stand still and space bar for potion. Anyone else out there who likes mapping skills to mouse buttons recommend a mouse? The MMO mouses look a bit overkill. Anyone play D3 with the G700? Thoughts?

StMeph

I am really going to miss this 100% buff when it's gone...

Yeah, it's definitely going to be more than twice as sad when the drop rates revert to their original values.

For Crusaders rocking Akarat, what's the stat priority?

Element% > CDR > CC > CHD > IAS? Or is it more of a matter of breakpoints?

CDR to X%, CC/CHD to X ratio, IAS to a soft ceiling, etc?

Well... shit my DH can do t6 now

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/8039314

Assuming I don't get mobbed by Anarchs and Corrupted Angels in that horrible narrow ledge map (which is exactly what happened literally as I opened my first rift) I can comfortably kill packs in about 10-20s with rift bosses spawning in about 15m or so. As I mentioned the build is incredibly kiting friendly. About all I do after setting up is throw down the odd Cluster Arrow and pet buff whenever I have it.

Seeing as I don't have a generator I think it'd be better with T&T and Marauder chest. I barely contribute to the damage atm. I'll keep rolling gloves from Kadala and maybe get an upgrade Marauder glove along the way

desverger

Assuming I don't get mobbed by Anarchs and Corrupted Angels in that horrible narrow ledge map (which is exactly what happened literally as I opened my first rift) I can comfortably kill packs in about 10-20s with rift bosses spawning in about 15m or so. As I mentioned the build is incredibly kiting friendly. About all I do after setting up is throw down the odd Cluster Arrow and pet buff whenever I have it.

Seeing as I don't have a generator I think it'd be better with T&T and Marauder chest. I barely contribute to the damage atm. I'll keep rolling gloves from Kadala and maybe get an upgrade Marauder glove along the way

Not having a builder with the Marauder set is definitely a tempting idea that could work :p

Guess I know what I'm trying tonight!

This game requires a lot of time to get what you want, especially for 2 characters. I think if I'm going to continue playing this game, I need to give up on my wizard and focus on my DH. My DH is just further along and really only needs 1 item to complete the marauder set (the boots).

I played in a lot of wizard only groups over the weekend and still didn't drop anything from rifts or Kadala (was trying to get Vyr chest from her). I just get crap after crap after crap in rifts. Then I spend 500 shards and get 0 legs. Sometimes I'll get the bottom of the barrel stuff (goldskin, blackthorns, aquila, etc). Then I see Vyr items and Marauder items popping up in clan chat with great rolls and I get angry at the game. Tis not healthy.

I wouldn't mind so much but my time to play is dwindling (damn job, wife, house). Now I only have my late night hours remaining for the double drop rate.... and Transistor is coming out tomorrow!

So yeah. Marauder boots by Thursday or bust.

Celegus

Do set pieces ignore smart loot? Last night on my wizard I got a crusader-only piece and a hunter-only piece. What gives?

Nah, it's no different with set pieces, just a coincidence. My barbarian likes to find ceremonial knives / mojos, but I've never found a set piece for another class.

I nearly insta-sharded some Blackthorne's boots last night until I realized they were actually Immortal King - but the image looks nearly identical especially when you're sick and sleep deprived.

th3dude

Really enjoying this drop rate buff. My naive hope is that they are using this 1 week buff as a trial to keep it permanent. That way, if they don't like it, they don't have to be the bad guy and 'nerf' it. But if they do like it, they can be the good guys and make it permanent. Here's hoping.

Also, this game has a way, man. I logged in last night for exactly one bounty run. Had about 20 minutes to kill so I figured why not. Hiding in the back of a cave in one of the bounties (on T2) was a goblin. He very generously coughed up:

cB5Xs2a.png

Now to roll the skill into sockets. Second piece of the set. I was so pumped.

This game requires a lot of time to get what you want, especially for 2 characters. I think if I'm going to continue playing this game, I need to give up on my wizard and focus on my DH. My DH is just further along and really only needs 1 item to complete the marauder set (the boots).

