• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

That's my point though, you can't do that. You can't take the gems from these new items for instance and put them in a different item to keep the effects. So it's really rather pointless overall.

You can though. It's just confusing. The gem gives the custom animation. The item gives the spell effect.

The axe item doesn't have a gem because the animation is the same. The item gives call a different spell effect, but the animation doesn't change.

The CM item gives an altered spell effect for her Q, the gem in the item gives a different cast animation for he ulti... But the spell effect for the ulti remains the same... She just spins around differently while casting it.

So if you take the gem out the ulti animation reverts but the spell effect for the Q remains tied to the Hat.

Wait a week. Price will go down fast.

Hey FlutterPuffs, didn't realise you were a Dota guy

Since you love us Liverpool fans so much, you can join in with any of the footy-gaf game I'd like to get going :p

Having a lot of fun playing, I feel bad for being such an albatross aroun my team's neck though,since I'm truly dreadful. Got the basic item and control play down, but still making massive errors, like going on the offensive too early and running headfirst into a gank, attacking too early with carries before levelling up sufficiently, wasting an Ultimate before certain death, meaning it's cooldown runs well into my next run, ignoring certain abilities in favour of offensive ones, following teammates rather than controlling a section/lane. Really basic stuff that just evacuates my mind in the heat of battle.

Using Sand King is a lot of fun, especially when the creeps explode, taking their peers with them :D

Radec

11386-dota2_warlock01.png

11387-dota2_warlock02.png

wat

Hey FlutterPuffs, didn't realise you were a Dota guy

Since you love us Liverpool fans so much, you can join in with any of the footy-gaf game I'd like to get going :p

Having a lot of fun playing, I feel bad for being such an albatross aroun my team's neck though,since I'm truly dreadful. Got the basic item and control play down, but still making massive errors, like going on the offensive too early and running headfirst into a gank, attacking too early with carries before levelling up sufficiently, wasting an Ultimate before certain death, meaning it's cooldown runs well into my next run, ignoring certain abilities in favour of offensive ones, following teammates rather than controlling a section/lane. Really basic stuff that just evacuates my mind in the heat of battle.

Using Sand King is a lot of fun, especially when the creeps explode, taking their peers with them :D
lols I would, but remember that I am playing from SEA so my average ping to EU is around 200 ms. Don't mind trying out once I've recovered from this flu though. I'll send you a PM with my Steam acc. url.

Also, try Wraith King, and Zeus.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wait a week. Price will go down fast.

With items like these, prices will go up for quite awhile, and then slowly tread back down. Nothing is going to beat today's prices immediately after they released though. That's the trend with 99% of "limited" dota items.

Thanks. By the way, some of the items are Runique, others are normal. Any idea why?

All of them come inscribed with at least 1 gem (some have 2), hence the orange color. Some are normal because people took out the gem(s) and sell them.

Acinixys

ihSzHVu.png

Explain this bullshit. Why.

M m m m m more crits?

MORE CRITZ!

But for people who though Warlocks staff was shit:

Custom Upheaval Effect
Custom Upheaval Debuff Effect
Custom Rain of Chaos Effect
Custom Fatal Bonds Effect
Custom Shadow Word Effect
Custom Upheaval Ability Icon
Custom Idle, Idle Rare, Loadout, Portrait, Run, Attack, Ability, Flail, Death and Spawn Animations
Idle Animations Include Rock, Paper and Scissor Gesture Animations

ZeroX03

Banned
Sold my Immortals and just purchased Fluttering Mortis because it's the only one I want. But it looks really out of place on my Death Prophet, is there any plans to add items that would match it?

KScorp

Sold 12 boxes and got each item individually, ended up with $4 remaining
minus $40 for the compendium.
Should probably have waited a week before buying though.

Do items randomly get extra free sockets when they drop?

Zeknurn

Is feeding 5 kills to a solo Phoenix in five minutes and building Pipe, Atos, Force Staff a legit strategy for Drow?

What a waste of time. I wish I could just leave games with idiots like these in it.

FACE

Banned
Guys, Angel's Tournament has really upped the Ante for season 2. $50. 50 UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN DOLLARS!

You can get an hour of coaching from Purge with all that money!

everyone should play pa

she can be super aggressive even at the most early levels

is a carry

can still get last hits if the lane sucks

has pretty wide open item choices

whats not to like

granted one of her skills is made totally useless by a somewhat common late game item pickup but hey so what

What sort of build do you recommend for killing people early?

Damn, Pudge smashed us to pieces. He ended up on like 30-1, 2,500HP, killing every single one of us in no more than 3 hits. Combined with Blink Dagger, oof.

Falk

that puzzling face
lols I would, but remember that I am playing from SEA so my average ping to EU is around 200 ms. Don't mind trying out once I've recovered from this flu though. I'll send you a PM with my Steam acc. url.

Also, try Wraith King, and Zeus.

Jesus, I remember the good old HoN beta days when a bunch of us would go to a LAN cafe and then play with 300+ms to the only servers they had, with no tunnelling. Even WC3's inbuilt 'latency' was more bearable.

Never again.

Jex

[A] banning Doom and Enchantress first, the fear is real, but this leaves Batrider open.

Edit: And they go full rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom