• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

Honestly Kadala.. I know we have a love/hate relationship. You love me 1 day but hate me the other 6 days of the week. I go from getting nothing and making me work for it.. then you give it all up to me in one go.

2JdLx95.jpg

Boogdud

They haven't done anything, Legendaries still drop abundantly.

You need to start playing in groups more at higher Torment level while playing some what efficiently. When you do that it won't be uncommon to see 10+ Legs an hour. Citing Legendary drops per Rift run doesn't say much because it doesn't speak for how much you are getting per hour or how efficient you are.

And yea it's not worth doing Rifts past RG anymore unless the map is super Elite dense. The Shard/Gambling changes mean you need to tune your runs so that you are also maximizing Shard gains.

I'm really trying not to rage right now. But since Friday I have done full groups T3 and my clan mates in the same games I'm in are just insanely disproportionate. The closes guy to me is out-legging me 7:1, the highest is 14:1. I'm really starting to think something is just wrong.

What in the hell is going on? If it was streaky I could see but we're talking 4 days in a row here.

Finally got my RRoG! The 6 piece maurader set is hilarious. Watching the pets and sentries wreck everything while I sit back and chill. Moved up to T4 and its still flying. 11 min per rift. Sheet DPs really doesn't matter. Lost 150k sheet, gained immeasurable real DPs.

Got a tasker and Theo from a very kind WD gaffer in the party tonight (either fenderputty or mumei. My wife was talking on the phone to me at the same time Lol). Sucks that I have to reroll the int but I bet it will still be a good increase.

Just need the maurader chest. Kadala pls.

The build needs a lot of refining though. Something to look forward to :)

I suggest getting a bit of CDR. The set up time is pretty critical to efficient clearing. The best rifts are the ones where you can leave a trail of sentries and double back a little for a bit of fire then keep moving throwing out a few along the way.

Yeah I lost like 500k dps moving to this lol. Still a monstrous improvement to gain output. Also I noticed they don't trigger reflect damage even though the animation appears over you haha

tn2007

I suggest getting a bit of CDR. The set up time is pretty critical to efficient clearing. The best rifts are the ones where you can leave a trail of sentries and double back a little for a bit of fire then keep moving throwing out a few along the way.

Yeah I lost like 500k dps moving to this lol. Still a monstrous improvement to gain output. Also I noticed they don't trigger reflect damage even though the animation appears over you haha

How much CDR do you have? I might reroll my shoulders with some.

MrDaravon

The full Mara set is ridiculous. In order to take it I had to drop my decently rolled Cindercoat and Magefists, as well as lose both the 2 and 3 piece Nat set bonuses, all of which dropped me like 250k sheet DPS down to ~1.1 mil as well as losing ~35% fire damage, 28% fire skill reduction and 20 Max Disc. Even with that completely unoptimized and basically just trying to get a feel for the build and what skills I should use I was clearing T6 rifts solo in about 18 minutes or so. Obviously not ideal for efficiency at the moment, I might either drop it down to T5 or go back to playing "normally" until I can get another better piece.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

Since the Nat set is completely unavailable to me at the moment anyway (I was using the helm as the second piece) I'm currently trying to gamble for Mara boots which will let me drop the gloves which are by far my weakest link, and re-equip my decently rolled trifecta Magefist. The additional 18% or so fire damage and 7% or so sheet DPS should be a big help. Also debating switching CA to the one that stuns, I'd lose a good chunk of DPS since all my fire % would go out the window, but if stuff is perma-stunned most of the time that may not matter.

Not entirely sure what my endgame is here, and also I've seen almost no one with the full set who also had a Kridershot. Almost wondering if with the Krider it might be worth it to try to go in on lightning damage and roll with the EA shot that stuns (not Ball Lightning, the other one) + the lightning stun CA. DPS would be way lower than fire since Magefist/Cindercoat would be out the window, but I could pick up lightning on my amulet/bracers/SoJ then also be able to keep the Nat 3-set bonus. My original plan as to pick up a Nat Slayer + Calamity and just run the 4-piece Mara set with the standard CA build, but now I'm not sure.

ferr

Must be Mara 6pc night, got mine too. Also got nat boots right before getting my mara helm, but I guess the 3pc nat is meh now.

