• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

jgwhiteus

You can fast forward the time by changing the time forward on your console/pc.
Gotta agree on some of the side quests. Searching for shards and collecting them in each area gets old real quick.

Thank you for this - no way I was gonna wait 14 hours for some quests to finish. Yeah I feel dumb advancing the clock, playing the game and saving the results, then exiting out and resetting the clock again, but that's better than actually waiting several hours.

Honestly, I'm kind of confused by... the point of having timed war table quests, gameplay-wise. It seems like a weird carryover from mobile / F2P mechanics, except there aren't any microtransactions or items to make things go faster, and it creates weird incentives for players ("I'm actually not going to play this game for a day while I wait for the clock to run").

Also, does anyone know if there are differences in the plot / outcomes based on who you choose to complete War Table quests, in addition to the time differences? Like, does choosing Cullen vs. Leliana vs. Josephine lead to better / worse outcomes? One major example sticks in my mind (later game spoilers)
I used Josephine for the Grey Wardens missions, but the mission report basically indicated they were all killed off in defeating Darkspawn and would no longer be available. Would I have gotten a better result if I'd used Leliana or Cullen? I usually don't read the reports too closely but I felt a bit bad about that one.

Xeteh

Just bite the bullet, fuck the Origins crowd, and do it.

I want to be pissed at this comment because Origins is one of my favorite games but I feel like they already did this but half-assed it. The combat in DA2 was a huge change already from Origins... this just takes it further away. That is fine, I loved Dragon's Dogma and combat was fun in that game. If DA:I had done that, I'd be cool with it.

My issue (and I've said it a few times) is that the AI in DA:I is super dumb and having gutted the tactics system makes it even worse. It becomes frustrating for me watching my team make dumb choice after dumb choice and then the tactical camera not giving me the options I want.

I'd be happier if they took it to one extreme or the other. Either make it full on action or go back to Origins' more tactical approach. I love DA:I... I've been having so much fun with it but after nearly 2 full playthroughs and numerous characters I don't think I can say I enjoy the combat, hopefully something changes in DA4 whenever that happens (please don't rush the next game, EA... use DA2 for reference).

Also, does anyone know if there are differences in the plot / outcomes based on who you choose to complete War Table quests, in addition to the time differences? Like, does choosing Cullen vs. Leliana vs. Josephine lead to better / worse outcomes? One major example sticks in my mind (later game spoilers)
I used Josephine for the Grey Wardens missions, but the mission report basically indicated they were all killed off in defeating Darkspawn and would no longer be available. Would I have gotten a better result if I'd used Leliana or Cullen? I usually don't read the reports too closely but I felt a bit bad about that one.

I can't speak for that mission specifically but who you pick does influence several missions' outcomes. Some might give you a different item others might prevent you from proceeding to the next war table mission. Choosing who completes a mission fastest isn't always the right choice.

Here (War Table spoilers) is a known list of outcomes to most of the missions (I can't say it is all of them because I'm not sure, but it seems to be accurate). At worst most missions might give you a different/no reward depending who you pick to handle it but some will actually conclude a questline and you won't be able to follow up.

Knight-Enchanter really is ridiculous - the class pretty much handles all combat types simultaneously. Can do serious melee attacks / tanking, then targeted ranged attacks, then single-target magic, then AoE spells, all while generating never-ending guard / barrier and zooming around the battlefield.

I mean, I'm enjoying playing it, but now I can't imagine playing other classes ("What do you mean I can't cast a Chain Lightning attack right after swinging my sword?")

Yup.

1. Cast spell at long range.
2. Fade Step to melee range.
3. Spam Spirit Blade.
4. Fade Step away from enemies.
5. ???
6. Go back to Step 1... and profit!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I want to be pissed at this comment because Origins is one of my favorite games but I feel like they already did this but half-assed it. The combat in DA2 was a huge change already from Origins... this just takes it further away. That is fine, I loved Dragon's Dogma and combat was fun in that game. If DA:I had done that, I'd be cool with it.

My issue (and I've said it a few times) is that the AI in DA:I is super dumb and having gutted the tactics system makes it even worse. It becomes frustrating for me watching my team make dumb choice after dumb choice and then the tactical camera not giving me the options I want.

I'd be happier if they took it to one extreme or the other. Either make it full on action or go back to Origins' more tactical approach. I love DA:I... I've been having so much fun with it but after nearly 2 full playthroughs and numerous characters I don't think I can say I enjoy the combat, hopefully something changes in DA4 whenever that happens (please don't rush the next game, EA... use DA2 for reference).

This is kinda what I wanted to get it, even though I disliked Origin's combat system despite being a huge fan of isometric RPGs. Inquisition just feels nothing like it, or like an extremely gutted version masquerading as Origins. Like, I can't comprehend a big Origins fans going "OH THIS IS AWESOME, EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED". It's not Origins. So either make it exactly like Origins, as Origins was, or fuck it; make it an action RPG. Make it awesome on either end of the spectrum, not some blurry in between.

Xeteh

This is kinda what I wanted to get it, even though I disliked Origin's combat system despite being a huge fan of isometric RPGs. Inquisition just feels nothing like it, or like an extremely gutted version masquerading as Origins. Like, I can't comprehend a big Origins fans going "OH THIS IS AWESOME, EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED". It's not Origins. So either make it exactly like Origins, as Origins was, or fuck it; make it an action RPG. Make it awesome on either end of the spectrum, not some blurry in between.

Yeah, I'm totally with you. As that huge Origins fan this isn't what I wanted but DA2 was so far in to the "thing I didn't want" that this game is a huge breath of fresh air. I got super in to the lore of Origins, I love the world that DA is in... Inquisition brings more of that, if the banter bug wasn't a thing it'd be great because one of the best things in DA games is the banter between characters. Honestly though, my biggest complaint (outside of bugs) is that this game digs in on the DA2 lore when I feel that game was abysmal. Yeah, I miss DA:O combat, this game is pretty buggy... but after the hot mess that DA:O was I can't help but be happy with what DA:I has done (even if my Warden is relegated to a codex entry and an offhand comment from Leliana/Morrigan).

tskeeve

I feel like they did make it try to make it work at the opposite end of the spectrum, though. At least, they went as far as they could given that it's a party-based RPG. If you pretend that there's no tactical cam option, this game plays like an action RPG with terrible AI companions. The tactical cam option just makes it seem like DA:I is making an attempt to have an in-between system, but it really isn't.

Minus the climbing mechanic, I really don't feel like the combat is fundamentally different from Dragon's Dogma.

Xeteh

Minus the climbing mechanic, I really don't feel like the combat is fundamentally different from Dragon's Dogma.

Gameplay-wise I feel you're either giving too little credit to DD or too much to DA:I. Even if I only control one character in DA:I the gameplay is nowhere near as fun or fluid as DD and I also never felt like my companions were holding me back either. DA:I needs an identity. This inbetween-er combat is holding back a fantastic game.

Because quitting the game to muck with the system settings is fun fun fun.

All you have to do is alt-tabbing, done in seconds. On PC, anyway.

Thank you for this - no way I was gonna wait 14 hours for some quests to finish. Yeah I feel dumb advancing the clock, playing the game and saving the results, then exiting out and resetting the clock again, but that's better than actually waiting several hours.

Honestly, I'm kind of confused by... the point of having timed war table quests, gameplay-wise. It seems like a weird carryover from mobile / F2P mechanics, except there aren't any microtransactions or items to make things go faster, and it creates weird incentives for players ("I'm actually not going to play this game for a day while I wait for the clock to run").

I think the long wartable dispatch missions are meant to be started at the end of our gaming session. The timer runs in real time, so if you have 14-hours dispatch mission, it's better do start it before you go to work or sleep.

The outcomes are different, but mostly on rewards and agent recruited. That's all I know though.

I've got a question, if you don't mind answering. Why would you actively wait for them, to the point of not wanting to play the game before they are finished? Or even bothering to do the alter-clock thingie? I usually just execute the order then forget about them while doing other things until I get the "mission complete" report.

There are different outcomes for certain of them, like the one you mentionned.
You can in fact save the wardens, iirc what I did was send Cullen there first to fight against the darkspawn(few losses), then send lelianna scouts to find a path in the mountain(no losses), then send josephine to get help from nobles around the place to siege it(few losses) and then I forgot, I think josephine again to call in people to blow up the mountain so the warden don't all die. I've tried a few results and in most cases the wardens die, in the one I did they didn't.
Now did it have any impact? I have no idea, not that I could see and I don't remember getting a good reward out of it. It might have unlocked some further missions though, but I didn't really bother checking since I was done with the game and just rushed the story quests to finish it at that point without looking at the table.

There's quite a few like that that have "fail conditions" where sending the wrong person will basically fail the mission and prevent you from getting some stuff, or maybe nothing it's hard to tell. In some cases, all choices lead to success but the person you sent determines the loot you get. In other cases, sending someone doesn't make a difference at all and you get the same reward for everyone.

Was it a mistake to start with dual daggers rogue on Nightmare? I don't really have any of the big burst damage skills yet so in the meantime I'm just running around enemies and scratching their backs until Twin Fangs. Should I go bow and respec back later?

Zafir

Well, I'm pretty sure I had the same thing happen on my first playthrough, and I was using forces for the Grey Warden related missions.

This is if you mean the war table missions after the main warden mission, where you can send them off to do a few things.

Was it a mistake to start with dual daggers rogue on Nightmare? I don't really have any of the big burst damage skills yet so in the meantime I'm just running around enemies and scratching their backs until Twin Fangs. Should I go bow and respec back later?

I had a lot of trouble getting flanking damage because a lot of mobs are constantly moving which resulted in not doing any damage at all a lot of times. Still havent figured out how the game determines this. For now I have respecced into bow/assassin and dont regret it so far. Having lots of fun, its a blast. I still plan on respeccing again later back to dual wield though because its what i usually play...

Xeteh

If you're able to keep yourself alive while doing damage then you're fine. My experience with Nightmare is that melee characters are inherently less useful because they seemingly die anytime an enemy sneezes. However if you can keep yourself alive without having to spend each fight hiding in a corner you'll be fine, it'll only get better once you get a specialization.

If not, feel free to respec, Archery Rogues are fantastic especially without the inherent risk a melee Rogue has to deal with. Play with what is comfortable, Nightmare gives you enough to stress about already.

leng jai

The sound mixing in the PC version is seriously weird. I have to turn up my receiver to ridiculous levels to get a decent volume. Voices are super soft no matter what compared to everything else. Ambience is hard to hear (rain also) and your own abilities are super loud while whatever your party is doing is barely audible.

Depends on people, but melee rogue is definitely the hardest starting class from what I've played, damage isn't very good, CC isn't good, survivability isn't good. After a few levels though it gets a ton better, well the damage part mostly, rest is still kinda garbage though you stagger mobs a lot from the damage so you do a bit of CC and you can in theory get the sleep powder thing. Archer is a lot easier to play overall.

Carbonox

Thought I'd be all cocky and try and take on the Dragon at Emprise du Lion after dicking on two other ones with my Knight Enchanter. Yeah I'm too under-levelled for that shit. :lol

80 hours and I've still got like 3 maps I've yet to explore and just over half-way of the story missions done. I have done pretty much all side missions apart from the Inner Circle stuff now for all but said 3 maps so I'm getting close to just steaming through the rest of the game.

Incredible stuff.

I had a lot of trouble getting flanking damage because a lot of mobs are constantly moving which resulted in not doing any damage at all a lot of times. Still havent figured out how the game determines this. For now I have respecced into bow/assassin and dont regret it so far. Having lots of fun, its a blast. I still plan on respeccing again later back to dual wield though because its what i usually play...

If you're able to keep yourself alive while doing damage then you're fine. My experience with Nightmare is that melee characters are inherently less useful because they seemingly die anytime an enemy sneezes. However if you can keep yourself alive without having to spend each fight hiding in a corner you'll be fine, it'll only get better once you get a specialization.

If not, feel free to respec, Archery Rogues are fantastic especially without the inherent risk a melee Rogue has to deal with. Play with what is comfortable, Nightmare gives you enough to stress about already.

Depends on people, but melee rogue is definitely the hardest starting class from what I've played, damage isn't very good, CC isn't good, survivability isn't good. After a few levels though it gets a ton better, well the damage part mostly, rest is still kinda garbage though you stagger mobs a lot from the damage so you do a bit of CC and you can in theory get the sleep powder thing. Archer is a lot easier to play overall.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stick out for a little while longer. For now I took the skill in the Subterfuge tree that makes enemies more likely to ignore me especially when flanking. Haven't been targeted all that much but my damage output is trash and my party always seems to be getting wrecked. I think things will get a lot better once specializations get unlocked though. Pretty rough right now.

Getting ahead of myself but if I go with the Assassin tree that's good for either weapon type right?

Tankshell

Guys, if I am just following the main questline, how many *optional* zones am I going to miss? If the main questline does not take you to all these other zones, then when is the best time to visit/do them?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dragon Age Inquisition beats the crap out of Dragon's Dogma in MANY, MANY things, but the combat system is not one of them.

Dragon's Dogma battle system is divine, for the most part.

Is this game always online only? I'm playing the ps4 version but PSN is currently down and I'm stuck on the " connecting to the dragon age servers". Game can't be played without internet connection?

Edit: after 5 minutes of trying to connect to the servers, it put me to the main menu. So you can play it offline. Just have to wait until it gives up connecting.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stick out for a little while longer. For now I took the skill in the Subterfuge tree that makes enemies more likely to ignore me especially when flanking. Haven't been targeted all that much but my damage output is trash and my party always seems to be getting wrecked. I think things will get a lot better once specializations get unlocked though. Pretty rough right now.

Getting ahead of myself but if I go with the Assassin tree that's good for either weapon type right?

Tempest and Assassin work with both type of rogues fine and are both very good specs. Artificer is kinda meh as an archer but the focus only works on archers, so it's pretty meh overall, wouldn't recommend it but if I had to say I'd say play it with melee rogue and just use the inquisitor focus instead as I think it's even worse as ranged(it's decent on Varric though because of the passives, kinda).

Your damage shouldn't be too bad, though what you want to do asap is go to Val Royeaux(just go do the story stuff and close a couple of rifts in hinterlands to get the power) and buy the tier 2 dagger schematics at the vendor there. Then craft a basic set of daggers with iron/whatever leather you have, doesn't really matter much, but it'll help immensely as your damage will skyrocket and you'll be able to perform your rogue role. Daggers are by far the highest DPS weapons in the game, they attack fast and do solid damage, plus you eventually get dual blade daggers which have an aoe component(though in a fairly small area).

I'd say the threat passive is useless, though it has some uses I guess early game since from behind you generate 0threat so mobs will never turn around even if you don't one shot them which I guess is nice. In terms of how to play, early on personally I kinda experimented, I went for Deathblow which is ok but not that great that early, and the hook that brings you into melee range of stuff but it's fairly awful due to the super long animation, so I'd say, don't do that ^^. Flanking Strike or whatever(first skill in dual blades tree on left side) with the upgrade that puts you into stealth is a solid upgrade and Shadow strike/dodge roll in the subterfuge tree are also very potent early on. Twin Fangs is also great from behind, it's garbage if you don't hit from behind though. You could also go knockout powder in there if you're feeling more controlly but personally never bothered, I had my mages do the CC. Once you reach specialization, respec entirely and probably dump many points in your spec then figure out what you want in the rest depending on the spec you choose.

tskeeve

Gameplay-wise I feel you're either giving too little credit to DD or too much to DA:I. Even if I only control one character in DA:I the gameplay is nowhere near as fun or fluid as DD and I also never felt like my companions were holding me back either. DA:I needs an identity. This inbetween-er combat is holding back a fantastic game.

Of the two, I suppose I could be giving too little credit to DD. I'm not the biggest fan, though admittedly, I do think the combat is just shy of the Souls series in terms of my enjoyment.

I guess I just don't feel like DA:I is that clunky. In fact, I feel as though combat is quite responsive. Movement is precise and fluid. When I press a button, the action is executed instantly. If anything, the biggest issue about the 'feel' of DA:I combat that separates it from most other quality Action-RPGs is that it seems like enemy hits track you for longer than they should. Moving away from an attack frequently doesn't register as a dodge (though I haven't experienced this issue when using specialized dodge skills, like the Rogue 'evade' skill).

Keep in mind, I'm just talking about fundamentals of combat here. DA:I enemy composition, spell use, strategy and design is scraping the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel with regard to all these other factors. It's just incredibly uninspired and limited, leaving a perfectly workable combat system feeling barebones and repetitive.

In summary: the combat 'feel' is great, but the encounter design is miserable. I think people are conflating the two.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is this game always online only? I'm playing the ps4 version but PSN is currently down and I'm stuck on the " connecting to the dragon age servers". Game can't be played without internet connection?

What?

No.

There's an option box that you can tick off under Account in Option where you disallow the game to connect automatically to EA when you begin, meaning you can play this game offline in its entirety if you want--which I have done on numerous play sessions.

What?

No.

There's an option box that you can tick off under Account in Option where you disallow the game to connect automatically to EA when you begin, meaning you can play this game offline in its entirety if you want--which I have done on numerous play sessions.

Thanks, just turned them all off in options. Won't have to bother with that anymore.

I think my character's voice changed since i arrived at skyhold. Or am i just imagining it?

Yeah there's a bug like that. On creation you kinda want to switch back and forth your gender and voice so the game remembers them appropriately, otherwise you can run into those stupid bugs where NPCs consider you a female even though you play a male or where your voice changes.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I completed about 60/70% of the Hinterlands before visiting another area and I loved every minute of it.

If you're feeling bored there sure you can visit other areas and enjoy a change of scenery but personally I found the discovery of all the items/locations and new creatures very enjoyable. I only left after reaching the stables and the dragon area because I felt I couldn't progress further in them with my then-current level and gear.

Moff

I completely agree. Inquisition has easily the worst combat of the franchise.

Guys, if I am just following the main questline, how many *optional* zones am I going to miss? If the main questline does not take you to all these other zones, then when is the best time to visit/do them?

Whenever you feel like it. Personally I like to do a bit of story to unlock new areas, visit them all, and once I'm done with each area I move on, but I understand that could be tedious for some people, so just do it when you feel like it.

Yesterday I killed my first Celestial Dragon.

What a combat! 20 minutes hitting that motherfucker down.

At least all my party jumed from 14 to 15. Shame the loot was garbage.

AXE

Quick question:

Can I sell the "valuables" or are there mission/quest/crafting items there?

I'm SO out of inventory space that it begins to affect my desire to boot the game.

Solo'd Vinsomer (Storm Coast Level 19 Dragon) on Nightmare using a dual-wield Assassin. Got some flashy gameplay footage for y'all in a bit, plus the build I used. Took 6 minutes to kill, no cheap Tempest/Fire Flask/Thousand Cuts tactics used here - straight up Assassin stuff. It's a pretty fun build!

Quick question:

I'm SO out of inventory space that it begins to affect my desire to boot the game.

Sell everything in "valuables" except for creature research items - turn those in.

Braag

After 40 hours I'm still not really enjoying a 2 handed warrior.
I feel like rolling a Rogue in a new playthrough. I'm pretty much skipping all of the side quests now and trying to advance through the story as fast as possible and be done with it :/
Most of the time I switch to another character and rather play as Varrick or Dorian than my Inquisitor.
I've never had this problem in the previous DA games.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I completed about 60/70% of the Hinterlands before visiting another area and I loved every minute of it.

If you're feeling bored there sure you can visit other areas and enjoy a change of scenery but personally I found the discovery of all the items/locations and new creatures very enjoyable. I only left after reaching the stables and the dragon area because I felt I couldn't progress further in them with my then-current level and gear.

I basically traveled *ALL OVER* Hinterland when I first got there with the exception of Redcliffe since it is closed and some part of the bottom left area (the Ha... Ha... wood or something). I even go towards the area where the Dragon show up--of course I ran like crazy while it spat fireballs at me for a while before it perched on the northern area (not gonna go THAT way with only level 8 characters!, hahaha)

Quick question:

The wise thing to do is to turn to the Creature Research desk first before you Sell All the valuables you have.

I just real-timed the Hinterlands dragon with a full party of level 12's on Nightmare.

I'm gonna switch Iron Bull back to 2H. I no longer require a tank. =P

Is Nightmare doable? I think I might make a mage Knight-Enchanter to blow through it, only do main story missions and the other stuff required for them.

Just finished Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts quest AKA Saving the Empress of Orlais main plot quest. I could see how some people can be ticked off at this particular quest,
particularly that of court approval rating decay and attempting to be 100% completion and find everything (unfortunately I also failed in trying to find all the halla statues)
, and while I do find it the least enjoyable so far I still enjoyed the quest nonetheless. Plus I found the
re-introduction of Morrigan
and the overall political intrigue most exciting.

It isn't as bad as DA:O's "The Fade" plot as people have stated in the previous OT.

Bearthgar

Banned
Argh! Started as a mage. Got to around level 5 and didn't love it, so I rerolled dagger rogue. Got it to 5 and then switched back.

Now I'm around 20 hours in on the mage and am a knight enchanter. I switched over to playing Cassandra for the first time last night and now I'm considering starting over as a warrior.

I always loved tanking in MMOs and thought I'd be bored doing it in a single player game, but it was actually a lot of fun....

