• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

What's a good point to start using crafting materials and buying schematics so it doesn't feel like a waste of money? I'm sitting on 23K and a bunch of tier 2 materials afraid to waste anything.

No reason to keep any of the low level materials, use them since once you get to T3 they'll be entirely useless anyway. As for schematics, buy what you can use. Generally, just buy stuff in val royeaux and ignore most of the rest until T3, T1 isn't worth buying, slaying runes can be kinda useful but not great. For the T2 schematics, buy weapons first for your normal team(at least for your own char), then armor, upgrades when you feel like it(weapon upgrades first).

did you try deleting your profile...not save file, just profile?

What profile? I have installed a completely new HDD so everything on it is a fresh install. All my other games that I have downloaded and install work completely fine. It's just DA:I that won't work. When I delete it I do so from the storage management section.

I have deleted, reinstalled and updated it 3 times so far today and keep getting the same results.

Dollar Yen

Neo Member
I have no idea which one I missed. I know I got the one below the main encampment, but the other one I already had. I think it was the Long River one that didn't spawn as that was the area I had explored the least.

- Josephine's House of Reposte quest got me one easily. You can try that. I didn't receive it after the first time. Try the East Side Hills north house first. The female Assassin will come out the blue and come out the blue with her clique.

Those aren't "missables" though. Missables is stuff that can only be done or obtained at a specific point in the game which forces you to replay the game to acquire if you miss it(or well load a save that's before). There's not much in that regard in this game. Sure you can miss stuff, but that's not what people refer to as missables usually, it's "one time" stuff they refer to.

I'm trying to figure out a good example in DA:I terms but I'm honestly not sure there's important missables. Maybe some companions recruitment quests disapear if you advance the story? They're very hard to miss so I don't know, haven't tried.

There's a few minor missables like mostly schematics(but mostly/entirely tier1/2 so not important ones) and a few other things like amulets of power and blue gear. Story quest specific areas is where most of them are(for example
winter palace
has quite a few things you can miss, though most of it is fairly irrelevant), as well as in a few cases war table mission lines.
There are several sidequests in the game that become uncompletable after certain shifts in the world. They are the very definition of missable.

tcrunch

I think my game is bugged.

I completed the ball, and now my main quest is "What pride has wrought", and says to go to the war room. When I go there no cutscene happens and the map doesn't have anything new except a new area for 5 power that is an eleven ruin. If I unlock it I can't even travel to it. From what I understand I should have a new green story mission on the map. I've tried re-loading, traveling etc.

Fuck.

Try getting 40 power (what you need to access it) and see if it shows up. It's actually somewhat below the elven ruin pyramid thing and pretty hard to see if you don't have the green cloud over it.

- Josephine's House of Reposte quest got me one easily. You can try that. I didn't receive it after the first time. Try the East Side Hills north house first. The female Assassin will come out the blue and come out the blue with her clique.
That must have been where I got the other. But, maybe I'll check tonight.

Thanks.

Badgerst3

Finally killed Hinterlands dragon at level 15. Felt like a baller.

Glorious game.

Love how the patch now adds blips for the findable resources on the mini-map. They used to blend in too much. Feel like I am always checking the area for stuff to harvest. Sometimes takes away from world immersion I suppose.

Theres an arrow stuck over the roof of the skyhild gardens... I tried to interact with it but nothing happened. The "x" button doesnt appear anymore. Im worried it glitched and a mission didnt trigger to ipen up. Whats that arrow for?

Spineker

Banned
Ahhh I'm coming up on the final story mission. I don't want it to end, because I know all that's around the corner post story mission is a shitload of fetch quests and the vain hope that I might find a sexy piece of armor.

That's my one big complaint about this game so far, not enough interesting loot. If you're going to bore us to tears with fetch quests, you might wanna at least make the pay off worth it.

Can anyone confirm if it is safe to download the latest patch for the PS4 version? Some of the stories i've read made me a bit nervous...

it will waste more of your time

Now search pings show dots on the mini map where items are, so there is no excuse to grab each one in an AC style greedy gotta catch them all grab of items you dont need but sparkle like fake diamonds

other than that it has worked fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at
The Final Piece

Will I be able to complete other areas after the game is over? Would really like to kill all the dragons, but finish the story first.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I finished everything before doing the temple of mythal, doing that then the Morrigan stuff and the final in a row was epic I felt. A culmination of dismantling his power, then new story threads/twists with the elf and flemeth stuff and then finally Cory's last ditch effort nope sorry inquisitor is too powerful now (KE was fade stepping all attacks and hitting him with 20k firemine crits on nightmare) ultimate hero empowerment, after mass3 it was just what I needed.

