• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Does OD always go mid because he's good at it or because he needs it? His essence aura skill sounds like it would be pretty decent in a dual lane with someone like Lina. Is he considered a hard carry? I would have thought he'd have problems against magic immunity late game.

He's incredibly good mid, and as a result he's a ridiculous mid-game carry. Magic immunity counters him, but if the game is accelerating properly they shouldn't have a chance to get more then one or two BKB's up

Xater

972054_479216175501374_1161469226_n.jpg

LGD-Girls line-up:
叶梓萱 "yoyiki.Una" (Manager)
赵洁 "Leah" (Captain)
李静媛 "Mint"
胡雅菁 "MiAO"
蒋琦 "rAnee"
姜雪 "Peach"

maybe I am cynical as fuck but I somehow doubt that all of them have been chosen because of how well they play.

Does OD always go mid because he's good at it or because he needs it? His essence aura skill sounds like it would be pretty decent in a dual lane with someone like Lina. Is he considered a hard carry? I would have thought he'd have problems against magic immunity late game.

It's because his kit is designed to crush, and I mean crush, in 1v1 matchups, and mid is the most reliable 1v1 laning matchup.

ksan

How big is this channel in Sweden?

I think practically everyone has it, and it's a pretty popular channel among teenagers/people in their 20s, showing tv-shows/sports aimed at that group.

edit: actually everyone might have it, it's a free channel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV6_(Sweden)

edit2: Apparently it's for the two last days.
It's quite big though, the first time a large commercial channel has picked up esports and shown it on broadcasted tv. (we had some dreamhack coverage on public television before)

maybe I am cynical as fuck but I somehow doubt that all of them have been chosen because of how well they play.

You don't actually see them in the game you know, this isn't some joke like lingerie football.
If they are shit they would just become a laughing stock, seems counter productive to me.

Xater

You don't actually see them in the game you know, this isn't some joke like lingerie football.
If they are shit they would just become a laughing stock, seems counter productive to me.

You never know! I never doubt that someone or something in gaming can be sexist and or trying to exploit lonely guys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dota2wh seems to now be carrying player cards. Got 7 teams complete, should hopefully be able to get that crab later toady.

Nice, how many cards is a common worth?

one card is 100 points....Commons are like 30 at best for trade in.

Has Valve hinted at what hoops they're going to make us jump through for the rest of the upgraded Smeevil couriers? I'm tempted to just buy sets of keys and trade for whatever other items they'll put out to upgrade the smeevil. I want the mammoth smeevil but somehow I think Valve is going to make me spend a ridiculous amount of time to get it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow thats a lot less than I expected, people were eagerly trading 1-2 cards for commons when this whole thing started

Looking at trading sites, most cards tend to go for an uncommon each. I think the reason they were cheaper before is they didn't do anything at the time.

Wow thats a lot less than I expected, people were eagerly trading 1-2 cards for commons when this whole thing started

It's not the ideal way to get cards honestly. You probably would find better deals off dota lounge or other trading sites but it would just take more work. At the same time though, as I'm writing this, you can easily pick up LGD.int for 500 points which is slightly less than what you normally get for trading in a run of the mill rare.

I generally don't like dealing with DOTA2WH though as they take a pretty substantial cut for trading in stuff. I guess this allows them to buy their own inventory to sell?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to make a team with people I haven't gotten the cards for yet. The community seems to think they are great players, since they are eating up the cards for them, so lets see if psudo-aggregate stats work.

cardpeople.jpg

(Last players is Goblak, not sure why he didn't save)

Sell virtual steam cards, get fantasy teams. Seems like a sound investment.

KingKong

I'm curious if they'll keep dropping cards after TI3. They could still have compendium matches for the next few months using TI3 games, or make the cards sellable on the marketplace or something

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
when I get player cards am I supposed to go to the backpack, right click, and add to Compendium?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok so I have been going back and forth about incorporating Midas into my builds for heroes. You generally want to get it if you know your farm is going to be slow in the early game right? Like for example, let's say you go safe lane Skelly King Radiant side with a support. You know your laning might be contested if you deal with a ranged combo so would getting a Midas to jungle while the support is holding off the push be viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom