• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

adj_noun

We have also identified that in some edge scenarios, banter isn’t firing as often as we’d like, so we’ll be increasing the percentage chance of it happening.

Thank the Maker.

So it doesn't fix stuttering during cutscenes or the banter bug? Wtf Bioware? Those should be top Fucking priority.

I think those will be covered in this patch:

Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.

Mikey Jr.

Finally finished the game. 85 hours clock time.

It was an amazing game, but the more and more I played it, the bigger and bigger the flaws became.

The biggest for me were the story missions versus the lands you unlock.

Before I did the final mission, I still had 3-4 areas I didn't even step in. As soon as I entered a new area and zoomed out to see how big it was, I told myself "no, I'm done with this shit".

I appreciate how bioware crafted these amazing lands, but as I kept playing, I just hated going to new areas more and more. I honestly dreaded going to a new area, zooming out, and seeing how giant it was. The worst part is that I had no motivation to do anything in these places.

This was compounded by the fact that there were so little story missions. Those were my favourite. It was linear, but it reminded my of origins.

If there were more story missions, I would have enjoyed bouncing between open world and story. But there wasn't. I had to treat the missions as presents, as a big event. That really sucks. I really hope it's not like this going forward. There needs to be a better balance, or at least give me some structure in these new lands. Really hard for me to find purpose in them.

Having said that, it is my goty. Amazing game all around.

From the upcoming patch:
Scylla Costa said:
Priority 2 – Features and content

As massive as Dragon Age: Inquisition already is, there were some things the team wanted to get in at launch, but we just ran out of time. We’ll be creating these new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.

omg YES! moar content

Give it to me, Bioware. Give it to me now.

Finally finished the game. 85 hours clock time.

It was an amazing game, but the more and more I played it, the bigger and bigger the flaws became.

The biggest for me were the story missions versus the lands you unlock.

Before I did the final mission, I still had 3-4 areas I didn't even step in. As soon as I entered a new area and zoomed out to see how big it was, I told myself "no, I'm done with this shit".

I appreciate how bioware crafted these amazing lands, but as I kept playing, I just hated going to new areas more and more. I honestly dreaded going to a new area, zooming out, and seeing how giant it was. The worst part is that I had no motivation to do anything in these places.

This was compounded by the fact that there were so little story missions. Those were my favourite. It was linear, but it reminded my of origins.

If there were more story missions, I would have enjoyed bouncing between open world and story. But there wasn't. I had to treat the missions as presents, as a big event. That really sucks. I really hope it's not like this going forward. There needs to be a better balance, or at least give me some structure in these new lands. Really hard for me to find purpose in them.

Having said that, it is my goty. Amazing game all around.

I haven't finished the game, but I get your point. I'm pretty sure I've unlocked all (if not most) area in the game, but most of them are not important. I thought there will be story missions in every zone, that will give them more meaning to do. I'm disappointed that the story missions aren't taking place in those huge zones.

I'm still having fun exploring the zones though, as there is actually a purpose in doing them. Some of them have threats which we can help with.

From the upcoming patch:

omg YES! moar content

Give it to me, Bioware. Give it to me now.

I missed that.
DLC?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Honestly, I feel like they should double mounted speed, or at least make it an inquisition perk option.

As it is, it's only just noticeably faster than running, and even with holding down the gallop key, it doesn't feel like we're really moving.

Moaradin

Multiplayer is definitely getting free dlc like Mass Effect. They already confirmed that much. I do hope this game gets some big expansions like Awakening though. I'll gladly pay for that.

Multiplayer is definitely getting free dlc like Mass Effect. They already confirmed that much. I do hope this game gets some big expansions like Awakening though. I'll gladly pay for that.

That's good, because unlike ME3's MP, DAI multiplayer needs some gameplay overhauls or additions to make it more engaging. Right now there's simply too much repetition and downtime in the matches, which makes them seem long and boring. At least, to me.

Oh, good. There's definitely stuff they talked about being in the game I've noticed missing.
Like what? I want to imagine the possibilities!

My save file got corrupted and it didn't upload to ps+, might play as asassin, I tried it out but I feel like it will be way to hard to manage or I just suck at it, I'm guessing its something you have to get more skills in? Any tips for it?

RDreamer

What's up with the rings in this game? It's like they forgot them until the very end. If I had a dime for every ability duration and ability damage +30% rings I got, I'd be able to buy another Dragon Age Inquisition... Is it really that hard to add in some fucking variety? Have 10% versions, 15% versions, 25% versions, 35% versions at the very least? Or, you know, something else altogether...

Other items seem alright, but the jewelry just kind of sucks.

Sigfodr

Hour 60: I've cleared the Hinterlands and the Fallow Mire and ran mindlessly around a couple other zones, but I've made no story progress past getting to
Skyhold

On the bright side, my last exam is tomorrow morning and Gotham is on hiatus (so I have one less review a week to write), so I might actually progress the story a little before next semester.

Tried to attack the Hinterlands dragon again with all the tips I'd gleaned off YouTube and various sites... and still got fucked around the same point despite managing to clear the valley just before the dragon's nest without losing half my potions to fucking fireballs.

I'm so pissed. How many goddamned levels do I have to outstrip the dragon by just to survive? Plus the guide that said "disable two of its legs and you'll get free hits on the dragon's head" is completely full of shit. Two legs bleeding, no stagger, not even restriction of movement.

aborath

Neo Member
What's up with the rings in this game? It's like they forgot them until the very end. If I had a dime for every ability duration and ability damage +30% rings I got, I'd be able to buy another Dragon Age Inquisition... Is it really that hard to add in some fucking variety? Have 10% versions, 15% versions, 25% versions, 35% versions at the very least? Or, you know, something else altogether...

Other items seem alright, but the jewelry just kind of sucks.

To top it off, someone on Reddit did testing of various rings/amulets/belts and found that a lot of them didn't even work. Two rings of the same skill result in no increase; focus belts do nothing; etc. Accessories really were an afterthought.

I made my face too skinny and now my beard looks like a fake beard because it doesnt attach to my skin :(

I realized too late because I couldn't see that angle in the character creation screen

Jesus the Hissing Wastes is absolutely massive. On par with the Hinterlands even. I keep finding hidden tombs and secrets everywhere lol.

I strongly dislike the combat. I don't find it fun or satisfying at all - pretty frustrating actually. I die a LOT. I think I just suck at the game or something. A shame because I really like the story, characters, and world.

LX_Theo

Banned
I strongly dislike the combat. I don't find it fun or satisfying at all - pretty frustrating actually. I die a LOT. I think I just suck at the game or something. A shame because I really like the story, characters, and world.

Possible you're just bad. Maybe trun the difficulty down and just enjoy the rest of it? Also, try different classes and play styles as well, as they tend to be satisfying in different ways.

I'm totally the opposite.
I'd fight every single red dots on my radar even though it's only giving me 10xp. It's fun as a sword+shield reaver, at least for me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'd fight every single red dots on my radar even though it's only giving me 10xp. It's fun as a sword+shield reaver, at least for me.

I would do the same thing until I spec'd into Knight Enchanter. It kinda ruined the game since all I do is mash 1 button and self barrier whenever necessary. It's made the combat incredibly boring to play. I'm almost at the end though so I'm just going to finish the main story and then replay perhaps as a rogue or maybe a warrior.

With all the upgrading and the allusions when you first get to Skyhold (kinda ending spoiler)
Corypheus never attacks it

Pretty lame

I would do the same thing until I spec'd into Knight Enchanter. It kinda ruined the game since all I do is mash 1 button and self barrier whenever necessary. It's made the combat incredibly boring to play. I'm almost at the end though so I'm just going to finish the main story and then replay perhaps as a rogue or maybe a warrior.

That's the sole reason I don't pick OP classes in any RPG. I'd rather pick a gimped class to play. That's just me though.

It bugs me that Skyhold is never fully repaired and the upgrades you do are incredibly minor.

Indeed. The first time I heard about Skyhold customization, I was thinking about Suikoden, even more massive. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

Levyne

Banned
Totally decided to save the
Chargers
on the (Party Member)
Iron Bull
mission at the Coast.
Rather save the faces I know in front of me rather than put faith in an uncertain alliance the Qunari.

Xevren

I'm with you, I love the combat in this game.

So glad to hear the patch is tomorrow, plz no more crashing and hopefully I won't have to deal with all these audio bugs.

On another note my art book came and god damn this thing is massive! So happy I picked it up.

So I got this as an impulse buy after getting burned out on Destiny. I never finished DA:O or DA2, but man this game is GOOD. Been playing almost nonstop since Friday. I've
done the winter palace mission and am grinding through loyalty quests now.

Not a huge fan of some of the corny Bioware-style writing, but I won't let that detract from how darn fun this game is.

How significant are the differences if you import a world state from a previous DA game? I'm wondering if I should play through the first two games before starting my second playthrough. I remember the decisions in ME1/2 played a decent role in ME3..

Also, the PC version is gorgeous (not even running everything at ultra lol):
updmqg.png

gvehev.png

DTKT

The horse seems like such an afterthought. It breaks banter, prevents you from seeing your companion and doesn't seem that much faster.

I tend to walk everywhere now...

I'm with you, I love the combat in this game.

So glad to hear the patch is tomorrow, plz no more crashing and hopefully I won't have to deal with all these audio bugs.

On another note my art book came and god damn this thing is massive! So happy I picked it up.

*high five

The horse seems like such an afterthought. It breaks banter, prevents you from seeing your companion and doesn't seem that much faster.

I tend to walk everywhere now...

..and you can't also gather stuff. Mounts are just plain useless for me.

Zocano

Well, I just cleared out the Emerald Graves.

Only two more areas until I can do the last mission. Emprise Du Lion seems mid-tier sized but Hissing Wastes is going to be hell to clear out.

This game is way too bloated, even though I enjoy it quite a bit, but Origins still has such a good balance between story and stuff to do.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After you capture keeps, they talked about being able to focus them on military, spying or commerce (you know, your three advisor's spheres). You can't do that right now.

There was also a deal with Crestwood that's not currently in the game, but it was definitely talked about.

Wow, that doesn't sound like the same game at all. Another case of ambition being crushed by reality?

Would probably explain why there are so few main story missions and there is no real reason to go to many of the bigger zones other than sheer curiosity. I wonder if they originally planned to make a very different game that focused more on choices and maneuvering your armies, etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You died in this game? Playing on Normal? How?

What kind of party are you using?

MaddenNFL64

About 70 hours in. level 19, almost 20. Exalted Plains.
Saved the Wardens from their huge blunder, still love them tho lol
. Just rolling along now.

koji

Has anyone tried streaming this with the Steam Broadcasting thing. Wonder how it would work with a non-Steam game.

Been streaming it to my Ouya with Limelight, works pretty good. (considering you are steering a videostream with a controller :lol)

Top Bottom