I stopped last night after the Temple and picked it up today, so it's very possible that it was intended to be played at the same time. Still felt they could have done much better.
I'm at
The Final Piece

Will I be able to complete other areas after the game is over? Would really like to kill all the dragons, but finish the story first.

You can, I'd suggest you save when the game says you can't return and go back to that.

tcrunch

This is interesting:

Before Patch 2, released December 9, shader quality for all PC users was being forced to run at Ultra. This impacted the performance of low-end machines and caused some unintended visual artifacts for users whose mesh quality was set lower than Ultra. As a result, users with Low or Medium mesh settings saw hair that was shinier than expected.

[...]

This hotfix will correctly bind the mesh and shader settings and eliminate this issue. However, now that shader quality is being set correctly for everyone, players using lower settings will notice a decrease in the quality of visuals. This includes the removal of some features such as scars and freckles.

Most notably, the lower settings do not support blending of the age layer, so some users may notice that their Inquisitor (or custom Hawke) has aged considerably. And while this change is how it was originally intended to work, it could be understandably frustrating for people who created their characters before Patch 2.

So basically you best not be playing on a toaster. Ultra/High/(Medium?) settings people are ok though.

Daante

I like Dark Souls.
Skyrim does not appeal to me.
Boss battles, art direction, combat system
and graphics are important to me.
I have a decent Pc and a gamepad.

Is this game for me?

ultron87

So sometimes when walking around when people are talking outside a conversation a transparent dialogue selector pops up for you to say something. I'm pretty sure at some point the game told me what button to hit on PS4 to use that wheel but I don't remember and clicking random buttons has not worked out.

So, what button is that?

Edit: Thanks Xevren!

Xevren

So sometimes when walking around when people are talking outside a conversation a transparent dialogue selector pops up for you to say something. I'm pretty sure at some point the game told me what button to hit on PS4 to use that wheel but I don't remember and clicking random buttons has not worked out.

So, what button is that?

R3, or you'd have to go to the npc and hit x again.

Ralemont

not me
I like Dark Souls.

Is this game for me?

Maybe not. The game doesn't play like Dark Souls, it has a ton of exploratory game mechanics, boss battles besides dragons are few and far between. The art direction is great though.

Youtube gameplay vids are probably your best bet.

huxley00

This game should be called Bear Age Inquisition

1. Bears fuck up everything in sight, goats, demons, frogs, rhinos, they just go ballistic.
2. Up to level 10, I was more scared of two bears attacking me than the whole goddam Darkspawn army.
3. Bears are stronger than 3/4 of the enemies out there. They have a ton of hit points and a great AOE attack.

Here's hoping for the next chapter to focus on the great bear rebellion.

Dresden

1. Bears fuck up everything in sight, goats, demons, frogs, rhinos, they just go ballistic.
2. Up to level 10, I was more scared of two bears attacking me than the whole goddam Darkspawn army.
3. Bears are stronger than 3/4 of the enemies out there. They have a ton of hit points and a great AOE attack.

Druffalos are the true menace, not bears. The AI can't handle druffalos charging at all.

GavinUK86

Holy shitballs just
met Flemeth after Morrigan's boy used the Eluvian and entered the Fade. She has Mythal's soul inside her and now has the Old God's too? Honestly, everything about Morrigan/Flemeth etc which has been in the background of all 3 games is far more interesting to me than everything else

pixlexic

Banned

I just walked into 2 giants fightING a big red lerium abomination thing and backed into a 3rd giant.

I won!! Barely.

Neoweee

73 Hours
Lesbian Dwarf Templar-Warrior
Nightmare start-to-end
"Inquisitor" trophy unlocked

10/10, A+, yada yada yada. Easily one of my favorite games (top 20 or so). Still going to push through for another 20 hours and get the Platinum. Honestly, at this point its a pretty easy trophy with the hard one out of the way. Everything except the 10 High Dragons is just cleanup. 4 of them down, I'm only level 20, and I have half of Emprise, most of Hissing Wastes, and bits and pieces of most other zones still to do. Only Hinterlands, Storm Coast, Fallow Mire, and Oasis are "done" sans their dragons/temple or whatever.

Nightmare is really the only way to go if you are going to do even half of the game's content. My thoughts:

Normal: Balanced for fairly focused run of the central story.
Hard: Balanced for doing a good amount of side content.
Nightmare: Balanced for doing 60%+ of the side content.

Hystzen

Man amount of people who think Blackwall not being in his barn is a bug is crazy. It pretty much points you to why he not around it can't be anymore obvious then slapping you in the face

Don't forget the regal bear monarchs who travel the forest with their mabari entourage.

spekkeh

Banned
I like Dark Souls.

Is this game for me?
Hard to say because it's pretty unlike either. I find it feels most like a jrpg. Meaningful choices are few and far in between (or well hidden), once you start on a certain specialization path it's best to stick to it. Big areas tied to level.

spekkeh

Banned
Just finished the abyss mission ay papi. I'm afraid I kind of hate each and every sidemission the game has (I have not yet encountered a single one that I found inspired) but the story missions fire on all cylinders. Here's hoping it doesn't throw up anymore artificial hurdles and I can just power through till the end. Probably not.

gogosox82

I like Dark Souls.

Is this game for me?

I love Dark Souls but then I like Skyrim (on pc for the mods) so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask but I like it so far. Game looks stunning, boss battles are ok but can be trivialized. A lot of the content is gated by levels not skills or understanding of game mechanics ( ie you wont be able to take out a dragon at level 6 by just being good and understanding how the game works). Still, I like it enough but then again I'm Dragon Age fan so I was probably going to like it regardless.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Upset that it seems like the new patch did nothing for cutscene stuttering on PC. Although i havent confirmed myself, since i havent downloaded since patch is broken.

gogosox82

Just finished the abyss mission ay papi. I'm afraid I kind of hate each and every sidemission the game has (I have not yet encountered a single one that I found inspired) but the story missions fire on all cylinders. Here's hoping it doesn't throw up anymore artificial hurdles and I can just power through till the end. Probably not.

I'm in the same boat. Loving the main story quests but I'm getting this feeling that there aren't a lot left after Here lies the abyss. Not really enjoying going into new areas as much as I used to. Maybe I'm burned out or something? I don't know but I'm kind of tired of going into new areas. Kinda feels like I'm not progressing anymore. I think I'm just going to do Companion quests and finish the game.

Lucreto

I only have two complaints about the game so far.

1. There is too much to do. I am about to start Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. I have 50 power I have yet to explore The Fallow Mire, Most of the storm coast and have yet to go to The Forbidden Oasis. I want to explore but I don't want to be too overpowered for the main story missions. I think I am level 14 at this stage.

2. There should some kind of storage chest for items I want to keep. Good weapons that are too high of a level just take up space and runes you don't want to use yet.

Power usage must jump later in the game but according to the guide I only have 4 story missions left.

Any suggestions on what I should do now? Should I continue the story or open more areas and get more power?

I only have two complaints about the game so far.

1. There is too much to do. I am about to start Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. I have 50 power I have yet to explore The Fallow Mire, Most of the storm coast and have yet to go to The Forbidden Oasis. I want to explore but I don't want to be too overpowered for the main story missions. I think I am level 14 at this stage.

2. There should some kind of storage chest for items I want to keep. Good weapons that are too high of a level just take up space and runes you don't want to use yet.

Power usage must jump later in the game but according to the guide I only have 4 story missions left.

Any suggestions on what I should do now? Should I continue the story or open more areas and get more power?

Power is the currency you use to unlock missions and zones, and that's about it. Don't get too hung up about having too much of it. It comes from nearly everything you do. As far as i know there's no way to dump excess power, and I don't think it's supposed to be in low supply.

dralla

Trying to become a tempest rogue and it says I need to gather materials for a bottle of smoke. It doesn't tell me what the materials are though? So I need an empty bottle, and..smoke?

Hystzen

Trying to become a tempest rogue and it says I need to gather materials for a bottle of smoke. It doesn't tell me what the materials are though? So I need an empty bottle, and..smoke?

Read quest description in your journal it be under Path Of Inquisitor section. It tell you areas need go

Also if your archer I suggest assassin it rocks using positioning and flanks to take down chumps easy

Top Bottom