• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veilguard | RTX Announce Trailer

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

I'm glad they decided to add raytracing. Gotta spruce this last gen looking game up. Raytraced reflections and raytraced ambient occlusion confirmed.

Last edited:

Zathalus

I was wondering if that was going to be added, considering the Frostbite engine has supported RT for 6 years now.

nowhat

It's still running on Frostbite... one of my main issues with Inquisition (there were others certainly, but when it comes to the presentation), was that even without RT, everything that could be shiny was reeeeally shiny. Often to the point of distraction, along the lines of "the goggles, they do nothing". So will this be even more shiny? And yes, the art style sucks balls and not in a pleasant way.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
People held grudges on dragon age since dragon age 2 and that grudge has been firm than they found an opportunity to trash dragon age again with veilguards graphics and these haters still won’t go away.

nowhat

People held grudges on dragon age since dragon age 2 and that grudge has been firm than they found an opportunity to trash dragon age again with veilguards graphics and these haters still won’t go away.
I consider myself a fan of the series. I don't think DA2 is the worst game ever (it's not great either, but there are multiple reasons for it, most of which start with an "E" and end with an "A"). Inquisition, warts and all, I quite liked. And Trespasser was a terrific DLC - it can be argued whether the true ending of the story should be included with the base game instead of being sold as DLC, but if you liked Inquisition at all, you need to play Trespasser.

So I'm a prime candidate for preordering this, but based on what we've seen thus far, I'm really not feeling it. I'll wait for the reviews at least. This is not me hating on the game, more like being sad about the state of the IP. At least, thank $DEITY, this is not a live service as it was supposed to be at some point.

Gonzito

You think it looks good? It looks like a buffed up inquisition. All i see is prevgen assets, mediocre texture quality and weird looking models

Also the game has this haze all over it i dunno what it is
Man I just saw the trailer on a 4k screen and assets are not bad like you are saying. It looks quite good in fact. Its not technologically groundbreaking but is very far from what you are saying in your message and I say this as a guy who is super picky with textures and bad graphics

Top Bottom