The sentry build is such different playstyle it seems from ca:lfb. I see people with no generators.. do they just drop sentries and run around? Also it seems like no one is DWing with 6pc.. increased pet and sentry dmg from 2h? Or because the sentry quiver is op for the build? here's my DH http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 in need of lots of experimenting with.

How much CDR do you have? I might reroll my shoulders with some.

Around 30% atm including Paragon. I ended up getting 8% on my shoulders but I'm still going for Sentry damage. Getting 10% from Paragon and a royal diamond in your helm should shave off about 1.5s which is good enough imo

Also with the sentry quiver you don't need Custom Engineering. This lets you take the Ballistics passive which adds a whole lot of damage when the sentries aren't using Cluster Arrow (I use Spitfire and MS Arsenal which both have rockets).

Even with physical Ballistics is still really good so its a useful passive to take.

So we were trying to get scy his WD shoulders and called it a night with no success. I go do T3 bounties…and Jade Harvester shoulders drop like 5 minutes into my first dungeon. T_T. Upish side...they're the most poo shoulders EVER. Downside...they should have been scy's.

ElyrionX

Seems like AT/Archon is increasingly viewed as a viable and perhaps even the best (which surprises me) T6 build.

I run this as a main build myself and I was trying to do it without Astral Presence yesterday (and using Elemntal Exposure in its place) but I find myself running dry while channeling AT a bit too often. I already have tbe bonus AP regen from the Tal set but it's not quite enough.

desverger

Finally got my RRoG! The 6 piece maurader set is hilarious. Watching the pets and sentries wreck everything while I sit back and chill. Moved up to T4 and its still flying. 11 min per rift. Sheet DPs really doesn't matter. Lost 150k sheet, gained immeasurable real DPs.

Got a tasker and Theo from a very kind WD gaffer in the party tonight (either fenderputty or mumei. My wife was talking on the phone to me at the same time Lol). Sucks that I have to reroll the int but I bet it will still be a good increase.

Grats, well done!

Must be Mara 6pc night, got mine too. Also got nat boots right before getting my mara helm, but I guess the 3pc nat is meh now.

The sentry build is such different playstyle it seems from ca:lfb. I see people with no generators.. do they just drop sentries and run around? Also it seems like no one is DWing with 6pc.. increased pet and sentry dmg from 2h? Or because the sentry quiver is op for the build? here's my DH http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 in need of lots of experimenting with.

So I was running around with the Marauder 6pc yesterday and here's what I found out that worked well for me personally.

I have a physical build with rockets, since I feel that benefits all aspects of the build evenly. Fire could also work, but I don't have the Marauder helmet atm, so I can't try it out. I'm using a Danetta's Revenge + Bombardier's Rucksack, because 4 sentries over 2 is a huge improvement dps wise on rift bosses and extra health elites. You can probably use any weapon you want, for me the Revenge + Strongarm is a personal choice.

Anyway, I was trying out different spenders and even a generatorless build. I'm just gonna say I didn't like the generatorless build at all, since it changes the gameplay to be too passive. You're just basically putting out sentries and that's it.

The optimum amount of spenders seemed to be two for me, and as a physical build, I was using CA:SS and Multishot:FB, which seem to be the best bang for the buck. Sucks to lose out on Vengeance, but I feel like those sentries are just shredding everything.

Also, it seems like the sentries cannot proc any effects (I suppose we knew this). Multishot:Suppression Fire doesn't give you discipline nor does the knockback rune from Impale proc Strongarm.

As a funny note, it seems like the spenders have some sort of internal priority. CA was always firing first, no matter what :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dopeyfish-1362/Death/43867457

My plotted upgrade path:

Need a witching hour, a lightning lidless wall. (got one today with 2 items off the needed stats, argh) Then I have to craft an aughild set (without using RROG so i can maintain the 15% unity elite bonus) and reroll a couple things like my SOJ, helm and amulet to maximize DPS

That would make me a top sader (which would be pretty awesome as i am a lightning build)

I am so close yet so far. Witching Hour is impossible to get.

Is there an easy way to tell if % damage or attack speed is better on a weapon? Maybe some sort of simple calculator?

I found a Balefire Caster on my DH that's 2,895.5 DPS with both 7% attack speed and 7% damage. Trying to decide which to reroll into a socket...

eek5

Is there an easy way to tell if % damage or attack speed is better on a weapon? Maybe some sort of simple calculator?

I found a Balefire Caster on my DH that's 2,895.5 DPS with both 7% attack speed and 7% damage. Trying to decide which to reroll into a socket...

They are the same. Do attack speed if you need resource generation, life on hit. Go with dmg if you use channeling skills, huge dmg CDR skills, or really hard hitting single attacks that have the potential to 1-2 shot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Both apply the same damage to the DPS number

Attack speed improves your attacks per second

Damage improves your weapons damage which as a result improves your skill damage (essentially everything increases across the board)

Typically you want damage over attack speed but it really depends on how you want your build... do you want to hit more things or do you want to hit them harder?

(note: i dont play as a DH)

They are the same. Do attack speed if you need resource generation, life on hit. Go with dmg if you use channeling skills, huge dmg CDR skills, or really hard hitting single attacks that have the potential to 1-2 shot.

Both apply the same damage to the DPS number

Attack speed improves your attacks per second

Damage improves your weapons damage which as a result improves your skill damage (essentially everything increases across the board)

Typically you want damage over attack speed but it really depends on how you want your build... do you want to hit more things or do you want to hit them harder?

(note: i dont play as a DH)

Cool thanks guys!

CRA5H

This weekend didn't turn out to be as bad as I was led to believe. Got my Witching Hour, a beautifully rolled MLW, and a few items I can't seem to remember since servers are offline atm. Funny thing is that I ran T3/T4 rifts half the time and I'd say 80% of my leg loot came from T2. It must be just bad luck that T3/T4 had rarely 1 drop per run while T2 easily got me 2/3 legs per rift.

Those damn Vyr gloves... The chest, pants, and boots x2 dropped.. but those damn gloves. The moment I saw green gloves drop, I almost lost it.. then they were firebird's which was my 4th one. That plus Kadala giving me every single glove except for Vyr Gloves is just maddening.

Mumei

It was me~

I found another Jade Harvester's Swiftness, which makes it my third one now.

Everyone's getting their damn 6-piece mara sets...

I hate not knowing how long it's going to take to get the boots...

Set pieces are so easy now....
8 percent chance to get the boots, 1 leg per 300 shards on average.
3600 ish shards to get your boots from kadela, which is nothing.

I need new mara boots too (mine suck) I'll race you to them:p

We need to link up. I've been trying to get either tal's belt, ammy, or source. I'd give up all vyr's, tal's helm/chest, and firebirds helm/pants for any one of the three.

Mumei

I started using Jade Harvester last night, though it's not very good yet. I only have ~29% equipment CC, because my helm, RORG, and amulet all have IAS. And I need to get an Uhkapian with Vit/Int/CC/CDR. I have three so maybe I can roll one of the ones I own already; I haven't checked yet. I'm currently at around 30% CDR between equipment and paragon points. Oh, and I need a better SoJ. My current one doesn't have CD.

I also feel quite squishy, despite Uhkapian and Life Link Dogs. I need more Vitality, I think, but I'm not sure what else is wrong.

... In spite of all my complaints (and more I'm not thinking of, I'm sure), it is hitting somewhere in 150 - 200m range right now.

garath

Yeah. CDR is super valuable with the companion proc as well as laying the sentries. I have 11% from my helm. I'll shift my paragon points next time I play to get some more.

I love that sentries don't proc reflect. That was a change they made awhile ago. Funny fact, I used to use a sentry build before RoS and the old Hellfire ring bosses used the pre-reflect change and sentries proc'd the reflect. It was painful.

So I was running around with the Marauder 6pc yesterday and here's what I found out that worked well for me personally.

I have a physical build with rockets, since I feel that benefits all aspects of the build evenly. Fire could also work, but I don't have the Marauder helmet atm, so I can't try it out. I'm using a Danetta's Revenge + Bombardier's Rucksack, because 4 sentries over 2 is a huge improvement dps wise on rift bosses and extra health elites. You can probably use any weapon you want, for me the Revenge + Strongarm is a personal choice.

Anyway, I was trying out different spenders and even a generatorless build. I'm just gonna say I didn't like the generatorless build at all, since it changes the gameplay to be too passive. You're just basically putting out sentries and that's it.

The optimum amount of spenders seemed to be two for me, and as a physical build, I was using CA:SS and Multishot:FB, which seem to be the best bang for the buck. Sucks to lose out on Vengeance, but I feel like those sentries are just shredding everything.

Also, it seems like the sentries cannot proc any effects (I suppose we knew this). Multishot:Suppression Fire doesn't give you discipline nor does the knockback rune from Impale proc Strongarm.

As a funny note, it seems like the spenders have some sort of internal priority. CA was always firing first, no matter what :p

You're pretty much using the build I was theorizing would be pretty close to optimal. Physical% damage instead of fire to affect the companions as well. The bombadier's rucksack is pretty close to core on the build. The additional sentries make a huge difference.

I also tried it without a generator and I hated it. I'm ok running without prep/punishment but I like keeping my hatred up and doing some CA damage myself. It all adds to the DPS. I can stay alive just find with just vault and range.

It was me~

I found another Jade Harvester's Swiftness, which makes it my third one now.

Thanks again :) That was so awesome of you. Fun group. I got to play a lot longer than I expected. Wife ended up working late. That DH and two WD spam was incredible. I couldnt' tell what was going on half the time lol.

MrDaravon

Also with the sentry quiver you don't need Custom Engineering. This lets you take the Ballistics passive which adds a whole lot of damage when the sentries aren't using Cluster Arrow (I use Spitfire and MS Arsenal which both have rockets).

Even with physical Ballistics is still really good so its a useful passive to take.

Derp, didn't even think about that. Also re-reading my post this morning realized that I completely didn't factor in that you really ideally need a Taskers for the build as well, so Nat set is completely off the table at that point, unless you want to sacrifice a SoJ for a Nat ring or something crazy.

Edit: Okay this is hilarious, apparently The Tall Man's Finger works with some other class skills lol: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/260r27/psa_the_tall_mans_finger_works_with_barb_cota/

These 8 hour maintenance Tuesdays need to go away. Spread out dat maintenance schedule. I was so looking forward to powering through 30+ rifts this morning, but then I remembered it was Tuesday. :(

Boogdud

Haha, just seeing this makes me laugh. "Average" is a dot to me...

I started keeping track of my own stuff and I typically get a legendary every 2000 shards over the past 2 weeks. Of course I average 1 leg per rift with the 100% buff so...

Azulsky

I need to get in a 4 man wd party to up my drop chances for T&T and mojos. Kadala isnt putting out and im tired of all these trifecta magefists.

T5 seemed pretty easy last weekend except for 1 or 2 ridiculous situations

I'm definitely over 6000 shards for the boots. I dumped in 2500 just last night. Did nothing but RIF for 2 hours at one point. I was over 10,000 shards for the Vyr chest on my Wizard before I gave up.

I have a lot of time to play tonight after work so we'll see what happens.

Finally, after weeks of spending shards on nothing but helms, Kadala coughed it up. Party time! Though Carnevil was a lot of fun. Just crossed the 1Mil DPS mark too. Lots to still improve on, but it's all coming together.

KJo455t.jpg

ferr

Yeah. CDR is super valuable with the companion proc as well as laying the sentries. I have 11% from my helm. I'll shift my paragon points next time I play to get some more.

You're pretty much using the build I was theorizing would be pretty close to optimal. Physical% damage instead of fire to affect the companions as well. The bombadier's rucksack is pretty close to core on the build. The additional sentries make a huge difference.

I also tried it without a generator and I hated it. I'm ok running without prep/punishment but I like keeping my hatred up and doing some CA damage myself. It all adds to the DPS. I can stay alive just find with just vault and range.

desverger said:

There are so many options available now for DH. No more of this CA:LFB and nothing else mess.

If two sentries at once is optimal, then rucksack and even custom engineering are irrelevant. Of course if more is better then that's out the window.

The no-generator build does feel way too passive. I feel like without cindercoat+PF (if you use T&T) then your main DPS would be coming from a generator- so hungering arrow + buriza + the HA quiver may be a great option.

ferr

They may be easier- but I've been trying to get mara pants since the patch and so far she's yielded 1 depth diggers. Meanwhile I've found nat boots and mara helm in rifts.

THANKS kadala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom