• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas

I found another Jade Harvester's Swiftness, which makes it my third one now.

When I get my first one I'll make my set, haha.

Got Zuni boots last night from Kadala to get the 3 piece...5 minutes later another pair dropped in a rift lol.

Just need the Jade boots and I'll have all 3 sets done. Wouldn't mind a starmetal but not holding my breath on that one, haha.

Laconic

Banned
I have seen zero evidence of Mara set in my playtime. I am beginning to think it is an ultra rare plan drop, and you all are just having a lark on me. :/

ferr

I have seen zero evidence of Mara set in my playtime. I am beginning to think it is an ultra rare plan drop, and you all are just having a lark on me. :/

What? It IS a plan drop. Most people are getting it from the cow level. If you have at least 500 luck you should have no problem getting the plan, it's the materials that take forever to get. I swear I went through 20 marauder goblins to get just 1 marauder leather. Not to mention the marauder blood you need to get from the insanely rare marauder dragon bosses.

Mumei

When I get my first one I'll make my set, haha.

Got Zuni boots last night from Kadala to get the 3 piece...5 minutes later another pair dropped in a rift lol.

Just need the Jade boots and I'll have all 3 sets done. Wouldn't mind a starmetal but not holding my breath on that one, haha.

I need the Zuni Boots, myself. I have Ring / Chest / Mojo, but I'd prefer to use Boots over Ring. Kirblar was telling me last night that they're supposed to be fixing the issue with Sycophants overwriting FA, so once that happens I'll be glad to have it.

I'm more interested in Jade Harvester right now, though.

Jas

I need the Zuni Boots, myself. I have Ring / Chest / Mojo, but I'd prefer to use Boots over Ring. Kirblar was telling me last night that they're supposed to be fixing the issue with Sycophants overwriting FA, so once that happens I'll be glad to have it.

Nice, the only Zuni I've gotten so far are 2 chests, 2 mojos, and now 2 boots.

I've tried Jade with the Jade helm but definitely want to try it with a quetzalcoatl.

That with the Hwoj Wrap belt looks like it would be fun.

J0dy77

What? It IS a plan drop. Most people are getting it from the cow level. If you have at least 500 luck you should have no problem getting the plan, it's the materials that take forever to get. I swear I went through 20 marauder goblins to get just 1 marauder leather. Not to mention the marauder blood you need to get from the insanely rare marauder dragon bosses.

This was good. +1

Side note: wish my in game name was my Gaf name. Feel like I'm talking to a lot of people that I'm not sure who they are. My in game name is Kynes. Any way you can change a GAF name?

DSmalls84

Yeah I have all of that set but the ring. It was an awesome set before the patch bugged it. I'm still trying to find a Starmetal/Physical Bracers so I can switch back once it gets fixed.

Celegus

This was good. +1

Side note: wish my in game name was my Gaf name. Feel like I'm talking to a lot of people that I'm not sure who they are. My in game name is Kynes. Any way you can change a GAF name?

I've seen it done before, maybe try contacting a mod? I agree that it does get confusing when people's battle.net name and GAF name don't match. Good thing mine does!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
This was good. +1

Everyone can change their battletag once (for free). It's in the battle.net account options, pretty quick to do. For GAF accounts, PM a mod.

As old-fashioned as the birth year suffix is, it does help when it comes to creating a user name that's consistent across multiple platforms.

You can get a mod to change your GAF name apparently. I tried once but I think the mod just ignored me.

I'm "jim2point0" in Diablo 3 and just about everywhere else on the internets.

Mumei

This was good. +1

Send a PM to a moderator! And a different one if the first one forgets to respond to you!

And yeah, sometimes I'm playing with someone and I don't recognize the name... and I don't know if it's because I just don't recognize them or if they aren't using the same name.

Im at 9200 for the crusader pants, dat rng

rng is always going to fuck unlucky people over :(
if only there these types of games had a way to trade among players, why no arpg dev has ever thought of this before idk.
Here's my barb now :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/grosbill-1217/hero/1468398

I'm doing T4 fine but things I know I need to improve are :

Better unity
Better RoRG (the one I have is prety bad)
Better earth gloves
Better bracers craft
Better shoulders craft

Ideally a much better axe since mine is rather terrible

I should also probably switch sprint for battlerag
Any thoughts?
swap ruthless for supertition, it's the best barb passive by FAR (endless fury while standing in ground effects and a massive survivability boost)
swap arreat rune on leap for the 3sec stun one (you don't have strongarm bracers anyhow and even if you do you want to use seismic slam with the knock up rune instead of hota)

Also reroll that vit on the cindercoat into quake dmg :) big damage boost

I would not swap out sprint, the mobility > a bit of extra dmg especially since the quakes overkill the shit out of white mobs anyhow
I would personally swap out witching hour for chilnak's chain because the extra mobility is incredibly and quake spec means stacking cooldown reduction which makes the uptime on the runspeed very high (and it stacks with sprint), but that is a matter of preference.

if you haven't already, put paragon points into cooldown reduction

You have the gear for t6, the only problem is ground effects being bugged and doing massive dmg atm:\ I'm not touching my barb until they fix it (no rush blizzard you probably have more important things to do like nerf that WD ring or something because people might have fun with it)

Boogdud

rng is always going to fuck unlucky people over :(
if only there these types of games had a way to trade among players, why no arpg dev has ever thought of this before idk.

You say that, but what exactly is a person like me (with bottom of the barrel rng luck) going to do with item trading? I can't get a bad drop, let alone something that would be worth trading...

I already go for 5 rifts before a single drop, the thought of them adding trading (and let's be honest, in turn nerfing the already shit drop rate) chills me to the core.

Lain

I'd love to get a Stone of Jordan with %fire for that side Fire equip I'm trying to build up, but I keep getting them with cold. Now i'm up to 5 rings, 6 considering the one I destroyed and 4 of them have been cold.
8IL.jpg

7IL.jpg

I found a Shi Mizu's Haori, which seems interesting to try something with, though I don't have the toughness to run around with my health that low, and another Vyr chest, this one with 3 sockets already. Should I try to reroll the int to something a bit higher on the Vyr, or just keep it that way?.

Also managed to get a 95% crit damage on the Haunt of Vaxo neck, and a 93% on the Moonlight Ward. I've been switching them around and finding that both of them are pretty good, though I can't decide which one I prefer to use. Vaxo is a bit annoying since I have to use the Paralysis passive along with the Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect, though it makes it proc pretty consistently, so I guess that's good.

Kadala still doesn't want to cough a pair of Frostburn gloves, making me sad.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Kadala still doesn't want to cough a pair of Frostburn gloves, making me sad.

I actually got Frostburn gloves this weekend... with dex since they dropped for my monk.

It seems like it has to be a cold skill for it to work - chill effect from water ally doesn't count, and the cold rune on sweeping wind doesn't work either (probably due to having no proc chance), so I don't think it's worth it from what I've seen so far. It might be ok with crippling wave:Tsunami since it's a big AoE on that third attack, but I would be giving up the spirit from rising tide which was feeding CS+EP.

Taz

Set pieces are so easy now....
8 percent chance to get the boots, 1 leg per 300 shards on average.
3600 ish shards to get your boots from kadela, which is nothing.

I need new mara boots too (mine suck) I'll race you to them:p

Talking about this I took me around 2000 to get Zuni chest , 100 for Zuni mojo and 5 for Zuni boots RNG god were with me but now I'm at 11.000 ish and still no Tasker and Theos I'm about to give up after reading that it took some people 30.000 to get there's.

Talking about this I took me around 2000 to get Zuni chest , 100 for Zuni mojo and 5 for Zuni boots RNG god were with me but now I'm at 11.000 ish and still no Tasker and Theos I'm about to give up after reading that it took some people 30.000 to get there's.

tasker and theo is far more rare than setpieces
2 percent chance only
it took me 12-15k shards to get mine and that was quite lucky

Jas

If you want to go pets they're worth it.

Took me 5000 shards to get my first pair, they didn't have any crit on them but was able to get 49% crit damage on them by re-rolling.

Tested them on T6 Ghom, my kill time without them using trifecta gladiator gauntlets was 20-25 seconds at the time. I put the Taskers on my kill time dropped to 10-15 seconds.

I've been lucky since then and had another pair drop in a rift that I was able to get a trifecta on.

Celegus

tasker and theo is far more rare than setpieces
2 percent chance only
it took me 12-15k shards to get mine and that was quite lucky

I think I used up all my WD-Kadala luck getting a T&T and Mask of Jeram in the same 500 shards, since I haven't gotten anything from her since. That's pretty much the extent of my WD build, haven't found much else for her.

She also gave my barb a decent T&T. It's fun messing around with that and CotA, though not very practical without IK set.

StMeph

Current gear/spec: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Somnambulic-1143/hero/47510737

- Need to get 2 more Akarat (targetting shoulders + boots -- ugh)
- Craft Captain Crimsons belt + pants (need more mats, but should be easy)
- Bring back Reaper's Wraps (have)

Expected spec: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#lYdQfX!aWeS!cbbZbZ

It seems like the key to everything is the Akarat 6-piece bonus. I can't move away from a lot of abilities without it.

Anything I might be missing or should change instead?

cdyhybrid

Found a Blade of Prophecy with no STR, no socket, and a basically minimum damage roll

ಠ_ಠ

I did manage to craft an Aughild's bracer with 2/3 of the stats I need! Now to roll it to get CC and roll my Andariel's to Holy damage.

Celegus

I know that feel.

I found an Odyn Son the other day with no STR and no socket.

I've found 5 of those so far! Thankfully I did finally get one with strength, then rolled a socket first try. I get those things all the time, wish I could find the Axe of Senkis though.

Dammit. Today's hotfixes did NOT include fixing the OP ground effects.

My squishy wizard cries. Guess I have to keep using the 'ignore durability loss' shoulders :(

Boogdud

I've found 5 of those so far! Thankfully I did finally get one with strength, then rolled a socket first try. I get those things all the time, wish I could find the Axe of Senkis though.

How many hours do you guys put into the game a day? Most of these things you guys are searching for 'better stats' on and have farmed multiples of, I've never even seen once. I see guys with mutiple multiple RoRG's/TFs/you name it's, and I'm quite literally lucky to see another pair of depth diggers or skywarden for the 50th time, in a typical play session.

I usually put in 3-4 hours a night into the game except on weekends where I can do more, and I'm starting to think I'm just a lightweight and I need to forget about getting anything decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom