• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

On the topic of old DA:O saves, YES/NO spoiler question because my heart just can't take the suspense anymore - does the potential
Morrigan demon baby
get referenced at all?

TheHall

It's not in the notes, but i hope they also fixed the Cassandra quest where you have to kill a dude in the Hinterlands.

His camp is there, but the dude isn't.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I know this game is compatible with a controller but does it make for a good experience? I'm looking for a new game for the comfy couch.

Kimaka

Thank the Maker! While searching, items show up on your minimap. No more rotating the camera to find a tiny highlighted item.

tcrunch

jgwhiteus

Honestly on the Spirit Blade combo removal...

I've already finished the game (at 80 hours) playing a Knight-Enchanter and had no idea combos were even a thing.

Mogwai

When I travel to Haven and enter the main gate, my games has started to freeze, just for half a second, at certain points. Am I the only one experiencing this (PS4)?

Mogwai

oh yeah, i got that too. when you are running up the stairs and it stops for a second.
Yeah exactly. I've found some points where the games just stops for a moment. It doesn't even freeze completely. The camera slightly brakes before my character moves again. Seems like some BioWare jankiness.

At least I'm not the only one with the issue :eek:)

jgwhiteus

I went back to an old save in the late-game to see if the patch fixed Dorian's side-quest bug (his companion quest not triggering / not getting a message from Mother Giselle). Doesn't seem to have changed anything, so maybe the trigger is still tied to a (relatively early) plot conversation. If you're late in the game plot-wise I think you're out of luck in getting it even after the patch.

Insaniac

Noob here:

I bought something from the smithy that I thought was glove/hand armor, but it listed under the "upgrade" section. What do I do with it?

tcrunch

I went back to an old save in the late-game to see if the patch fixed Dorian's side-quest bug (his companion quest not triggering / not getting a message from Mother Giselle). Doesn't seem to have changed anything, so maybe the trigger is still tied to a (relatively early) plot conversation. If you're late in the game plot-wise I think you're out of luck in getting it even after the patch.

I did his sidequest last night after finishing Here Lies the Abyss (Wicked Eyes/Hearts was already done).

Xeteh

Noob here:

I bought something from the smithy that I thought was glove/hand armor, but it listed under the "upgrade" section. What do I do with it?

Armor can have an arms/legs upgrade slot (or both). It goes in there.

So the patch notes made it so that hair was less shiny on lower graphic settings. Now I'm just finding my hair to be shiny no matter what I choose.

sdornan

Ps4 ,PS3 and 360 went live alongside PC

Ah, thanks.

Does anyone else ever get a weird glitching animation with Krem every time they enter the tavern in Skyhold? Every time I walk in, he's standing on the chair and has to transition to being seated. Wonder if this fixes that.

Hystzen

Ah, thanks.

Does anyone else ever get a weird glitching animation with Krem every time they enter the tavern in Skyhold? Every time I walk in, he's standing on the chair and has to transition to being seated. Wonder if this fixes that.

Nope Krem still standing on his chair

Braag

Umm, the latest patch fucks up the hair. It's like plastic now.
I'm running Meshes on Ultra and it looks like that. I tried lowering it to High, Medium and Low and it looks the same regardless of what setting you're running.

jgwhiteus

I did his sidequest last night after finishing Here Lies the Abyss (Wicked Eyes/Hearts was already done).

Do you remember having a cutscene conversation with him about (earlyish spoiler)
Felix dying sometime after reaching Skyhold?
That's apparently the trigger that makes the quest available, and some people (like me) never had that conversation happen, which meant Mother Giselle never appears in the hall to give a message and initiate the quest. EDIT: It's definitely a bug, since some people contacted Bioware and were told it was a known issue. I was also able to "fix" it by going back to an earlier save and reloading the area so the conversation and sidequest happened, but I'd already completed the game by that point and had no desire to go back 50 hours (so instead I'm doing a second playthrough...)

Yeah, I think all companion quests are still available in the late game (I did most companion quests around WE/H too), but Dorian's quest in particular seems to require an early game conversation to be made available.

Oh great!!

I installed the patch on the PS4 and now I can not load my saves because it says I do not have the required DLC

"Flames of Inquisition Weapons"

What a load of bullshit. I guess i am screwed.

Restoring the licenses did not work.

Menome

Umm, the latest patch fucks up the hair. It's like plastic now.
I'm running Meshes on Ultra and it looks like that. I tried lowering it to High, Medium and Low and it looks the same regardless of what setting you're running.

Can confirm this. You had one
hundred
job
s
Bioware, how did you mess up the hair settings even more?

I know, I know, it'll get patched. Again. My hair never seems safe in this game though, from colour change to a temporary loss to the new greasy visual effect. Why do you hate my luscious locks so much? :(

tcrunch

Do you remember having a cutscene conversation with him about (earlyish spoiler)
Felix dying sometime after reaching Skyhold?
That's apparently the trigger that makes the quest available, and some people (like me) never had that conversation happen, which meant Mother Giselle never appears in the hall to give a message and initiate the quest. EDIT: It's definitely a bug, since some people contacted Bioware and were told it was a known issue. I was also able to "fix" it by going back to an earlier save and reloading the area so the conversation and sidequest happened, but I'd already completed the game by that point and had no desire to go back 50 hours (so instead I'm doing a second playthrough...)

Yeah, I think all companion quests are still available in the late game (I did most companion quests around WE/H too), but Dorian's quest in particular seems to require an early game conversation to be made available.

I got the cutscene about Felix after I did HLTA and WEWH, then went downstairs and found Giselle.

Can confirm this. You had one
hundred
job
s
Bioware, how did you mess up the hair settings even more?

I know, I know, it'll get patched. Again. My hair never seems safe in this game though, from colour change to a temporary loss to the new greasy visual effect. Why do you hate my luscious locks so much? :(

Its the Mesh setting overall that seems to have been screwed up. The hair looks worse but so does everything else affected by the Mesh setting.

At the rate BioWare patches stuff, we'll be lucky if they get to it before Christmas.

I think the latest patch fucked up hair and scars, the scars don't even show up if you play around with the bar.

Z834S1z.png

jgwhiteus

I got the cutscene about Felix after I did HLTA and WEWH, then went downstairs and found Giselle.

Huh, I tested various saves and for all conversations with him I only have the "goodbye" option since I've already exhausted the dialogue, and no cutscene... I could only get it to work in the earlier saves. Ugh, sick of testing this out. Ah well, I'm having fun with the second playthrough anyway - the Hinterlands are a breeze when you know where everything is.

protonion

I hate Elder Scroll games, I like Dragon's Dogma and I love Mass Effect. Never played another Dragon Age.

Should I bother with this?

Thanks.

Top Bottom