• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Why would you abandon Cindercoat?

I'm thinking of using my DH now that one dropped for me.

With Pride's Fall and a Cindercoat, Rapidfire seems like it would run at almost generator efficiency.

I'm only talking about with the 6 piece Maurader's set bonus. For the 5 of 6 pieces for the Maurader's set bonus it's a choice between using the chest or the gloves. My reasoning is that the T&T gloves will provide more overall DPS from the sentries using your hatred spenders than the 20% fire from cindercoat. Not sure if it's true or not but it's worth consideration. For the whole build, you probably wouldn't be using the spenders much yourself to get the resource reduction benefit from cindercoat.

Alternatively, building all Physical% with T&T gloves instead of fire would certainly be a damage boost since that would affect the companions as well as sentry spenders.

I have no numbers to back this up. :) It's all supposition.

Without the maurader's set, Cindercoat + fire crap + CA:LfB is the number 1 build for a DH without a doubt.

Taz

It's not like the buff is causing everyone to go straight to T6. The vast majority of the legs that drop are still trash.

The thing the buff does is allow people to play more than one class because the old way you're forced to play just one to progress to T4/5/6

garath

The thing the buff does is allow people to play more than one class because the old way you're forced to play just one to progress to T4/5/6

Yeah. I actually pulled out my crusader for the first time yesterday. It was nice. I went back to my DH after not getting much useful but still.

It's going to be hard playing with the old drop rates again. Though if it stayed like this we'd all be swimming in forgotten souls.

cdyhybrid

Yeah. I actually pulled out my crusader for the first time yesterday. It was nice. I went back to my DH after not getting much useful but still.

It's going to be hard playing with the old drop rates again. Though if it stayed like this we'd all be swimming in forgotten souls.

Eh, I was swimming in them anyway. And if the drop rates go back down, you'll be rerolling stuff less frequently so you'll build up a collection of Souls anyway.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I literally got 1 plan, 2 legendaries and 1 set glove in 5 mins sooner, all around the same spot. I almost didn't want to leave it and told my girlfriend to go grab monsters for me. Needless to say, she was jealous of my luck.

Also, i finally got the plan to use all those Griswold's Scribblings I found in the past months. Too bad the sword stats are nothing special, at least the model is cool for transmog!

The drops, while I wouldn't say they're right where they need to be, they elicit a lot more enthusiasm in, well, everyone it seems. I had some extremely demoralising droughts over the last week prior to the patch. Since the buff kicked off I've found some pretty damn good stuff amidst the mountains of souls. Factoring Kadala in, its madness! I'm not even the luckiest person when it comes to her

scy

I've seen the 40% CC / 400% CHD number elsewhere before, but 55% elemental's a bit lower than I expected, seeing as Amulet + Bracers + SoJ + one more source (Hallowed Shield/Lidless Wall) should push that to 70-80%.

Shield is typically Hellskull in a Holy Build for +10% Damage and the skill needed for the build. If you're Fire and with Lidless Wall, yeah, you'll be higher. 55-60% was just an easier number since its the 3 big slots of Amulet + Bracers + SoJ.

Edit: Additionally, no SoJ when soloing so there's that too :x

Seems to me like it's down to Aughild's vs Captain Crimson's, and the additional benefit of Captains is being able to use Reaper's Wraps? What kind of defense should be expected for T6? Is Unity more important than SoJ when soloing?

I have ~1k All Resist, 21,750 Armor, and 350k HP. I use Unity for soloing with T6 and am usually fine in group T5/T6 anyway so I run Crimson to make up for the lack of CDR% on my Fate of the Fell. Additionally, I use Reaper's Wraps since ... well, Fate of the Fell.

cdyhybrid

Shield is typically Hellskull in a Holy Build for +10% Damage and the skill needed for the build. If you're Fire and with Lidless Wall, yeah, you'll be higher. 55-60% was just an easier number since its the 3 big slots of Amulet + Bracers + SoJ.

Edit: Additionally, no SoJ when soloing so there's that too :x

I have ~1k All Resist, 21,750 Armor, and 350k HP. I use Unity for soloing with T6 and am usually fine in group T5/T6 anyway so I run Crimson to make up for the lack of CDR% on my Fate of the Fell. Additionally, I use Reaper's Wraps since ... well, Fate of the Fell.

Can you link your profile please? :D

Want to see what I'm shooting for.

Boogdud

The drops, while I wouldn't say they're right where they need to be, they elicit a lot more enthusiasm in, well, everyone it seems. I had some extremely demoralising droughts over the last week prior to the patch. Since the buff kicked off I've found some pretty damn good stuff amidst the mountains of souls. Factoring Kadala in, its madness! I'm not even the luckiest person when it comes to her

I've had absolutely demoralizing drop rates over the course of the 100% buff. It's bad enough when you get nothing when the drop rates are 'normal' but when there is a 100% "buff" and you get just as bad drop rates(or in my case, sometimes worse), it's really disheartening.

I put 25 hours in since Friday and gotten less than 15 legs total.

Honestly they could keep the drop rates where they are now. The chances of getting anything good are so low you're not really gaining much with a 100% buff.

Jubs

What's better for a CA:LFB DH in T5/T6? An Andariel, Pride's Fall, or Marauder Helm for the 4 set bonus? I've been farming for a Pride's Fall to no avail, and at this point I'm wondering if it's even worth it. My Andariel has done me good fron T1-T4, and I'm thinking of just rolling with that when i move on up to T5/T6.

kmfdmpig

My Logitech G500 is craping out on me. It just randomly disconnects during the day and often while playing D3. I was thinking about jumping to the G700 since int has 4 nice thumb buttons and I use all of my skills via mouse buttons. I only use the keyboard to hold shift to stand still and space bar for potion. Anyone else out there who likes mapping skills to mouse buttons recommend a mouse? The MMO mouses look a bit overkill. Anyone play D3 with the G700? Thoughts?
I use the g602 and like it. Perfect number of buttons for d3.

This is Scy's Crusader

Using DiabloProgress to find people is super effective =)

What's better for a CA:LFB DH in T5/T6? An Andariel, Pride's Fall, or Marauder Helm for the 4 set bonus?

Marauder's helm for the 6 set bonus! That's the end-game demon hunter build right now.

Keeping up Pride's up is very hard. There are so many sources of dmg and now that awareness has changed, it's very unreliable. I solo T5 with 4-set mara + unity... but... that's unity for ya.

I use the g602 and like it. Perfect number of buttons for d3.

I am leaning toward the G602. The six easily reachable thumb buttons looks good. Right now Skill 4 is on my center mouse button click and I hate accidentally clicking scroll up or down. I have scroll up as inventory and scroll down as close all windows.

scy

Things to note: I've been lazy on my easy upgrades: Amulet Holy is low, Helm STR/Crit is low, Belt has a dead roll, Chest and Belt have low VIT rolls, and Chest / Shield should be Heaven's Fury%.

Besides that, I need a better RoRG (STR/CHD/CDR%/IAS%) and SoJ (Holy/Elite/CDR%/CHD%) to get to ~53% total CDR. Would still leave me with some Akarat downtime but it'll be around 1s so that's fine. A VIT/Damage%/CDR% Fate of the Fell instead of IAS% would also be ideal.

Edit: Also, I have 11k STR anyway so I like the Diamonds to help get me to the 1k AR mark.

Boogdud

I am leaning toward the G602. The six easily reachable thumb buttons looks good. Right now Skill 4 is on my center mouse button click and I hate accidentally clicking scroll up or down. I have scroll up ans Inventory and scroll down as close all windows.

I like the way you think, that's a great idea.

G602 is fantastic as well. That's what my wife uses. The battery life is amazing and the shape is very comfortable. They do have kind of a 'lip' on the bottom of the mouse where the thumb rests, I don't know if that will bother you or not. Some people like to have their thumbs rest on the mouse pad for whatever reason (I'm not one of them). Both the 602 and 502 use that shape.

StMeph

I actually have a Hellskull in Stash. I guess that means 10% to weapon damage is stronger than 20% element because it's applied before all other types of amplification?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Somnambulic-1143/hero/47510737

Major upgrades needed:
- switch to Hellskull from Hallowed Shield
- SoJ or Unity #2 (only have one)
- find new neck with 100% CHD
- more Akarat's

And I guess make some Captain Crimson's once I get 5/6 Akarat.

Unlikely upgrades:
- better Fate of the Fell
- better Royal Grandeur

Somax

After a ton of act 1 farming I opened a cache.
Suddenly, gold ray and RING appears.
Ring identified.
Ring of Royal Grandeur, with Strength.
And I was playing my Wizard main character.
The rng god gives, rng god takes away.

garath

Ring identified.

I'm so desperate for it, I'd wear it anyways.

DSmalls84

Ring identified.

I'm up to 3 now. All had correct main stats but no sign of a trifecta roll yet.

Taz

Ring identified.

If the ring had no stats I would still wear it.

Boogdud

With the buff going away this week, I've come to the realization that with my available playing time, I'm going to have to just pick a character and concentrate on one. I don't have the time or the patience to gear up 2-3 like I'd like and with my luck it's just not happening anyway. What typically happens is I'll run 3-4 rifts, get no legs, get pissed off, log off that character and spin up one of my others in hope that I'll have better luck. This has not served me well... hundreds of hours, 60+ million gold and untold rerolls and sharding of items that probably would have been useful... I have 3 relatively mediocre geared characters. None of which are particularly great.

