• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

So Inquisition is my first Origin game and I'd like to know how to disable the auto update before it completes and forces me to reinstall the game. Is this terribly difficult?

Origin > Application Settings > Uncheck 'Keep my games up to date'.

Then you'll need to be in offline mode to stop it from forcing you to update when you launch it.

klaushm

This may be a dumb question, but can I play as something similar as a witcher from The Witchers games?
Striking fast with a two handed sword and some minor magic stuff...

neoism

Ps4 ,PS3 and 360 went live alongside PC

lol damn I played like 6 hours today and quit like 30 mintues before the patch came out but not sure if want some people are getting fucked realllly bad once patching the game
:/
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2osgj0/dai_patch_sticky_for_all_discussion_of_the_patch/
this happen to one persons character after patching.... @_@
anyone on PS4 can you play the game without patching it I dont care about MP at all,,,
i4JE0OE.png

jgwhiteus

Wait why can't you use a custom world state after the patch?

Only if you want to avoid logging into Origin / the Dragon Age servers to avoid installing the patch.

But you only need to login once, before you start a new game, to have a custom world state available; after that you no longer need to login anymore and your custom world state is part of your local file. So if you've already started a game with a custom world state you shouldn't need to login anymore.

tcrunch

Replaying the game just now. It's only me or every zone is full of wolf statues?

In the Emerald Graves I think there's a codex that explains those a bit. They belong to some ancient wolf warriors (like Ash Warriors from DAO, but with wolves?). I think they're all supposed to be elven in nature, there's another one in (minor final area spoiler)
Arbor Wilds that says it's a statue of the Dread Wolf.

PS remember how Ash Warriors came up in the intro of DAO and then never again? What was up with that?

neoism

The patch even ruined the entire game for me. There are no more voices to be heard by my character or every single other character.

Holy hell. I guess I really need to redownload the whole game on my PS4.

ok lol fuck that not downloading that shit.... oh man I have on auto-updates I wonder if I can turn on that system and turn it off.... I better just unplug my router lol can you play the game at all without the patching the game
I do not know what happened but I restarted my PS4 and all of a sudden my saves now load when before it said I did not have the needed DLC package.

Weird...
man you scared me still not sure if I should rick it lol

more than anything I just want the audio fixed and the goddamn shit loading in the menus the menus are literally terribly designed and the loading just makes it worse :/

Kenaras

Is this about the Flask of Fire exploit?

No. Most abilities don't trigger their cooldown or consume mana/stamina until they actually hit a target. When these attacks miss, no cooldown is triggered and no mana is consumed. For some abilities there was an exploit where if you switched targets and used the ability again quickly enough, you could get off two activations. (Rogue Full Draw was a popular one.)

I'm guessing that's the exploit that was fixed.

This may be a dumb question, but can I play as something similar as a witcher from The Witchers games?
Striking fast with a two handed sword and some minor magic stuff...

Not really. You could try a Two-Handed Templar; that's probably the closest you'd get.

hlhbk

lol damn I played like 6 hours today and quit like 30 mintues before the patch came out but not sure if want some people are getting fucked realllly bad once patching the game
:/
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2osgj0/dai_patch_sticky_for_all_discussion_of_the_patch/
this happen to one persons character after patching.... @_@
anyone on PS4 can you play the game without patching it I dont care about MP at all,,,

You can play the game without patching if you go offline, but I am pretty sure if you do that and haven't started your game yet you can't get your custom world state from the keep.

Ploid 3.0

Well.

I think I'm done for a while. 200 hours can do that to you.

You made me want to see how long I've played. 210 hours, around 140 or so spent in MP (never reloaded much outside of a boss fight where I had the bull with me which I could not raise with the AI to literally save my parties life), think I'll save SP for after a huge patch that does a lot of good stuff and just continue to collect gold and prestige characters for stats. The combat is a lot less hectic in MP than trying to fight your party AI in a game that seem designed for 3rd person action play.

Any suggestions on good starting spells/passives to invest in a Mage? I just got my first level and have no idea what to do...

I'm going to eventually be a Knight Enchanter, just wondering what kind of good builds there are and what skills are the best to go for

What level do you guys wait to begin
the assault on Haven
? I'm always afraid by moving on to the next step in the story I'm going to miss out on a mission. I made a character and somehow ended up not doing the
days of future past time travel mission with Alexius.

chris-013

What level do you guys wait to begin
the assault on Haven
? I'm always afraid by moving on to the next step in the story I'm going to miss out on a mission. I made a character and somehow ended up not doing the
days of future past time travel mission with Alexius.

You didn't miss the mission, you only choose the other path...

jgwhiteus

Any suggestions on good starting spells/passives to invest in a Mage? I just got my first level and have no idea what to do...

I'm going to eventually be a Knight Enchanter, just wondering what kind of good builds there are and what skills are the best to go for

On my second play-through I started off with Fade Step, and the Frost Step upgrade if you have the extra ability point (as a human). Especially on harder difficulties, it's useful to get out of bad melee situations quickly, and the freeze / chill is an added bonus. (it's like a lower cost Winter's Grasp with quicker cooldown).

Barriers and their upgrades aren't bad to start off with on the harder difficulties, though if you have an extra mage in your party they can usually take care of it.

I use the fire AoE spell Immolate constantly, but instead of spending an ability point I just respec immediately after the prologue quest and get rid of the single-target fire spell to replace it with that. You also want to work towards the "Clean Burn" passive which reduces cooldown times.

I wouldn't worry too much about which spells you choose in the beginning, because re-speccing is cheap and easy and your fighting style changes pretty dramatically when you become a K-E, so you'll want to respec anyway.

Reedirect

Just finished the story at around 55 hours. Still lots of stuff to do obviously, but I was already level 19 and didn't want to be too overpowered for the final mission. The
Corypheus and Red Lyrium Dragon fights
were still kinda easy, but the ending was fine. One of the best, if not the best game of the year.

neoism

fix/workaround for you PC folks

straight from bioware
To start, make sure the quality setting you choose is equal to the setting set for Mesh Quality inside Options>Graphics

You will need to add a new command line parameter. To do this:

Through Origin:

Right click on the Dragon Age Inquisition title
Go to game properties
Type the command line parameter in the Command Line Properties box.

Through shortcut:

Right Click Shortcut
Go to Properties
Under target go to the end of the field and type the command line parameter into the box

Once there, add the following command line parameter: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel <quality setting>

In this instance, <quality setting> should be one of the following:

Ultra
High
Medium
Low

An example of how to set your quality to high would be: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel High

Please note that once the hot fix is out, you will need to go back in and remove this workaround from your command line.

It’s also important to note that pre-patch 2, all users on PC were being forced to use the Ultra shader quality. This means that those of you playing on lower settings will notice a decrease in quality, particularly players using low or medium settings.

To achieve the same visuals as pre-patch, users on lower settings will need to change their settings to Ultra, which should likewise be used in conjunction with Ultra mesh quality. Mismatching the mesh and shader settings will result in other visual artifacts like overly shiny hair.

Please be aware that changing settings to Ultra may impact performance on some machines.

ownt :p

Holy shit, that looks a lot like her, good job!
thanks lol I still would give anything to be able to use the character creator again... :/ someone sad you could in DA2.. shame

I really dig the war table stuff (i.e. things happening in the world w/o you), but having every session start and end at skyhold is getting pretty annoying.

Can't I just call Skyhold and do it remotely or some shit?

Gvaz

Banned
I really dig the war table stuff (i.e. things happening in the world w/o you), but having every session start and end at skyhold is getting pretty annoying.

Can't I just call Skyhold and do it remotely or some shit?

It's designed to force you to come back and interact with your teammates and shit.

Aurizen

I finally got Dragon age today I installed it updated it and when i went to play it I got error... ce-34878-0 any idea how to fix it?

Top Bottom