I played in a lot of wizard only groups over the weekend and still didn't drop anything from rifts or Kadala (was trying to get Vyr chest from her). I just get crap after crap after crap in rifts. Then I spend 500 shards and get 0 legs. Sometimes I'll get the bottom of the barrel stuff (goldskin, blackthorns, aquila, etc). Then I see Vyr items and Marauder items popping up in clan chat with great rolls and I get angry at the game. Tis not healthy.

I wouldn't mind so much but my time to play is dwindling (damn job, wife, house). Now I only have my late night hours remaining for the double drop rate.... and Transistor is coming out tomorrow!

So yeah. Marauder boots by Thursday or bust.

I'm in the same boat. I was trying to run multiples and it's just not feasible given the time I have. It's barbarian or bust for me now.

garath

The typhoon thing is Piranhado, which doesn't really do all that much damage; it just clumps the enemies together and makes them take +15% damage. It's the Soul Harvest that comes after that does the damage. The animation occurs on the ground, and then you see the souls sucked into his character.

Ahh. very cool. All I know is it was nuking things with 500+ mil hp. Very awesome. My friend and I absolutely noticed when his damage was or wasn't there.

I just pondered over the same questions last night when I finished my 6pc. The short of it is that this is what I ended up with: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#adPkSO!bSYh!cbZZYY - profile link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/beancurry-2524/hero/35729853 (don't look at my amulet).

*snip*

edit: In your case, I'd probably get rid of Smoke Screen, if you can stay alive - but like I said, the damage resistance from boar is an another benefit of the set.

So yeah.. Looks like the possibility of running with no generator is there. I still see the benefit of stacking fire% (or physical%) and sentry%. I'll probably abandon companion%. Physical% might be better overall since it will affect the pets too. They do a good amount of damage all things considered. My wolves attack fast and crit for 2-3mil. It's not insignificant at all.

I can see abandoning prep/punish. Probably keep blood vengeance until I finally get a decent reaper's wraps just for that backup hatred generation. Other than that, defensive abilities such as smoke screen will be a must to kite and stay alive while your sentries do the work.

I would definitely change my garwulf for a Maurader's chest and swap the maurader's gloves for T&T. Going to start gambling for chest again I guess then gloves. Cindercoat doesn't seem nearly as important now. Maybe the caltrops chest would be a good fit for kiting and staying alive. I do like the multiple wolves for now though.

Celegus

I'm in the same boat. I was trying to run multiples and it's just not feasible given the time I have. It's barbarian or bust for me now.

Same here. I decided I'm pretty much done with my wizard and went back to barbarian, my favorite class pre-RoS. Barb and Crusader are easily my two favorite classes, so I'm probably just going to stick with them. It's nice that they can share loot and now each use a different element.

But in any case, this buff week kind of wreaked havoc on my programming studies, so I need to set more time aside for that. I haven't even played any other games (aside from the occasional Hearthstone) in what feels like months, and don't really have a desire to either. I really really like what they did with RoS, and it just keeps getting better every patch. It's a great time after a long day to just play some Diablo with the wife and/or gaffers. Reminds me a lot of my D2 days (and D1 before that), kind of amazing they got me again after all these years.

Really enjoying this drop rate buff. My naive hope is that they are using this 1 week buff as a trial to keep it permanent. That way, if they don't like it, they don't have to be the bad guy and 'nerf' it. But if they do like it, they can be the good guys and make it permanent. Here's hoping.

I want to believe

Boogdud

My Logitech G500 is craping out on me. It just randomly disconnects during the day and often while playing D3. I was thinking about jumping to the G700 since int has 4 nice thumb buttons and I use all of my skills via mouse buttons. I only use the keyboard to hold shift to stand still and space bar for potion. Anyone else out there who likes mapping skills to mouse buttons recommend a mouse? The MMO mouses look a bit overkill. Anyone play D3 with the G700? Thoughts?

Get a Logitech G502. Corded, the current champ optical sensor and plenty of buttons. It's a winner. It's modeled after the G500 last so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

If you really want a cordless, I would recommend a G602 over a G700. The battery life on the G700 sucks, even though you can still use it corded, etc.

Ahh. very cool. All I know is it was nuking things with 500+ mil hp. Very awesome. My friend and I absolutely noticed when his damage was or wasn't there.

So yeah.. Looks like the possibility of running with no generator is there. I still see the benefit of stacking fire% (or physical%) and sentry%. I'll probably abandon companion%. Physical% might be better overall since it will affect the pets too. They do a good amount of damage all things considered. My wolves attack fast and crit for 2-3mil. It's not insignificant at all.

I can see abandoning prep/punish. Probably keep blood vengeance until I finally get a decent reaper's wraps just for that backup hatred generation. Other than that, defensive abilities such as smoke screen will be a must to kite and stay alive while your sentries do the work.

I would definitely change my garwulf for a Maurader's chest and swap the maurader's gloves for T&T. Going to start gambling for chest again I guess then gloves. Cindercoat doesn't seem nearly as important now. Maybe the caltrops chest would be a good fit for kiting and staying alive. I do like the multiple wolves for now though.

I was all set to go physical but then I saw that the sentries Cluster Arrows do about the same damage as me. The deal was sealed lol. That and I struggled way too hard for that damn Cindercoat to not use it. With an SOJ I'll be close to 80‰ fire damage which is still quite considerable.

Get a Logitech G502. Corded, the current champ optical sensor and plenty of buttons. It's a winner. It's modeled after the G500 last so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

If you really want a cordless, I would recommend a G602 over a G700. The battery life on the G700 sucks, even though you can still use it corded, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Celegus

I was all set to go physical but then I saw that the sentries Cluster Arrows do about the same damage as me. The deal was sealed lol. That and I struggled way too hard for that damn Cindercoat to not use it. With an SOJ I'll be close to 80‰ fire damage which is still quite considerable.

Is there a reason people say "an SoJ"? I'm assuming it's from D2 when they were currency, because I also remember my sister and I calling them that too, but can't remember specifically why.

"wug? an soj - wuw?" Can't say I miss those days! Account bound is kind of frustrating sometimes, but I'd rather play the game than play the trading post.

Dahbomb

It's call SoJ because it's short for Stone of Jordan. There really isn't any other reason for calling it that.

And yea no need for Cindercoat when you have Marauder 6 piece. The Sentries do the damage for you. Going Physical build also increases the damage of your zoo.

desverger

Yeah, good call - you won't most likely miss punishment, since you'll have sentries pumping out those spenders non stop.

I'm gonna try the generatorless build and see how that works out tonight :p

I might have missed it, but did you say what Marauder piece(s) you are missing? Chest?

scy

Basically a buttload of +physical to boost the pets and ROCKETS. I don't have two hatred spenders in my build, but ultimately I suppose I could sacrifice Vengeance for one - probably Chakram in my case, but Vengeance gets boosted nicely by Ballistics.

Well, you want two spenders otherwise you're losing quite a bit of damage from your Sentries. But, for the time being, I wouldn't do Cluster Arrow + Chakram since the combination is bugged. Multishot is better currently than Chakram.

For Crusaders rocking Akarat, what's the stat priority?

Element% > CDR > CC > CHD > IAS? Or is it more of a matter of breakpoints?

CDR to X%, CC/CHD to X ratio, IAS to a soft ceiling, etc?

It depends on how vital your Akarat uptime is to the build but, yeah, perma-Akarat is usually the goal while keeping 40%+ CC / 400%+ CHD, and 55%+ Elemental Damage. Really, the only time you're making a choice on Elemental Damage is whether or not to use Andariel's and you just make sure to get CDR on the slots that can get it besides Amulet (other stats too important).

Is there a reason people say "an SoJ"? I'm assuming it's from D2 when they were currency, because I also remember my sister and I calling them that too, but can't remember specifically why.

"wug? an soj - wuw?" Can't say I miss those days! Account bound is kind of frustrating sometimes, but I'd rather play the game than play the trading post.

Maybe I'm so far down the rabbit hole that I don't get it but ... I'm not sure what the question about "an SoJ" is here.

The hardest part about switching to a physical setup is getting the SOJ.

