• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Can you get the ocularum shards in the collesium area you unlock in the empris de lion without disturbing the "wildlife" there?

So am I basically fucked? I'm fighting the boss at the end of Winter hearts and have no HP potions and my party is all injured. This is complete horse shit that they have no supply crates in this entire fucking level. Complete horse shit because now I am completey fucked.

There are supply crates in the servants quarters for sure.

Anyway. Dude, from your posts in this thread it doesn't sound like you're having any fun at all. It's okay to stop

I'm not underleveled. I didn't know earlier on I could requip my stuff and basically used all my HP potions, and I've been in a ton of fights since then...I am fucked aren't I? It's just complete horse shit why they would force you to do this. I have to restart the entire fucking game now. Thanks to Biowares genius idea to get rid of healing.
You can reload the milestone save from before you started the quest you're on. You don't have to restart the whole game.

Lyng

I'm not underleveled. I didn't know earlier on I could requip my stuff and basically used all my HP potions, and I've been in a ton of fights since then...I am fucked aren't I? It's just complete horse shit why they would force you to do this. I have to restart the entire fucking game now. Thanks to Biowares genius idea to get rid of healing.

Are you sure you are not going after the wrong thing? Dont confuse the snowy wyvern with the highdragon that is in the same area.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So at what point in the main story is the final romance scene/trophy pop? Cuz I only have the last mission and a quick look on youtube has some scene with Sera
about a dream or something
and I never got that. I did the pranks/both quests/committed etc I even
agreed mythal was nonsense after the mission
like apparently have to but I never got that scene.

So at what point in the main story is the final romance scene/trophy pop? Cuz I only have the last mission and a quick look on youtube has some scene with Sera
about a dream or something
and I never got that. I did the pranks/both quests/committed etc I even
agreed mythal was nonsense after the mission
like apparently have to but I never got that scene.

You mean the sex scene? Cause I got mine for Dorian before I even finished Here Lies The Abyss. Maybe your overall approval wasn't high enough.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
No I had the first romance scene
Shaved something funny into my crotch
had a lil dialogue then it cut to black. There's supposed to be another scene after(mentioned above) you commit to her but it never played. I'm pretty sure I did everything right and the correct order. Seems it's fairly common for her arch to get messed up.

Fake edit: And just as I type this up while going through her back story dialogue again the scene shows up lol

Weird I'm sure I went through her whole tree before. Oh well think I'm set now. There's one final scene before/during the last mission too right?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Can you get the ocularum shards in the collesium area you unlock in the empris de lion without disturbing the "wildlife" there?

No the wildlife is right there next to the skull on a stick. So it won't let you look until you dispatch said wildlife.

Are you sure you are not going after the wrong thing? Dont confuse the snowy wyvern with the highdragon that is in the same area.

Pretty sure he's talking about Wicked Eyes Wicked Hearts story mission.

Raxious

Finished the game on normal last night, 45 hours and got every trophy except for the Nightmare run.

I went archer / assassin this run, considering mage / KE for the next one.

Yeah, that is such a bad design decision. Luckily I had a save just a few minutes before the first fight so I could resupply, get rid of the rift and fight the Grand Duchess afterwards. But it is a pretty stupid thing to do by Bioware.

Raxious

The first time you equip your weapons and you have to
inspect the body
The game actually informs you that you can and should equip your gear again. And there are supply boxes in that area.

TheYanger

The design decision to tell you to put your gear on that you ignored? The supply crates that are everywhere? The fact that you can just load a save from right before that segment (which the game creates specially for you, even though you should also just make more saves as an RPG staple anyway). Come on.

TheYanger

Gonna go tidy up some quests and finish some stuff off. Has anyone found a party/skill setup that is completely OP yet?

Many.

Knight Enchanters and any form of Warrior are easy to make completely invincible, and Tempests can basically one shot anything in the game (I actually had to auto attack the last boss to death because otherwise I broke the scripting).

Since you have party members of every class, you can pick your poison on what you want to abuse, if anything.
I personally was a bow tempest and I had Sera as a tempest as well. I cleared every rift with 2 moves.

Raxious

Many.

Knight Enchanters and any form of Warrior are easy to make completely invincible, and Tempests can basically one shot anything in the game (I actually had to auto attack the last boss to death because otherwise I broke the scripting).

Since you have party members of every class, you can pick your poison on what you want to abuse, if anything.
I personally was a bow tempest and I had Sera as a tempest as well. I cleared every rift with 2 moves.

That's pretty OP xD even as a archer / assassin I still had to do some work.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? I'm not that far into the game, let's say I'm level 9 or something. This world is huge, which is a good thing, but do I seriously need to do some shitty sidequests to continue the main quest? So that I have enough "power"? That's pretty shitty. Close the rifts is getting very old, very fast. And 7 chances out of 10 it's a rift with enemies double my level, which is just a complete waste of time since I die ridiculously fast.

I'm really not feeling this game at the moment and that sucks, because I love RPG's and I adore open world games.

TheYanger

That's pretty OP xD even as a archer / assassin I still had to do some work.

http://www.twitch.tv/theyanger/c/5789743

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? I'm not that far into the game, let's say I'm level 9 or something. This world is huge, which is a good thing, but do I seriously need to do some shitty sidequests to continue the main quest? So that I have enough "power"? That's pretty shitty. Close the rifts is getting very old, very fast. And 7 chances out of 10 it's a rift with enemies double my level, which is just a complete waste of time since I die ridiculously fast.

I'm really not feeling this game at the moment and that sucks, because I love RPG's and I adore open world games.

You can get power in all sorts of ways, just do requisitions or something if it's bothering you, or go to another zone and just do main quests. I finished the game with over 300 'spare' power. You have 0 need to do even 1/5th of the quests if you don't want to, so certainly don't do the most tedious ones.

Auctopus

Not always an option for some people but I've discovered this after racing through the 2/4 of the game, just enjoy the pace of the game. After a significant moment in the story, the urgency of the Inquisitor's Path will be removed slightly and there won't be dissonance between "Oh my god, the world is going to blow up" and just enjoying exploring the world. However, there is some repetition in every land, sadly.

TheYanger

Damn. Kinda tempted to do a tempest run for Nightmare, but I'd rather have more survivability. And also try a different class.

Well, but that's REALLY the point isn't it? Do what is fun. If you seriously get tired and need to 'break' the game momentarily you have every single specialization covered by a companion, so it really doesn't matter what you play. 2 tempests was nice because I could abuse that more often, but 1 was all I needed for any single mob including dragons. So what's the worst that could happen? Similarly you've got knight enchanters and all forms of warriors if you just want something that never dies, worst case scenario you play as a follower for a bit.

TheYanger

I've always used Sera as an archer, but after seeing this dual-daggers is definitely worth trying.

edit: wait, that's not related at all to the weapon used, but I will try to respec her anyway

It actually is stronger with bows, since it's based on weapon damage, I just gave her daggers so as not to compete with me for loot and never respecced her.

The way abilities and damage ranges and DPS interact is very much like something like vanilla wow, which I think frustrates a lot of people when they look at a weapon and see '500 dps!' (my daggers are that) vs a 200 dps 2h axe, yet the axe will still be better. Because DPS really only affects your autoattack damage while the actual damage per hit affects everything else. In this case, my 16,000% weapon damage attack shines a hell of a lot more with my 250 dps bow than her 500 dps daggers. (in that video it was not the stuff I eventually had, by the time I finished I could basically spam 4000 damage crits with that).

TLDR: dps is important in that it is a function of damage partly, but your actual damage done per hit is much more important for special attacks which represent vastly mroe of your actual DPS in the game than just attacking does. Ergo slower weapons are inherantly better, so faster weapons have SIGNIFICANTLY higher dps to balance things.

Is 2H reaver even viable? Everyone says how OP and cool it is but, it really isn't. Devour is useless, and dragons rage drains my HP stupidly fast when nothing is around and when there are enemies around I'm dead almost instantly. Any advice?

