• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

Zomba13

I hate Elder Scroll games, I like Dragon's Dogma and I love Mass Effect. Never played another Dragon Age.

Should I bother with this?

Thanks.

This one is kinda like Mass Effect but with dragons and magic. You don't neeeeeed to play the earlier ones but they do provide a bunch of background info and lore and cool world building. If you loved ME I'd say you'll like this (provided you also like a fantasy ass fantasy setting).

It's not in the notes, but i hope they also fixed the Cassandra quest where you have to kill a dude in the Hinterlands.

His camp is there, but the dude isn't.

That happened to me. Going back to Skyhold and then going back to the Hinterlands fixed it.

Also, you don't need to do it. That's just a way to farm Cassandra approval. It won't stop you from doing her personal quest or romancing her since you can just get approval other ways.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Didn't see any mention of banter bug in the patch notes...

They're going to address it in Patch 2. And there definitely is a banter bug - 3.5 hours in Western Approach last night and I heard zero interparty banter (yes, I: switched party members, fast-traveled from the war room, took Origin offline, reloaded my last autosave - none of the fixes work). The only things my companion said in all that time was triggered one line comments by single individuals at certain locations (no dialog between party members).

It's a bug.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody has the patch installed on PC and playing with a controller?

I'm curious to see if the D-Pad left mapping to open the map was stealth fixed.

Lady Gaia

I hate Elder Scroll games, I like Dragon's Dogma and I love Mass Effect. Never played another Dragon Age.

There's a good chance you'll love it, too. The Elder Scrolls games don't do much in the way of establishing characters or settings beyond somewhat random feeling lore IMHO, and the storylines are pretty minimalist. This feels much more like a wide-open Mass Effect with a well crafted world and characters. The one risk is that you'll get caught up in the endless collection / mini-quests. So long as you focus on the main plot and your companion's plot lines you should have a grand time.

The combat isn't intricate or heavily timing-based but there's enough to it that you should be satisfied if Mass Effect worked for you.

tcrunch

Thanks.

+Exploration, the toppest-of-tops world design, amazing/hilarious party banter, lots of replayability and different outcomes to see
-Relatively few cutscenes for non-mainline quests, lots of quests delivered through notes rather than NPCs

It has a lot of elements from both Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect so I'm not really sure. It feels more like ME to me if you stick to core area quests and the main storyline quest. YMMV on how fun you find the combat to be but it's certainly better than, say, Witcher 2 or something.

edit:

Do I buy this game? I'm a lover of Fallout, Mass Effect, and Elder Scrolls.

2 birds 1 stone: see above.

Banzai

i hope they patch the hair looking like a helmet soon. cant bringt myself to play like this.
and it's really too bad my voice didnt change back from the patch -.-

I read the Masked Empire and not only do I not remember the character in the book. Who was he?
He is the
"Spirit" of Choice. One of the first spirits to be created and one of the first to look into the physical world with envy and become demons. He is incredibly ancient and powerful. He is the one Ser Michel released from the stones and the one who possessed the dalish mage girl.
I don't know what role he plays in the game, and I don't want to be told what it is. But the patch notes spoiled him for me.

Thanks to the patch my DLC package has been removed. Not that I cared for that in the first place.

But this also disables me to load all my saves thus I am stuck creating an entirely different character because I do not feel like installing the entire damn thing again on my PS4.

He is the
"Spirit" of Choice. One of the first spirits to be created and one of the first to look into the physical world with envy and become demons. He is incredibly ancient and powerful. He is the one Ser Michel released from the stones and the one who possessed the dalish mage girl.
I don't know what role he plays in the game, and I don't want to be told what it is. But the patch notes spoiled him for me.

Oh, right. Forgot about him.

I haven't seen him in the game that I recall but I still have a bit more to go.

So yeah was planning to create a new character on my second playthrough when the patch hit. But with all the new errors/bugs in character customization, gonna hold off on now, hope there's a hotfix soon and not having to wait until the next big patch.

romulus91

any HELP on this would be appreciated as its driving me crazy................are companions locked to their specific specializations ? (i.e. a KE Dorian) , i cant find the info any where

any HELP on this would be appreciated as its driving me crazy................are companions locked to their specific specializations ? (i.e. a KE Dorian) , i cant find the info any where

Yes, they are.

It's pre-determined and locked until a set part of the story occurs.

Rootbeer

Banned
omg when you L3 to search the area it now pulses the spots on the minimap... little changes like this are really awesome to see.

Tabby

Yep.

Dorian is a Necro.
Viv is a KE.
Solas is a rift mage.
Cass is a templar.

Not sure about everyone else.

Bioware just fucked up. Scout Harding doesn't even have freckles anymore because they can't properly test a patch.

Forget shiny hair, this is serious. Bioware will have to make her a full-fledged companion to make up for this dire mistake.

There is a spoiler in the patch notes, be careful.
Can you elaborate a bit?

If it's what I think it is, then in the game it's so throwaway that I wouldn't have even guessed it had greater significance.

ColdRose

Ack, what happened to my gorgeous graphics and comparatively not-shiny hair? I can't appreciate Crestwood properly like this! And the snogging Blackwall cutscene looks like we've both seriously overdone the Pantene supershine. And like someone has attacked his beard with some craft scissors.

Bioware, WHYYYYYYYY?

Seriously though, hotfix please. I'm off work tomorrow, I want an all-day play sesh :(

Flunkie

Banned
omg when you L3 to search the area it now pulses the spots on the minimap... little changes like this are really awesome to see.
YES YES YES YES YE YE YES THIS 100x

I secretly wanted this and I boot it up today and saw it and couldn't believe my eyes. Fuck Hardings freckles (
a lot of you probably would like to
), this patch owns everything.

abundant

3 similarly built level 20 Arcane Warriors (upgraded PotA) make Perilous difficulty a joke. We made our way through the level until the Demon Commander destroyed us at the end.

The patch even ruined the entire game for me. There are no more voices to be heard by my character or every single other character.

Holy hell. I guess I really need to redownload the whole game on my PS4.

Am I hearing this right? Latest patch fucks up hair even on highest settings? Any other textures?

It fucks up the entire Mesh settings and possibly more. Basically, the game is stuck at low settings even if you set it to Ultra or High in the menu. Do not download the patch unless you want the game to look like rubbish.

Menome

It fucks up the entire Mesh settings and possibly more. Basically, the game is stuck at low settings even if you set it to Ultra or High in the menu. Do not download the patch unless you want the game to look like rubbish.

I thought something seemed...off. I've been playing in bed this evening, so couldn't see the texture quality etc.

Can't see anything right now anyway as the game is stuck on 'Traveling...' to a campsite.

The patch even ruined the entire game for me. There are no more voices to be heard by my character or every single other character.

Holy hell. I guess I really need to redownload the whole game on my PS4.

I do not know what happened but I restarted my PS4 and all of a sudden my saves now load when before it said I did not have the needed DLC package.

Weird...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

God damnit. Origin just auto updated.

hlhbk

Wow. Another example of the quality QA performed by Bioware prior to release.

Top Bottom