I just need to pick one and play it. Problem is I don't know which one I'd rather play. They're all enjoyable in their own ways. Each has something half way decent. DH has a calamity, WD has a MoJ and Doombringer, crusader has.. well, 2 pieces of akk... The wiz and the barb don't really have anything.

Any advice on the easiest route to getting to a comfortable T5-6 char?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/boogdud-1883

Be gentle, I've had horrible luck...

Celegus

If the ring had no stats I would still wear it.

That's pretty much where I was at too. Fiiiiinally got one the day 2.05 came out. It wasn't terrible, but it's so nice to have no matter the stats. Got another one this weekend from a kind gaffer that did A1 bounties in T6 and invited 3 people just to get a cache. Practically identical to my first one (str, atk speed, life on hit) but now my barb and crusader both get one!

*finds two legs fast farming Act I bounties on T2*

Alright, I'm on a streak!

*three T3 rifts and 0 legs later*

why rngesus

why

*clicks on loose stone, clang*

YES YES YES

*it's a Goldskin*

i'm going to uninstall this stupid game

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

why rngesus

why

YES YES YES

*it's a Goldskin*

well at least you're not on the prowl for a witching hour and having vigilante belts drop left and right

they look so similar :(

and 8 hour maintenance tomorrow? wut?

DSmalls84

well at least you're not on the prowl for a witching hour and having vigilante belts drop left and right

they look so similar :(

and 8 hour maintenance tomorrow? wut?

Yeah Vigilante belt it just there to troll you while you hunt for witching hour lol. I got excited the first time I found one gambling, and that quickly turned to disappointment.

So earlier on my wizard I had two Serpent's Striker's drop along with Tasker and Theo. I decided to try out frost hydra's since I'm cold and it's surprisingly effective. I normally only play T3 solo but it's pretty well so far. I'm also using a Tal's 4 piece set. At the moment I only have one piece of Vyr's and one piece of Firebird.

You guys think I should run with it for funsies? Here's my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/arcstrike-1175/hero/15317837

Vossler

I had abysmal drop rates over the weekend...played for about 8 hours straight on saturday, and only got an SoJ. Everything else was garbage.....really want a TF to drop.

Taz

With the buff going away this week, I've come to the realization that with my available playing time, I'm going to have to just pick a character and concentrate on one. I don't have the time or the patience to gear up 2-3 like I'd like and with my luck it's just not happening anyway. What typically happens is I'll run 3-4 rifts, get no legs, get pissed off, log off that character and spin up one of my others in hope that I'll have better luck. This has not served me well... hundreds of hours, 60+ million gold and untold rerolls and sharding of items that probably would have been useful... I have 3 relatively mediocre geared characters. None of which are particularly great.

I just need to pick one and play it. Problem is I don't know which one I'd rather play. They're all enjoyable in their own ways. Each has something half way decent. DH has a calamity, WD has a MoJ and Doombringer, crusader has.. well, 2 pieces of akk... The wiz and the barb don't really have anything.

Any advice on the easiest route to getting to a comfortable T5-6 char?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/boogdud-1883

Be gentle, I've had horrible luck...

Moj will get any WD to T4, craft Aughilds Shoulder and Bracer, on the Bracer go for Fire because of you SOJ/Magefist, Do you have Ring of royal Grandeur ? If you don't craft the chest to get the set bonus. Your crit chance is to low it needs to be 45%+ , your necklace is worth keeping for arcane enchant elites but a rare with int/vit/crit chance/crit dmg will out perform the one you use. You need to reroll crit dmg on your magefist, if you have the set ring craft cains boots and legs, this will take you to T4 easy farm and should only take a few hours of play time and with good crafts T5.

For build chance vamp bats to toads either rain or explode, change haunt to zombie dogs fire dogs ,

Passive go ,

grave injustice for piranado skill refresh
Pierce the vail 20% dmg for increase mana ? Yes please our mana spender is on a cooldown
Fetish sycophants no need to explain here
Last one is up to you but I look at it like this, do I take to much damage? If yes take jungle fortitude if your ok then take fierce loyalty for fast rift clears. Or just choose any passive you like.

Mumei

why rngesus

why

YES YES YES

*it's a Goldskin*

Haha.

I've gotten tons of bad legs from the doubled rate, but I've also gotten some pretty great stuff mixed in with all the junk; Sun Keeper (twice as drops); all the Jade Harvester set; Mask of Jeram (twice as drops, once from Kadala); Tasker and Theo (Kadala); Stone of Jordan (twice); Strongarm Bracers (twice); most of chest and mojo for Zunimassa (already had the ring), etc.; all of those with good to excellent rolls.

Just play incessantly like you have no life and the good things will come. Probably. Maybe. No guarantees.

What should I spend my shards on?

There's nothing specific that I "need," so what type of gear is going to give me the best chance for cool shit?