Argh! Started as a mage. Got to around level 5 and didn't love it, so I rerolled dagger rogue. Got it to 5 and then switched back.

Now I'm around 20 hours in on the mage and am a knight enchanter. I switched over to playing Cassandra for the first time last night and now I'm considering starting over as a warrior.

I always loved tanking in MMOs and thought I'd be bored doing it in a single player game, but it was actually a lot of fun....

Tanking is fun, especially once you get to the point where your character basically can have guard up all the time and never takes any damage. I solo'd most High Dragons with my warrior main, all my teammates were just too squishy.

If I clear out a section in the hinterlands like a few archers then I leave the area and go back to the haven, then back again to the hinterlands would they appear there again?

If I clear out a section in the hinterlands like a few archers then I leave the area and go back to the haven, then back again to the hinterlands would they appear there again?

Depends, I think mob types like Outlaws and Smugglers will always be there. However, mages and templars will disappear if you complete their specific quests to drive their forces back.

I basically traveled *ALL OVER* Hinterland when I first got there with the exception of Redcliffe since it is closed and some part of the bottom left area (the Ha... Ha... wood or something). I even go towards the area where the Dragon show up--of course I ran like crazy while it spat fireballs at me for a while before it perched on the northern area (not gonna go THAT way with only level 8 characters!, hahaha)

Yeah I didn't go much further south from the farm's camp because the enemies started becoming too strong but I had reached the dragon area and also ran around from the fireballs for a bit :)

I spent 40 minutes on one late game decision

From who drank from the well. Ended up I had morrigan drink from the well. We met her mom after who gave us a cryptic message. Also if it is anything , Morrigan romanced the Protag from from DA 1 and had a human child with him.

still very uncertain about that decision. I might want to reload.

Moff

tanking is incredibly fun and satisfying in this game, so many fun skills. whoever designed this, clearly loved being a tank. I honestly can't say the same for the mage.

I recommend blackwall/champion specialization, though

Anyone know what the game means when it mentions "Barrier" in ability descriptions? If I teach Solas Mana Surge, which says "Your barrier explodes into wild magic when enemies destroy it," does that mean that the effect triggers when a barrier specifically protecting Solas is destroyed, or when any barrier on any character that was casted by Solas is destroyed?

The wording is kind of ambiguous, and if it's the former it seems kind of pointless but the latter seems kind of too good to be true. Not sure what to think and I don't want to waste an upgrade point figuring it out myself.

carlsojo

Tanking is fun, especially once you get to the point where your character basically can have guard up all the time and never takes any damage. I solo'd most High Dragons with my warrior main, all my teammates were just too squishy.

I can't wait to replay the game as a tank.

Is there a spoiler-free list of unique items in the game? I bought the strategy guide hoping it'd have a list, but no luck, and I don't want to google it for fear of accidentally spoiling myself.

I'm trying to avoid this thread because there are spoilers abound but I need to try and get some info. Holy fuck, I hate Valuables. I'm not very far into the main story but I've done my share of Hinterlands :) Also put in 2+ hours combined searching over a few days to figure out this Valuables mess and have made almost zero progress. According to the Search function on the Bioware Official forums, no one is talking about them and no one outside of a few posts anywhere else has any info of what to keep / sell. This seems insane.

So far, the list I've been able to find is KEEP:

Research Items (obvs)
Service Medal / Fereldan Medal (Creates some other thing)
Tome thing? (Creates another Tome thing?)
Spidor Ichor (Requisition)
Malachite (Requisition?)

Maybe KEEP? (I haven't seen these so I don't know if they're just crafting materials)

Diseased Tissue
Paragon's Luster
Everite

I am nearly paralyzed by inventory space because the horribly named "Valuables" tab has almost no indication of item significance and I hate missing stupid shit because I sold something to a vendor. If I didn't prioritize Conversation perks (I'm not picking anything else until I have all 4), I'd get the inventory perk to have some breathing room... Man, what a blunder with the items. Makes me realize why I actually prefer playing games like these 6 months to a year after release when all the BS has been sifted through and a quick "new player tips" list is available on GameFaqs.

Does anyone have any additional info about Valuables? I'm going to start selling some, I have to... But I'm going to keep any gemstones / letters? / notes? / things with text? Carvings seem safe to sell? I really don't want to lean on the PC item generation cheat, but I'm not sure what the alternative is.

Top Bottom