IF\when I get zoo\sentry complete, I'll probably stick to fire for a while simply because I'll be using magefists until I get taskers anyway since they're the best gloves I have. Right now I only have a physical amulet + bracers, which doesn't seem like enough to switch to a physical build since sentries will be doing the heavy hitting.

Is there a set that actually includes bracers? I wonder why that slot is excluded.

s there a set that actually includes bracers? I wonder why that slot is excluded.

Invoker and Aughild

Also, transitioning from CA build, you probably have a bunch of fire shit already and it works really freaking well. The only major hurdle in going the physical route is getting the damn T&T. I'll switch I can get one of those and a half decent chest.

Celegus

Maybe I'm so far down the rabbit hole that I don't get it but ... I'm not sure what the question about "an SoJ" is here.

Because it should be "a SoJ", not "an SoJ". Asking if someone has an stone of jordan oesn't make any sense, but that's what they've always been called as far as I can remember, back to D2. It's just always tickled me.

Laconic

Banned
After my thousands upon thousands of shards to Kadala with only 3 legendaries (none of which I use), I had exactly 10 blood shards last night before bed after another failed Act 1 cache run. I went to Kadala to get some pants, first click was a misclick and I ended up with a yellow belt. Second click was green pants.

Mauraders. :eek:

That's 5 pieces.. now I REALLY need that stupid RRoG. It's beyond an obsession now. I'm hundreds of caches into trying for that thing.

And nothing shall prepare you for the eventuality of getting one with only a single side of the Trifecta.

Let alone 3... like me. :/

Because it should be "a SoJ", not "an SoJ". Asking if someone has an stone of jordan oesn't make any sense, but that's what they've always been called as far as I can remember, back to D2. It's just always tickled me.

Typically when people say an acronym they refer to it using the phonetic first letter rather than the first word

Depends if you think of it as an es-o-jay or a Stone of Jordan when its in that form

cdyhybrid

It's "an" because you're "saying" the acronym, not the actual name of the item.

Laconic

Banned

They are not asking for a Stone of Jordan, they are asking for an SoJ. That they use SoJ to represent Stone of Jordan, is irrelevant to the phonetic accuracy of their speech. And they are accurate.

...... DUH! My wizard uses that set. Heh.

I really wish Nats had bracers. I'm going to have to give up Natalya's 3-item bonus when I make the switch. That's a big hit. Losing 20 discipline, 250 dex, and 7 crit. Not to mention I have fantastic nat boots. Will be hard for my future mara boots to compete with those.

nhww1Q5.png

Are people mostly switching to or using a 2-hander with zoo\sentry?

garath

I know the Cindercoat struggle :( It's why I'm more than happy to abandon that quest and go maurader's zoo lol. Obviously if I was more fire geared I would stick with that, but lacking a ton of fire% (I think I have 30-40 or something) I'm seriously debating the move to straight physical% and switching CA to shooting stars. That way the whole build benefits from the physical% - the sentries and the companions. And tack some sentry% on top of that and you have a winner.

Yeah, good call - you won't most likely miss punishment, since you'll have sentries pumping out those spenders non stop.

I'm gonna try the generatorless build and see how that works out tonight :p

I might have missed it, but did you say what Marauder piece(s) you are missing? Chest?

I'm missing chest. I need either that or the RRoG immediately to start using the 6 set unfortunately. I've done hundreds of act 1 bounties to no avail. Going to keep at it. I literally got the pants and shoulders yesterday so it's coming along. I really like the Garwulf for now so hopefully I get the ring pretty quickly.

StMeph

It depends on how vital your Akarat uptime is to the build but, yeah, perma-Akarat is usually the goal while keeping 40%+ CC / 400%+ CHD, and 55%+ Elemental Damage. Really, the only time you're making a choice on Elemental Damage is whether or not to use Andariel's and you just make sure to get CDR on the slots that can get it besides Amulet (other stats too important).

I've seen the 40% CC / 400% CHD number elsewhere before, but 55% elemental's a bit lower than I expected, seeing as Amulet + Bracers + SoJ + one more source (Hallowed Shield/Lidless Wall) should push that to 70-80%.