Oh yeah. This happened yesterday.

GLCzTSc.png

The best of the bunch:

jvEVkhO.png

I made 22 flawless imperial gems for rerolls. That was the first reroll. So... at least I have spares.

RNGesus has smiled upon you.

I hate you even though I already have my ring

No. RNGesus is just taunting me. That ring was just a 1.5% DPS increase over my previous. 1 hour of playing to get something I don't need.... but a weekend of rifting with the drop bonus and getting nothing I do need.

cdyhybrid

No. RNGesus is just taunting me. That ring was just a 1.5% DPS increase over my previous. 1 hour of playing to get something I don't need.... but a weekend of rifting with the drop bonus and getting nothing I do need.

Still, getting any item that well-rolled (and getting what you wanted in one reroll) is very rare :p

Lain

I tried getting a better Magic Missile mod on my Vyr pants instead of the 12% I had rerolled on them, and since I kept getting a 2 socket instead of the MM % I wanted, I ended up actually setting on the sockets, which costed me 4.2 millions to get 2 int gems for them. So I went to reroll my Mirrorball to try and get a MM mod on it (I had a rerolled 4 AP on crit before). I started out with 25 millions, and ended up with 1 million left to my name, all to get a 12% MM mod on it.
Feels pretty bad, especially because the game has been playing like shit for me connection wise lately, so I have lag spikes out of the ass, and the worst is opening rift gates only to end up with a network disconnect after the game takes like 20 seconds to load, which is exactly what happened after my Mirroball reroll adventure.

CRA5H

I tried getting a better Magic Missile mod on my Vyr pants instead of the 12% I had rerolled on them, and since I kept getting a 2 socket instead of the MM % I wanted, I ended up actually setting on the sockets, which costed me 4.2 millions to get 2 int gems for them. So I went to reroll my Mirrorball to try and get a MM mod on it (I had a rerolled 4 AP on crit before). I started out with 25 millions, and ended up with 1 million left to my name, all to get a 12% MM mod on it.
Feels pretty bad, especially because the game has been playing like shit for me connection wise lately, so I have lag spikes out of the ass, and the worst is opening rift gates only to end up with a network disconnect after the game takes like 20 seconds to load, which is exactly what happened after my Mirroball reroll adventure.
Yeah I know what u mean with the DC. I wish Blizz would somehow give at least a 5 min window following a disconnect to allow you to resume a game and maintains your rift progress. I'm sure if it was possible, they would have done it by now considering the complaints around dcs and rifts.

Boogdud

Have they done something to the drop bonus? I've done 9 T3 rifts and gotten 5 (garbage) legs.

I haven't gotten more than 1 leg per rift since Friday.

scy

Are you full clearing rifts slowly? We've been consistently getting ~25-30 Legendaries per hour for T5/T6 since the buff went live just clearing to the boss. This has been the case throughout the buff (and even before the buff, though at around half the rate).

Ultimately what matters the most is how fast you're clearing through them. Full clearing a rift but taking 30-40m+ for it isn't worth just getting 3-4 rifts up to a boss done. If you can full clear a rift in like 10m or so then sure but it's hard to argue against just blood shard efficiency since the Kadala changes.

Dahbomb

Have they done something to the drop bonus? I've done 9 T3 rifts and gotten 5 (garbage) legs.

I haven't gotten more than 1 leg per rift since Friday.
They haven't done anything, Legendaries still drop abundantly.

You need to start playing in groups more at higher Torment level while playing some what efficiently. When you do that it won't be uncommon to see 10+ Legs an hour. Citing Legendary drops per Rift run doesn't say much because it doesn't speak for how much you are getting per hour or how efficient you are.

And yea it's not worth doing Rifts past RG anymore unless the map is super Elite dense. The Shard/Gambling changes mean you need to tune your runs so that you are also maximizing Shard gains.

tn2007

7a7b7e5e7ee071eff2434bae9501cbfd.png

Best drop of the day. I got some really nice mara chest and helm and gave it to some random and made his day. My battletag is WeaponX#1954 if anyone wants to do a share loot run. I'm only looking for a better calamity and a fire SoJ, so I can share everything else. I have mara set, nat set, kridershot, a calamity, and other good stuff.

garath

Finally got my RRoG! The 6 piece maurader set is hilarious. Watching the pets and sentries wreck everything while I sit back and chill. Moved up to T4 and its still flying. 11 min per rift. Sheet DPs really doesn't matter. Lost 150k sheet, gained immeasurable real DPs.

Got a tasker and Theo from a very kind WD gaffer in the party tonight (either fenderputty or mumei. My wife was talking on the phone to me at the same time Lol). Sucks that I have to reroll the int but I bet it will still be a good increase.

Just need the maurader chest. Kadala pls.

The build needs a lot of refining though. Something to look forward to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom