• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

On one hand I've never had the gender, voice, or dialogue bug on PC. On the other, I've had the game crash during cutscenes a couple dozen times. Not sure which is more annoying.

52806613.jpg

Seriously GAF, how come no one complains about the glitches and the lack of patch to this day ? Unity got destroyed by everyone yet everybody's forgiving DAI's many severe issues ...

Because acu comes out every year, is the same everytime. How often do games like dragon age come out.

Just finished 99:43 hours, loved the amount of closure, still got EG,HW and a few dragons to kill

Because acu comes out every year, is the same everytime. How often do games like dragon age come out.

It's ok to ship a broken product as long as it's only every couple of years!

I guess that's why so many people gave Skyrim a free pass? Only this is considerably worse. This is "Obsidian-given-12-months-to-make-a-game" level of bugginess. Dragon Age 2 had a <2 year dev cycle and was more stable / bug free than this.

Have a question, or need Nightmare tips for one of the last missions, hopefully someone can help.

I can reload a save if necessary.

The Final Piece, where you fight the dragon, I'm getting romped and so far Nightmare has been pretty easy. I have Blackwall as my tank, Viv lightning and Solas Cold. Here's the thing though, I haven't fought a dragon yet, I've been saving them for end game, don't know why, I just have. So any tips at all would be appreciated.

Edit: I should add that I'm a lvl 21 Rogue Archer.

Edit 2: Nevermind, that was actually pretty easy.

It's really the one big downside to having so much online-integration with consoles today. It allows publishers to ship an unfinished product so long as the day-one patch fixes all of the major issues. It's ridiculous when a game like Lords of the Fallen has a day-one patch rivaling the size of the game install.

abundant

Perilous is no joke in MP. Enemy archers keep one shooting my level 20 Elementalist.

I haven't seen anywhere near the amount of game breaking bugs in this game compared to Skyrim or an Obsidian game.

Like with nearly all Open World RPGs YMMV. FO:NV ran smooth for me for instance. I'm interested to find out how buggy Witcher 3 turns out.

massoluk

Banned
God damn, I've been playing this game the wrong way the entire 60+ hours.
When I started, I saw option to click of the helmet display, being Mass Effect/DA veteran, it made sense to me to tick that one off to see face during cutscene. I didn't realize somehow the helmet is off by default during conversation.

:p

Korten

Banned
The Demon commander in MP needs to be nerfed. It's stupid how he can OHK you from an unblockable and most times undodgable attacks.

On Xbox One at least there are what I would call severe issues. Game crashes back to dashboard at least once every few hours. There are too many audio bugs to mention and conversations freeze leaving you with no option but to quit and reload. So yeah I would say I have encountered severe issues.

You can't just excuse a game for being big and expect it to be a bug fest. But oh it's ok it's a large game so let's give it a pass.

Regarding the coversations freeze: You can skip it by pressing "x" or if it doesnt work you'll have to wait 1-2 minutes until the conversation continues. The conversation with cassandra freezed so I had to look at her boobs for 2 minutes.

abundant

I lament every time I go into a match and see Demon enemies cause it means there's a high chance we will fail the ending.

It's kind of ridiculous how much harder it is to finish a match vs. Demons than it is to finish with the other two enemy faction. And it is all because of how OP the boss is.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
The Demon commander in MP needs to be nerfed. It's stupid how he can OHK you from an unblockable and most times undodgable attacks.

Just got a legendary greataxe in multiplayer. Badass.
Demon command can wipe a full, fresh party out of the ground and it is freaking ridiculous. Otherwise this multiplayer is really amazingly special and I'm scared people will never try it because the single player is so amazing too.

So I'm always hyped to see people mention the multi.

Psn: Splitdog79 .

wolfhowwl

Banned
On the single player side I've had a couple of CTDs and some stuff that saving and reloading fixed.

Multiplayer is much worse and I've had more crashes in a few days there than I've had since launch in single player. C'mon BioWare, how can I pay microtransactions for trash items when the game doesn't even work?

I guess that's why so many people gave Skyrim a free pass? Only this is considerably worse. This is "Obsidian-given-12-months-to-make-a-game" level of bugginess. Dragon Age 2 had a <2 year dev cycle and was more stable / bug free than this.

Yeah but Dragon Age 2 was shit. While I'm also annoyed that there's no patch yet (or any developer statement beyond the initial "we are looking into it"), the game isn't broken to the point of being impossible to play, unlike, say, AC: Unity.

