• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Levyne

Banned
Is this Artifact quest for Solas supposed to be in my journal like the similar quests for other party members? He mentions sensing the artifacts and that it strengthens the veil every time I get near and activate one, but not journal recording. I do get approval and some influence every time I set one, though.

Any chance this is coming to steam with a game of the year version?

Not unless EA changes their stance on Origin exclusivity for their games.

Hystzen

Is this Artifact quest for Solas supposed to be in my journal like the similar quests for other party members? He mentions sensing the artifacts and that it strengthens the veil every time I get near and activate one, but not journal recording. I do get approval and some influence every time I set one, though.

Oddly no it not tracked like other quests don't think even call it a quest just touch shit laying around and make Solas happy

hlhbk

Sill no patch? How shocking. I will check back tomorrow. BTW has there been any definitive way to fix the character banter bug? I know for sure I am effected by it. I am on PS4.

Hystzen

Yeah, it's the equivalent of killing Darkspawn with Blackwall in your party or Red Templars with Varric.

Or vints with Iron bull

Also you can farm Blackwall love with a dungeon in Empire the end requires a Mage to block a hole of not infinite Darkspawn crawl out 2 at time each time gets approval

Sill no patch? How shocking. I will check back tomorrow. BTW has there been any definitive way to fix the character banter bug? I know for sure I am effected by it. I am on PS4.

Bioware already no patches for most platforms until after the 9th. Looks like we may get a PC patch tomorrow but probably some time later on all other platforms.

Grisby

MP is fun. I didn't think to much of it at first but now I've almost got my 2nd character up to 20. Holding choke points with my templar tank is cool, but I wish you got more armor stuff more frequently.
Bioware already no patches for most platforms until after the 9th. Looks like we may get a PC patch tomorrow but probably some time later on all other platforms.
lKZ2s.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have it (on PC).

I think fast traveling somewhere from the war table makes it so you'll get banter. Or at least it makes it so you get some music. I notice when you don't get music when entering Val Royeaux that usually coincides with my companions not talking.

Ploid 3.0

Going to save up a ton of gold in case there's a patch tomorrow. I think I have enough nice gear, I don't really need anything else so in case they take out useless rings to abilities that are not in multiplayer I'll hold off opening more chests.

After having my saves become corrupted I turned my console off for awhile. When I logged back in everything was alright.

Also I'm assuming if I want the best party banter I should probably stick with the original trio: Varric, Cass, and Solas?

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... I noticed recently that now everytime I kill an enemy it becomes some kind of friendly spirit before finally despawning.

Anybody knows what does that?

Nah, you want to rotate out different party members as you go.

I really get attached to certain party members. . I really enjoy hearing Varric and Cass and I am debating having Dorian or Viv as a mage.

I will try to switch it around for my side quest. Any suggestion on which mage is the best companion?

Fathead

So i cant find anything about this, but did anyone find the weird dude hiding in skyhall asking trivia questions? He asked me one about loghain, then i havent found him since. Am i going crazy?

JeffG

So i cant find anything about this, but did anyone find the weird dude hiding in skyhall asking trivia questions? He asked me one about loghain, then i havent found him since. Am i going crazy?

I haven't found him. That will teach me to ignore the Characters in Skyhold

I don't know why but I can't decide if I want to romance Sera or Josephine, I hated Sera at first but some of her dialogue is really funny. I don't even know why I care so much.

Dad

My romance scene with Cassandra bugged itself into something truly amazing. We ragdolled lifelessly deep into the night.

Is there anything you can do to increase the amount of materials you harvest? I'm not sure if it's linked to your level because I was getting 6-8 on my level 18 character, started over and I'm back to getting 1 from everything. Not talking about the Leiliana perk.

Is there anything you can do to increase the amount of materials you harvest? I'm not sure if it's linked to your level because I was getting 6-8 on my level 18 character, started over and I'm back to getting 1 from everything. Not talking about the Leiliana perk.

The perk is the only reliable way to increase harvests.

IIRC there are some merchants that sell lower-level crafting ingredients too, if you can find them.

The perk is the only reliable way to increase harvests.

IIRC there are some merchants that sell lower-level crafting ingredients too, if you can find them.

I dunno. By the time I was almost done with the game I was getting so much of everything. Trying to get some everite to craft some daggers but there aren't many nodes and they take a while to respawn.

I haven't found him. That will teach me to ignore the Characters in Skyhold

Yeah I've scoured Skyhold numerous times but never found him. Bums me out...

I really get attached to certain party members. . I really enjoy hearing Varric and Cass and I am debating having Dorian or Viv as a mage.

Remember- the amount of banter is finite. I love Cass and Varric too but if you never rotate at least one of them out you will run dry on banter even if you don't get the bug.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
DragonGAF - What's the best AI settings to stop your followers blindly hanging out in fire death from Dragons?

Is it to just let them die and try and solo the scaled beast?

I hope that is not the only answer :p lol

Gattsu25

Banned
no, you can only pick one of the 3. i picked assassin as a dagger rogue and it's really strong.

You can only pick 1 specialization.

Thanks. I played a bit as Sera and Cole and decided that I would go Tempest. I didn't think it was possible that I could become more lethal than I was before but Tempest somehow manages. I'm tearing through mobs, now.

Just need to regain my backstab passive and I'm set.

DragonGAF - What's the best AI settings to stop your followers blindly hanging out in fire death from Dragons?

Set them to follow only themselves. It seriously improves their ability to accomplish things in combat by unleashing them from your presence, which, for example, prevents them from retreating back to you when you move to avoid a large AoE attack.

You may still need to manually move them to avoid it, but this will stop them from ruining their own tactics.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm at the spot where
I have to choose between jumping in the hole or doing the rituals in the Temply of Mythal (or whatever what the name of that place is)....

How far am I in the game? I'm starting to get tired of the game but I still want to finish it.

So I'm at the spot where
I have to choose between jumping in the hole or doing the rituals in the Temply of Mythal (or whatever what the name of that place is)....

How far am I in the game? I'm starting to get tired of the game but I still want to finish it.
Story wise nearly done. Just an hour or two left.

wolfhowwl

Banned

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2ocb22/helpful_dragonai_tactics_100_hours_played/

Also if you aren't already, using upgraded resistance tonics gives you a more forgiving margin of error.

Also patches.

http://blog.bioware.com/2014/12/08/upcoming-patches-and-features-for-dragon-age/

Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.

Braag

I was hoping they would add a deposit chest to Haven/Skyhold in the patch as well.
Maybe in Patch 3 then.

Dayum!
I love the list.

Apparently XB1 get it later.
We expect the patch to roll out on PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360 on December 9, 2014. We are working hard to get Patch 2 out on Xbox One as soon as possible.

About to start, want to create a Knight Enchanter, any beginning tips?

also questions:

1. Is Hard too difficult to start with? Normal too easy?
2. Any beginning stuff I should choose to make life easier?

Dante316

Omg thank god for the patch soon. My ps4 version went to crap earlier. I had no sound, no conversation prompts, no vibration. Please please be fixed when patch hits.

About to start, want to create a Knight Enchanter, any beginning tips?

also questions:

1. Is Hard too difficult to start with? Normal too easy?
2. Any beginning stuff I should choose to make life easier?

In the same situation of just starting off in hopes of creating a Knight Enchanter. Just hit level 5 and I'm learning spells to help with the Knight Enchanter build I want. . this might be making things difficult for me.

Top Bottom