• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Grisby

Got my Keeper up to lvl20 (she's such an asshole, lol) So Divine or Sentinel for Templar MP? Anyone got any suggestions?

Lover her VA btw. I wish some of the talky bits were more fleshed out somehow. I like it.

Best way to use up my inquisition perks? Only reason i havent spent any is that it seems very few of it can be earned in one playtrough.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Best way to use up my inquisition perks? Only reason i havent spent any is that it seems very few of it can be earned in one playtrough.

The best, benefits wise, are probably the extra potions, 10% bonus to all defenses, extra tonic/elixir/potion slot, and if you feel like you need it, the inventory space.

Everything else is dependent on how you want to play, but I'd avoid the Leliana ones like extending range of the search circle, or making everything visible on the map in terms of logging camps / quarries, when you can just google them.

Personally, I went pretty far into Josephine's route, but unfortunately, the crafted Tier 3 schematics are all pretty much better than merchant gear.

If you're still early on in the game, I'd honestly suggest the codex boosts, most of them seem to stack for xp, plus they open up new dialogue options for different scenarios.

aborath

Neo Member
that's not bad, have you not found the master spirit rune, yet? I think thats the only thing that can improve it
I have the archmage staff (tier 3 recipe) and the master spirit rune, I am not sure if the dps is 133 or 139 though

Yes, just didn't have the mats to craft it at the time. I guess staff damage tops out much lower than other weapons?

kd-z

Starting at vertices with an odd number of edges (if there's one)?

If I'm not mistaken, there's no way you could get it wrong if you have the right starting point (unless you go through a path that's not in the original graph, of course).
The Wikipedia entry suggests it's a bit more complicated than that. Also, I'm not sure the number of edges matters.

Hey peoples. Anyone interested in creating some cool screenshots or even videos might be interested in this.

HattiWatti, the creator of the Battlefield 4 Extended Cinematic Tools, has released his tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Download Page

Things you can do
Free Camera that works with both keyboard and controller

Custom FOV

Complete control over the game's bokeh depth of field, tonemapping, color correction, and fog.

Some screenshots I've taken with it:

15723120167_db13302129_o.jpg

15308596104_d2555852f8_o.jpg

15946463391_e708fbff32_o.jpg

15292984193_151bc35d89_o.jpg
15328311874_26cc0445ca_o.jpg

15671522050_8bb9ff711f_o.jpg

15914826906_5a8a3421e6_o.jpg

Bonus shot from Natty.Dread

15932553101_db399db04e_h.jpg

Pretty slick stuff.

Be sure to check the readme for instructions\controls. It's very easy to use.

Moff

So which is the best party members?

Which are the best tank, Mage and range characters?

no doubt the best party is blackwall, vivienne and sera, they are best at what they do by far

the question is, what player class would work with them best? probably another knight enchanter

Dahbomb

Vivienne is the best mage because she has the Knight Enchanter spec tree and that is among the best spec tree in the game.

Sera is a Tempest Rogue and she has crazy DPS/attack speed. Cole is probably not that bad either but since I am an Assassin too it's sort of redundant to have him (and the Assassin Super Focus ability is not worth getting IMO).

Cassandra is a Templar and the Purge ability is really nice as are some of the Templar skills in there (lots of supportive stuff). Blackwall is probably the best pure tank with his Champion tree.

I run Vivienne, Cassandra and Iron Bull. I run Iron Bull because he has an orgasm every time we venture into Dragon territory and his playstyle is bad ass. Usually when I get bored of playing as my Archer Assassin or Vivienne I switch to Iron Bull and start hack n slashing like it's a character action game. Iron Bull has the highest damage out of the tanks due to the Reaver subclass but it's still not as much compared to what Rogues/Mages can put out. Also the banter among these 3 is pretty good (each representing polar opposite personalities and traits).

Korten

Banned
Uh... So how much better armor can you get in MP? I crated my second gear for Reaver and there's no new sets to craft...

I find it unlikely the best armor has 78 defense...

Bessy67

Uh... So how much better armor can you get in MP? I crated my second gear for Reaver and there's no new sets to craft...

I think that's it. Which is unfortunate when a couple enemy archers can already do some serious damage on medium difficulty.

Lulubop

After like a week hiatus I got back into the game and finally completed the Knight Enchanter quest. This specialization has gotta be broken, it's ridiculous. That said after I unlocked it, I respec and dumped all of my points until the tree was complete. Should I do that with my other party members? Cassandra, Sera, and Dorian? Are their specializations the overall best skill tree to focus on?

Dresden

Bunch of mentions for Sera but Cole is better unless you're an assassin as well. Mark of Death is too damn good.

That said any character setup works on any difficulty so long as you have a tank.

Hey peoples. Anyone interested in creating some cool screenshots or even videos might be interested in this.

HattiWatti, the creator of the Battlefield 4 Extended Cinematic Tools, has released his tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Download Page

Things you can do

Custom FOV

Complete control over the game's bokeh depth of field, tonemapping, color correction, and fog.

Some screenshots I've taken with it:

Pretty slick stuff.

Be sure to check the readme for instructions\controls. It's very easy to use.

More love for PC!
I'll definitely try it out later, thanks!

elelunicy

The Wikipedia entry suggests it's a bit more complicated than that. Also, I'm not sure the number of edges matters.

Actually that's the only thing that matters. You can't even deliberately get it wrong if you started at the right point unless you use an edge that's not even in the original graph. You're always guaranteed to get it right in one try and one try only.

Xevren

Be glad your set isn't bugged at least. I have some that came out with 0 armor. Really hope they get the ball rolling with these patches...

Download Page

Things you can do

Custom FOV

Nice. Utterly bored with the game, but this should keep me going for a bit.

People said Vivienne a few times but I personally didn't like her KE stuff. I had her as a normal mage with KE passives because she's just not that great at spirit blading stuff imo and still position like an idiot. I think Solas is a much better AI mage overall, the Rift pull is insanely useful for about everyone and having weakness on everything makes the game a lot easier.

Dorian is also alright for pure aoe damage, walking bomb is a great spell, though overall if you want damage, Sera and Cole are the best 2 companions, Sera because lightning flask is kinda buggy if you don't control her(and if you want to abuse Thousand Cuts there's that too, though it breaks the game) and Cole because assassin stuff is really nice. Both as archers though, melee rogues are pretty poop when played by the AI.

Blackwall is objectively better than Cassandra, but I much preferred her banter and discussions so I played her. The difference isn't big either, just that Blackwall has that special taunt that increases damage so you can melt bosses super fast if you let it stack up for a little bit.

In general though I'd say it doesn't matter that much who you pick, however Varric is kinda weak since Bianca's upgrades are inconsistent(no random drops so if you don't go to specific places you won't get the good upgrades at the right time) and his spec is meh while Iron Bull reaver spec is of limited use since the AI can't seem to position correctly and not eat melee attacks over and over, but it's workable, especially as a tank.

neoism

I haven't seen anywhere near the amount of game breaking bugs in this game compared to Skyrim or an Obsidian game.

lol I'm sooo soo lucky in those games, but surprisingly I've got 25 hours soo far in this and for a Bioware game.. its ran great... Put 250 hours in Skyrim not one crash or game breaking bug... but the only way to get around that is to save savesave save and then save some more... I didn't even finish the story and anything but after 251 hours played on steam I had 1366 saves on Skyrim... lol I've already had the max 40 saves in this game 10 hours ago. I usually save 3-4 times for some reason before I quit. All in different slots. lol
This is my first Bioware game in a loong time my last was KOTOR. -__-
The White room.... had 80 hours on my first game... I got stuck in their I was sooo fucking mad. lol didn't even buy KOTOR2.. But thankfully this game has been great and ran great on the PS4 REALLY hope the first patch doesn't break everything...

The frustrating thing is how slow Bioware has been responding to these bugs. No patches in almost 3 weeks, and very little communication about what and when things will be fixed.

Xamdou

Thanks for the responses! Definately going for Blackwall and Viviene. As for my third should I go for Cassandra as an extra tank or go for Sera for range? If I go for Sera what upgrade points should I put for her?

Also can I respec my stats for my character and party members?

Zocano

So for 60 hours I played the game solely through tactical mode (I'm on PS4). Literally only engaged in combat in tactical mode.

During the middle of a dragon fight I realized holding down the Warrior's Whirlwind is not only really really really really really really really good but actually something you can actually do.

I didn't realize this was a thing Whirlwind did because you just can't do it in tactical view.

Now I'm annoyed that tactical view is just so gimped.

Xevren

Question to those who played on nightmare, im kind of curious what did you mainly see when you closed rifts? I'm starting to think something weird is going on, at first I just assumed because I'm on the hardest difficulty it was supposed to be like this, but if I ever just leave and come back it's different. I'm not even exaggerating this, but for awhile every rift had nothing but terrors in them. It's manageable at times but it just gets exhausting having to play perfectly before getting stunlocked due to the screams/dig pop up crap.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

I would go for the speech option perks first, since there are so many books around - getting 150XP each reading is amazing....plus there are cool new story options in a few of the quests if you have those perks unlocked - and they are the best options by far generally (for you character/relationships).

Next I would go the Tailoring perks, running out of inventory sucks balls.

Deft Hands after that and potion upgrade me thinks....then whatever.

hlhbk

Why are you still here?

We get it, you're upset. But you're not even playing the game. It seems like a colossal waste of your time to keep coming in here and shitting on the game for the exact same reason. You can if you want, but every single one of your last like ten posts are just complaining about bugs for this one game. I don't go into OTs for games I don't like and constantly complain about how I don't like the game.

Sell it, post on their forums, or do something else. What joy are you getting out of this? Why are you wasting your time?

OT's are not just for praising games. The Devs are paying attention to this forum I am sure. Until we get the game we deserved at launch people need to continue to make noise.

I would love to craft a weapon but so far all the schematics I buy are unviable compared to buying the masterwork item off the merchant. For example a T3 bow schematic has a max of 144 DPS but buying a masterwork bow off the same merchant has 170 DPS.

Are there any good schematics available form merchants or in the game? Or is it all drop-based?

You could go make noise at the actual Bioware forum, brah.

See, I enjoy BioWare games but their apologist community is insufferable.

Whether or not someone likes/dislikes a game is irrelevant in GAF discussions, its part of the reason why people like me flock to and participate on these forums instead of say the "official" forums. The OT does not specify whether the thread is dedicated to positive or negative feedback and as such should not be assumed as such.

I joined NeoGAF because the BioWare forum community is full of apologists who can't take criticism of games they enjoy.

Aurizen

That dude is chugging all my potions on Nightmare even with end-game equipment. I even gave him Guard on Hit armor, and some stuff from the Vanguard tree. I think I'm going to switch him to Sword and Shield, honestly. 2H Reavers are very squishy.

I like Iron Bull's personality and want to keep him on my team, I Also play on Normal, will I have any problem keeping him as a 2H. What do you recommend?

I just got a Fade-Touched Silverite (+5 Guard on Hit) and Fade-Touched Stormheart (10% chance to proc Shield Bash for 800% weapon damage).

I'm about to build the ultimate DW Assassin and solo the last 3 dragons.

10% chance to proc Hidden Blades (5 hits for 100% weapon damage)
10% chance to proc Shield Bash

Honestly, it feels like these effects have a higher than 10% chance since they trigger so often. It's actually pretty amazing.

I hate the way everyone stands during conversations.

Why are they slumped forward with their arms dead? Why are their knees always bent?

Fuck everyone in Bioware games always look so stupid when they animate.

Top Bottom