The only bugs I've encountered were some awkward jitters/cuts during some cutscenes and a few CTDs which haven't hit double digits as of yet in my ~60 hour playthrough. Again, hardly game-breaking; not even at the same table as Skyrim tbh.

abundant

We need a MP thread if there isn't one up already. While playing with randoms has been surprisingly fun, I need to get into a GAF game. I have a fully leveled Elementalist and Archer BTW.

PSN: Onslaught56

Okay, granted. Those are serious issues. I've been playing the PS4 version, and I run into a little glitch now and again, and in 60 hours, my game has crashed to the dashboard exactly three times. So I was wondering where these grievous issues I've been hearing about were coming from. The answer seems to be "other platforms". It makes me wonder what the lead platform for this game was.

Yeah it's run mostly fine for me. I've only had 2 or 3 crashes in about 90 hours. Some irritating things like when dialogue doesn't advance, but nothing really major. And the voice change bug kind of worked in my favor, the new voice fit my character better.

Korten

Banned
Demon command can wipe a full, fresh party out of the ground and it is freaking ridiculous. Otherwise this multiplayer is really amazingly special and I'm scared people will never try it because the single player is so amazing too.

So I'm always hyped to see people mention the multi.

Psn: Splitdog79 .

They need to nerf it, badly and soon. Otherwise fighting Demons makes me want to quit. :/

Just encountered some nigh on catastrophic framerate drops while fighting the Stormy Shore dragon. Only time I've really encountered anything like that.

But that's dragon #8 down. I know where #9 is and I'm assuming the one I haven't seen yet is in the Hissing Wastes.

The Fucking Hissing Wastes

Fuck that place, seriously. Everything is ridiculously far away with nothing inbetween.

Also, I recently beat all 3 sections in that shard place in the Forbidden Oasis and opened the last door.

Spoilers ahead

I was really expecting more from that place than just electricity resistance on top of the other resistance buffs; it was quite a slog to get all those shards and the loot I got at the end wasn't even that good.

Yeah but Dragon Age 2 was shit. While I'm also annoyed that there's no patch yet (or any developer statement beyond the initial "we are looking into it"), the game isn't broken to the point of being impossible to play, unlike, say, AC: Unity.

The only bugs I've encountered were some awkward jitters/cuts during some cutscenes and a few CTDs which haven't hit double digits as of yet in my ~60 hour playthrough. Again, hardly game-breaking; not even at the same table as Skyrim tbh.

AC: Unity isn't impossible to play, and wasn't at launch either. I should know, I have it on PC as well. And you are extremely lucky to only have experienced "some" issues. I've had about 4-6 CTDs in 20 hours, dialogue glitches probably 50-60 times, characters stuck on invisible walls for up to 2 minutes about 20 times, sound dropping out entirely in combat maybe 10 times. I can't go 30 minutes without something fucking up. Any time my net connection gets intermittent it locks the whole game up for 60 seconds, then unpauses and goes "lost connection to server lol!"

Since all this shit happens to varying degrees (I seem to be an extreme case but many people report these issues) on every platform it's impossible that they didn't know about it in testing. And I didn't even get the gender bug or voice bug.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
We need a MP thread if there isn't one up already. While playing with randoms has been surprisingly fun, I need to get into a GAF game. I have a fully leveled Elementalist and Archer BTW.

PSN: Onslaught56
I won't have time until like Monday but if nobody makes one by that time I'll try it out!

JoeBoy101

Well, DA2 barely any content. What was there to QA?

This is a new engine with orders of magnitude more content. Skyrim taught me, the more open the world, the more likely the bugs. Doesn't excuse them being there or not begin fixed, but it has tempered my tolerance of such.

Wiseblood

The only really major bug I've experienced is the weird dialog pauses that happen, mostly throughout the "Here Lies The Abyss" quest chain.

hlhbk

52806613.jpg

Seriously GAF, how come no one complains about the glitches and the lack of patch to this day ? Unity got destroyed by everyone yet everybody's forgiving DAI's many severe issues ...

Preach it. The fact we haven't received a patch almost 3 weeks after release is a joke. They never should have released the game in this condition.

Well, going offline and not exiting from the war table has resulted in some pretty frequent banter. Just had 3 in the space of about 10 minutes while exploring the Hinterlands. Maybe on this playthrough I won't be bored to tears while exploring the Hissing Wastes.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow, I am such an asshole. I played for 35 hours and only just discovered that pressing left on the d-pad opens the map.

I've been doing options -> quest map this entire time! It already annoyed me quite a bit at how cumbersome that was.

leng jai

Wow, I am such an asshole. I played for 35 hours and only just discovered that pressing left on the d-pad opens the map.

I've been doing options -> quest map this entire time! It already annoyed me quite a bit at how cumbersome that was.

Thanks for the tip (lol).

t0rment

this game makes me appreciate the level of polish on most jrpgs, they don't have the writing or the developed characters that this game has, but they are some very consistent experiences, polished in almost everything.

i'm waiting on the patch to really dive in, since 30 minutes in i had the audio bug, and i don't wanna deal with this stuff. been playing mp but it's a mixed bag, the micro transactions feels really disgusting, especially since the lag is higher than a lot of f2p titles, like warframe.

Its exactly why skyrim is given a free pass , open world games are always bound to have bugs at launch. If every game that came out was a massive open world RPG, then beggars would become choosers

Can anyone give me PS3 impressions of this game? I just want to know how it runs, looks and if you're satisfied with the PS3 version. Please keep it spoiler free. Thanks ahead of time Gaf.

Moaradin

Are you on console? I'm on PC playing with a controller but it never opens the map with the dpad. Weird.

aborath

Neo Member
Could someone give me a tip on finding a good high-end staff? This is the best thing I've managed to slap together:

7rXvwAS.png

Caboose

Fuck this game until it gets patched. Regular crashes, sound cutting out, no party banter, and I'm on PS4. Ugh.

Moff

Could someone give me a tip on finding a good high-end staff? This is the best thing I've managed to slap together:

7rXvwAS.png

that's not bad, have you not found the master spirit rune, yet? I think thats the only thing that can improve it
I have the archmage staff (tier 3 recipe) and the master spirit rune, I am not sure if the dps is 133 or 139 though

Maledict

I honestly cannot the believe that anyone thinks this is more bug than Skyrim. Skyrim was literally unplayable on one console and damn near unplayable on the other at launch with the memory issues,and the texture bugs, and the quests breaking which made the game impossible to finish, and the missing NPCs etc etc.

I mean, don't get me wrong - there are bugs, some of them are bad, and they should be fixed ASAP. The delay in the patch isn't acceptable. But I honestly don't understand why Skyrim, which launched in a far worse state, got less stick than this or is being held up as an example of a bug free game. This is probably the least buggy big world RPG i've played...

Lucreto

I swear I read a while back than the plant resource were finite and if you didn't pick them sparingly they would go extinct.

I spent very little time collecting them throughout the game.

tcrunch

I swear I read a while back than the plant resource were finite and if you didn't pick them sparingly they would go extinct.

I spent very little time collecting them throughout the game.

Heh...heh...they respawn every time you turn around. Someone tricked you good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm about 20 hours in and have had no crashes during play or game breaking bugs, at least none that I've noticed. I've had a couple of crashes on boot, before loading my save, but I've put that down to my liberal use of alt-tab at inopportune moments. Never crashed or anything while playing. Party banter is frequent.

A significant bug that is obvious is the broken armour models for Quinari. Some shit just doesn't show up at all.

Einbroch

Banned
Preach it. The fact we haven't received a patch almost 3 weeks after release is a joke. They never should have released the game in this condition.

#1 I am so pissed because I really want to play the game because it is great.

#2. These fucking bugs never should have been in this game at release.

#3. People just dumped 100 hours into the game and now found out the banter bug was present.

WTF? How are people in this thread defending this shit? It's a joke.

Releasing the game with the cutscene performance, dialogue bug, broken conversation wheels and more in a story focused game is a joke. Companies wonder why people don't by games day 1 and blame piracy all the time. How about looking in a fucking mirror and release a polished fucking game.

LOL wait a minute why would it take forever in QA? I mean considering Bioware obviously did 0 QA before releasing the game why start now?

Why are you still here?

We get it, you're upset. But you're not even playing the game. It seems like a colossal waste of your time to keep coming in here and shitting on the game for the exact same reason. You can if you want, but every single one of your last like ten posts are just complaining about bugs for this one game. I don't go into OTs for games I don't like and constantly complain about how I don't like the game.

Sell it, post on their forums, or do something else. What joy are you getting out of this? Why are you wasting your time?

Top Bottom