That's annoying. I can understand more so why PS4 and PC can't play together (not really tbh), but PS4 and PS3 are at least on the same network.

I wish games would stop this stuff where different platforms can't play with each other. I only know of a few games that actually allow cross-platform play (mainly FFXI/FFXIV, and I think Portal 2).

Ricker

Missing one damn type of seed to have them all...wonder where it is...

No more quests on the War table,my Rogue Assassin is level 23...after I kill the 3 last Dragon left,guess I'll start that last story quest.

jgwhiteus

Missing one damn type of seed to have them all...wonder where it is...

No more quests on the War table,my Rogue Assassin is level 23...after I kill the 3 last Dragon left,guess I'll start that last story quest.

I think I read that Deathroot seeds are bugged and are unobtainable at this time, so you'll be left at 18/19 - is that the one you're missing (third spot on the common seeds list)?

Kind of the same way other collection / completion quests are bugged - you can only get 11/12 pieces of the Hinterland mosaic, 20/21 Exalted Plains regions, etc.

Ricker

I have Deathroots,hell I stopped picking them up but I dont remember if they show on the plant seed in Skyhold...I'll check later which one I am missing on the rare or common list...

EDIT: Yep,third one in the Common line...got Deathroots but never got the seed...probably in the same region where there's a ton of them,I look around there a bit...thanks.

Melchiah

It actually is stronger with bows, since it's based on weapon damage, I just gave her daggers so as not to compete with me for loot and never respecced her.

The way abilities and damage ranges and DPS interact is very much like something like vanilla wow, which I think frustrates a lot of people when they look at a weapon and see '500 dps!' (my daggers are that) vs a 200 dps 2h axe, yet the axe will still be better. Because DPS really only affects your autoattack damage while the actual damage per hit affects everything else. In this case, my 16,000% weapon damage attack shines a hell of a lot more with my 250 dps bow than her 500 dps daggers. (in that video it was not the stuff I eventually had, by the time I finished I could basically spam 4000 damage crits with that).

TLDR: dps is important in that it is a function of damage partly, but your actual damage done per hit is much more important for special attacks which represent vastly mroe of your actual DPS in the game than just attacking does. Ergo slower weapons are inherantly better, so faster weapons have SIGNIFICANTLY higher dps to balance things.

o_O Where can you find one, or schematics for such a weapon? My daggers, and Sulevin blade, were at best 330-350DPS.

Pimpwerx

Gonna go tidy up some quests and finish some stuff off. Has anyone found a party/skill setup that is completely OP yet?

Knight Enchanters and Warriors are great tanks. My main is a KE, so I run a party of:

Me (KE), Blackwall, Cole and Solas. I was controlling Cole primarily for most of my fights, until I finally unlocked KE on my main and gave spirit blade a try. Now I pretty much just run headlong into any fight, even dragons, and whack away with the sword. Anything small enough I hit with the bubble to speed things up. Oh yeah, I run +5 guard on all my armor. That really helps.

If I wanted to just run around wrecking shit and never dying, I'd probably go two KEs and two warriors and ignore everything else. I use Solas because I like the rift mage meteor strike, but honestly, he's the weakest member of the group. I think I'd be better running my main, Vivienne, Blackwall and Cassandra. I think sword+shield is best since it allows each warrior to carry three items with special effects instead of two. With a party like this, I think you can just run around smashing stuff without having to worry about healing or even micromanaging. Two KEs with their focus abilities would make the crew indestructible since everyone would be in close quarters melee anyway.

I'm really struggling to figure out what I want to do with my main when I try running through on nightmare. I like using an assassin, as the moves are fun, but I just know dual KEs and dual warriors is the most OP combo for me, so I might be better off going mage again. PEACE.

End game question:

I did the operation to bring Samson to Skyhold to judge him, but the option to judge isn't showing up. Is it too late since I've finished the game?

Melchiah

My daggers are 500 dps as well, high tier schematic with all tier 4 materials

Ah, I mostly used those unique daggers you come across, and the best one I could make was about 330DPS, without a rune attached.

End game question:

I did the operation to bring Samson to Skyhold to judge him, but the option to judge isn't showing up. Is it too late since I've finished the game?

Did you do the one available in the war room? I did it before the end of the story though.

cormack12

Gold Member
OK, more questions. I'm level 11 and just got to
Skyhold

First question - in my party it seems well balanced. Only issue I have is Sera who is specced everything under archery is just drawing aggro and she only lasts about 1 min before dying. She uses all the parties health potions. Anything I can do to fix this quickly? I really like her banter.....

Second question - Can I respec myself or my default party members? e.g. I think now I don't need dispell on my mage, and I use Varric as dual wield rogue so his point in archery seems moot (especially as I have Sera tearing it up).

Third and final question - My tactical camera is fucked I think? I highlight party member and highlight new place. I then highlight someone else in the party and the first highlighted path disappears?? And then no-one ends up moving and the battle is just chaotic.....
That demon night thing at Haven fucked me over twice just because I couldn't get Dorain and Sera out the way somewhere :/

Actually I do have one more question that's specific quest related -
In the desert lands there's a quest to open up some doors and I was short on shards. Problem was I'd already collected 12/15 from that region. So now the quest registers I need 3/6 more shards - do others from different regions count towards the total? Because I already have loads in the bank .......

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
OK, more questions. I'm level 11 and just got to
Skyhold

First question - in my party it seems well balanced. Only issue I have is Sera who is specced everything under archery is just drawing aggro and she only lasts about 1 min before dying. She uses all the parties health potions. Anything I can do to fix this quickly? I really like her banter.....

Second question - Can I respec myself or my default party members? e.g. I think now I don't need dispell on my mage, and I use Varric as dual wield rogue so his point in archery seems moot (especially as I have Sera tearing it up).

Third and final question - My tactical camera is fucked I think? I highlight party member and highlight new place. I then highlight someone else in the party and the first highlighted path disappears?? And then no-one ends up moving and the battle is just chaotic.....
That demon night thing at Haven fucked me over twice just because I couldn't get Dorain and Sera out the way somewhere :/

Actually I do have one more question that's specific quest related -
In the desert lands there's a quest to open up some doors and I was short on shards. Problem was I'd already collected 12/15 from that region. So now the quest registers I need 3/6 more shards - do others from different regions count towards the total? Because I already have loads in the bank .......

1) Draw aggro with 2 warriors or run with 2 mages until you can unlock more of her stealth tree. Eventually, they won't be able to find her before they're all dead.

2) Yes, the blacksmith at your home base sell respec amulets. Anybody can use them.

3) Tactical camera is broken for everybody.

4) Shards from all areas count toward opening those doors.

So I need some help.

I've bought the Superior Battlemaster Armor Schematic from the Hissing Wastes, but there is no masterwork slot? Is there a quest I have to do to unlock it?

Edit: figured it out :))

mikeGFG

Banned
How is the game for PC now?

I bought it on release and was met with cutscene hitching, an unsatisfactory tactical camera (two cursors... what the hell), and auto-attack.

Demon Ice

Banned

There is literally a pop up that says you can re-equip your gear. And there are supply caches throughout the area. And the game autosaves at several points throughout the quest, you can reload any of those. You can also adjust the difficulty at any point in the game.

How is the game for PC now?

I bought it on release and was met with cutscene hitching, an unsatisfactory tactical camera (two cursors... what the hell), and auto-attack.

been playing it since launch. fine to me.

only one bug I encountered during a mission (key NPC disappeared)

Is knight enchanter still OP???

God I hope so. Every breach on this nightmare run is a prayer that the tank holds agro and the pots last.

I can't imagine fighting the damn dragons.

Holy shit. So I just randomly got bored of playing as my mage (which isn't that fun tbh) and switched to Varric (rogue) and... wow, he's SO much more fun to play as! I made him a dagger rogue and the abilities are so fun and I feel so much more powerful as him. Do mages just suck or do I not have good spells yet? :/ Or maybe not suck, but I feel like they aren't fun to use right now.

Top Bottom