It seems like 5/6 Akarat is the standard part. The variables are:
- Andariel's for potential 20% damage
- Aughild's for 7% melee/ranged + 15% elite reduction, 15% elite damage
- Captain Crimson's for 10% CDR + smaller benefits

Seems to me like it's down to Aughild's vs Captain Crimson's, and the additional benefit of Captains is being able to use Reaper's Wraps? What kind of defense should be expected for T6? Is Unity more important than SoJ when soloing?

Pacman2k

If there are still any monk holdouts, I just moved most of my gear over to my DH and I'm having a much better time.

Cindercoat, Magefists, Reapers Wraps, Fire Dmg ammy

Instant torment 3 capable DH

Just something to try if you're getting frustrated and pissed off like I was.

DoctorStrum

Neo Member
Wow, Witch Doctors are so good! Been playing my WD for about 15 hours, and she is already better than my barb and wiz, who I played for over 50 hours.
Of course the increased leg chance helps, but I can already do T3 pretty okay, which none of my other toons can.
My only regret is that I chose to salvage a Tall Mans Finger some time ago, cause it had a shitty roll :(

Taz

Monk class is dead at the moment unless your a cyclone EP bot in a T6 group, I watched a guy streaming with the title "solo T6 speed farming monk" I thought oh let's have a look and I'm not joking it was taking him 5 minutes to kill elites and at one point he was fighting an elite pack with extra health and he got it to 60 ish % and ran off from it and said he couldn't be bothered to kill it because they take to long , it took him about 30 ish minutes to finish a rift. So I thought his gear must be junk and after checking his profile he had a lot of top gear, shame really monk was my most played class before
RoS.

Celegus

Typically when people say an acronym they refer to it using the phonetic first letter rather than the first word

Depends if you think of it as an es-o-jay or a Stone of Jordan when its in that form

It's "an" because you're "saying" the acronym, not the actual name of the item.

They are not asking for a Stone of Jordan, they are asking for an SoJ. That they use SoJ to represent Stone of Jordan, is irrelevant to the phonetic accuracy of their speech. And they are accurate.

Oh.. I guess that does make sense! My mind doesn't work that way though, I would never phonetically sound out the letters - which is why I never realized that's why people said it after all these years. It's either "sodge" or "stone of jordan", never "ess oh jay". That doesn't even register as a possibility.

There are a lot of posts on reddit and the official forums (warning: cesspool) about keeping the drop buff after the week is over.

I fully support this. At the very least they could bring it down to 150% permanently after the week is over. But I dread going back to the old drop rate. It's actually not helped me one bit (unless you count the moonlight ward I ruined last night) but its the rift keys that I want to keep more than anything.

I still feel like the only way to get what I want is through Kadala. More frags = more time in rifts = more Kadala.

Laconic

Banned

Why would you abandon Cindercoat?

I'm thinking of using my DH now that one dropped for me.

With Pride's Fall and a Cindercoat, Rapidfire seems like it would run at almost generator efficiency.

Celegus

It's not like the buff is causing everyone to go straight to T6. The vast majority of the legs that drop are still trash.

Exactly. I've only gotten a couple of upgrades, but it's been enough to keep me interested without feeling too easy. And the trash legs have been nice, since I've finally for the first time had enough souls to reroll a bunch of my equipment and try crafting a lot too. I can only hope they hear the feedback and at least consider it. Even 50% would be nice.

A strong motivator to keep playing is having more people to play with.

Most people stop playing because they hit a wall and can't find the last few items they need. So the game starts to feel unrewarding. This results in less people play with (clan, friends list) which also makes the game less fun.

The clan is a lot more active with the buff and are probably having more fun with lots of shitty legs dropping. Removing the buff WILL cause a lot of people to stop playing. I really doubt a lot of people will stop playing because the buff caused them to find everything and are "done" gearing their characters.

Bakphoon

I was playing on my Wizard today and i was lucky today, except its some kind of monkeypaw luck. I got both RoRG and Cindercoat, and both were rolled strenght!

s5Arl90.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom